Reviews

Negative Reviews of Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Vanille Coco opens in fact with a greasy caramel blast of vanilla and coconut, which reminds me of some hyper sweet chewing gums I used to go crazy when I was a child, stuffed with sugar and synthetic flavours (those huge gums you chewed for 5 minutes before all the flavour was gone). I also get a metallic-camphoraceous aftertaste which gives kind of a cheap feel to this blend, which to me does not smell neither particularly rich nor high-quality, just a bit cloying and syringed with diabetes-inducing sugary aromachemicals to make it smell loud and clear – as with most of gourmands, the rule seems to be “the louder the better”. The evolution is nicer because at least it gets a bit drier and lighter, although remaining pretty much identical for hours in terms of smell. Personally I think it looks quite hard to make “mature”, versatile and quality gourmands; this one sadly falls within the “tacky, cheesy, teenish” category for me.

17th December, 2014
This is a great summer fragrance at first. It is chocolate rather than coconut.

One day it turned into a unpleasant vanilla rubber tire. It is like Pink Sugar by Aqualina. Both has a calender; if it isn't the right season, it turns from a delicious vanilla choco pie into vanilla rubber band.

I prefer Vanille Extreme, Vanille Apricot or the plain Vanille Passion. (At least they don't play much of attitudes with the calender.)
25th November, 2008