Reviews of Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior

Find out more about Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

mushroom8118's avatar

Malaysia Malaysia

It's flowery, classy, lady-like, bit powdery but not to overwhelming like No.5. It is not a recommended scent for young girls. But perfect for seductive woman in the 30s like me. Would definitely repurchase any perfume that my husband love :)

09 May, 2014

scenttastic's avatar

I absolutely love this, and was very dismayed to learn that Dior have changed the formula. Apparently there were people out there who confused the Miss Dior with the Miss Dior Cherie & the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, so to make it easy for the numpties, they changed the name to Miss Dior and now have the parfum and the toilette (or so I was told by the lady at the Christian Dior counter at Myers). Neither of these smell anywhere near as nice as the Miss Dior Cherie did - I really hope that they go back to the original formula, it was just gorgeous.

14 January, 2014

valentina1's avatar

Just bought this today it is so beautiful to wear and I keep smelling my arm as it is very yummy smell...love it..

02 October, 2012

Momtoeve's avatar

Sounds like everyone is reviewing the reformulated 2011/2012 version. The original was so yummy! The caramel and pocorn notes are long gone, and now it smells like any other "girlie" fragrance. Shame on Dior for reformulating such a unique gourmand scent!

16 September, 2012

Cricketkitty's avatar

When I wear this, I don't get the sweet, the carmel corn, fruit, etc. On me this goes straight to the woods, with a little floral mixed in it. Very complex with a distinct top, middle, and base note. Lasts a really long time and is definitely cold weather wear.

02 September, 2012

iris_983's avatar

Serbia Serbia

Miss Dior Cherie is so lovely!
    Fragrance full of life, so joyful and bright, it could be great antidepressant!
    Can't imagine someone wearing MDC and being sad or in a bad mood!
    It's very sweet and creamy, like a candy :)
    I don't actually smell cherries in it, but strawberries.
    My hb (and friends) always says I smell like a drunk when I wear it, but I don't mind. At least I'm a happy "drunk" ;)

19 July, 2012

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

A sweetly plummy transparent floral that wears quite well if 'pleasantly nondescript' is your preferred mode. There is a certain ascerbic brightness to MISS DIOR CHERIE that grates on the nose a little but thankfully it subsides as the scent descends into its fruity-patchouli heart. Fruity florals is a well populated genre. But if there's a contest for fragrances that yell (or giggle rather) "I'm a cute little girl", this would make a strong contender especially with its mouth-wateringly fruity popsicle vibe.

03 April, 2012

Wee Scottish Scent Lover's avatar

Now I have to say first of all that it's the EDT I have, not the EDP. I found the EDP cloying and sickly. I loved this EDT when I bought it, and I'll use what's left of it, but all I get from it now is strawberry jam. I love strawberry jam, but not to wear. I think that from the people who created the stunning J'Adore, this is a real let down. Shame on you, Dior.

25 January, 2012

Darvant's avatar

An extremely sour, botanic and  fruity-floral fragrance. The pungency of some fruits is so realistic that smells like something edible under your nose. The smell is citrusy (mostly orangy) alcoholic, viney, mossy, sophisticated  by flowers and fruity of grapefruit and cranberries. Among the flowers i smell a lot the lily of the valley, iris and gardenia. This combination of floral notes surrounded by citrus is transparent and almost aquatic. Elegant and very feminine because of the combination of projectful aldehydes, the utterly womanly flower of narcissus and patchouli. There is an extremely shadowy, almost dark woodsy atmosphere produced by the powerful chord of oakmoss, labdanum and resinous galbanum. I detect the final touch of vetiver that is not rooty and realistic but watery and aqueous as well as in Encre Noir. This fragrance is a beautiful concoction for dynamic and self confident women all around tue world. Better worn outside in warm  climates.

04 January, 2012

Sandrajj's avatar

I am wearing this today, and still cannot for the life of me LIKE it. It's just toooo fruity! It certainly lasts a very long time, wish I could say the same for some of my favorite fragrances.

01st January, 2012

LadyDragonFire's avatar

Like every other perfume that contains pineapple I really don't care for this one. I can always smell the pineapple note like crazy in every fruity floral that has it, and it's not a scent that I care for on my skin. I was really kind of disappointed with this perfume though. I absolutely love the way Miss Dior Cherie smells in the bottle. The scent is almost divine! It's just really not that great when I wear it!

13 October, 2011

Leilahdancer's avatar

Very "artificial" fruit and flowers. Really smells like sour candy on me. All pineapple and sugar. Thank goodness it faded away in a couple of hours.

This may be great on some, but I really don't even like to eat artificial fruit flavors. Certainly don't want to wear them.

