Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

A fig fragrance that to me, is not overly cloying. Just enough citrus to make it clean and refreshing. A delightful summer scent. Reminds me of warm, sunny days, with not "a care in the world" type, happiness. More feminine than masculine IMO. Moderate longevity.
19th May, 2017
This smells absolutely fantastic! The reason I'm giving it the thumbs down is because I couldn't smell it after 30 minutes. There's no way I'd pay 100 clams for a hoity toity room scent. I love AdP, but this won't be going into my collection.
29th December, 2016
numcks Show all reviews
This one really grabs you from the start. Incredible opening blast of bitterish, ultra-zesty grapefruit/bergamot/citron played beautifully against a very authentic fig note. As the zest quiets down, the bitterish edge is retained to counter-balance the sweetness of the fig. This chord, further given atmospheric complement by a touch of aromatic jasmine and glimpses of cedar and pepper is fairly linear for the rest of the development. Excellent choice for an invigorating summer scent!
11th August, 2016

One of the most realistic,natural smelling fig I've ever smelled.it is extremely fresh,creamy,leafy and citrusy has all aspects of the fig.smells like beautiful Mediterranean gardens,take you to summer. wonderfully refreshing you feel awake to nature fully in the moment but not aquatic.reminds me of an elegant blond woman.Sophisticated,Smooth,Clean,Sweet, Enchanting,Sublime,Delightful,Soothing and Perfectly Unisex.

Head note is defined by a dynamic and fizzy dash of fresh lemon and bergamot orchards of the blue island where parties were held while particular glossy fig with a dry wood note and a hint of rich earth capturing the fresh leaves of the tree a walk in the cool gray morning through a garden with a big glass of citrus and fig infused iced tea.easy to wear and can be worn in spring and summer.if you are looking for a very earthy natural fig try it.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Average on my skin.

7.25/10
09th August, 2016
A fruity citrus that is neither heady nor cloying with just right power, projection, and longevity to make it an excellent adjunct to my eaux de cologne wardrobe. I've worn it for several days and will be ordering a full bottle.

Although it's a obviously a fig-based fragrance, on me it's not the very straightforward accords I get from Premier Figuier of L'Artisan Parfumeur or Heely's Figuier. Its delicate citrus opening morphs quickly into a much sweeter, closer-to-the-skin scent than either of those two.

In this scent, I find the same personal pleasure that I do in a traditional eau de cologne, but with greater longevity. (Its composition really does veer into and out of EDC territory very deftly). That said, I never found it heady or overwhelming, something one might expect from a sweeter scent. I consider myself somewhat sensitive to that, too.

For a warm weather, cheerful, sweeter alternative to traditional EDCs, I'd recommend giving it a try.
19th July, 2016
A very nice fresh scent with the sweet smell of fig. Whats also nice is the light green accord like your smelling the stem of a plant. It goes very nicely with the fresh sweet smell.
14th July, 2016
Summer fig with a nice touch of grapefruit. Can basically be worn in all types of warm weather IMO. Compliments off the roof. 7.5/10
11th July, 2015
Fico di Amalfi is not so much of a fig-centric fragrance as it is a balance of fig and citrus. The fig note itself is not so sweet, perhaps coming more from the leaf than the fruit itself, and I get mostly bergamot out of the citrus, which is semi-bitter overall, but apparently comprised of several citrus fruits per the note listing.

The pink pepper and cedar are noticeable, as well, to provide spiciness and sweetness/woodiness, respectively. Rounded out to a decent warm weather daytime fragrance, Fico di Amalfi is neither a gourmand nor strictly a citrus, and in that respect is something pleasantly in the middle.

Projection and longevity are again nothing to write home about, decent, on par with the other ADP Blus. Perhaps it's worth noting that I've overall gotten better performance out of the Colonia series than the Blu series.

Something different but not particularly moving, Fico di Amalfi is another angle in the Blu series with another featured note, but not one I'd reach for.

6 out of 10
16th June, 2015
sly303 Show all reviews
Wow! what a fantastic blend of fig and citrus! Can't get enough of this one and certainly puts a smile on my face everytime I wear it. I was interested to check the 'ones that make you smile' threads and, no surprise; it features a fair bit.

I get top notes of citrus, sweet fruits then quickly into the heart note... the fig.
The longevity is not great I have to say but very typical of a citrus fresh fragrance so you can't really ask for much more. I'd say 4 hours max.

