Reviews of Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

Euphoria Men opens with a citrusy note which quickly moves into an herbaceous and slightly floral heart. This drys down to a woody basenotes with a hint of suede. This lasts maybe 5-6 hrs and has a decent sillage. This is a pleasant, unobtrusive fragrance that seems to wear better in cooler weather.
07th July, 2008
bbBD Show all reviews
I was prepared not to like this as I'm not a fan of other CK offerings (nothing against CK, I'm just not a fan of what's out there) and I don't like ginger notes. Bvlgari Blv makes me gag. Anyway, my lady loves Euphoria and made the subtle hint of buying the large gift set (100ml Edt, 100ml after shave, body wash + deodorant). You see where this is going.

I've been very surprised. The ginger really adds a sharpness that is well balanced by the suede and vanilla. Sweet, but not too sweet. Leathery, but not too leathery. I guess the balance in really the attraction with Euphoria. The longevity and sillage are far beyond what I'd expect.

Although at the time of writing it's not in the BN directory, I also tried the Euphoria Intense. I wish my girl had waited because it's fantastic. A bit sweeter, the vanilla is more prominent, as is the suede, while the ginger drops out after the topnotes. Again, the balance is very good. The sillage is much better as I can smell it on my wrist as I type this.
05th July, 2008
The intense version has a much better drydown..
05th July, 2008

Nice smell! It a nice relaxing and calm smell, but don't get me wrong though, its still strong enough for someone a few feet away from you or someone walking past you at the mall or office to smell it.

Its a great choice!
15th June, 2008
Sorry, but considering the great expectations I had before trying it, this fragrance sucks!! I compare it to those cheap mass-market avon fragrances... Put a boat of ginger and some uninspired woods and you got Euphoria...
Well, I loved the feminine version and bought a bottle to my wife, so i expected something nice, remarking in their men's lauching... It was a complete let down!
It's far from something original and the longevity isn't that great. It's also pretty expensive...
13th June, 2008
Calvin Klein has always fascinated me. The clothing, perfumes... it appeals to me. Some of the perfumes absolutely are atrocious (ck Be, ck IN2U) but Euphoria is a nice one! Surprisingly good in fact. Maybe a little pedestrian for the niche houses but good for those that want to be unique just enough to stand out but not call too much attention to your self. Non-descript but pleasant.
05th June, 2008
fruity light opening with one of the best suede notes ever. a lovely scent and a definite must have in anyones collection. reviews below bladt this one for lasting, which imho is not so true..its no obsession, but thts wht, its not, its Euphoria...spritz away on this one and u wud not regret. love it for the Suede and its lingers forever.
03rd June, 2008 (last edited: 16th June, 2008)
My nose is not yet trained, but I love Euphoria. The top notes are sharp (fresh floral scents), and the base notes mellow and cozy (suede accented by vanilla). I find it to be an autumn fragrance, or (here in Canada), cool summer evenings. Like every other CK scent I've ever tried, this lasts for hours (probably why I'm such a huge fan of CK's stuff). I've had girls compliment me on Euphoria (and every other CK scent) 6 to 8 hours after I've applied it.

Bamacharm asked for other scents with Suede as a base note. I can think of two immediately whose base notes are similar to Euphoria. Obsession Night For Men, which is Suede and Vanilla (it honestly smells almost identical to Euphoria once it has dried down), or Guess Suede which is almost completely suede. These are two other beautiful scents.

Thumbs up for CK Euphoria.
21st April, 2008
I'm not in the same league with you guys when it comes to evaluating fragrances. I have read hundreds and hundreds of your reviews, really appreciate them, and have purchased a lot of those fragrances that you favor. This is one where I went against the flow. I'm no expert, so I'll go with the reactions I get from the opposite sex.

I'm a 53 year-old Department Director who has a decent sized secretarial pool. Those ladies notice what I wear and feel comfortable enough with me to comment on it.

