Neutral Reviews of Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

A sensual way to combine saltiness and milky coconutty soapiness. A dreamy gourmand from the far oceanic islands. The Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Coco's exotic coconutty aroma is almost identical to Coppertone Tanning Oil's tropical soapy-almondy (and more than vaguely salty) scent, the latter (the mythical Coppertone I mean) being a perfume lingering in all my iuvenile memories connected to sunny-sultry days along the south-mediterranean beaches.
A vanilla-tinged exotic/heliotropic dream with a sort of salty/burnt skin-like milky-balmy background. A conceptually and deliberately soapy-synthetic/cosmetical aroma (yes an aroma more than an accomplished and structured fragrance) with a sensual and kind of ostensibly animalic (synthetically animalic) twist.
20th December, 2016 (last edited: 21st December, 2016)
Surely there must be a limit to the number of combinations you can make from the titles of Vanille, Coco and Ambre? Vanille Coco makes decent use of CSP's frequently used coconut note, but the milky vanilla slightly overshadows it. In its favour it does project well and lasts an eternity.

There is certainly very little to choose between the Coco titled fragrances, but I probably prefer the slightly kooky Coco Figue.
11th February, 2013
Smells like Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar with a touch of coconut in the finish. Mediocre.
15th October, 2007

I adore the CSP vanilla note and usually wear Vanille Abricot when I want to smell like dessert. Unfortunately, the coconut smells a bit like plastic on me, and the scent has no lasting power on me at all.
13th October, 2006