Positive Reviews of Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

Find out more about Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

kingderella's avatar

Euphoria Men is very sweet, but still masculine. The fragrance may not be particularly deep or complex - I don't get the sense that it interacts with my skin much - but it's very pleasant. I got compliments several times while wearing this. I usually wear it on days when it's neither particularly hot or cold, or for evenings out.

30th July, 2014

9D4's avatar

So, I'm a novice at this whole deal.
    I'm a 19 year old EMT, wanted something I could throw on during work. For obvious reasons, it can't be super strong or cloying in the slightest. Technically, I can get written up for even wearing too strong of a deodorant, so this is pretty good.
    I don't know if I'm just lucky, but this has some staying power for me. I bought it today and wore it for the first time, it's now about 4 hours later and I still get a whiff every once in a while. Several people commented throughout the night.
    I would say the projection is eh. Normally I wear really strong colognes, that you can catch from a few feet off (think Polo original). This is not like that (then again, that's what I wanted). Everyone that smelt it was very close, mostly girls that were close to me.
    I'm not adept enough to pick out individual tones, yet. I do smell the pepper that people have commented of, a little ginger at the beginning. I think it's a good scent, not my favorite, but I got a nice sized bottle for $35 (Christmas sale, although that's the typical price on Amazon, but I didn't want to blind buy), so I'm not complaining.

24 December, 2013

treynolds57's avatar

I've not got a trained nose, but know what I like when I smell it. My tastes have matured over the years, I'm 56: What smelled good in the past I generally don't like today. For example, my wife of 30 years (RIP...) wore Shalimar when we first met. I loved it, then she stopped wearing it and several years later I sampled it and found it to be too overwhelmingly floral. The same "love it young, hate it later" could be said of English Leather, Polo, Grey Flannel, etc., the list goes on...

I got into soap making 20 years ago, which got me into essential oils and eventually, trying to blend my own cologne... Less than satifactory results with my own led me to try bay rum and then Old Spice, which I've used for the last couple years BUT, have found it to have a cloying, lingering scent: what I smell in my coat closet I don't like.

Fast forward to this last weekend on a drive in the country with my girlfriend. I mentioned that I liked the perfume she was wearing and what was it? She said, "Euphoria by Calvin Klein". She's an operating room nurse and seldom wears any scent at all (by prohibition). To me it was very sophisticated and subtle.

I found there was a matching scent for men, but didn't want to order without smelling and went to my local Macy's to check it out. I liked it and bought a gift set to try. The regular Euphoria, not the Intense, though I DO like the Intense and the two are VERY similar. Two hours later and I still like it. Compared to Obsession (which I've worn in the past), it's not nearly as spicy and as has been noted by others, has perhaps the best suede/leather afternote I've ever come across.

I'm not sure what the beef is about "staying power". My needs are simple: I a) want to smell good and b) don't want to knock people over when walking into a room and c) am somewhat scent-shy. As long as my lady can smell it a few hours after application, I'm fine. I don't mind reapplying in the evening.

Try it: you'll like it...

EDIT: 2 Dec 2013 - My girlfriend loves this on me. I've grown to like it as well, very much. It doesn't knock anyone down upon entering a room, yet I can still smell it at the end of the day, though faintly. Yes, I must admit, as do others, that I wish it was tiny bit more robust, but this is a keeper...

14 November, 2013 (Last Edited: 02 December, 2013)

OCNBreeze7's avatar

Calvin Klein has created a first class fragrance - I wish it lasted longer...

I am a huge fan of Calvin Klein fragrances - I have several of them in my collection and will add more... I was tremendously excited to try Euphoria - even while there are many nay-sayers out there criticizing the longevity. My assessment of Euphoria is that it is a great scent and the nay-sayers are correct - the longevity is weak to poor.

Out of the bottle, Euphoria is a successful blend of ginger pepper and suede notes that is a great scent. Soon after the initial application, the fragrance settles close to the skin. The projection, sillage, and longevity are weak with the longevity at 3 hours at best. While no compliments have been received to date - the fragrance is quite pleasant and I am certain that with time and continued wear - they will come.