They like the Bulgari Pour Homme, the Chanel Platinum Egoiste, the Burberry Touch, the D&G, Boucheron Homme, Issey Miyake, Hanae Mori, etc. However, everyone of them swoons when I wear Euphoria. They love it and even request that I wear it again after I've gone a few days wearing other fragrances. I love the fragrance too. I think it's the suede that I and they like. Out of all the many colognes I have, this is my favorite and gets the best reaction - from Southern girls anyway. I don't know. Maybe we aren't as sophisticated and don't know any better.

You guys are the experts but there is one thing this rank amateur would like to take issue with you on. I've read so many of your comments that this cologne or that isn't strong enough or doesn't stay with you long. I think it depends on what you're definition of "staying" is. There are a lot of people out there who get physically ill at the smell of fragrances. Plus, many, many women have told me that they don't want to be blown over with a fragrance. It should be a subtle, suggestive hint. Otherwise, your fragrance no matter what it is can be a turn off. This past weekend, I purchased D&G Light Blue Pour Homme and applied 2 squirts before attending church. I was convinced an hour later that there was no trace of it remaining. Seven hours later, I was hugged by a lady and, to my surprise, she commented that my cologne was fantastic. Eight hours after applying Euphoria (just 2 squirts), I've had ladies ask me what that wonderful fragrance is. I couldn't smell it but they still could.

I guess my point is that perhaps many of these fragrances have a lot more staying power than that for which they are credited. I admit, my experiences have been the "up close and personal" variety. The question is do you want your fragrance to "reach out and touch" EVERYONE or primarily those who get close to you? I prefer the latter. My rule of thumb is if I can still smell myself after a few hours, the cologne is too strong and/or I applied too much.

Can any of you suggest other fragrances with creamy suede as a basenote?

08th April, 2008
Smell nice enough, i like it but it last 30 minutes, and it is ALL gone. I guess why CK euphoria Intense is out, to phase out Euphoria. Honestly speaking, not worth the money, unless you want to use the whole bottle for 1 outing, re-applying every 30 minutes through out the day.
Scent wise, nice, longevity wise, worth 2 cents...so sorry i have to have a thumbs down for this.
05th April, 2008
jdnba Show all reviews
very nice, addictive frag. I get velvety woods and musk out of this...its a compliment getter too.
27th December, 2007
i love this cologne. This is very much a winter scent, as it maintains a warmness to it. Absolutely sexy, and affectionate. I like to wear this one on cold days, or after a nice snow. It just seems to fit the mood of a cold day to keep your senses warm.
15th December, 2007
There is a burst of bright florals at the start, then it settles into a fresh, vaguely herbal stage. It is pleasant enough, but not particularly interesting. It isn't a deep scent, so I would say it is geared towards younger men. Teenagers could wear it - would be a great prom fragrance.

If you want something pleasant, modern, and clean smelling, this is a good scent. If you are looking for depth or personality, keep looking.
27th November, 2007

DJOlde Show all reviews
This is a middle of the road fragrance. It’s not bad, but there are so many fragrances out there that are better than CK E. The moment I put it on, I could smell food cooking. What kind of food? Something strangely familiar….BarBQ, maybe? It stays close to the skin and dries down quickly, then, after a few hours, it’s gone. In any case, this is not a bad frag, but, if someone were to give me a bottle, I would happily re-gift it.
25th October, 2007
Nice for everyday / work wear, not really an evening scent- remains noticable but not overpowering, relatively generic. Long lasting warmth (lasts most of the day for me).
13th October, 2007
There is one single note within this scent that I really like... suede. Yep, that smooth suede is the redemer for me! Softens and blurs some of the potentially sharper notes. Other than that, I'm with ZZTOPP's opinion completely. My overall impression of Euphoria is "Eh, no big deal." The only reason for my neutral rating is that yummy suede.
01st August, 2007
fusion Show all reviews
This is a love or hate fragrance no in between I like it I've smelled and bought worse but I enjoy wearing it the ladies always compliment it and that's not a bad thing
16th June, 2007
I love this fragrance! Its amazing smelling... very fresh! Its quite distinctive.. BUT..the fact that it lasts a WHOLE 30 minutes on my skin... deserves thumbs way down!!! Knock-offs last longer than this...
28th May, 2007
OKAY...this IS good, all the bad reviews are impatient "want it right now" noses. The scent starts out soft, then it disappears, then WHAM! it hits you. Very nice, I love it its great for winter when all is cold, it imparts a nice warmth that stays with you without hurting your nose. Excellent sillage and longevity as well.

