Positive Reviews of Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior

Find out more about Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

mushroom8118's avatar

Malaysia Malaysia

It's flowery, classy, lady-like, bit powdery but not to overwhelming like No.5. It is not a recommended scent for young girls. But perfect for seductive woman in the 30s like me. Would definitely repurchase any perfume that my husband love :)

09 May, 2014

scenttastic's avatar

I absolutely love this, and was very dismayed to learn that Dior have changed the formula. Apparently there were people out there who confused the Miss Dior with the Miss Dior Cherie & the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, so to make it easy for the numpties, they changed the name to Miss Dior and now have the parfum and the toilette (or so I was told by the lady at the Christian Dior counter at Myers). Neither of these smell anywhere near as nice as the Miss Dior Cherie did - I really hope that they go back to the original formula, it was just gorgeous.

14 January, 2014

valentina1's avatar

Just bought this today it is so beautiful to wear and I keep smelling my arm as it is very yummy smell...love it..

02 October, 2012

Momtoeve's avatar

Sounds like everyone is reviewing the reformulated 2011/2012 version. The original was so yummy! The caramel and pocorn notes are long gone, and now it smells like any other "girlie" fragrance. Shame on Dior for reformulating such a unique gourmand scent!

16 September, 2012

Cricketkitty's avatar

When I wear this, I don't get the sweet, the carmel corn, fruit, etc. On me this goes straight to the woods, with a little floral mixed in it. Very complex with a distinct top, middle, and base note. Lasts a really long time and is definitely cold weather wear.

02 September, 2012

iris_983's avatar

Serbia Serbia

Miss Dior Cherie is so lovely!
    Fragrance full of life, so joyful and bright, it could be great antidepressant!
    Can't imagine someone wearing MDC and being sad or in a bad mood!
    It's very sweet and creamy, like a candy :)
    I don't actually smell cherries in it, but strawberries.
    My hb (and friends) always says I smell like a drunk when I wear it, but I don't mind. At least I'm a happy "drunk" ;)

19 July, 2012

Bonoanimoes's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Miss Dior Chérie

Playful, sweet and fresh.
    Lovely opening notes with Orange Sanguine. This scent is warm and fresh at the same time and most importantly it is NOT clowing.
    The Patchouli, balances the orange and the Neroli in a beautiful harmonic way.
    Public for this one - Young - I would say 20 till 30 years old, Silage is good , projections as well - thumbs up again Dior!

09 February, 2011

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

Dior last decade use one of the most powerful perfume to reinvent, the one who caused great sensation in the 40's(Miss Dior).

Miss Dior must have an heir and give birth to a fragance for this new generation,taking some risks,changing but keeping the essence.

So 58 years later, Miss Dior cherie born and blow away my mind with these irresistible notes.. is like gluttony sin in a fragance bottle. This smell really represents the scent of youth being sweet .. soft.. breezy.. hopeful.. elegant..

And the best of all the power lasting is just precious without overwhelming..

28 January, 2011

pearlfingering's avatar

There is an old movie with Tony Randall and Debbie Reynolds called The Mating Game. In the film, Tony Randall is the most promising "bird dog" at the IRS sent to investigate an ornery family who refuse to deal in cash and only barter. Debbie Reynolds is their wild, cheerful, tomboyish teenage daughter who pistol whips the neighborhood boys and rides her horses hell for leather. Of course, it is love at first sight for Tony Randall, especially when the family gets him drunk on good bourbon and sends in Debbie Reynolds, wearing a charming pink dress that accentuates her tiny waist (she was down to 90 pounds in this movie following her famous divorce from Eddie Fisher) and a French perfume of her mother's called "Orgy" (pronounced hilariously with a hard G.) In my mind, Miss Dior Cherie smells like this. Rambunctious, yet ladylike. Chic and unpretentious. Innocent, yet wise because she was brought up well. Kindhearted and mischievous. Like Tony Randall, you might wonder why you like it so much and suspect you've lost your mind. It's pure Frankenberry at first. But it is a well done fruity chypre. If it helps you any, Christina Applegate and Dolly Parton are fans.

27 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 07 January, 2011)

shoegal68's avatar

Very sweet and summery scent, altogether yummy and irresistable reminiscent of youth and warm summer days.

