Positive Reviews of Mat; Chocolat by Masakï Matsushïma

Find out more about Mat; Chocolat by Masakï Matsushïma in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

scenttastic's avatar

Yum! I love this. I read heaps of reviews on this on 3 or 4 different sites, and most of them were good. I took the chance and bought a bottle, as StrawberryNet had a 10% off all perfume special happening. I'm very, very glad I did. While the first blast after spraying on smelt a bit like the Cottees chocolate syrup used to flavour milkshakes, thankfully that disappeared very quickly. What's left is gorgeous - a not too sweet, delicious, warm, sensual aroma that smells a bit like chocolate, a bit like musk, with a hint of rose and just a touch of coconut and sandalwood. Divine and pretty much what I was after. I put this on over 4 hours ago and it's still there, I can still smell it - I actually can't stop smelling my wrist (have been smelling it all night) - just gorgeous!

28 March, 2014

Madamemagenta's avatar

Cocoa in the raw. Upon closer inspection, this is rather complex, another case of an elaborate recipe to make a seemingly straight forward scent. Great for folks who like chocolate scents without smelling like an eight year old. Fun.

01st January, 2009

ashby's avatar

Spain Spain

Very realistic chocolate top notes briefly yield to a high-pitched, slightly synthetic mock-choc accord (a la Angel) before drying down to a woodsy milk chocolate with just a hint of cardboard. I am not a fan of "edible-smelling" fragrances, but I think this one is well-done: the woods aren't too strong or distinctive, but just provide a workable framework to strengthen and prolong the chocolate scent. Well worth a try if you're looking for a not-too-artificial chocolate scent with a bit of backbone and lasting power.

06 November, 2005