Positive Reviews of Fantasy by Britney Spears

Find out more about Fantasy by Britney Spears in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

ynde's avatar

This is so girly, but I love it! I first got this about 5 years ago as a teenager, when I wanted to start buying my own perfumes and feeling more grown up. This was one of my first purchases and I adored it, but eventually forgot about it and the bottle disappeared.

A few months ago, an exchange student came to live with us from Mexico, and she always smelled delightful. I asked her what she was wearing, because it was so familiar, and it was Fantasy. Smelling it now reminds me of her and of when I was still at school, and it's a great fun perfume that I wear whenever I'm feeling lazy or girly or in the mood for something really sweet, mostly when I'm just sitting around at home.

On my skin, I don't really get any particular notes. I just get a creamy, slightly fruity but warm gourmand scent that's quite sweet, probably due to the white chocolate. The more I wear it, the more I can begin to make out hints of lychee or kiwi, but nothing distinctive. One of my aunts loves this too as her 'lazy day' perfume, and she's 35, so I don't really think this scent has an age. Instead, I think it's more about how you feel on the inside and what you want this perfume to make you feel.

07 November, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

This fragrance was my first introduction to gourmand scents. When I first smelt this, it was love at first sniff. It was unique, girly, deliciously sweet and intoxicatingly good.

When you first spray Fantasy you are met with a slightly sour burst of tropical kiwi fruit. This however, does not last long and eventually the fragrance warms into a soft vanilla cupcake served fresh from the oven.

My boyfriend quite often calls me 'cupcake' when I'm wearing Fantasy and although I wouldn't describe this fragrance as being sexy or seductive, it can be very inviting and playful. The bottle is also very cute and feminine, and looks absolutely fantastic on my dresser.

If there were ever a scent-olympics, Fantasy would win the lasting-strength marathon. I spray this on at 8 in the morning and I can still smell it later that night.

I have been known to wear this scent during the day and also out at night. I have even worn Fantasy on a few casual dates because it has the ability to create a somewhat romantic mood.

This is once again another exceptional fragrance from Miss Britney Spears.

26 April, 2011

adele h's avatar

Waited years to actually try Brit's perfumes and now I'm ashamed by how likeable they are! Secret guilty pleasure indeed! Fantasy is a dark molten berry cotton candy confection- very sweet, surprisingly not too sweet for me- and I don't care for Pink Sugar or Flowerbomb. Fantasy has no pretentions of being greater than it is, it's frivolous in an honest way! The drydown is a very clean musk/vanilla, completely inoffensive. Fantasy has some childhood nostalgia and happiness in it...

26 January, 2011

bamboowu's avatar

This is my favorite of the Britney fragrance that I have had a chance to test. I adore Believe but I LOVE Fantasy.

It is an exotic tropical dessert to me. It whisks me away to an exotic romantic island getaway in my mind. The sweetness of the gourmand notes combined with the florals, in this fragrance I find almost intoxicating. Fantasy is VERY sensual and so sexy in my opinion. Perfect for a romantic date or even just when you are relaxing and want a comforting fragrance to envelop you like a soft cashmere blanket. It is a wonderful gourmand.

I can most detect the white chocolate, cupcake, kiwi, jasmine and orchid, musk and woods. There seems to be a rich vanilla flavour to it as well. Most certainly a wonderful creation in my opinion. I think it is suitable for any age group as well.

The bottle is very cute yet classy and somewhat exotic looking to me. It appears much better looking in person than what you see on the screen. If you haven't yet tried this one, you really should.

Well done Britney! I just LOVE it

17 April, 2010

CUPBOARDIE's avatar

A guilty pleasure! I know I am a good 10 years over the target market but I just adore the yummy smell of Fantasy.

13 March, 2010

perfumista's avatar

I have to chuckle, I really liked this. I found it to be a very peppery sweet and fun fragrance.
    I would recommend a very light hand when applying, but overall it brought a smile to my face.

05 March, 2010

truelateral's avatar

Hilariously trashy candy confection, to me it smells exactly like fairy floss. The bottle is nasty and cheap and very very pink. I do wear this sometimes, in summer when I'm feeling amused by life. Nobody has attempted to lick me yet, but here's hoping.

05 January, 2010

Tony T's avatar

very sweet and gourmand yummy and creamy. vanilla and sugar mixed with creamy musks that lasts all day. for the under 30 crowd fo sho.

