Positive Reviews of M by Mariah Carey

This is one of my favorite celebrity fragrances, it smells very...creative. It seems to smell vastly different on different people. On me, when I first spray, it smells like marshmallow, tiare, a little sea breeze, a little gardenia, and amber and patchouli. When it starts drying down, it smells like marshmallow and all three base notes. When it completely dries down, it smells more like patchouli than anything (the spicy, hippie kind, not sweet patchouli!) with moroccan incense and a hint of marshmallow every once in a while. You can easily pick apart the notes in this, the scents don't really blend to smell like a perfume. Rather, they smell like you eat a lot of marshmallows and light moroccan incense in your spare time, and maybe you wear patchouli.
It lasts for a VERY long time. I don't have to put on more throughout the day, and I do like my patchouli strong so that's saying something. The packaging is terribly cheap, I just decant it into something else. It's worth trying if you like strong and unique, just keep in mind it might not smell as deep on you as it does on others!
19th March, 2016
This fragrance is a little different from your typical celebrity scents. When you first smell this, you can sense the creativity and thought that had gone into this perfume's composition.

Combining the saltiness of the ocean and the sugary sweetness of the marshmallow, M creates a scent that is both mature and fresh. The fragrance is in no way cloying, it is actually rather intimate as it stays close to the skin.

After a few hours this fragrance warms into a soft vanilla and incense, which is incredibly soothing and calm.

Because of this perfume's aquatic notes, I think this would make a great beach or Summery scent. The lasting power is excellent and the fragrance is very feminine and sensual. The bottle design is also quite beautiful, and the butterfly lid adds a sense of playfulness and vitality.

26th April, 2011
I like it ! M is a soft woody floriental on me that will be very wearable in home/work/shopping scenerios too strong for church though.I'll be getting a bottle this week.
19th April, 2010

Surprisingly I like this scent! It's very feminine. At first I thought this fragrance would be nauseatingly sweet because of the marshmallows, but I was amazed. Actually I think its the marshmallows that give the perfume its predominate, moderate sweetness; it also gives the florally redolence of gardenia a kick to it's pleasantness. It's as though these two notes harmonize one to the other. Let me explain: Before smelling M or any other fragrance for that matter, yet being aware that other fragrances had gourmand notes, I thought the smell of them would be absolutely tacky smelling or that they would just overwhelm the natural scents. I could be jumping to conclusions but, now, hopefully, to me most scents with gourmand notes, I like, will just smell like the natural aromas, yet only enhanced by them.
The design of the bottle is a bit tawdry, but the color of it is lovely. Purple is my most favorite color, especially this deep, bright, lavender hue.
16th April, 2008