Reviews of Love In White by Creed

Find out more about Love In White by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Emoe's avatar

Bought this for my wife,

We both love the smell, and it lasts so long!

Whenever she wears it, it gives a very sophisticated feel, and many people comment how lovely she smells, always ask what it is, and then ask if we bought the bottle so they can try some!

This is the first Creed for my wife, previously she would not even bother with a more upper end frag, sticking more to the old and bold favourites. Thankfully, she now understands the reason i spend on Creed.

When its first applied, its very floral. That soon dissapates and leaves a gorgeous summery very royal smelling fragrance. Clean and crisp, not obtrusive, and perfect for evening out.

01st August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral

Love in White is a sweet bouquet including plenty of jasmine and rose, along with a bright fruity orange peel note that makes the composition very sunny. Equally obvious is the Creed "millésime" base that I know so well from Green Irish Tweed, Millésime Impérial, and Silver Mountain Water, et alia.

Love in White is somewhat reminiscent of Fleurissimo in its ethereal brightness, but with a very modern fruity freshness added. I think the older scent is better – it’s more honest and pure, and not trying quite so hard to be perky. Love In White winds up smelling just a bit too much like an artificially flavored watermelon hard candy. The hard candy is cheaper, and Millésime Impérial plays the melon hand much more deftly.

19th June, 2014

Kamenchi's avatar

I was so excited to spritz this. It was quite a beautiful bloom, soft and bit creamy to me, but it reminded me of something. After walking around sniffing my arm for about 15 minutes it hit me. Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton! Of coarse much more refined and smooth but Sea Island Cotton nonetheless, which I have sitting on my bathroom. Two hundred compared too twelve dollars. I now have a new appreciation for the B and B version.

10th October, 2012

's avatar

Love in....shampoo.

04th September, 2012

lithiumsys's avatar

I got this for my girlfriend at the time, but she never wore it, so I sprayed it on myself and tried it out for a day. It's a nice scent, but maybe a tad bit too feminine for a guy to wear. The jasmine note really carries this one places, I loved the smell, just felt too self conscious wearing it around town.

For a lady though, this one would be great! I believe a lot of the bad reviews on this one comes from it being a Creed scent; it's supposed to be exceptional, but this one's really mediocre when compared to SMW, Aventus, or any of the other big Creed names. Still, not a bad fragrance at all, maybe not worth the price tag though!

10th April, 2012

lex's avatar

a nice well blended jasmin and light floral embraced with a powerful but gentle vanilla body.the florals are calm.women give it a try. love in white has class and and a safe scent

26th January, 2012

jtd's avatar

I had to try Love in White at some point. Given the Turin review in The Guide, I couldn’t resist. The review gives LiW the George Bush style benefit of low expectations. I was half expecting the devil in a bottle. Balance the low expectations from The Guide with the stratospheric expectations set by the Creed press mythology (yacht, 5 year world search, exotic ingredients…) and LiW could only wind up a head-scratcher. Turns out it’s a bit of a tempest in a teapot actually.

Floral blend, sweet synthetic woods. Loud, but otherwise not particularly remarkable for either its heights or its horrors. There’s something about a sweet yet acrid linear floral, though, that suggests personal product scenting. Shampoo or conditioner or the like. LiW seems designed along the lines of a hygienic or grooming product.

LiW wins by driving down the middle of the road and avoiding both high and low expectations.

01st October, 2011 (Last Edited: 02nd October, 2011)

sleepsheep's avatar

This is a pretty, floral scent that won't offend anyone. However, it is a bit simplistic, a bit flat, even a bit cheap. There is absolutely no longevity. I would pay 30 dollars for it, and spritz it on my hair all summer long, but at the current price tag I expect something a bit more complex and impressive.

29th June, 2011

GalaBrand's avatar

I hadn’t heard of this fragrance as I scoured the Harrods hall looking for the perfect scent to wear on my wedding day.
    Funnily enough it found me, I loved it on first inhalation and the fact it was called Love In White seemed like divine intervention. Indeed it almost smelt angelic.
    Years later I still love it, but its like a cold beauty sitting aloof and alone in my room and only to be used when I want to evoke special memories. That doesn’t mean I can’t wear it every day – I could, its fresh (but hard-hitting) sharp, white floral notes are very simple and accessible – but I like to save its austerity and beauty for magical days.
    Could you wear it with a hangover? Most certainly, it would be like taking a long cold drink of iced water…

08th June, 2011

WildThingy's avatar

Cyprus Cyprus

I know the power of prejudice. I tried LIW once. It is easy to bash a thing that has been considered an archetypical failure in Turin/Sachez Guide. Love In White completely lived up to the expectations.

