Negative Reviews of Hamptons by Bond No. 9

Genre: Aquatic

Hamptons doesn’t smell as if much thought went in to it. The vinegary top note smells like a miscalculation, but doesn’t last too long. Once it clears what remains is a very simple citrus and musk composition with a harsh chemical edge that only accentuates the tendency of such accords to smell like shampoo. The musk and the chemical note persist much longer on the skin than any trace of citrus, so the drydown isn’t very interesting or pleasant. This kind of idea is carried off with much more success (and at about half the price,) in Maître Parfumeur et Gantier’s Fraîcheur Muskissime.
15th June, 2014
Soft and floral top notes. A very ozone- like citrus note. Mostly soft white flowers. I am not digging this so much. I get a bit of rose, very light, air freshener like. Now read the notes, and I do get the ice tea note. I don't want to smell like ice tea, or at least not this ice tea. Pass.
22nd December, 2013
I do get some of Silver Mountain Water here, but the tea notes are way overpronounced. With the citrus, it truly smells like like 1/2 SMW, 1/2 Iced Tea.

These are not the smooth tea notes that you will find in fragrances like Gucci Pour Homme II, Bulgari Black, Midnight in Paris, and Silver Mountain Water, but rather the kind that is likenable to a bottle of Snapple.

This a good fragrance, but for the same exact price, just get yourself a bottle of Silver Mountain Water, rather than this cheap knockoff (whether the similarities were intentional or unintentional).

This is one of the many Bonds that are way overpriced, compared to the quality that you get. This could easily compete with a lot of $50 fragrances out there, but not in the $200+ price range that it is selling for.
07th September, 2012 (last edited: 06th November, 2012)

This one opens up with a light citric bergamot aroma combined with a delicate combo of floral notes dominated by lime blossom, which trough time develops into a jasmine dominant fragrance and so, it stays like that for the rest of the fragrance. Not bad at all, but nothing outstanding as well, in my opinion. Thumbs down just because it is not worth the price tag.
13th November, 2011
I honestly would have enjoyed this if it were a pure clone of SMW. However, it's a poor clone that seems to last longer.

I honestly thought this smelled like bug spray -- call me a tyro -- that's how it came across.
07th July, 2011
Another Bond No. 9 rip-off of Creed: Hamptons has been sanitized and made woodier and less sweet, but it is pretty much a blatant copy of Silver Mountain Water. I can understand why some might like this better than SMW—it is cleaner, more technologically precise, and it forms a more predictable pattern in its development than does Silver Mountain Water; I don’t know for certain but I would guess that Hamptons would be less variable on different skin types, too. My main problem with Hamptons is that it just doesn’t smell as good SMW—it is not as strong (not that SMW is strong) and it doesn’t seem to project the higher vibrational notes that I find so attractive in SMW. Also, it is probably just my subconscious, but I think Hamptons is lacking in the creative character that is so prevalent in Creeds (and other maker’s fragrances that Bond copies), and that seems to me to be so missing in the Bonds. But then, as in all preferences in the fragrance universe, it all comes down to skin, nose, personal preferences, and personal prejudices. Hamptons is a very good fragrance, of course, it’s copied from one of the best, and Bond uses excellent ingredients and quality production. But I’ll continue to buy SMW.
05th December, 2010
While Silver Mountain Water smells decent, but doesn't last,
This smells like bung, yet lasts into the next day.
That's all I've got.
21st March, 2010
Kaern Show all reviews
This makes the new Brooklyn fragrance from Bond seem positively brimming with invention and style. Boring and graceless.
30th March, 2009 (last edited: 03rd June, 2009)
This is awful. I completely agree that this smells like something straight out of the Creed stable (and SMW in particular). I don't have much time for many Creed scents. I certainly don't have much time for SMW. I gave this a lot of opportunities to do something for me. I tried it over and over again, followed its "development" (in this case, more of a disappearance after 20 minutes). I then tried it again a couple of days later with the same results. It smells clean and fresh but there is a dischord about the whole apparatus.
17th March, 2009
This is a less musky and refined version of Creed's Silver Mountain Water (SMW). The oddity, however, is that in addition to smelling a bit like SMW, Hamptons has undercurrents (pun intended) of tire/rubber and hairspray. Unlike the bottle design, this is not a star, but then again, none of the Bond fragrances are. Still, they're all interesting to smell even if many of them seem to mimic Creed frags.
08th February, 2009 (last edited: 08th March, 2009)
Unfortunately after sampling this for part of a day I'm going to have to agree with Merbert. There is something very "dirty comb" about this. Like bad hair gel mixed with scalp and dead hair and plastic. Just not good at all.
02nd September, 2008
Strikes me as an inferior imitation of Creed’s Silver Mountain Water (which I enjoy). I notice a glue-like note in the opening. Bond no. 9 has better offerings than this.
20th July, 2008
I think Hamptons should be renamed "Eau de Dirty Comb". This vile juice is a dead ringer for a dirty comb or a dandruff-ridden scalp coated with cheap shampoo residue. It is completely dissimilar to Creed Silver Mountain Water save for the rapidity of its fade.

Fortunately this vile concoction washes off easily.
10th July, 2008

This doesn't smell like Silver Mountain Water to me at all. More like a mix of Erolfa and Zeste Mandarine Pampelmousse. Unfortunately, it ends just like ZMP; within an hour... poof gone.
03rd July, 2008
I was very disappointed with the Hamptons. I was hoping for an elegant riff on salt air, sea water, beaches, trees and maybe even a produce stand or two. Instead, it smells like a cheap knock-off of Creed's Silver Mountain Water that retails for $19.99 at your local drugstore. Simply put, Hamptons does not have the elegance or lovely drydown that SMW has and I really cannot wait to wash this off my wrist!
08th April, 2008
Not to add another negative review, but this one really is nothing special. If it cost $40, then it wouldn't be too bothersome, since it smells fairly pleasant but comes and goes without making an impression. The fact that it costs $180, though, makes it inexcusable. It is light and fresh, yes, but it does nothing more than any of the five dozen other fresh, light spring scents on the market that cost 1/4 as much. There are several Bonds that I like very much, but this certainly isn't one of them.
23rd December, 2006
one of the worst fragrance in the market.my wife hates it.
16th October, 2006
zztopp Show all reviews

Notes pyramid:

Top Notes: Silver Mountain Water (SMW)
Middle Notes: Erolfa
Base Notes: { standard fare }

I disagree...Hamptons isnt a copy of Silver Mountain Water....rather, its a copy of Silver Mountain Water AND Erolfa. Hamptons starts off with top notes of citrus and blackcurrant, very reminiscent of SMW...the official basenotes is misleading in that it doesnt mention the blackcurrant note. The middle notes introduce a salty marine note quite similar to that of Erolfas'...jasmine, magnolia? What is the official pyramid on about ?? Infact, it even shares some similarities with another Bond no.9, Wall Street. Hamptons is the jack of all but the king of none..it tries to emulate both Erolfa and SMW, but doesnt quite get the job done. If you want a citrus/marine fragrance, try the classic Millesime Imperiale.

Hamptons = Very disappointing.
01st September, 2006
I can not add more to the similarity between this and SMW. SMW seems to have more tea at the initial application and seems to be a more pungent scent. In other words, the notes are deeper on SMW, so it depends on where you want to go. Longevity, sillage, go with SMW. A lighter touch, closer to the skin, go with Hamptons.
11th August, 2006