Neutral Reviews of Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

Find out more about Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

conkhi's avatar

nice spicy fall scent

very light and very average. While not groundbreaking it is a solid player that is easy on the nose and while not unique it is a safe smell to wear and is ok...not great..not terrible..just ok.

25 July, 2013

Darvant's avatar

Euphoria men is a mediocre after shower with its generic sparkling approach made of citrus, synthetic airy floral notes, sweet spices, fruits and ginger. It's energizing, clean and masculine with the following woodsy patchouli and some green note. It's rather balanced but a bit too unispired and faint. The juice is rather common in its smell and, as well as other underlined, stands in a range crowded by better appointed fragrances. Not a disaster anyway.

23 October, 2012

nefastvs's avatar

Interesting spicy fragrance. I bought this a few years ago when I was just looking to own a fragrance for going out to bars and had no interest in fragrance nuances. It's great for younger girls who are still in their yummy phase, but it lacks longevity. Not bad, but for it's purpose in my wardrobe (something for temperatures around 60-70­­­°F (15-20°C), I prefer AOS Sandalwood and for colder temps, I prefer Old Spice or Intense Euphoria. I'm not much into going to clubs anymore, so it's lost it's purpose for me.

24 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 April, 2012)

Olive94's avatar

It is a very average scent. The smell for the first 2 hours is a typical male scent - suede/woods/aquatic spice. After 2 hours it fades into nothing unless you press your nose and take an unhealthily deep inhale from the point of where you sprayed it. It's a nice scent but it seems a little pointless.

04 February, 2012

djvix805's avatar

Mexico Mexico

I am not too much of a fan on this one. It has a unique smell but longetivity and projection are really bad.

15 January, 2012

PCC1960's avatar

My wife bought me this. It has a nice fresh scent, but does not project and does not last.

06 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 25 September, 2012)

Syaf's avatar

i was cheated by the short good smell from the start. It doesn't last at all..
    it doesnt projects...its a self loving perfume...I dont like a fragrance that doenst flow out to tell people...

it doesnt kill people..as a matter of fact..its so subtle and inoffensive kinda fragrance..they should make the opening smell more strong,projects two meters and last till tomorrow then ill buy this again..

08 April, 2011

DutchSchwag's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Calvin Klein knows how to package a fragrance, and Euphoria is the epitome of their mastery of the minimalist 1930's German Bauhaus movement in a metal and glass box. Genius in its simplicity, smart in its classy modern yet retro appearance, the only thing ultimately lacking is the longevity and projection in the actual juice inside this one.
    Euphoria is a beautiful scent as far as fruity, sandalwood and spice go, to the point that I find it one of their best in years. Classy in its freshness and coolness, Euphoria is subtle enough to suit the work-place perfectly and seductive enough to hold its own on an intimate night out, but make sure you bring more ammunition, as this one tends to dry-down very quickly and ultimately wears very close to the skin with minuscule projection.
    Some have mentioned a synthetic core, but on my skin this doesn't really show itself, all i get is a very faint but persistent apple, berries and sandalwood vibe that tends to last around 5-6 hours but without any real personality beyond a few inches from the skin.
    I love the scent, I think it's one of the few out there that combines fruit in a subtle but still creative way, but its lack of muscle certainly detracts from too loud of praise and even though Mr. Klein strikes again with genius packaging, ultimately the product itself doesn't offer enough of a new thing to justify this being essential in any way. There are far too many more interesting things out there, but, this certainly holds its own as a nice, complimentary, inoffensive everyday cologne for work and play. Above average, nothing more.

15 March, 2011

Worth1969's avatar

This is the epitome of a modern, inoffensive scent - perfect for someone who just wants to smell fresh and nothing more. For those of us that appreciate a rich and distinctive fragrance (Tom ford Tuscan Leather),
    Euphoria will be a huge disappointment. I personally find this boring and unoriginal. Intense Euphoria, however, has a nice flavorful opening and a decent drydown. It's hard for me to take Calvin Klein seriously these days, just mainstream pedestrian scents that are too afraid to make a statement. Ho Hum.
    Very close to giving this a thumbs down because it's just so bland.