Sample it and let it be for more than 2hrs and you will love it!
04th May, 2007
How disappointing this was. It seems to me that the Calvin Klein fragrance department has run out of ideas, not that it ever seemed to be going in a great direction anyway. Euphoria starts out very nice and almost seems to promise a great lasting product. In my experience however there was no such thing it faded into a very subtle "typical mens woody scent"

The only euphoric thing about Euphoria was the bottle.
28th March, 2007
After reading all these reviews I couldn't believe that a fragrance could really be THAT bland. Well, it is. One of the things that makes a fragrance great (or at least good) is its ability to make you think. When I finally had the chance to put this on, I put everything I'd heard about it out of my head and prepared to appreciate it for what it is. And I thought nothing. There it was...a fragrance. On your wrist. A benign smell. Not really citrus, not woody, not ambery, not barbershop. Impossible to hate, impossible to love. And saddest of all, I think that was CK's goal.
14th March, 2007
well, i think that is a great fragance... with many new releases lat 2 years i think this is not bad at all,

"euphoria" share nice fruity/ spicy notes that make it very comfortable to wear,.
i really like this fragance.. test it, sure u could like euphoria. =)

07th March, 2007
Booooooooooring! I bought this because i needed something for an interview. God knows why I chose this, it's just so dull and unoriginal. The ladies Euphoria is a dark, sexy and musky fragrance, but the mens is just a boring, citrus mess. Nothing Euphoric about this one.
11th February, 2007
i adore this fragrance while seemingly everyone hates it. it's young and sexy and easy on the nose, unlike some heavier men's scents.
24th January, 2007
i prefer the womens version with a tad bit more of masculine tones...
not as smooth...too dense and dark
23rd December, 2006
To me, its has some marginal reminiscences of Polo Black mixed with tons of Crave.. First impressions smelled like woody. Once dried down it´s becomes Crave citric typical notes. So this is an improved Crave edition to be true. Calvin Klein has no actual inspirational direction in its fragrances but tons of advertising do the rest.. There´s the same direction of opinion in some circles, Eternity here.. Euphoria there.. and it´s seems like if Calvin Klein would be the best parfum maker..
19th December, 2006
This is an inoffensive fragrance, a bit on the tepid side. It is also fleeting in longevity.
05th November, 2006
zztopp Show all reviews

Notes: Chilled Sudachi, Ginger Pepper Cocktail, Raindrop Accord, Cedar Leaves, Black Basil, Sage, Brazilian Redwood, Patchouli, Suede Note, Amber.

With Euphoria Men, Calvin Klein continues its slide deeper into the trenches of fragrance house has-beens. While not a "bad" fragrance, its nothing special and smells like a thousand other generic fragrances out there.

The opening is citrusy and fresh - the Chilled Sudachi, despite having a fancy unheard of name, is a citrus fruit common in Japan. Its the raindrop accord which piqued my interest - apparently it creates a slight watery smell. Eitherways, the fancy use of sudachi and the rain drop accord dont differentiate the all too typical fresh opening from the other generic citrus scents out there one bit. Basil and sage afford a herbal accord to the fragrance, while the all-too-typical basenotes of patchoulli and amber complete the "been there done that experience".

So there you have it. Another unoriginal CK fragrance. It could easily have been a special edition of Truth or the horrid Crave. Its not bad, but theres not an iota of uniqueness in its composition. Its just a safe, generic, casual offering. And in todays hypercompetitive fragrance industry, that not good enough.
25th October, 2006
It's smell means that Calvin Klein was rushed to produce ANYTHING! If I was blind, and were told this cologne was a dollar, I'd buy it...no wonder it's pennies on EBAY. If you haven't smelled this, don't bother. It won't instill any positive emotion in your head...
20th October, 2006
Like many others -this fragrance smells rushed and thrown together. Not a bad scent, but it never really develops into anything interesting. Quite a shame really. CK has released some great fragrances in my opinion. Sadly, Euphoria isn's one of them.
17th October, 2006