The bottle and packaging are traditional Calvin Klein - first class. This is another bottle that I am very fond - you folks know the drill - I prefer the clear bottles that show the clarity of the fragrance. Euphoria is a scent that offers great flexibility in that can be worn during any season and for any event. Lastly, the price/value is good - the going rate is less than $30 for the smaller bottle. Not too shabby...

My final tally for Calvin Klein's Euphoria is 4.0 stars out of 5 stars. I really like the scent, but due to weak longevity, I can not evaluate higher or strongly endorse. If you are a fan of CK's fragrance - add it to your collection. Play like a champion every play and every game - it may make a difference...

13 May, 2013

Manteuse's avatar

Perhaps of no consequence to the seasoned fumehound. But Euphoria's strengths are it's versatility and longevity. It wears in much the same way Issey Miyake's blockbuster Pour Homme does. A mass market cologne with a surprising amount of notes that starts out bright, settles down quick, but lingers for a long while. However it does not project as much as the aforementioned competitor. It is very approachable and lasts longer on the skin than many other comparable colognes. You could anytime or as a back up.

29 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 04 December, 2012)

noirdrakkar's avatar

Very good, considering how bad some of the other Calvin Klein scents.

It is spicy and aquatic/fresh at the same time.

04 February, 2012

periquito89's avatar

Brazil Brazil

First I liked it, then I disliked it. But by returning to it from time to time I now know that the first impression remained stick. It is bland, short lived and looks like a diluated scent, peppery just to give a mild sensation that has some pepper. I don't know how to explain but allthough many say this scent has a sexy aura, what I figure out is something instrospective but elegant, discrete but suggestive, all in a formal place with good clothes. I know, that's another very subjective review. Thumbs up also considering that subjective thing.

29 November, 2011

terry81's avatar

Singapore Singapore

I tried both Eternity Aqua and Euphoria on my hands during lunch and went back to office to work. After 2 hrs, i decided Euphoria is the one to buy!

It has this sweet slightly powdery musky smell to it and it doesnt choke you like powder in your face. The dry down is wonderful, a hint of sweetness.

I read that ppl feedback about its longetivity and strength. This frag certainly do not smell strong for others to notice but you can smell it emitting from your body though. its a nice frag to wear everyday.

Somehow, its smells like Silver Shadow Altitude except that it has a light sweet spicy drydown.

22 November, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

I absolutely love this scent on a man. It's really sexy yet mild, (it's not one of those colognes that a man will feel shy wearing).

Euphoria is soapy, clean and fresh with that little something to drive the women crazy. It's crispness is exactly how a man should smell just when he steps out of the shower.

The pepper, ginger and suede notes make such a sexy and unique fragrance, something that would only smell sexy on a man. I just love snuggling up to a man wearing Euphoria, it's just so comforting and cozy.

I love this scent so much that I buy this for every boy I know.

26 April, 2011

kpointer101's avatar

I love this one. I prefer this to the Creeds that I own. This is my favorite fragrance that I own at this time. Completely inoffensive, and the only reason this would get negative reviews is because it is by Calvin Klien. I've noticed that the more expensive a frag is on BN, the better reviews it gets.

03 May, 2010

matt1219's avatar

First time I opened up the Euphoria bottle, I fell in love. Shopping through the Macy's selection, with the woman at the counter bringing me different scents, I kept coming back to this one. To me it's sweet but not too sweet, spicy but doesn't smell like a spice rack, and although its somewhat floral still manages to be very manly. I completely recommend this one for a night out or for a date night. Only down side is that it lasts about 4-5 hours for me, so reapplication is necessary. But the wonderful smell is worth it.

