Reviews of Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri

Genre: Fruit

This is a remarkably accurate and literal rendition of fresh peaches. It’s surprisingly natural to my nose and makes a simple, cheerful, and refreshing scent for casual wear in warm weather. Superior, by the way, to the much more costly Flower of Immortality from By Kilian.
23rd June, 2014
Likeable, friendly, easy-to-wear peach-sandalwood. The orris and sandalwood don't make it powdery as much as kind of opaque and full. It's not overbearingly fruity or peachy. doesn't get high or shrill, stays very mid-tone. This strikes me as versatile, and easy to adapt for many different type of wearers and places.
The combination of peach and sandalwood made it kind of unique to me, as it didn't fall into a category to my nose, and it took several tries to see if I liked that amorphous, easy going, vaguely peachy wooded roundness. I was having mental problems with its lack of distinctness, of what was to me an undefinableness. Then I wondered "What's my problem, do I like it or not?", decided I did, and now I'm fine. :-)
15th July, 2012
The ideal peach fragrance. Natural, transparant, fresh. A good peach is hard to find -so don't look any further - get Peau de Peche. Fantastic staying-power, too.
11th September, 2010

Lovely. Smells like the outside of a perfect, ripe peach, and the drydown has impressive longevity as a pleasant, peachy skin scent. I'm not at all a fan of sweet, fruity fragrances, but this is subtle and very nice.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have much projection; you'll have to be looking for a subtle scent. Don't overspray to try to amp up the effect, or you'll discover that Peau de Peche is more solid than its stealthy impression lets on. Too much can be cloying without smelling overtly powerful.
17th March, 2010 (last edited: 10th February, 2012)
Dang. I'm really starting to wonder if I might be anosmic to a particular range of peachy/milky notes, maybe undecalactone. (Could that be why Mitsouko is so irretrievably bitter on me, while I simply can't smell Chant d'Aromes at all?) Anyway, this goes on with a lovely burst of not-too-sweet peach. I love it, and I have a feeling that creamy orris is doing great things with sandlewood at the bottom, but this simply disappears on me within minutes and no amount of huffing my wrist will let me get a real sense of it. I used up my sample in one day and still don't really know what this smells like. I really envy those of you for whom this works.
19th August, 2009
It's pale peach at first, not too juicy but absolutely real, then morphs into a sheer peachy sandalwood. Quite charming and dreamy; reminds me of Kay Nielsen drawings of fairytale princesses.
24th July, 2009
Kaern Show all reviews
Er -- I smell like a peach.

But it's a beautiful peach that isn't cloying, more like a citrus effect. I thought it wouldn't last but with a liberal spray it takes 8 hours easily. The drydown is amazing when the peach mixes with a very soft sandalwood. Dreamy.
03rd June, 2009
Perfumed peaches. Filled with aldehydes, this is well made and doesn't fail to please. It's like Chanel no. 5 for kids... just kidding ;)
31st October, 2008
I had high hopes for this, but prefer Cote Bastide's Peche de Vigne. This turns to canned 'Peas and Peach' on my skin. Not good. The peas stay in front for me and I just can't seem to re-wire my brain to smell peach only. Too bad...I love the scent of fresh peaches.
11th October, 2008
This is what Goutal's Petite Cherie tried to be, but failed. Peau de Peche by Mecheri is a remarkable rendition of the actual white peach, skin, pulp and stone included! Well done!
21st December, 2007
Tovah Show all reviews
I love this and plan to buy a full bottle. Peau de Peche has an elegant smell. It's not at all a sweet peachy body spray kind of fragrance. The peach is slightly sweet, but dry, and the fragrance smells light and fresh; not cloying or foody. The peach note reminds me a bit of the peach in Burberry London, and if I had to compare Peau de Peche to another fragrance London is the first that comes to mind. However, I've never smelled such a lovely peach that wasn't an actual fresh white peach.
21st February, 2006