13 September, 2011

kayley123's avatar

The opening is fine, sweet and fruity, but the drydown is too acidic for me...I think my sample may have turned though, so I will update after I try a fresh one, to make sure.

01st September, 2011

willowtreesimplicity's avatar

As I was testing this, there was a sweet yet sour note in the top and middle that I could not put my finger on. I eventually realized that it was a tart strawberry I was smelling almost like a sour strawberry hard candy with sour powdered sugar coating. There was not very much depth or variety during my wearing. The scent overall seemed to fade very quickly on my skin. I actually forgot that I had it one at one point. It smells nice...but not very memorable to me. I agree that this scent would smell just right on a teenager.

16 June, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

I do still like this fragrance, I always have, but there is something about it that isn't urging me to buy it.

Miss Dior Cherie is most definitely fruity and sweet, and certainly aimed at a younger crowd. The scent itself is quite complex and strong. The pineapple and strawberry wine like notes seem to dominate in this fragrance. Surprisingly I consider Miss Dior Cherie as being a boozy type of scent; something that would blend in well at special occasions or bars.

Unfortunately I don't see myself buying this because I have far too many fruity scents, and I'm needing a more sophisticated wintery scent for the colder months.

26 April, 2011

Bonoanimoes's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Miss Dior Chérie

Playful, sweet and fresh.
    Lovely opening notes with Orange Sanguine. This scent is warm and fresh at the same time and most importantly it is NOT clowing.
    The Patchouli, balances the orange and the Neroli in a beautiful harmonic way.
    Public for this one - Young - I would say 20 till 30 years old, Silage is good , projections as well - thumbs up again Dior!

09 February, 2011

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

Dior last decade use one of the most powerful perfume to reinvent, the one who caused great sensation in the 40's(Miss Dior).

Miss Dior must have an heir and give birth to a fragance for this new generation,taking some risks,changing but keeping the essence.

So 58 years later, Miss Dior cherie born and blow away my mind with these irresistible notes.. is like gluttony sin in a fragance bottle. This smell really represents the scent of youth being sweet .. soft.. breezy.. hopeful.. elegant..

And the best of all the power lasting is just precious without overwhelming..

28 January, 2011

pearlfingering's avatar

There is an old movie with Tony Randall and Debbie Reynolds called The Mating Game. In the film, Tony Randall is the most promising "bird dog" at the IRS sent to investigate an ornery family who refuse to deal in cash and only barter. Debbie Reynolds is their wild, cheerful, tomboyish teenage daughter who pistol whips the neighborhood boys and rides her horses hell for leather. Of course, it is love at first sight for Tony Randall, especially when the family gets him drunk on good bourbon and sends in Debbie Reynolds, wearing a charming pink dress that accentuates her tiny waist (she was down to 90 pounds in this movie following her famous divorce from Eddie Fisher) and a French perfume of her mother's called "Orgy" (pronounced hilariously with a hard G.) In my mind, Miss Dior Cherie smells like this. Rambunctious, yet ladylike. Chic and unpretentious. Innocent, yet wise because she was brought up well. Kindhearted and mischievous. Like Tony Randall, you might wonder why you like it so much and suspect you've lost your mind. It's pure Frankenberry at first. But it is a well done fruity chypre. If it helps you any, Christina Applegate and Dolly Parton are fans.

27 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 07 January, 2011)

hanna.sunden's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Hairspray, white florals (jasmine, freesia, lily of the valley?), red berries and citrus on a base of patchouli and popcorn. Hm, I'm thirty and felt like this is something I would've outgrown by the time I was thirteen. But then (shudder) fruity florals was never my thing....

17 December, 2010

shoegal68's avatar

Very sweet and summery scent, altogether yummy and irresistable reminiscent of youth and warm summer days.

24 April, 2010

danielremy's avatar

France France

For those who think that Miss Dior Cherie is just another stupid girly fruity scent, I suggest to compare it with Patou Colony, a beautiful vintage fruity chypre with a pineapple effect, from the 30's... They are nearly the same, with the Dior a little bit more sparkling! I am a vintage fan, but Miss Dior Cherie is good!!!

16 April, 2010

smh78's avatar

This is girly, sugary, and not unpleasant, but nothing I would buy for myself or anyone else. The sugary fruitiness does pull away fairly quickly, leaving a decent patchouli base lingering on its lonesome. But there's the rub; who needs another fruity, sugary, patchouli scent? Nobody. But because it's Dior, it is bought by hordes of young things, or people who want to smell like sugar-coated young things, although for the life of me I can't imagine why. One of the delights of growing older is being able to grow into more interesting perfumes than concoctions such as these. Too expensive to be worth it.