22 December, 2010

Birgh's avatar

Norway Norway

Tja is a word right between "yes" and "no" in my mother tongue. And "tja" is what every one of the persons that have smelled a sample of Euphoria Men on my wrist have said. And the reviews here, 26 - 22 - 23 (at the moment), certainly points to a ... definite ... "tja".

I don't even bother to count how many times I have smelled openings resembling this one. The notes? To me Euphoria Men has three stages; citrus - floral - gone. It's not a bad or cloying smell, but I would rather wear Acqua Di Gio and take the risk of smelling like 50 other people at the shopping mall.

Calvin Klein, give us exitement next time! ..... Was that a "tja" ?

04 November, 2010

Shifty Bat's avatar

Very fresh and enjoyable but a bit too limited. I honestly enjoy this one, but not as much as when I first purchased it. It would have fared better with a tad less pepper and better projection. I am very glad they made an Intense.
    This is a fine hot weather fragrance when one wants to smell good but not worry about others' noses, as it stays pretty close.

24 March, 2010

chamelion's avatar

it's okay nice n fresh actually more of a citrus blast with a cool feel to it but nothing special

definately a more office wear type of scent

24 March, 2010

Farix's avatar

First blast is overwhelmingly fine, the smell and flavor are almost top notch....

No lasting power, although it has some staying scent, theres no reason to believe that the scent has a long lasting effect.

12 November, 2009

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

With an exciting burst of energy, EUPHORIA comes off the starting blocks, only to fall behind the Usain Bolts and show itself for what it is: an also-ran. But is it really? Or was that the right race to be in at all? I'd consider olfactory fatigue if I start to think a fragrance is lacking in longevity for I can assure you, others especially women can detect a scent long after you think it's gone. But in this case, sillage is definitely suspect.

Euphoria needs no apologies for being what it is - a member of the generic, fresh scent brigade. It smells good enough to wear but let's face it - competition will be stiff; it is unlikely to win against the better constructed Acqua di Gio and Cool Water. So I can understand why some Basenoters would give this a thumbs down.

18 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 19 October, 2009)

NDSinBKK's avatar

I find myself wondering what kind of person experiences "euphoria" when wearing this cologne.

If I were to assign it the name of a feeling based on its aroma, I'd be more inclined to opt for something like....oh...."Euthanasia", or "Catatonia", or "WTF!"....

I guess by now you've figured out that this one did not make much of an impression either way on me. My reasoning is that there's no point in spending money on something that leaves you wondering what exactly it is that you gained from the expenditure.

Innocuous and unobjectionable...if that's enough to put you into a state of euphoria, take the leap...

02 June, 2009

Dr. Smellgood's avatar

To be honest I liked the sample alot better than the fragrance itself. I received the fragrance as a gift from my girlfriend. It's a good fragrance but I think the Euphoria Intense is ten times better. I've received a couple of compliments from the scent. The longevity is ok and the sillage is decent. Not the best scent but noth the worst either. Hence the neutral rating!!

11th May, 2009

tradesman's avatar

China China

There are some of us basenoters who believe a new-kid-on-the-block like Calvin Klein will never be accepted into the by-invitation only club of great perfumiers. A bit like Californian wine was shunned all those years ago; the Americans shrugged their shoulders and said 'Ignore us at your own will.' I believe we all know now who is producing the most oustanding wine in the world.
    Whilst these 2 industries bear little comparison, the attitudes towards them remain the same. I don't believe Euphoria is a classic and it lacks strength yet sooner or later CK will produce a true gem as he has nearly done in the past.The question will be whether we will have the cojones to vote it a thumbs up based on its fragrance, or whether we give it a thumbs down because it is made by CK.

