Neutral Reviews of Christmas Tree by Demeter Fragrance Library

rbaker Show all reviews
Initially displaying a coniferous impression, albeit a somewhat dull one, this retreats after the first 30 minutes and leaves me with a somewhat woodsy, plasticky and nondescript residual note.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and three hours of longevity on my skin.

Not particularly awful, but apart from a brief initial agreeable moment this has really very little going for it. 2.5/5.
09th April, 2018
I'm thinking the same thing I often do when trying Demeter's more realistic creations - why bother?
I love conifer fragrances, straight up, in blends, whatever, and have six or seven essential oils of various conifers, and that may be part of my problem with Christmas Tree. Conifer EO's are fairly short-lived, but amazingly grounding and woody while they last. Christmas Tree didn't last any longer than an essential oil, and wasn't as fresh or nearly as wonderful.
I understand for those who don't have the essential oil, this might have an appeal, but it's pointless for me. I can get a better Christmas tree memory at a cheaper price in an essential oil.
24th January, 2013 (last edited: 06th December, 2013)