24 April, 2010

danielremy's avatar

France France

For those who think that Miss Dior Cherie is just another stupid girly fruity scent, I suggest to compare it with Patou Colony, a beautiful vintage fruity chypre with a pineapple effect, from the 30's... They are nearly the same, with the Dior a little bit more sparkling! I am a vintage fan, but Miss Dior Cherie is good!!!

16 April, 2010

holyzoo's avatar

You can throw Miss Dior Cherie into a giant bin of fruity florals that are rampant at all corners of the retail fragrant world. However, I'd say it's a top notch offering. Cherie's longevity is superior. We were pitting it against D&G Anthology La Lune 18, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, Squeeze by Lilly Pulitzer, etc. Coco won for having a more dressed up elegant edge. D&G 18 won for having a more distinct floral top end, although it underperforms in longevity. Squeeze beat Cherie for being the declarative uber fruity parfum. Throw in Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy for a dark fruity sexy parfum, and Ralph Lauren Love which has a moodier sophisticated dark construction, and Cherie just comes up not only redundant, but not voicing anything unique other than it is the same quality as Coco Madem, but perhaps more playful.

If you don't have any of the others, it's a thumbs up in my book.

23 March, 2010

pixelriot's avatar

I treated myself to this sweet perfume for my birthday. Really nice, light, fragrance which has good lasting power and a very feminine smell.
    Quite floral and sugary.

12 March, 2010

Chinoiserie's avatar

This is currently my absolute favorite mainstream fragrance.

I find it to be a beautifully joyful blend of sweet, ripened berries and soft, romantic flowers. I will admit, however, that I have a strong affinity for gourmand fragrances, and Miss Dior Cherie is very dangerously close to being one. There is just enough floral to pull it back from that edible edge, and the experience of that initial burst of summer strawberries drying down to a softer, flowery fruit experience is intoxicating & mood enhancing - not just for me, but for the many strangers that compliment me on it as well.

Is it as adult and sophisticated as other Dior fragrances? Absolutely not, but that was clearly not the goal here. The strong berry notes are carefree summers and warm sunshine, they are memories of a youth spent in your best friend's backyard or the strawberry vines on your grandmothers fence - they are the "Miss" in "Miss Dior Cherie".

I understand how and why it might be too sweet for many, but for me, she is a joy. I welcome her carefree innocence and I do not hold her youth against her even one, tiny bit.

07 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 02 March, 2010)

alotofscents's avatar

I am 50 and I haven't bought it because of my age ( don't feel 50), and the perfume blogs I belong to mostly hates it. Tough! I think I am going to buy it anyway!
    The first thing that strikes me about Miss Dior Cherie is it's WARMTH, it feels so much like a comfy blanket when you are cold and sad. I love the fact you can pick out the strawberry, and the caramel, and then the tempering and the raw sexiness of the patchouli. It's like this sugar and musk perfume that I own. It is unadulterated and unadulterated sexy! Something about sweet and animal drives men wild...and me. -Take note of the men who have bought this. This perfume makes me feel like a sex kitten. It turns people on...what could be wrong with that?

09 March, 2009

xXjEnNyXx's avatar

I do not like overly sweet scents. This is a very sweet fragrance but it is not too sweet, it is a wearable sweet to me. When I first started using MDC, I wasn't sure if it worked for me. This fragrance grew on me! I love mixing MDC with other fragrances in my collection. This is a sexy scent great for a night out. I love wearing it.

06 February, 2009

*sam**'s avatar

Hungary Hungary

Miss Dior Cherie is my signiture scent. When I wear it, I feel like a "petite parisienne". Elegant yet playful, innocent yet sexy. I think it is modern romantisicm. Like a little black dress with powder rose accessories, and a sexy high heel black suede boot.
    On me it develops into a powdery, a bit creamy not too sweet fragrance. Just a little note: I wear edp. (Edt is fresher, with more citrusy head notes, good for summer).

07 January, 2009

Noelle-a-Belle's avatar

At 26 I think I'm probably already out of the target age group for this perfume. That said, for me this was a horrendous, headache inducing blend of fake strawberry, burnt sugar, and something resembling patchulli. If you want to know how this smells......take a whiff of your strawberry chapstick and imagine that.....only sweeter.