24 March, 2009

Rumblefish's avatar

Phenomenally average, staggeringly mediocre, and shockingly blasé. A grand adventure in the doldrums of contemporary popular fragrance. A true, bonafide Danielle Steele novella in the library of scent.

09 February, 2009 (Last Edited: 02 February, 2011)

tvlampboy's avatar

Absurd terms such as "raindrop accord" aside, this is a synthetic mess which really wants to work -- yet fails. I like the fresh ginger opening, but the pallid melon notes and "blah" sandalwood dry-down really lack the oomph I look for in a frag. Also, sillage and longevity here leave a great deal to be desired.

Euphoria Intense is the far better fragrance, even in spite of its opening "melon blast." Do yourself a favor and pass over Euphoria. While not terrible, it's certainly not great, either. Get the Euphoria Intense -- it's by far the superior juice.

20th December, 2008

Kabamaru ninja's avatar

Greece Greece

Its a smooth soft and gentle to my nose scent that will not offend anyone,
    it's not very long lasting but it's acceptable.I think its a good smelling scent
    and the intense version is much different not so gentle and"apathetic"
    I like intense more but this is a nice scent too.

29 September, 2008

MFJ's avatar

I guess CK has been doing this for some time now in recent years - concocting very safe scents. Euphoria is yet another testament of that. A little bit of citrus, light florals, some woods - we have heard it all before! OK, so there is a little bit of suede towards the end, but it isn't the saving grace, sadly.

09 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 13 November, 2009)

surreality's avatar

Euphoria Men opens with a citrusy note which quickly moves into an herbaceous and slightly floral heart. This drys down to a woody basenotes with a hint of suede. This lasts maybe 5-6 hrs and has a decent sillage. This is a pleasant, unobtrusive fragrance that seems to wear better in cooler weather.

07 July, 2008

afraafra's avatar

Iran Iran

The intense version has a much better drydown..

05 July, 2008

Louslice's avatar

There is a burst of bright florals at the start, then it settles into a fresh, vaguely herbal stage. It is pleasant enough, but not particularly interesting. It isn't a deep scent, so I would say it is geared towards younger men. Teenagers could wear it - would be a great prom fragrance.

If you want something pleasant, modern, and clean smelling, this is a good scent. If you are looking for depth or personality, keep looking.

27 November, 2007

DJOlde's avatar

This is a middle of the road fragrance. It’s not bad, but there are so many fragrances out there that are better than CK E. The moment I put it on, I could smell food cooking. What kind of food? Something strangely familiar….BarBQ, maybe? It stays close to the skin and dries down quickly, then, after a few hours, it’s gone. In any case, this is not a bad frag, but, if someone were to give me a bottle, I would happily re-gift it.

25 October, 2007

ubuandibeme's avatar

There is one single note within this scent that I really like... suede. Yep, that smooth suede is the redemer for me! Softens and blurs some of the potentially sharper notes. Other than that, I'm with ZZTOPP's opinion completely. My overall impression of Euphoria is "Eh, no big deal." The only reason for my neutral rating is that yummy suede.

01st August, 2007

ifconfig's avatar

This is an inoffensive fragrance, a bit on the tepid side. It is also fleeting in longevity.

05 November, 2006

iMaverick's avatar

This is what happens when you are pressed to produce a scent just for the sake of producing a scent. It doesn't have a remarkable uniqueness to it, basically I smell a hybrid of Guess Man, Sean Jean, and their own Escape for Men. I expected a more deeper scent, but all I get is a citrus with a fizziness. Drumming my fingers on the table for a CK winner.

13 October, 2006

perfectscent's avatar

Austria Austria

Euphoria for me is nothing to write home about. Synthetic freshness in the opening followed by synthetic sugary middle and a synthetic sandalwood drydown and I almost forgot the 'rain drop' fits somehwere in this mess of a fragrance.

25 August, 2006