Positive Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Basil / Foglie di Basilico by Acqua di Parma

Davem81 Show all reviews
Strong basil, some liquorice and a hint of mintiness. Simple yet rewarding. Very glad I managed to track this long-discontinued gem down!
09th April, 2015
Notes: bergamot, basil, sage, clove.
Blu Mediterraneo Basil is a bracing, citrus/herbal tonic. It is a great summer and daytime scent, with an attractive Mediterranean vibe. The bergamot is very citrusy. The basil has a licorice note, to be expected in true basil and rather nice. In fact, I’d say this is one of the most accurate and pleasing basil scents I know (I'm thinking of Baïme, Vigilo, even the very good Basile Uomo). Thankfully the sage and clove are restrained notes. This is a unisex scent, and because it doesn’t have sweet or floral notes I consider it quite suitable for a man to wear.
22nd October, 2007
I really enjoyed the salty, herbal quality of this now out of production scent. It was more of a "tonic" than cologne which was perfect for me on a summary weekend day. I have some left and regret that it has been discontinued. I think LVMH should have considered at least keeping the body creams etc if not the cologne.
21st May, 2007