Positive Reviews of Tomorrow for Him by Avon

It would seem that 5 years after the release (and lukewarm success) of Intrigue, and two after the odd spice grenade that was Passion Dance for Him, Avon would take another, more committed stab at the emerging gourmand trope in men's fragrance. By this time other fragrance houses, some quite prestigious, had been exploring the idea of "taste good" fragrance notes too, with stuff like Spark for Him by Liz Claiborne and Dior Homme hitting the market in the years between. If you can ignore the fact that this fragrance practically steals the bottle design from the aforementioned Dior, what you'll find is something worth treasuring within. Just like it's series of woodsy chypres, it seems 3 times was the charm for Avon and it's experimentation with gourmand scents.

Avon took the warm vanilla and bergamot tones from Intrigue and disposed of the rest here, adding in some of the spicy base from Passion Dance. The woods and other darker, smokier qualities have been dispatched and replaced by cacao, anise, and something caramel sweet that I can't place. There is a slight powder going on here too but it's not enough to push this into fougere territory, and the end result is as others have commented: a very very edible fragrance that reminds one of a spicy aperitif or digestive nightcap that one can wear. This one rides very close to the aforementioned Spark for Him, but that one is well overdone with too much of the syrupy caramel and something cinnamon that just irritates in the way a shot of Fireball ruins all the previous drinking before it (I hate Fireball FYI). Some could call this a "me-too" since Avon does have a really bad track record of joining tropes very late in the game, or outright re-engineering popular fragrances with lower-cost ingredients to dupe buyers. But in this case, since they were actually -at- the cutting edge of men's fragrance in the 2000's with some of their designs (for the first time since they started churning them out in the 60's and early 70's), that claim doesn't really hold water, at least this time around. What fascinates me most here is that just like with Uomo/Paradigm/HisStory, they kept building on an idea, cannibalizing and retaining what worked, and replacing what didn't, until they reached an ultimate conclusion that was the best of 3. In this case, this order of progression goes Intrigue->Passion Dance for Him -> Tomorrow for Men. I still prefer Intrigue the best out of the three, but I admit this is more complex and balanced.

Gourmands are more or less the mid-2000's version of the 70's aromatic musk craze, and men's fragrance grew a lot richer and darker for the first time since the end of that decade. Of all the men's fragrance tropes Avon tried, I feel richer and more powdery smells were always their strong suit. They had a limited palette to begin with in order to keep the price points they wanted, and there just seems to be more possibilities for creative excellence within richer smell categories if staying cheap is a priority, since the ingredients needed to pull off good fresh smells of a modern type are all rather exotic botanicals or synthetic proxies. Granted, the ever-safe and ever-popular watery aquatics and ozonic fragrances that had supplanted other kinds of male scent were still present, with Avon hitting a less-notable but still respectable stride with them as well, but stuff like this was the first sign that men wanted to smell masculine again, and Avon was better at this anyway, even if gourmands never came to dominate men's fragrance the way musk did decades prior.

I feel good about wearing this regularly, and even though it's sadly discontinued in the US market, it was amazingly popular in Eastern Europe, particularly Poland, just like the R.P.M. line under the "Full Speed" alternate name and it's myriad Poland-only franchise of flankers. This means that outside of a little bit of pesky import postage, it should still be easily available from online Avon sellers over there that ship globally. Of interesting note, the "Today * Tomorrow * Always" tag was meant to be a line of fragrances that came in 3's, one for each name in the trio. That ended up being the case for the feminine line of these, but men in the US only ever got the "Tomorrow" and not the other two. Recently, Avon launched the men's "Today" but only in Poland (of course), and even extended the series out to "Today Tomorrow Always Forever" in Poland. They even made a "Today Tomorrow Always My Everything" for the Hungarian market. Ah Avon... today tomorrow and always making people who like your selections jump through hoops to replenish stock of their favorites. XD
04th September, 2017
Great, cheap lovely
27th April, 2015
I just got this today -blind purchase- and I have say I had never been so pleasantly surprised before. I have always stayed away from Avon fragrances (sorry, I find them "cheap"), but this is SO not Avon!! It is a fantastic syrupy frag, in the line of Blue Sugar by Aquolina, Rochas Man and Legend by Michael Jordan (not that they smell alike, but it's the same style). Sweet as it is, I can smell the amber and the coconut. It does not smell cheap, AT ALL. I wore it today to go to work and my secretary went crazy over it. If you're a fan of sweet perfumes, this is a purchase you will definitely not regret (especially considering what a BARGAIN it is!!). Highly recommendable.
04th July, 2012

First: love the bottle. This juice got a simply but chic bottle that matches the style of the cologne.