03 February, 2009

kaydeechio's avatar

Very sweet! Definitely smells like a cupcake. My husband smelled this in the store and begged me to get it for myself. I liked how it smelled out of the bottle and even more on my skin. It lasted about 7 hours on my wrist before it faded away.

16 January, 2009

rubyred's avatar

I smelt this on a girl in the bank and asked her what her perfume was. Being a bit hesitant about the name I tried it 3 or 4 times before I bought it. Surprisingly it has become one of my favourite day scents - asweet, crisp fruity floral with a definite fresh pick me up which lasts on me 4-5 hours. No change in the dry-down, just fades away. Sweet, fun, easy and uncomplicated. This perfume has garnered me the most compliments from friends, clients and strangers.

02 August, 2008 (Last Edited: 17 November, 2012)

lion_dancer's avatar

I am not usually into smelling good enough to eat. But this one, I love! I think one of my guy friends said it best while standing between me and his then Girlfriend, while hugging me he said to his girlfriend "why can't you smell as good as her?"...

Starts off sweet and innocent with an lingering undertone of promised trouble.

03 November, 2007

maltatude's avatar

TOTALLY DELICIOUS - i will never wear it thought... every 14 year old girl has it.

I wish it had been put under a different name :-(

24 October, 2007

pookerella's avatar

Nice bottle, sweet but not cloying unless you dislike sugar. The root and wood notes cut the sweetness and leave a creamy soft luxurious fragrance behind. It's a good gourmand fragrance and like Cat states, the drydown rocks. Best suited for the under 30 set, but I can see wearing it in the summer or a hot year round climate, especially if you are young-at-heart and feel spirited on that particular day.

19 October, 2007

ChantalOnWings's avatar

I first smelled this in my psychology class when some girl on the other side of the room was spritzing herself (with wild abandon) with this scent and the whole class could smell it. It smelled really nice, so we asked her what it was and she replied that it was Britney Spears' Fantasy. I thought this was strange because when I'd first heard of Britney Spears' perfume line, I figured it would probably smell like crap. But I loved it when I tried it on myself and just had to get it.

It smells a edibly-scrumptious, a little bit fruity, and a whole heap of sugar. I kind of imagine this as the perfume equivalent to Coldstone's Cake Batter Ice Cream. I guess it's the "cupcake" note. It's a youthful, playful, casual scent, probably good for people preteen through about later 20s in my opinion, though my mom (who is in her 50s) loves this scent too.

On me it lasts about 2-6 hours I'd say, and has a strong sillage (my sister always says I'm "wafting" the scent everywhere but that it's not a bad thing).

15 October, 2007

MissBoucheron's avatar

I don't usually like sweet candy-type perfumes but this one is very nice. My daughter loves it as well. More for the younger set. The bottle is cool as hell. Reminds me of an Elle Woods paperweight.

26 May, 2007

TaoLady's avatar

Bought this in solid edp - forget why, it is not what I would normally try. I mean - Britney SPEARS??? But it's really yummy. The immediate note is the lychee - brisk and pungent with the jasmine hovering close by. The chocolate is light and inviting and the the musk/orris gives it a solid under-thrum. I really really like it! And snaps for the packaging!!

04 May, 2007

IceDragoness's avatar

My roommate wears this everyday and it's soo sweet but for some reason I still like it a lot

23 February, 2007

suki's avatar

Ecuador Ecuador

absolutely delicious!
    i'm really into sweet foody smells, but this one goes far beyond that.
    U just can't stop sniffing your wrist again and again. it has some fruity notes that make it so lively, then the heart is sweet and flirty, the bottom extremely sensual softly wooded but still sweet and charming.it is so not like the first one curious wich i enjoy too, but this one is definitely better.
    u can wear at day(less spraying) or evening.
    it is a boy's magnet as well.
    at work a male co-worker always say:"Oh that fragance of yours is most of the time the reason why i wake up and come here".
    girls keep asking what am i wearing but it is a secret.
    who would believe Britney as the developer of this exceptional concoction huh!

17 February, 2007

Cat Whitehouse's avatar

I do like sweet scents, as long as they are not sickly sweet, and I don't personally think Fantasy is. It starts off sweet and fruity, but it's the drydown that I'm really diggin' - weird, but I pick up on something that reminds me of D&G pour homme, which I go nuts over. I think I will be purchasing...

