Positive Reviews of Hoggar by Yves Rocher

This is a fragrance of very nice quality: warm, sober and classy.

In 2005, it was a kind of 1 Million before its time. It is dryer and simpler, but I find some similarities with 1 Million (mainly the cinnamon, woody notes and amber).

Hoggar is more elaborated to me than the official notes featured. I discern a cinnamon vibe, hints of mint, broader woody notes than only cedar and hints of amber. Maybe it’s the tonka beans that give me the impression for some of these notes.

Although appropriate for evening too, Hoggar, because it is more sober and discrete, could be a great day counterpart for Paco Rabanne 1 Million which, being louder and sweeter, is particularly good for the evening.

On me, longevity is very good (between 7 and 12 h). Projection is moderate, but will become close to the skin after 3 1/2 to 4 hours. So reapplication might be on the agenda.

A really charming woody scent.
19th November, 2014
I smell cardamum, cardamum, cardamum ... If you love this spice like I do, it is a very fine, pleasant scent (and - why not - suits well for women, too.)
24th July, 2012
shamu1 Show all reviews

Hoggar is a reference masculine oriental fragrance for me, the kind I'd have someone smell if he wanted to know what an oriental fragrance smelled like. It's warm, spicy, woody and mildly sweet with its amber base, good to wear all year long because it's not a heavy or overly sweet scent. It's dry and transparent enough to wear in the heat of summer, but spicy and rich enough to warm your heart in the dead of winter. What I like most about Hoggar is its woodiness and a bit of an almondy smell underlying everything. I must respectfully disagree with foetidus' comment about Hoggar smelling synthetic; I find Hoggar to be very natural smelling, in large part because of how well balanced and blended this is.

The only negative thing I can say about this is that it's not particularly inspired or unique, though I can't point to one single fragrance that it's similar to. Hoggar is simply an excellent oriental masculine that just smells great, with excellent all-day longevity and good sillage. It's not some raging powerhouse by any means, but rather a classy, tasteful and rich scent that represents excellent value for your dollar. Another really good release from Yves Rocher..

MY RATING: 8/10
19th May, 2010

I love hoggar, it is a sweat fragrance.On me it s verry creamy,chocolaty whit a little bit of spiceness and last a long time
23rd December, 2009 (last edited: 28th February, 2010)
Very, VERY pleasant stuff! Starts fresh (bergamot) and developes into a smooth combination of chocolate, coffee and vanilla (tonkabean). But very subtle, not in a "smells edible"-way.
One of the nicest fragrances I ever smelled!
Comes in a simple bottle in a nice box with a picture of the Hoggar-desert.
Quality compared to price (no money!) is maybe the best one can get.
01st July, 2007
mjclark Show all reviews
So complex it's surreal!Chemical opening like A*Men moves quickly into citrus oriental and finally settles down to something akin to a vanilla and fruit D&GPH with a hint of camphor.
First time I put this on I couldn't work out whether I liked it or not.There's a strange synthetic tang which initially deterred me but that I soon found myself relishing.Definitely an acquired taste,bizarre and fascinating.
25th May, 2007
Rich, stylish and long lasting. Smells like a fresh Oriental, like a very traditional formula reworked in order to be less cluttered and lighter. The opening is marine, yet not a synthetic watery, the drydown has an ambery, almost leathery warmth, reminescent of Tuscany or Sienna plus the advantageous cost factor- being both moderately priced and long lasting, theregfore twice a bargain.
25th March, 2007
I love this scent very much. Very warm, lots of vanilla. Got the roll-on too and the price is low. Will get more once I finish this bottle.
24th April, 2006