Negative Reviews of Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Find out more about Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Colin Maillard's avatar

Vanille Coco opens in fact with a greasy caramel blast of vanilla and coconut, which reminds me of some hyper sweet chewing gums I used to go crazy when I was a child, stuffed with sugar and synthetic flavours (those huge gums you chewed for 5 minutes before all the flavour was gone). I also get a metallic-camphoraceous aftertaste which gives kind of a cheap feel to this blend, which to me does not smell neither particularly rich nor high-quality, just a bit cloying and syringed with diabetes-inducing sugary aromachemicals to make it smell loud and clear – as with most of gourmands, the rule seems to be “the louder the better”. The evolution is nicer because at least it gets a bit drier and lighter, although remaining pretty much identical for hours in terms of smell. Personally I think it looks quite hard to make “mature”, versatile and quality gourmands; this one sadly falls within the “tacky, cheesy, teenish” category for me.

17th December, 2014

luvzzme's avatar

This is a great summer fragrance at first. It is chocolate rather than coconut.

One day it turned into a unpleasant vanilla rubber tire. It is like Pink Sugar by Aqualina. Both has a calender; if it isn't the right season, it turns from a delicious vanilla choco pie into vanilla rubber band.

I prefer Vanille Extreme, Vanille Apricot or the plain Vanille Passion. (At least they don't play much of attitudes with the calender.)

25th November, 2008