Reviews

Positive Reviews of Mat; Chocolat by Masak´ Matsush´ma

Yum! I love this. I read heaps of reviews on this on 3 or 4 different sites, and most of them were good. I took the chance and bought a bottle, as StrawberryNet had a 10% off all perfume special happening. I'm very, very glad I did. While the first blast after spraying on smelt a bit like the Cottees chocolate syrup used to flavour milkshakes, thankfully that disappeared very quickly. What's left is gorgeous - a not too sweet, delicious, warm, sensual aroma that smells a bit like chocolate, a bit like musk, with a hint of rose and just a touch of coconut and sandalwood. Divine and pretty much what I was after. I put this on over 4 hours ago and it's still there, I can still smell it - I actually can't stop smelling my wrist (have been smelling it all night) - just gorgeous!
28th March, 2014
Cocoa in the raw. Upon closer inspection, this is rather complex, another case of an elaborate recipe to make a seemingly straight forward scent. Great for folks who like chocolate scents without smelling like an eight year old. Fun.
01st January, 2009
Very realistic chocolate top notes briefly yield to a high-pitched, slightly synthetic mock-choc accord (a la Angel) before drying down to a woodsy milk chocolate with just a hint of cardboard. I am not a fan of "edible-smelling" fragrances, but I think this one is well-done: the woods aren't too strong or distinctive, but just provide a workable framework to strengthen and prolong the chocolate scent. Well worth a try if you're looking for a not-too-artificial chocolate scent with a bit of backbone and lasting power.
06th November, 2005