Neutral Reviews of Burberry London by Burberry

Find out more about Burberry London by Burberry in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

Very sweet and overpowering fragrance, this should only be applied in moderation.

For me this is not a floral scent, because it's to sweet like a candy.

Anyways is very longlasting.

26 January, 2011

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

To me Prada smells just like the "fake jasmine" common in Sweden, where it's mostly too cold to grow true jasmine. A soft and pleasant white floral, somehow warm and cuddly like florals seldom are. Like the rest of the Burberry line, it has a "generic perfumey" feel, but perhaps a little less so because it's so true to an existing flower. I would wear it if it was this or nothing.

17 June, 2007

melancholic-botanist's avatar

Poland Poland

Smells like the fabric softener "Lenor", it's OK, somewhat boring, too "polite".

13 May, 2007

Coconut's avatar

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Burberry London is prettiness in a bottle.

Burberry London is a composition of Tiare Flower, Clementine, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Peony, Musks, Indian Sandalwood and Patchouli. It opens up like a bouquet of well orchestrated white florals. It seems like a loud recipe but it was very pleasing to the nose once the alcohol from the beginning wears off. I could picture the scenery of Tahiti when I apply this. The scent of jasmine is intense but I must say that the rest of the flowers are weaved tightly and I could not make a distinction of them. It stays well on my skin for only 3 hours.

I must comment on the design of the bottle. It is very nice and thoughtful. A typical Burberry inspired tartan fabric wrapped around the bottle is a very unique creation.

The advertising and the branding is good about this scent but I am not sure if I would go for a full bottle of this as it is not all that intriguing and lacks a soul.

26 February, 2007

AlthaeaSoaps's avatar

top notes: rose, clementine and honeysuckle.

Rose? Honeysuckle? I didn't sense them anywhere. However the clementine note was beautiful, although by the time the alcohol had dried it was virtually gone.

heart notes: tiare flower, jasmine and peony.

To me, this is what dominates the fragrance. And of this part, the Jasmine is the most dominant of the dominant. Reminds me very much of the teased-up, breathy florals of the 80's...all three flowers so equally overwhelming that it's hard to separate them from the general, muddied fog of "FLOWERS RIGHT HERE!". It is right on the verge of being headache-inducing for me, and I kept catching whiffs of this aspect that reminded me strongly of the floral heart of the famous yellow Giorgio signature perfume.

dry down notes: sandalwood, veil of musk and patchouli.

Again, never found them. The floral heart comes on within minutes and stays for many, many hours - at the end of the day it was still quite strong, but I never got a hint of any sort of wood, musk or earthiness from patchouli. All day long, impressions of Giorgio played hide-and-seek with moments of Estee Lauder's original Beautiful, back and forth. Overblended, overwhelming flower overload, for me.

28 April, 2006