Perfect for the spring, summer and lazy days by the pool :-)

2 x compliments the first day I wore it

05th April, 2015
I just love Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi. The opening is very fresh, the fig and citruses make it smell sweet and delicious. Very light, perfect for the office or just hanging out during the day. I know it contains a lot of fig but I also smell guava and I love it. It is perfect for the summer months.
23rd July, 2014
Wow, I love this! It's fresh without being astringently green, unusual without being weird, cheerful without being too fruity, and generally just a delightful, sophisticated unisex fragrance. I have a sample of this and it will be my next full bottle splurge. The downside is that like all the other fragrances I really love (CB I Hate Perfume's Russian Caravan Tea, Byredo's Bal D'Afrique) it doesn't last very long. However, it is also significantly less expensive than either of those, so it doesn't seem quite as annoying.
28th April, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
From the beginning I am getting a delightful fig. There is a bit of bergamot and fig in the background, but this is not a refreshing Cologne on my skin, it is a fig scent. Later a bit of jasmine and a whiff of wood arenpresent in the drydown, but there is little longitudinal development. Nevertheless the fig is if great quality and quite straightforward. Decent silage and projection for the first three hours, then very close to my skin. Total longevity of nearly five hours. In spite of the limited development this is nice straight fig fragrance for warmer days.
03rd February, 2014
This is definitely a fragrance that both men and women can enjoy. There is one level to this beautiful juice, it is all fig, lemon and maybe grapefruit. I spent many summers of my young adulthood on the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento. Fico Di Amalfi brings it all back, and when I feel nostalgia for Bella Italia, I spray it on and am momentarily transported. I smell a marked similarity to Arancia Di Capri (also in the Blu Mediterraneo line) and was torn between the two, eventually settling on that rarer fig smell. The only drawback for me is the lack of longevity, but it will never stop me spraying.
23rd January, 2014

Nice just nice, more powdery but less milky than the Annick Goutal's Ninfe Mio.
10th December, 2013
Great Summer Scent

Fico di Amalfi is unique in its own kind for being able to represent an energizing effect in the beginning and stays comforting as the fragrance itself moves to its dry down, as it would became sweeter and a hint of jasmine could be felt in the background, before settles down into cedar and musk sweetness - but still heavy on fig. Smells so natural and smooth, nothing synthetic and not even close to Hermes Jardin Mediterranee, they both are a great scent that stand on its own ground. Hermes had a sweeter and 'gritty' and more dominated by fig leaf when Fico di Amalfi is smoother and dominated by fig fruit and Amalfi lemon.

Even if the staying power is quite good - let's say 3 or 4 hours and only moderately projects, I can say nothing but good words about it, this fragrance is almost never tiring, always cheers me up and left me with a smile, thanks to the fact that it's so sophisticated and well build

Pros: scent quality, unique on its own rights
Cons: longevity, projection are fairly moderate to low"

19th October, 2013
This is ADP Colonia's fig version - a barbershop fig. To my nose, it's mainly fig and soap. The opening is a citrus fig, which gives way to a round, soapy fig.
30th April, 2013
A very neat citrus/fig/light wood combination. Not milky&sweet like Marc Jacobs, it is a go for admirers of Dune and Phylosikos.

Infact i like all the Blu Mediterraneo series, they are more than OK with a reasonable price. This one is one of the best in the series and perfect for spring/summer and office.
04th April, 2013
Very nice, kind of summery ......refreshing !
06th March, 2013
where was this gem hiding? what a scent.
This could be the best fragrance i ever had. very natural with quite good sillage. The figs note is notable and the bergamot is balanced with musk.

highly recommend summer/spring scent.
10th January, 2013
green figs and lemon. The summer is hot and this one is a very refreshening fragrance. Good mix of green and citrusy notes; I must confess that at the end of the bottle I was bored of it, but the reason is the very neat personality of this EdT, you can deeply love but maybe not forever. Good, not excellent anyway.
22nd September, 2012
I think this is a nice fig scent.
It starts with good citrus notes, which quickly change to the peachy sort of notes typical of bergemot. These have good duration, and combine well with the leafy and stalky notes of fig. The scent is refreshing and pleasant, and green. Everything is in balance and it is not sweet. It wears well and has good longevity. Simple, clear, basic perhaps but well done.
16th September, 2012
drseid Show all reviews
Fico di Amalfi opens with a brief shot of lemon before switching to a combination of citron and sparkling grapefruit that almost smells pear-like. The grapefruit and citron remain into the early heart notes now joined by a fig note with slight almost unnoticeable jasmine support. The grapefruit and citron combo finally recedes in the late heart and the fig takes over from here-on out, only coupling with a bit of light musk from the base. Projection and longevity are both average.

I hate swimming against the tide of love this scent engenders, but I find it somewhat boring. The opening is not particularly striking as in many of the regular Acqua di Parma main line scents, and once the fig arrives, the scent becomes somewhat of a one trick boring act. The bottom line is like the other Blu Mediterraneo scent I reviewed yesterday (Bergamotto) I find Fico di Amalfi pleasant smelling, but that is about it and am wondering if we are seeing an early trend of mediocrity for the Blu line. Similar to its cousin, this one gets an average 2.5 star out of 5 rating. Not recommended to anyone but the most ardent fig lovers.
05th August, 2012
It's a citrus and fig fragrance with that same sweet shampoo glaze that Capri Orange has, or Arancia di Capri, or whatever. Yay! I like Fico di Amalfi better because the bitter grapefruit combined with the fig make this interesting and yet it still has a casual vibe about it. This also has a bit more longevity and sillage than Arancia, but just a bit.
20th March, 2012
I love the grapefruit top note. Even after it receded from prominence, the grapefruit's pleasantly bitter/sour essence stayed in the mix balancing out the rich fig. If you're looking for a summer fragrance minus the big sweet citrus top note, this might be the ticket.
Two caveats:
This is a fairly light scent so don't expect big sillage.
Fico di Amalfi is definitely a warm weather scent and I'm currently wearing it on a cool, very dry midwinter day so its longevity has been curtailed. I anticipate that the midsummer heat and humidity we experience here in the SE US will keep it alive much longer.
26th February, 2012
I suppose we've all heard by now that there really isn't an essential fig smell (figs don't really have much of a smell until they're cooked into jam or something), so fig perfumes are almost always made with a mix of coconut and tarragon, which actually does a good job of emulating figs. Fico di Amalfi is no exception, but it avoids the I-don't-want-to-smell-like-coconut trap by pairing its fig mixture with a huge overdose of citrus, a bright juicy concoction that calls to mind oranges mixed with grapefruit, with hints of pineapple and peach poking through, too. As such, Fico di Amalfi is bright and summery and refreshing - sweet but juicy and puckery enough to not feel too immature.

