Reviews

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Basil / Foglie di Basilico by Acqua di Parma

Davem81 Show all reviews
Strong basil, some liquorice and a hint of mintiness. Simple yet rewarding. Very glad I managed to track this long-discontinued gem down!
09th April, 2015
Fresh basil taken straight from the garden. That's all this is. The supporting notes are simply here to enhance the garden freshness of the basil. The whole experience is one of an old school tonic.
24th March, 2012

Another Blu Mediterraneo… this time basil is the honored note. When I first saw this, I thought that it might be a bit redundant because I find Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso quite herbal / green. Well, this one glorifies the basil. It is basil, basil, and basil but it is quite an interesting presentation of basil. This basil is smooth rather than sharp probably because it is a very true basil, as odysseusm says; it is softened – just softened – by other herbs / spice …sage and clove. Besides the basil, the bergamot is the other major player in the fragrance. The bergamot is citrus and calming within the otherwise lively accords. The whole feeling of Blu Mediterraneo Basil is one of freshness and cleanliness … and it does that very well. As with several of the other Blu Mediterraneos, it could use better longevity.

10th October, 2008
Notes: bergamot, basil, sage, clove.
Blu Mediterraneo Basil is a bracing, citrus/herbal tonic. It is a great summer and daytime scent, with an attractive Mediterranean vibe. The bergamot is very citrusy. The basil has a licorice note, to be expected in true basil and rather nice. In fact, I’d say this is one of the most accurate and pleasing basil scents I know (I'm thinking of Baïme, Vigilo, even the very good Basile Uomo). Thankfully the sage and clove are restrained notes. This is a unisex scent, and because it doesn’t have sweet or floral notes I consider it quite suitable for a man to wear.
22nd October, 2007
I really enjoyed the salty, herbal quality of this now out of production scent. It was more of a "tonic" than cologne which was perfect for me on a summary weekend day. I have some left and regret that it has been discontinued. I think LVMH should have considered at least keeping the body creams etc if not the cologne.
21st May, 2007