My personal first impression was: O/k, is is not so bad! Maybe it has to develop on skin. The second was: uups!

Dense as marble, and as odorless as that. Maybe I suffered from fatigue. Does it really smell good? I will not come back to it.

edit: Alas, I have to come back to it. I read the advertising. LIW is praised for being used by two "first ladies", the Empire State Building was enlightend all in white to welcome Love In White to the world in 2005. This effort to make it a top notch choice is seconded by a price tag that may seem offending - 140 bucks for a humble amount of 1oz EDP is something. As if that were not enough the ad explains, that Love In White refers to Mr. Creeds love in sailing - white sails, You know. Mr Creed is an autocratic "master perfumer", and so LIW has to be a masterpiece. But - still people have a choice. According to Luca Turin, I really would prefer to keep the dirt after sleeping two weeks in the woods, if the alernative would be a shampoo scented by LIW. And that only for the style of it ...

26th March, 2011 (Last Edited: 12th April, 2011)

PremierT's avatar

Love in White is absolutely lovely. Its soft, floral, and incredibly fresh. It leaves an impression of fresh flowers and uber cold water/air to me... That said, reading the add copy I get nothing that would at all suggest 'Aegean sea' unless we mean an Aegean sea goddess who is resting on a bed of gardenia instead of the sand and has managed to avoid both salt water and breaking a sweat.

I've only gone with thumbs up because, while for its price tag the perfume doesn't do anything that can't be found for much less, it still smells incredibly good and I wouldn't say no if someone offered me a bottle.

30th January, 2011

shoegal68's avatar

Oh, how I love this scent ( must be the magnolia ) if only I could live in a cloud of this everyday. It is elegant and sweet and pretty. I see some of you don't particularily care for it but I just adore this...........to each his own I guess.

19th September, 2010

teardrop's avatar

England England

On my skin this simply smells like crisp, freshly-washed linen hanging out to dry in the breeze on a bright spring day. No more, no less.

13th September, 2010

MatthewPK's avatar

Oh. Now this is lovely. Beautiful. Gorgeous, actually. It "smells" like a wedding to me (more so for the bride than the groom). Others will give you the notes, but it's extremely well-balanced IMHO. If a women were to ask me what perfume to wear on her wedding day, I would tell her that there's no way she could go wrong with this. "Perfect" may not be perfect all of the time, but if there were any exception, this would be it.

24th May, 2010

Turko's avatar

Elegant perfume in a virginal white bottle. Should be on every woman's top list. Arguably the best of Creed's women's line...modern, virile, yet pure. Hardly you would come across someone wearing this as everyday scent but you could very well do that if you can afford the price. This is appropriate in any ocassion. The vanilla marries well with rice husk and magnolia. Bellissimo!

18th May, 2010

DavidBond007's avatar

It's ok but not that great to me, there is a distinct raw sugar type of smell that I cannot explain but that is all I get. It is as if they took sugar and put it in water , I am not impressed.

01st April, 2010

MFJ's avatar

Own this and love this. I think it works perfectly on a guy as it does on a lady. Imagine some orange sprinkled over a lush bouquet of florals, on top of sandalwood. The whole scent is then enveloped by a very briny and metallic accord. Quite wonderful stuff.

07th January, 2010 (Last Edited: 26th July, 2010)

I somewhat agree with Luca Turin’s assessment of Love in White… I’m not sure that his “disastrously vile” label is deserved, but it does smell more “chemical” than any other Creed I’ve tested, and much more chemcal than I expect in a quality fragrance. Of course there are many, many chemical-smelling fragrances out there and some of them I enjoy… but not Love in White… and not Beyond Paradise for Men, for that matter.

04th December, 2009

ElizabethSimmons's avatar

Some may use this for office wear but I think it is best suited for going down the aisle of your wedding. Full of white flowers, and purity doves as the bells ring through the chapel, or you can use it in a night club and get hit on by a dozen drunks.

28th December, 2008

jalexhrovat's avatar

I like this one. I love white flowers because they don't force a really power floral scent. The white flowers in this fragrance creates a creamy and sweet fragrance.
    Unfortunately, for whatever reason this one turns sour with my wife's body chemistry.
    The fragrance by itself or on a card is amazing, so I can recommend it for any self respecting, younger woman who is looking for a great quality fragrance.

