Positive Reviews of Hypnôse by Lancôme

Find out more about Hypnôse by Lancôme in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

aquila_2009's avatar

Iran Iran

Salutation.

People smell the air for more when You wear HYPNOSE By LANCOME.It is the Perfect Representation of Lavish Style and Modern Shapes. You can feel Cozy and Comfortable when wearning it. Sweet,Romantic,Feminine,Vanillic, Sophisticated,Hypnotic,Warm and Undeniable Seductive.

An Audacious Fragrance that blends dazzling Oriental and Woody. Sweet opening like Caramel.The Heart is Charming and The base notes is a Rich and Heavy combination By Vanilla and Vetiver that sit Calmly,Radiation Warmth and Sweetness that i find to be quite Special.

Great for Every Romantic moment in a woman's life. when You wear it makes you feel Super Special.I definitely suggest it to a Elegant Lady between 30/40 Years old.HYPNOSE is also Suitable for AUTUMN/WINTER Eveninigs.it conjured up a Romantic Dinner for two by candlelight in my mind

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?It is one of the best part this EDP for me.

Thank You LANCOME.

16th October, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

A very sensual and pleasant fragrance for an attractive woman!
    It's a vanilla dominated fragrance, so if you don't like vanilla, stay away!
    The vanilla in this fragrance is really pleasant and quality. it doesn't smell synthetic and cheap like some fragrances.
    The opening of this fragrance is semi sweet and creamy vanilla scent mixed with very bright and light floral notes.
    It's sweet but not too sweet and cloying! it's very smooth, creamy and sensual. very yummy scent!
    In the dry down the smell didn't change that much, except very light vetiver note came in and gave the scent a little more character.
    The smell has very light soapy vibe too, but it's weak and it's not a soapy fragrance.
    The vanilla is the main note of this fragrance and everything is in the background.
    Both projection and longevity is very good, but because of simple and linear vanilla scent you may get bored!
    A quality feminine fragrance for vanilla lovers.

02nd June, 2014

dollars&scents's avatar

Hypnose by Lancome - the marriage of coconuty frangipani with peach provides a tropical sweetness which is nicely countered by a green jasmine. The sparkling top is nicely segued to the warm woody base with its sweet vanilla tempered with an earthy vetiver ... not particularly daring but pleasant and lovely nonetheless ... a well crafted composition ...

25th November, 2011

Fiumenero's avatar

I really enjoy this fragrance; however, I have the de Parfum, and it does not last very long on me. I probably won't purchase it again.
    Jeanette

16th June, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

This is one vanilla-based fragrance which I find utterly breath-taking.

Hypnose is yummy and sweet without being overwhelming. This has no where near the same strength as Fantasy or Pink Sugar, to my nose this is light and much more grown up.

This is spicy, but only mildly so. Hypnose is mostly soft and slightly powdery vanilla, jasmine, passion flower, vetiver and bergamot.

I find this fragrance to be one of those scents that smell better on the skin rather than paper. On the skin it becomes very warm and soft, however on paper it can be rather sharp.

The lasting strength and sillage are good, but I must advise you all that this fragrance should not be over-applied. Hypnose would make a lovely fragrance for the colder months and special occasions, however I would wear this casually myself.

15th June, 2011

Aliana's avatar

I've had this perfume for about 2 years now. It is definitely one of my favorites. I enjoy wearing it any time of the day and for any occasions. And the bottle is absolutely gorgeous. I think it's perfect. I wouldn't want to change a thing about it. I'm going to buy myself another bottle when this one will be over.

