Reviews of Cadolle No. 9 by Cadolle

Find out more about Cadolle No. 9 by Cadolle in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

paloma54's avatar

I discovered a reference to Cadolle No. 9 in Jan Moran's first book Fabulous Fragrances. It piqued my curiosity, so when I heard that Les Senteurs in London had it, I bought a bottle in great hopes! I was everything I had hoped for, and more. At the time, I wish I had bought several bottles, because quickly it became impossible to obtain any more of the eau de parfum. I bought an inexpensive edt bottle later, but have been very disappointed with it. If you can get your hands on a bottle of the Eau de Parfum---it's worth it. But I'd have to advise against the eau de toilette, which is thin, harsh smelling, and does not have that beautiful evening glove feeling to it.

03rd December, 2009

LisaWood's avatar

This fragrance is about to be discontinued. Les Senteurs tell me that it is no longer in production. Such a shame as it is a truly lovely perfume.

16th July, 2008

donna255's avatar

Northern Ireland Northern Ireland

I came across Cadolle No9 from Les Senteurs way back in the late 90's. James sent me a sample and I fell madly in love. Created in 1925, I own the now discontinued edp version.

No9 is rich heady very decadent feminine fragrance. Starts like a big floral sweet and morish a summer garden in the sun. Then the base comes in, changing the garden to far eastern resins and woods. Think Cecil B Mills silent exotic epic starring Gloria Swanson.

30th April, 2007

bugs's avatar

I saw a bottle of this on the shelf in Les Senteurs and was immediately intrigued - it looked so utterly evocative of a certain era - all silk stockings and cami-knickers. An Evelyn Waugh heroine for sure. As I recall it smells quite sweet and cakey, but not nastily so. Only drawback for me is the price - which seems a bit inflated.

01st August, 2006