24 December, 2006

pandabear25's avatar

I bought a decant of this because I found the notes interesting and ones that I enjoy in other perfumes, so I thought I'd give this one a try. Lychee, Quince, Kiwi, Cupcake Accord, Jasmine, White Chocolate, Orchid, Musk, Orris Root, Wood. I was actually curious about the cupcake accord because I've never seen it in another fragrance before. I put this on today after my shower and came downstairs to check my email and mess around on my computer and I was leaning my head on my hand and got a whiff of it and I kept thinking, "wow, that smells really good!" Then I keep telling myself that this is Fantasy from Britney Spears and then I keep getting a waft of it as I sit here...I'm very impressed, but I like very sweet candy-like scents. My all time fav is Lolita Lempicka if that tells you anything.

25 October, 2006

Bett1e's avatar

I DESPISE Britney Spears and refused to try any of her fragrances because of my hate for her commercialization. THEN, after trying 100s of high end fragrances and not finding ONE that would stay on me for longer than 3 hours, I turned to FANTASY. This perfume smells so sexy, but it is strong. Because it is so strong, I choose two points and put it on there. Right now, it is summer and I am using behind the knees and the inner elbows. I think in the winter I will choose under the arm pit area and the ankles.

In any case, I think FANTASY is too strong to ever place on the neck area. As for the perfume itself, starts off as a sexy sweet perfume, mid day it is just sweet, in the evening it becomes a woodsy musk. This is the first perfume that actually EVOLVED on me based upon the notes listed. I purchased a vile off ebay and I am undecided about a big bottle, but when I don't wear it--I miss the smell all day.

07 October, 2006

encarnacion2's avatar

Venezuela Venezuela

very good fragrance in very beutiful bottled fruity-floral (more fruity than floral IMO) the best choice for teenegers o women until 28 + o -, smell like Euphoria of Calvin Klein (maybe for the orchids in the Middle and Musk in the base reminds me sweet mangoes) but more cheaper.

06 October, 2006

starskyee's avatar

Okay, so I am NOT a fan of Britney Spears, and not a teenager. So it almost pains me to admit, that I really like this fragrance, and bought it! You have to have an appreciation for sweet fragrances to enjoy this. If you like the sweet body sprays sold in Victoria's Secret, you might like Fantasy. I like it on warm summer days, it wakes me up and makes me feel cheery and ready for fun. It is a yummy scent, and while probably better for younger females, I happen to really enjoy it. If you are looking for a sweet fragrance with a more "mature" scent, other favorites of mine are the Hanae Mori Butterfly perfume and the Lolita Lempika. There is no comparision of the 3, but those are the other sweet perfumes in my collection that I also enjoy on those warm summer days.

12 September, 2006

jessicahope's avatar

I was hesitant to thry this at first because it was by britney spears but I have to say it smells ver sweet and sexy. Lovin it.

07 September, 2006

divinity's avatar

I understand why there are so many negative posts on the fragrance but I have to give it a good rating. I have received compliments on this fragrance every time I've worn it. But i never put it on my wrist or neck. Only in between my cleavage right after I get out the shower. It smells wonderfully sweet. but definitely follwo the less is more rule.

17 May, 2006

takemyhusbandplz's avatar

When first sampling Fantasy EDP, I could instantly smell yellow cake with thick sweet white icing- yummy! After you wear Fantasy for awhile the sweet yellow cake smell subsides and it smells a bit like lightly scented talcum powder (orris roots), with a touch of white chocolate. Surprisingly, my husband commented that I smelled very nice when wearing Fantasy. Note, that this was after wearing Fantasy for 2 hours, so this has good lasting power and sillage. Fantasy reminds me a little of Avon's Extraordinary and they share many of the same notes, tho Fantasy has that orchid note that gives it a good edge in my book. Plus the lasting power of the EDP is good, about 5-6 hours. The bottle design of Fantasy isn't any worse than many I've saw lately. Not great, but not bad!
    Upon further testing of Fantasy, I've gotten many compliments on how wonderful I smell. I'm still undecided as to purchasing a full size bottle.

22 March, 2006

CASunshine's avatar

Simply delicious fragrance with a soft sensuality. I got very little of the fruity notes and went directly to the cupcake note. Vanilla-y woods scent lingered nicely. Very pretty!

Fragrance notes from website:
    Top Notes - Red Lychee, Golden Quince, Exotic Kiwi
    Middle Notes - Cupcakes, White Chocolate Orchid, Jasmine Petals
    Basenotes - Creamy Musk, Orris Root, Sensual Woods

20th January, 2006

ash85d's avatar

Fantasy is equally amazing as Curious. Wasn't quite as impressed at first, but it got me quite a lot of compliments. Since I only have a sample bottle, I'll definitely invest in a big bottle!

05 November, 2005