15th July, 2008

Midnight_lulu's avatar

I have a fond relationship with "Spring Flower", so, of course, I jumped to purchase (blind!) my own vat of "Love in White" (MYSORE sandalwood--could it truly be?). Unfortunately, I not only had to nurture a rash after testing this doozy, but also had to beg the place I purchased it from to consider refunding me. I understand the concept of this mix, I really do---seabreeze freshened wax-white flowers, pinned to someone like Grace Kelly, as she yacht-trots along the Monoco coastline---unfortunately, this brew morphs into something bizzare and even violent on my skin. It opens in an almost faint-worthy hesperidic burst of citrus oil, that shoots and blinds the eyes, then dries down into a bitter cheese that remindes me of a really tasty brie, enncrusted with sea salt. So far by account, not lovely but perhaps tasty. However, I wouldn't allow myself to be fooled by the picnic lunch opening, "Love in White" then dries-down into a surprisingly chemical petrol/gas station kind of blend; it's oily, dry and kerosene-like and makes me think of celluloid flowers bubbling in a nuclear meltdown. Congrats to all of you who smell loveliness and virginal purity; I actually felt a bit violated after "Love in White" invaded my airspace.

27th June, 2008

Jemimagold's avatar

Love in White is one of my very favorite perfumes – who cares that Luca Turin trashed it in his recent perfume book! He also ridicules Creed's packaging overall which I find rather odd. I think this bottle in particular, with its opaque whiteness, etched feathers and silver bow, is quite stylish.

With Love in White, I initially notice a mélange of orange flowers, almond and musk. After about 20 minutes, notes of sandalwood, vanilla and white flowers begin to appear in a soft well-blended way. The sandalwood and vanilla notes make this into an especially calming and comforting fragrance. In conclusion, Love in White is a soft, elegant fragrance that smells expensive and classy, in an understated way.

30th April, 2008

Agnes's avatar

England England

Like the sweetest breeze, I wore this for my wedding day and it will forever remind me of this. A pretty fragrance which sadly does not last long on me.

13th December, 2007

ubuandibeme's avatar

Crisp clean cotton sheeting sun-dried by a lakeside breeze. Virginal - pure & completely innocent. The white floral's tendency here is clear, bright and delicate. On my own skin it dries a bit soapy, and harsh. Stark. Even so, I cannot say anything bad about this one! Wish I could wear it, I'll just have to enjoy it on some passer-by...

12th October, 2007

zztopp's avatar

Exquisite white flower notes rendered in such a way so as to be light yet substantial, thoroughly modern yet composed with a classic touch.

In Love in White (LIW) the daffodils and magnolia are the clear highlights, are given a gentle sprightly introduction by the use of orange zest in the top notes. A combination of daffodils, magnolia, and rose can potentially lead to suffocation but here this floral heart is joined by a rice husk and orange zest to restrain the floral madness that so plagues fragrances from grandma's days (or even when compared to some of Creed's older fragrances for women).

Love in White is a well-behaved and well-composed bouquet of white floral notes infused with a transparent layer of orange zest which filters out the cloying heady vapors that so many florals emit. The longevity is excellent and the warm vanilla/sandalwood base introduces a hint of creaminess. LIW is an excellent demonstration in exhibiting the inherent rich characteristics of white flowers in the purest yet most restrained manner.

15th July, 2007

wingspan's avatar

I absolutely love this fragrance. I can't get enough of it and will keep my wrist close to my nose all day if I am not careful. Beautiful! The white flowers here are so ravishingly lovely...seems like flowers just a day away from falling petals...heady

01st June, 2007

ldiprenda's avatar

This fragrance smelled nice on my friend, however, I tried it on myself and it smells AWFUL, I can't stand it.

03rd April, 2007

stephanie1980's avatar

It is delicately floral without being cloying and is effervescent and unique. Perfect for a younger woman it's breezy and will get you lots of favourable comments. I don't know about anything relating to the high seas, I think more about a royal garden party! Fairly European feel to it.

27th February, 2007

ComDiva's avatar

Very pretty, which is high praise from a spicy, "floriental" lover. There's something of a vanilla pudding note at the base, which makes this a gourmand-floral to me. And I am also getting a spearmint note on all the Creed multi-florals I've tried.

06th November, 2006

Kotori's avatar

Love in White is a gorgeous scent, and hands-down my favorite of the Creed feminine scents. Unlike some of the older Creeds, such as Jasmal, Fleurs de Bulgarie, and Fleurissimo, it is soft and gentle, and not at all cloying or heady! It is more of a whisper than a fragrance. It envelops like a down comforter. My one complaint about it is that it doesn't last long.

15th October, 2006