Positive Reviews of Styx by Coty

Find out more about Styx by Coty in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Ms Rochambeau's avatar
    Ms Rochambeau

I just acquired a vintage 1 oz. bottle of Coty Styx EDT that arrived by mail today. Frrom the design of the bottle I would say that it's from the l940's. Before it arrived I had been looking all over the internet for information about the composition of this scent, but was unable to find any. After I applied it it was immediately familiar and It drove me crazy for most of the day trying to figure out what it was that it reminded me of. Then I realized what it was: Worth's Dans La Nuit. However Styx preceeded Dans La Nuit by 12 years. I applied Dans La Nuit to one wrist and Styx to the other and they were indeed very similar. However, where Dans La Nuit was cool, Styx was warmer and less powdery. at some point during the scent's progressiion it started to remeind me of Guerlain's Vol de Nuit.and like Vol de Nuit, Styx definitely features notes of galbanum, iris, violet, amber and oakmoss. In the end I would say that this is a cross between Dans La Nuit and Vol de Nuit. Styx EDT is relatively long lasting and is worth nabbing the perfume if you ever happen upon it.

18 March, 2010