07 December, 2008

sugarplum123's avatar

I tried this fragrance a year ago. I got a small bottle of it as part of a Dior fragrance gift set. Miss Dior Cherie was the one that I liked the most. It has a sweet scent which isn't too sweet but it smells girly and youthful. I couldn't stop smelling it. I haven't managed to get myself a proper bottle of it (yet) but I always take in the smell from the used up bottle.

This is by far my favourite fragrance. I have yet to find a fragrance that I like more than this one. I can't wait to go out and purchase a full size bottle of it.

16 October, 2008

Celia.D's avatar

This is a lovely very wearable fragrance. Yes it is sweet but not in that awful cloying vanillary way that so many modern fragrances are. The dry down produces the gentle sweetness of strawberries tempered by a lovely subtle patchouli. IMHO this is a very classy scent.

04 September, 2008

zoetje's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Classic, soft and girly and also modern. Not too sweet. Its a wonderfull smell.

09 July, 2008

dreams&drafts's avatar

You know that taste when you stick that piece of candy that’s been rolling around in your handbag for months and you realize too late that it’s been moping up spilt perfume all the while? This is it. I don’t care how popular gourmand fragrances are, there’s no excuse to combine a caramel sundae with indolic jasmine perfume. This doesn’t even smell like caramel made from butter and sugar, it’s the bottled stuff with hydrogenated oils and high glucose syrup. I don’t know why that should further bother me when it’s obvious Miss Dior Cherie and I aren’t going anywhere together anyway, but it does. This is the least appealing combination of notes I can imagine – there is some fruit in there as well - and as to why it usurped the Miss Dior name when Miss Dior, a leather chypre with a slender figure, wouldn’t be caught dead scarfing down fake food, I have no idea. This could have been called Junk Food Addict, perhaps. The packaging is pretty enough to trick you into believing there’s something good inside.

22 May, 2008

crittergirl's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

This is a staple of mine. It's for everyone young and old. A real pick me up, a happy fragrance. Love the musky fruity drydown. This is a classic.

13 December, 2007

constantinab's avatar

Greece Greece

its a wonderfull smell!!! Since i am so greedy with smells i gave away my perfume that was only half finished! I really regret it.

17 October, 2007

cher_cher's avatar

I really like this scent, though not for me. It is ultra-feminine and I can't imagine any woman or girl in the world who would turn it away. I certainly would love to receive Cherie if it came to me as a gift, though I doubt I'd wear it very often. Possibly because it's too safe. Methinks this is a scent for the good girls ;)

16 October, 2007

pookerella's avatar

What a lovely fragrance! (SJP should have endorsed this fragrance!). It is an absolute joy to wear. Very girly. Fresh, sweet, and fruity, all without going overboard on any of them. Just a delight. It's a very happy fragrance, and will lift your spirits for sure. Reminds me of Jovan's Eau Fresh, but nicer: much higher quality and more substantial. I love Taolady's description....it is very classy ... Christian Dior has done it again. I think this one will become a classic.

02 June, 2007

TaoLady's avatar

So haute!! So couture!! Chirrupy and young and fresh and ..."green tangerine, violette, & pink jasmine mingle with soft patchouli, musk, & delectably sweet strawberry leaves & caramelized popcorn for a delicious scent that's truly irresistible." Got a sample from a generous BNer and had to rush right out and get my very own.

31st May, 2007

BlackAmberMoon's avatar

Cherie reminds me of a drier, crisper Hanae Mori Butterfly. It's not a sexy scent, just very fresh and effervescent. Sweet, yes, but not too much. I really like it, and the men seem to LOVE it. Sometimes I think, at 40, that this is too youthful for me to wear, but I will anyway! ;-)

06 May, 2007

_Megunia_'s avatar

Poland Poland

It's my fouvrite fragrance :) I love it!

11th February, 2007

CEH's avatar

This one is not that sweet, just slightly. The guys seem to like on me. I think it blends well with my chemistry. I first tried it with a sample and then was given a small bottle. The fruit scents are not overwhelming like some other "younger" scents.

25 January, 2007