30th March, 2010

betterthanrandom's avatar

I don't know why everyone doesn't like this fragrance.. I mean sure.. it's generic.. but unless you're around professional noses all day I'm not sure it matters how generic it smells.. Personally, I love how balanced it is between sweetness and manlieness.. because i hate scents that are too in-your-face masculine and I also dislike ones that are too feminine. I

04 January, 2010

Jackisblack's avatar

It's really not that bad. Good clean citrusy dry down. One of the better CK's

30th September, 2009

dz23151's avatar

in the beggining it is a fresh kind of fruity but not too fruity fragrance and then it dries down to a faded version of the beggining it is not a purchase you would regret. if you smell it too close it is strong but if you just wear it its fine.

so its a good fragrance and you should at least look into trying it

04 May, 2009

de maria's avatar

Spain Spain

this fragrance just move your feelings up and down it's recommended but of course if you want the best it will be drakkar by guy laroche....

25 March, 2009

SmellyNinja's avatar

Decent casual oriental scent. It's not ground-breaking, but it's nice. Fresh and tropical, it's at home in warm climates. Something to wear while sitting on a patio drinking cocktails on hot summer day. Starts off a little citrusy, then the ginger and vanilla/suede mellow everything out and make it a nice alternative to all the lemon and orange 'fresh' summer frags out there.

I've had a love-hate relationship with this one. I loved it the first time I tried it, but the honeymoon ended quickly. Now I'm starting to think maybe we can be 'just friends' that hang out once in a while. Interesting to note that though I seldom wear it, it never fails to get compliments from the ladies, so there's something to be said for that I guess. I'm also pleasantly surprised by it's longevity; after a morning application I can still catch fleeting wisps of it well into the evening.

14 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 27 March, 2010)

jarroditshallbe's avatar

The shower turns off and outs steps a guy in his later 20's. He lightly dries off with his towel, and goes and sits down on his couch. He turns on the tv and very relaxed. He is still moist from the shower and the skin soft on him, his muscles calm and he falls asleep in just his towel.

28 January, 2009

charger's avatar

I can really smell the pepper and a little leather, but also leaves a clean freshly scrubbed scent too. Got compliments on this one too, everyone can't quite place what the scents are but said it smelled great.

16 December, 2008

L'Aventurier's avatar

- This review is currently under revision -

07 December, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th July, 2010)

acc's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Generic and cheap smell, became a hit the very first day it was available at the stores but i wouldn't have made a blind purchase if it did not read CK on it.
    Not innovative and pleasent like some other CK's. I regret buying it!

15 July, 2008

bbBD's avatar

I was prepared not to like this as I'm not a fan of other CK offerings (nothing against CK, I'm just not a fan of what's out there) and I don't like ginger notes. Bvlgari Blv makes me gag. Anyway, my lady loves Euphoria and made the subtle hint of buying the large gift set (100ml Edt, 100ml after shave, body wash + deodorant). You see where this is going.

I've been very surprised. The ginger really adds a sharpness that is well balanced by the suede and vanilla. Sweet, but not too sweet. Leathery, but not too leathery. I guess the balance in really the attraction with Euphoria. The longevity and sillage are far beyond what I'd expect.

Although at the time of writing it's not in the BN directory, I also tried the Euphoria Intense. I wish my girl had waited because it's fantastic. A bit sweeter, the vanilla is more prominent, as is the suede, while the ginger drops out after the topnotes. Again, the balance is very good. The sillage is much better as I can smell it on my wrist as I type this.

05 July, 2008

camerondoe's avatar

Nice smell! It a nice relaxing and calm smell, but don't get me wrong though, its still strong enough for someone a few feet away from you or someone walking past you at the mall or office to smell it.

Its a great choice!

15 June, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

Calvin Klein has always fascinated me. The clothing, perfumes... it appeals to me. Some of the perfumes absolutely are atrocious (ck Be, ck IN2U) but Euphoria is a nice one! Surprisingly good in fact. Maybe a little pedestrian for the niche houses but good for those that want to be unique just enough to stand out but not call too much attention to your self. Non-descript but pleasant.

05 June, 2008

jenson's avatar

India India

fruity light opening with one of the best suede notes ever. a lovely scent and a definite must have in anyones collection. reviews below bladt this one for lasting, which imho is not so true..its no obsession, but thts wht, its not, its Euphoria...spritz away on this one and u wud not regret. love it for the Suede and its lingers forever.

