Reviews

Positive Reviews of Bright Crystal by Versace

My girlfriend saw this at Ulta about 3 months ago and she really loved after testing this so I bought it for her on Valentines Day. I must say I liked it at 1st but now im really starting to love it. It starts out smelling fresh,slightly floral and has a sparkle to it but to me this really shines in the drydown when it becomes really creamy and smooth...

Like I said the more I smell it on her the more I like it so give this 1 a few tries before gathering an opinion as this went from a like to a love pretty quick :D
19th February, 2014
LOVE this! I was searching for a new fragrance and getting frustrated with the current crop of designers and celebrities with the latest "thang" ...all of them seem to have a note (perhaps vanilla?) that smells dirty and skanky to me, especially after dry down. Then I stumbled on Bright Crystal. It is young and sexy without being trashy and it actually has an interesting deep woodsy note that I especially love to smell in my purse (I had to dispense with the bulky cap...too much for lugging around!) I get constant compliments when I wear it and I'm now on my third 100 ml bottle!
15th July, 2010
a distillate of the young and pretty
05th February, 2010

This is an amazing perfume for daywear especially for people in their 20s. It has a very sharp, fresh scent which always puts me in a good mood. It is a fruity/floral but its not that usual sweet. It lasts for about 4-5 hours on me and this is one of the few perfumes which have never given me a headache. I really really like this scent but I don't love it so I don't know if I'll buy it again, but I'm definitely very glad about buying it the first time.
14th May, 2009
The huge crystal stopper that looks like a diamond and the pink liquid inside the bottle caught my eye...I just had to try it...and then I purchased a FB. The bottle is so adorable, and yes I am a sucker for perfume bottles as much as I am perfume =). I like this scent but I like the bottle even better. Bright Crystal is a lovely, uplifting fruity/ floral. The staying power is o.k. (2-3 hours) I wish it lasted longer. It is innofensive and just smells wonderful on my skin. Very feminine, girly scent that I would wear for any occasion. Bright Crystal is a keeper for me.
17th April, 2009
Tony T Show all reviews
fruity and floral again. there are cheaper one's. there are more expensive one's. i like versace's take on magnolia, peony and musks. i am not familiar with vegetal amber but my friend wears this and it's lovely on her.
29th January, 2009
pasha Show all reviews
Not as close it its older sister Crystal Noir as I would want it to be, but still incredibly pleasant and sparkling.

This is the 'cuter' one of the duo. Much like the relationship between Gucci Eau de Parfum and Gucci Eau de Parfum II. Smells a bit younger, this is a perfect day-time scent, when Noir is best kept for sultry/steamy nights. The exotic coconut/fig vein of Noir is replaced with pomegranate and yuzu. It is slightly more feminine, well-behaved and familiar. The mid-notes are the most precious and luscious flowers like peony, magnolia, and lotus. I love its heart notes: they are simply sublime.

Peony tends too make scents smell innocent and young anyways, and being one of my favorite flowers of all time along with magnolia, these flower notes smell exceptionally beautiful and very authentic at the same time. The flowery heart moves into a musky and amber-y drydown, while keeping its flowery/fruity identity.

This is not a gender-bender scent though: it is a testament to everything that is 'woman.' I hold this scent in very high esteem for its jewel like character. Most importantly, it smells expensive and sophisticated even though being young in character. That is hard to create/find. Not as sensual as Noir, but equally respectable nonetheless. The bottle is identical to Noir with a clear crystal top and pink juice inside instead.

It is truly bright: another respectable creation from the brand.
03rd September, 2008 (last edited: 04th August, 2011)
Noraed Show all reviews
Soft and tender I would say. It is nice, but an amazing.
This is a Floral - Fruity type of perfume.
The scent is not as beautiful as its bottle.
The design of this bottle is what tricked me into buying it, but I do enjoy the scent sometimes.
23rd April, 2008
For so long I have been sniffing this perfume from some superstore in our area... i loved it so much because it smells so clean, refreshing, light, sweet, and mellow.. the good thing about it was that it stays for a long time! I spray once in the morning before work, around 7am then go to work - smells it, lunch -- still smelling it, afternoon -- smells it again, dinner -- smells it so much!! it stays on my clothes!! when i get home around 10pm.. it still lingers! i just love it!! this is the scent for the young fashionable workers!
21st December, 2007
An unwanted trip to do an errand this morning, turned into a mini fragrance sniff session.
I disturbed a bored SA and made her spritz me with this Versace sent, plus one other she decided I needed to smell.
So I have Versace Bright Crystal on my right wrist and Armani Code for Women on my left.
VERSACE BRIGHT CRYSTAL wins, hands (wrists) down!!! It had a so so start, but now a couple hours later, I can't stop sniffing my right wrist (god I hope nobody is watching!! LOL) It is subtle, lingering, very lovely, just beautiful on me! Must add to my WANT list!!
11th June, 2007
Starts out a bit bright and somewhat biting, but develops into a full-bodied, lush, yet not overly powerful floral. Beautiful and classy.
09th January, 2007
I first discovered Bright Crystal by reading Cosmo with a guy friend. At the time this was a guy friend that I was interested in so when he told me that I should buy the perfume because he thought it was sexy, I was immediately interested. So then when I went to Sephora while on a class trip to NYC i sampled the perfume and now I'm in love with the sexy aroma it has!
06th November, 2006
I agree with Margareta. I sprayed Bright Crystal on my wrist at a department store and thought, yeah, OK , nothing much going on here! I ran my errands and after a while was thinking what IS that heavenly magnolia scent? It was me, well, my wrist anyway. nice sillage! I like magnolia so this was an unexpected surprise. A week later, I ran to the store just to re-try it, sprayed it on both wrists, and sniffed it all night. that settled it, It goes on my main wish list. I thought the bottle was kind of gaudy but it grew on me once I liked what was inside.
26th October, 2006

It seems like I am a Versace-fan! I do like Bright Crystal very much, as I do with other Versace-frags!
The first sniff was a dissapointment. Just another floral... It was after 15 minutes I started to like it. And I liked it more and more the longer it was on my skin. The drydown is almost powdery and beautiful, and also very longlasting on me.
If you are interested in this frag. give it at least a try on your skin, and let it develop for several hours before you form an opinion abut it.
Thums up for Bright Crystal from Versace-fan Margareta.
02nd September, 2006 (last edited: 10th April, 2011)