Second: this is my most complimented cologne. Bar none. I always get asked anytime I wear it, what I have on....ohhhh it smells so wonderful. Where can I find it? When I say Avon, no one believes me and everyone thinks I'm joking.

If this was put out by any "real" designer it would sell for 70+ bucks, and be getting all kinds of attention.

The color is perfect. A camel, dark chocolate, ANISE. And a delicious scent. My wife usually hates licorice, but she drools when I wear this. I generally am not a fan of gourmand scents but this is so classy, and rich. It's like wearing a glass of fine cognac.

I got this on eBay for $12. What a steal. I heard they disconntinued it. I hope not. I was so sad to hear that, and I actually wrote the company. (never done that before). If you like manly, deep, spicy, semi-sweet, frags, that have a smoky quality. This is it. A frag people will think you spent a fortune on at some niche boutique. This is it. No one will believe its Avon. I have other Avon frags, just to have in my library of scents, because they are considered classics. "Wild country", & "black suede". They are very Avon. Smell cheap. Not bad, just cheap. They have an odd, "oh this is an Avon cologne" smell. TOMORROW DOES NOT. It smells as far removed from Avon as a cologne possibly could. I don't know who they got to designe this stuff be he is a scent god.

I've smelled the other colognes mentioned below, that reminds many of this- including micheal kors, and a number of others. They are all from the same DNA. But personally, even if price wasn't a factor I'd take tomorrow over them. However, when you consider the price it's a no brainer. If your going to have one gourmand in your collection let it be this one.

For me longevity is very good. Sillage is good as well. I get about 7-9 hours. The other day I grabbed a shirt I was wearing the day before and could still smell it on there. This is what a modern man should smell like. Manly. Warm. Spicy.
21st June, 2012 (last edited: 25th June, 2012)
Avon has really stepped up their game in the last decade.
Tomorrow is a wonderful fragrance.
Licorice and Spice and very, very nice.
The notes are enjoyable and pleasing to my nose.
This is more wearable IMO than Lolita Lempicka and more enjoyable than Body Kouros.
Sadly the longevity is not great.
I still highly recommend for those who enjoy anise gourmands.
I really like this.
08th March, 2012
Another great fragrance at a reasonable price, i got this off ebay for £5-£6 for 50ml.

This is the first amber fragrance i have obtained in my collection, when first applied ( and when you smell a cap) it opens with a sweet blast but on top i can smell a latex/Clingfill smell, but after 30 seconds this evaporates to nice mild spicy tarragon smell which is pleasant. It opens sweet not as sweet as A-men for example but more Carmel and yummy like a nice desert.

I have got many complements when wearing this fragrance epically from girls, i don't know if it luck or just divine intervention but some fragrances women just love.

The bottle is a carbon copy of 'Dior Homme' but that does not bother me, so if you looking to add a sweet amber fragrance to your collection instead of shelling out more for roaches men, give Avon tomorrow for him a chance. Another great smelling fragrance which gives bang for it's buck
26th August, 2011
Avon! Great work done.

It is unique sweet smoky fragrance, very different from other perfumes of the same genre eg: irresistible givenchy, XS black, paul smith london.

I absolutely love the fragrance though i am not a huge fan of modern sweet fragrances,but hats off to this one.

One problem is with the silage and longevity which is not good to me.

i give it 7.5 out of 10.
05th August, 2011
All I can pick up in this nice little scent is Vanilla Ice Cream with Hot Caramel on top!

Suh-weeeet!!, in a good way.

I've tried Avon's Black Sued Touch, Wild Country and I sort of get what people mean by the Avon "smell", sort of synthetic chemical.

Not this baby!
It just smells so natural, like, "Where the heck is that McDonalds vanilla sundae with caramel topping at?"
16th May, 2010
This is pretty good. The best Avon I've ever smelled. It lasts on me and I actually like the strong chocolate in it. Try it.
13th February, 2010
To put it lightly, one of my favorites!

For all of the unpleasant, wash-off-your-skin-immediately juices that Avon puts out, they really hit home with this one.