19th May, 2010

Asha's avatar

Lancome Hypnose EDP

Notes: Passion Flower, Sambac Jasmine, Solar Notes, Vetiver, Vanilla (from osmoz.com)

Hypnose starts with a quick blast of bergamot and tropical fruit notes, and quickly transitions into a powdery vanilla and white floral middle. There is a sweet and tart juxtaposition that is often found in feminine floral orientals of the same era--it is usually somewhat candy-like, although in Hypnose, this combination does not come across as particularly edible. Vetiver is listed in the notes, however, I do not smell anything that resembles the vetiver essential oils I have experienced. I'm pretty sure there is actually a cleaned-up vetiver and patchouli combination in Hypnose, because the fragrance has a kind of masculine "bite" in the base that is similar to other post-Angel floral orientals.. In fact, as I was catching whiffs of sillage today, I noticed that Hypnose has a kind of barbershop quality that I never noticed before. In contrast, up close, the overall impression is billowy sweet vanilla, as feminine as it could possibly be. The base continues with sweet, soft vanilla, a nondescript amber accord and the vetiver-patchouli. I know that Hypnose is not universally liked, but I have always found it very enjoyable. It is not quite as "girly" as some floral orientals, and pulls the Angel-like feminine-over-masculine structure down to an palatable level. Perhaps this makes Hypnose more bland, but it also makes it more wearable.

18th October, 2009 (Last Edited: 05th November, 2009)

ravetastic's avatar

On the right individual, this fragrance is pleasant and inviting - sweet without being immature, sugary, thick, powdery, or overwhelming. It depends on your chemistry. I bought a bottle ( I am in my mid-thirties ) and after a dozen wearings, tired of how it broke down into a spiraling nightmare on me. So I gave it to my 60-something mother, thinking it might work on her, and it did. It is wonderful on her. She exudes brightness and warmth in a way that is appropriate for her age. On her I don't sense the tinge that used to make my nose crinkle on me. On her, I smell quite prominently the notes I used to have to bury my nose on my skin to get after a couple of hours. Try it. If it works, you'll be very pleased.

22nd March, 2009

pinkmimosa's avatar

To me, it's like licorice and aftershave. Very sexy, different. Very bold on me, very lasting. Gorgeous bottle. Better than most perfumes but still not amongst my top ten faves.

19th January, 2009

tale's avatar

Very beautiful, very unique and interesting.
    Do not expect anything floral though since the scents are very well blended you will not get that dominant floral note.
    A spicy winter fragrance but a little too much for summer days.

07th January, 2009

falona19's avatar

I LOVE IT. the base tones are amazing. alluring. stuff that you'd want to create memories to

10th November, 2007

chaelaran1008's avatar

Hypnose had me instantly smitten, usually a sign that I will get bored quickly with a fragrance but not this time. Definitely the sweetest fragrance I own but there is a note in here (vetiver?) which tempers the sweetness just enough to make it wearable for me. I can also detect almond in Hypnose alongside the vanilla and passionflower. Love this for autumn/winter.

23rd June, 2007

ghotio's avatar

I had to wear this a few time in order to love it. The vanilla musky drydown works quite well with my body chemistry, making it smell sexy and comforting at the same time. I also like the tartness that gives this perfume a bite.

12th February, 2007

pandabear25's avatar

I wore this over the weekend and I really like it! It was warm and sweet, slightly mysterious and definitely inoffensive. I can see wearing this day or night and all year!

20th September, 2006

F_Frez's avatar

Before smelled it for the first time and based only on the name "Hypnose" and the oriental-woody family it belongs, I though this fragrance would be a very strong, dark, disco-night kind of parfum. Surprisingly, it has a very nice start with a fruity flowered note (passiflora flower... a "maracuja"???) and the base note is a very soft and sweet vanilla. It's very suitable for daytime and office use, even on summer time. Seems to be better aimed for a younger range of age, under 40 years old.

19th June, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar

This scent is advertised as a floral-oriental which gave me the notion it would be a heavier complex mix...but not so! This is a simple, light blend of passionflower & vanilla absolut with an airy sort of vetiver base. In fact, it's the nicest & most wearable feminine vetiver I've ever had the pleasure to spritz! I really like it! It's classy, refreshing, subtle - extremely wearable in any temperature...I would highly recommend giving this one a try.

21st April, 2006 (Last Edited: 17th June, 2009)