03 June, 2008 (Last Edited: 16 June, 2008)

AlexanderRex's avatar

My nose is not yet trained, but I love Euphoria. The top notes are sharp (fresh floral scents), and the base notes mellow and cozy (suede accented by vanilla). I find it to be an autumn fragrance, or (here in Canada), cool summer evenings. Like every other CK scent I've ever tried, this lasts for hours (probably why I'm such a huge fan of CK's stuff). I've had girls compliment me on Euphoria (and every other CK scent) 6 to 8 hours after I've applied it.

Bamacharm asked for other scents with Suede as a base note. I can think of two immediately whose base notes are similar to Euphoria. Obsession Night For Men, which is Suede and Vanilla (it honestly smells almost identical to Euphoria once it has dried down), or Guess Suede which is almost completely suede. These are two other beautiful scents.

Thumbs up for CK Euphoria.

21st April, 2008

bamacharm's avatar

I'm not in the same league with you guys when it comes to evaluating fragrances. I have read hundreds and hundreds of your reviews, really appreciate them, and have purchased a lot of those fragrances that you favor. This is one where I went against the flow. I'm no expert, so I'll go with the reactions I get from the opposite sex.

I'm a 53 year-old Department Director who has a decent sized secretarial pool. Those ladies notice what I wear and feel comfortable enough with me to comment on it.

They like the Bulgari Pour Homme, the Chanel Platinum Egoiste, the Burberry Touch, the D&G, Boucheron Homme, Issey Miyake, Hanae Mori, etc. However, everyone of them swoons when I wear Euphoria. They love it and even request that I wear it again after I've gone a few days wearing other fragrances. I love the fragrance too. I think it's the suede that I and they like. Out of all the many colognes I have, this is my favorite and gets the best reaction - from Southern girls anyway. I don't know. Maybe we aren't as sophisticated and don't know any better.

You guys are the experts but there is one thing this rank amateur would like to take issue with you on. I've read so many of your comments that this cologne or that isn't strong enough or doesn't stay with you long. I think it depends on what you're definition of "staying" is. There are a lot of people out there who get physically ill at the smell of fragrances. Plus, many, many women have told me that they don't want to be blown over with a fragrance. It should be a subtle, suggestive hint. Otherwise, your fragrance no matter what it is can be a turn off. This past weekend, I purchased D&G Light Blue Pour Homme and applied 2 squirts before attending church. I was convinced an hour later that there was no trace of it remaining. Seven hours later, I was hugged by a lady and, to my surprise, she commented that my cologne was fantastic. Eight hours after applying Euphoria (just 2 squirts), I've had ladies ask me what that wonderful fragrance is. I couldn't smell it but they still could.

I guess my point is that perhaps many of these fragrances have a lot more staying power than that for which they are credited. I admit, my experiences have been the "up close and personal" variety. The question is do you want your fragrance to "reach out and touch" EVERYONE or primarily those who get close to you? I prefer the latter. My rule of thumb is if I can still smell myself after a few hours, the cologne is too strong and/or I applied too much.

Can any of you suggest other fragrances with creamy suede as a basenote?

08 April, 2008

jdnba's avatar

very nice, addictive frag. I get velvety woods and musk out of this...its a compliment getter too.

27 December, 2007

cformosa4's avatar

i love this cologne. This is very much a winter scent, as it maintains a warmness to it. Absolutely sexy, and affectionate. I like to wear this one on cold days, or after a nice snow. It just seems to fit the mood of a cold day to keep your senses warm.

15 December, 2007

CaptainOatwright's avatar

Nice for everyday / work wear, not really an evening scent- remains noticable but not overpowering, relatively generic. Long lasting warmth (lasts most of the day for me).

13 October, 2007

fusion's avatar

This is a love or hate fragrance no in between I like it I've smelled and bought worse but I enjoy wearing it the ladies always compliment it and that's not a bad thing

16 June, 2007