By the base, it comes down to a subtle mix of tarragon and tea-smelling bay leaves over a subtle creamy sweetness that calls to mind fig sap, with just a touch of petitgrain to give some continuity to the citrus topnotes and lend a touch of woody depth.

Fico di Amalfi is my personal favorite fig scent, but that mostly because I'm a sucker for juicy citruses and I don't care much for plainer fig perfumes, but I do think it's a nice one, perhaps a fig scent for people who don't like fig scents.
05th December, 2011
A light, unanbitious yet remarkably honest fig composition enriched by a catchy grapefruit note on top and laying on a clean musky/woody base. Fico Di Amalfi carefully avoids the coconut effect by enhancing the leafy aspect of the main element and pairing it with a slight dose of pink pepper. Well creafted and extremely easy to wear. In this context it could represent a valid option for anyone who's looking for a spring/summer fragrance at a reasonable price. If you don't expect something groundbreaking, you won't be disappointed. Nice.
15th November, 2011
Surprising soapy fruity-floral with a cool musky-fig final accord. This fragrance is perfect for a summer holiday while you go around for alleys and small touristic shops and ports dressed in white-bleu clothes with a sailor-like style. The beginning is refreshing and dry with its citrusy blast with the predominance of grapefruit than the fragrance fades in something less dry, soft and musky-floral with a notable dusty influence of the fig note and the floral smoothness of the jasmine. The fig, in its link with jasmine, is the feature of the final outcome with its mild and edible dirty-dusty taste. All around, while drinking a refreshing cocktail in the first summer afternoon time, you exudes a cool, dreamy and indolent aura with the typical prettiness of the right taste for the beautiful life.
02nd July, 2011 (last edited: 22nd November, 2011)
The moment I smelt Fico di Amalfi I must have been in a trance. I immediately pictured myself on a quiet, tropical beach on a hot Summer's day sipping a refreshing, fruity beverage.

Although this is the first Acqua di Parma fragrance I've tried, I am already impressed by the quality and creativity that went into creating their scents.

I often dislike the Summer months because I can never find a scent that works with my chemistry or one that appeals to me. In most cases fruity florals, aquatics and citrusy fragrances aren't my cup of tea. However, Fico di Amalfi is more than just a fruity floral fragrance.

Obviously, for the price and the name, this fragrance is definitely not cheap smelling. Fico di Amalfi is sweet, almost like sugared candy, however this scent is in no way artificial.

The fig note in this fragrance is delightful and it works well with the other notes in this scent, especially the citrus. Without the fig notes, Fico di Amalfi would have lost its charm.

I really love how the pink pepper gives this fragrance that extra something, that extra kick while the jasmine makes this scent so feminine and comforting. Fico di Amalfi is successful in achieving that relaxed holiday atmosphere through scent.

I have no qualms with the lasting power, it lasted really well on my skin, and even better, the scent worked well with my skin chemistry.

I will definitely be considering this fragrance for my collection when the weather heats up. I can't think of a better choice for the swealtering heat over here in Australia.

04th June, 2011
It opens with an note of orange the pungent scent of grapefruit dries down
to an zesty accord of Lemon the pink pepper note is less predominate then
in gucci Envy me or Naomi Campball's
Seductive Elixer and Cat Deluxe with
Kisses the one of my earlier reveiews
fails to catch on. Fig is the predominate note in this scent how to
describe it it's pretty complex to me
in my senses it's semi-sweet with an earthy accord' but unfortunitly it does'nt last long and the grape fruit and lemon makes it smell like a bit wood polish but an interesting scent.

The packaging and color reminds me of The Luc Besson Movie Le Grand Bleu.
everytime i wear this i think of of the
movie and the Charactor who played
Jacques Mayol Jean Marc Barr *sighs*
14th December, 2010
Really wanted to like this one; bright citrus opening (dominated by grapefruit to my nose) but soon dries down to become a sweet rather cloying scent. I certainly wouldn't call this one 'refreshing', as the citrus notes are gone so quickly. It's a very black and white progression: citrus then sweet. Not for me, but not quite a thumbs down.
19th October, 2010