08 April, 2010

holyzoo's avatar

You can throw Miss Dior Cherie into a giant bin of fruity florals that are rampant at all corners of the retail fragrant world. However, I'd say it's a top notch offering. Cherie's longevity is superior. We were pitting it against D&G Anthology La Lune 18, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, Squeeze by Lilly Pulitzer, etc. Coco won for having a more dressed up elegant edge. D&G 18 won for having a more distinct floral top end, although it underperforms in longevity. Squeeze beat Cherie for being the declarative uber fruity parfum. Throw in Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy for a dark fruity sexy parfum, and Ralph Lauren Love which has a moodier sophisticated dark construction, and Cherie just comes up not only redundant, but not voicing anything unique other than it is the same quality as Coco Madem, but perhaps more playful.

If you don't have any of the others, it's a thumbs up in my book.

23 March, 2010

pixelriot's avatar

I treated myself to this sweet perfume for my birthday. Really nice, light, fragrance which has good lasting power and a very feminine smell.
    Quite floral and sugary.

12 March, 2010

Chinoiserie's avatar

This is currently my absolute favorite mainstream fragrance.

I find it to be a beautifully joyful blend of sweet, ripened berries and soft, romantic flowers. I will admit, however, that I have a strong affinity for gourmand fragrances, and Miss Dior Cherie is very dangerously close to being one. There is just enough floral to pull it back from that edible edge, and the experience of that initial burst of summer strawberries drying down to a softer, flowery fruit experience is intoxicating & mood enhancing - not just for me, but for the many strangers that compliment me on it as well.

Is it as adult and sophisticated as other Dior fragrances? Absolutely not, but that was clearly not the goal here. The strong berry notes are carefree summers and warm sunshine, they are memories of a youth spent in your best friend's backyard or the strawberry vines on your grandmothers fence - they are the "Miss" in "Miss Dior Cherie".

I understand how and why it might be too sweet for many, but for me, she is a joy. I welcome her carefree innocence and I do not hold her youth against her even one, tiny bit.

07 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 02 March, 2010)

justaguy's avatar

Yuck. While a good representation of the genre of fruity scents, this just is to much. Too sweet, too rich, too much.

15 September, 2009

Bigsly's avatar

I agree with those who say this is too sweet and comes across as very "cheap." It's also unbalanced, lacks complexity, and is not dynamic. I don't understand how Dior could even consider marketing this. Perhaps it is meant to appeal to teenage girls with rich parents and little taste.

07 September, 2009

vintage*red's avatar

A sticky, sweet affair...In theory, I should like this, but I cannot discern any of the notes because I am overwhelmed by the sugary caramel (?). I cannot understand why perfumers think that the majority of their customers are under 18yrs old and that they want to smell like cheap candy. This Dior creation is not terrible, but it is pedestrian. It is no Diorella. Having said that, I bet it sells even though the idea has been overdone for some time. For me, Lolita Lempicka is the best of this new breed, but I must admit that I am growing tired of her. My first and last bottle will be around for a long time.

06 September, 2009

Asha's avatar

Dior Miss Dior Cherie

Notes: mandarin, strawberry leaf, violet, jasmine, caramel popcorn, wild strawberry sorbet, musk, and patchouli (from NowSmellThis)

I tried to love MDC, I really did. Sometime last year, I tried it from a Sephora sample, and found myself scrubbing within minutes. The indelible memory of that moment was of a sweet and tart berry-flavored hard candy: Jolly Rancher. For anybody who does not know what a Jolly Rancher candy is, let me explain. It is one of the most artificial, sugar sweet, acidic, mouth puckering, tooth decaying candies I have encountered. Needless to say, the first time I tried MDC, I felt more like some artificial flavoring had been sprayed on my arm rather than a designer fragrance.

Fast forward to today--I recently got another sample thinking maybe my tastes had evolved since my first trial. Well, turns out, my tastes DID evolve. Now, instead of Jolly Rancher candy, I smell artificial strawberry gelatin dessert (Jell-O). And, to add to the misery, it is Jell-O sweetened with artificial sweetener (aspartame or saccharine). So, what I experience is the sickly and tacky strawberry flavoring that resembles nothing of a real strawberry, the bitter, medicinal edge of saccharine sweetener, carried in a fluffy cloud of artificial vanilla and sanitized "gourmand" patchouli.

To be fair, MDC smelled really enticing for about 5 minutes while the other chemicals (whatever they are) tempered the strawberry with some plastic floral notes.

10th May, 2009

creamywildthang's avatar

South Africa South Africa

Think strawberries burning in hot caramel sauce. Think doughnuts cooking in sugared boiling water. Think apricot orchard. Think lollipop factory. Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet without a hint of class. Turned my stomach - I hate it. You cannot be taken seriously when wearning this....not even by a teenage boy. I wouldn't touch it even with an 8 metre stick. YUCK!

03 April, 2009