It's a very pleasing oriental that comes across differently every time I try it, but is always a truly great experience.
21st November, 2009
RJR Show all reviews
Spray it on heavy, then keep to your cloying self for an hour. The drydown is worth it. Soft, warm and soothing, though close to the skin. Perfect for snuggling hours after application. Yes, Avon. Who knew?
20th August, 2009
Sybarite Show all reviews
This is without a doubt the best scent Avon has released for men. (Along with "Black Suede Touch", for those of you who prefer your "leather scents" a little more subtle). ... I would wager a small fortune (well, maybe someone else's small fortune ;o) that "Tomorrow" would receive more acclaim and favourable praise were it sampled in a "blind test", for example. Or had it been released by some or other designer house. (Good value for money, in other words).
An oriental gourmand, with principal notes of cocoa, vanilla, chocolate, patchouli and anise amongst a soft ambered woods base. It's a surprisingly decent scent. (Especially for it's "very affordable" price).
The reviews that have likened it to "Lolita Lempicka au Masculine" are quite "spot on", as they are certainly quite similar. However here in "Tomorrow", the anise has been "dialed down" to a (for me at least) much more acceptable level. It is also not quite as sweet a scent.
So if you've liked the sound of the "Lolita", but have been weary of it's sweetness or the "in your face" assault of licorice/anise. Then I would recommend you give this one a try instead. You might just be pleasantly surprised. ... On the plus side, it's much more affordable. On the minus side however, the longevity and sillage will also be somewhat reduced. (But hey, that is a preferable trait for some !). Though, don't get me wrong, it still has acceptably average (?) levels of both.
01st August, 2009
A really good and cheap edt. This is my alternative for givenchy pi. Staying power is average. I really like it :)
07th May, 2009

This is one of the most sensual creamy scents made for a man...but I like it too. I'm a woman and I wouldn't spritz it directly onto my skin. I wouldn't even spritz the air and run through it. I spray once on a cotton pad and press into my torso. Subtle, confident. Hmmmm.
04th February, 2009
I get warm woodsy notes and hints of cherry.
It's nice to have this as an alternative to my usual Arpege pour homme and Ultraviolet Man which are more reflective of orange and vanilla/ powder. Probably Avon's best.
19th December, 2008
I love it. Minty Cocoa and some patchouli thrown it = fantastic.

One problem - the drydown is very quick and before you know it the amber base is all that's left. However, this is easily solved! I find that if you use the deodorant with it as well, it really helps in the projection and makes the top notes stay around longer. Easy enough.

Simple and nice!
20th July, 2008
Nice sweet oriental. 10$ per ounce for a pretty sweet fruity, cocoa smell is a good deal. Not overly sweet. Reminds me of synthetic flavored candy. Unisex. Could be a little bit more spicy and more manly for my preferrence but then people would call it too pumpkin pie(ish). Fair staying power. Overall, comes on stronger and remains sweeter than Lacoste pour Homme, finishes earliear and does not have the unique rum notes of Lacoste. But I like it and keep it despite having Lacoste.
25th January, 2007
avon has a winner with this one. the start off is a rich and thick oriental spice that has vanilla, cinnamon, and musky smell. the drydown is a creamy carmel-y smell...atleast on my skin! awesome fragrance.
21st December, 2006
I got this for my husband and it became the second one of his that I get into. It smells like Lolita Lempika to me for a whole lot less money. I have never been able to find an Avon frag that I liked until this one. This is one, I think, could be a unisex fragrance. We both love it.
08th December, 2006
I discovered this one from a scented strip in an Avon magazine. I rubbed my wrist against the strip to see what it did on my skin. It reminded me a lot of Lolita Lempicka au masculin at first. It dried down to something reminiscent of John Varvatos or the old Burberry London. I sprung for a bottle based on how it smelled from the strip. The real juice holds the Lempicka-ish scent longer than on the strip. When it dries down I get more chocolate/cocoa than the sweet fruitiness that I got from the strip. It's still a great scent & I'm really glad I got the bottle. It's not often that you find something that smells so great for so little green.
31st October, 2006
Distinctive,sexy and romantic.Very long lasting and it can be considered a prestige fragrance(Avon presents it as so).I can feel the anise,cocoa beans and violet notes plus the patchouli.Be modern and also look into the near future..tomorrow...she'll be mine..or even today..:))))
17th September, 2006
I LOVE Tomorrow for women and this Men's version on my hubbie is to die for. Deep, sensual oriental that smells heavenly. Great price as well.
20th February, 2006
This remonds me very much of Lolita Lempika for men, although not quite as much liquorice. It's a nice fragrance, however, it is quite light and seems to wear off pretty quickly. If you're after this type of smell I'd strongly recommend the Lolita Lempika, if you're on a budget this is a reasonable alternative.
27th December, 2005
CoL Show all reviews
YOu know this is suprisingly good! Reminds me off a more "transparent" Yohji Homme mixed with a little M7 maybe. Bottle VERY obvioulsy "inspired" by the new Dior Homme, right down to the engraving around the sprayer. NOTHING like it mind you, this is a much deeper oriental scent.
22nd October, 2005