Positive Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

Find out more about Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

From the beginning I am getting a delightful fig. There is a bit of bergamot and fig in the background, but this is not a refreshing Cologne on my skin, it is a fig scent. Later a bit of jasmine and a whiff of wood arenpresent in the drydown, but there is little longitudinal development. Nevertheless the fig is if great quality and quite straightforward. Decent silage and projection for the first three hours, then very close to my skin. Total longevity of nearly five hours. In spite of the limited development this is nice straight fig fragrance for warmer days.

03 February, 2014

Lisa DP's avatar
    Lisa DP

This is definitely a fragrance that both men and women can enjoy. There is one level to this beautiful juice, it is all fig, lemon and maybe grapefruit. I spent many summers of my young adulthood on the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento. Fico Di Amalfi brings it all back, and when I feel nostalgia for Bella Italia, I spray it on and am momentarily transported. I smell a marked similarity to Arancia Di Capri (also in the Blu Mediterraneo line) and was torn between the two, eventually settling on that rarer fig smell. The only drawback for me is the lack of longevity, but it will never stop me spraying.

23 January, 2014

anrat's avatar
    anrat
    Indonesia Indonesia

Nice just nice, more powdery but less milky than the Annick Goutal's Ninfe Mio.

10th December, 2013

reinhard5490's avatar
    reinhard5490
    Netherlands Netherlands

Great Summer Scent

Fico di Amalfi is unique in its own kind for being able to represent an energizing effect in the beginning and stays comforting as the fragrance itself moves to its dry down, as it would became sweeter and a hint of jasmine could be felt in the background, before settles down into cedar and musk sweetness - but still heavy on fig. Smells so natural and smooth, nothing synthetic and not even close to Hermes Jardin Mediterranee, they both are a great scent that stand on its own ground. Hermes had a sweeter and 'gritty' and more dominated by fig leaf when Fico di Amalfi is smoother and dominated by fig fruit and Amalfi lemon.

Even if the staying power is quite good - let's say 3 or 4 hours and only moderately projects, I can say nothing but good words about it, this fragrance is almost never tiring, always cheers me up and left me with a smile, thanks to the fact that it's so sophisticated and well build

Pros: scent quality, unique on its own rights
    Cons: longevity, projection are fairly moderate to low"

19 October, 2013

leto's avatar
    leto
    Turkey Turkey

A very neat citrus/fig/light wood combination. Not milky&sweet like Marc Jacobs, it is a go for admirers of Dune and Phylosikos.

Infact i like all the Blu Mediterraneo series, they are more than OK with a reasonable price. This one is one of the best in the series and perfect for spring/summer and office.

04 April, 2013

1974mike's avatar
    1974mike

Very nice, kind of summery ......refreshing !

06 March, 2013

heo's avatar
    heo
    Norway Norway

where was this gem hiding? what a scent.
    This could be the best fragrance i ever had. very natural with quite good sillage. The figs note is notable and the bergamot is balanced with musk.

highly recommend summer/spring scent.

10th January, 2013

giuspa's avatar
    giuspa

green figs and lemon. The summer is hot and this one is a very refreshening fragrance. Good mix of green and citrusy notes; I must confess that at the end of the bottle I was bored of it, but the reason is the very neat personality of this EdT, you can deeply love but maybe not forever. Good, not excellent anyway.

22 September, 2012

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

I think this is a nice fig scent.
    It starts with good citrus notes, which quickly change to the peachy sort of notes typical of bergemot. These have good duration, and combine well with the leafy and stalky notes of fig. The scent is refreshing and pleasant, and green. Everything is in balance and it is not sweet. It wears well and has good longevity. Simple, clear, basic perhaps but well done.

16 September, 2012

Sunsetspawn's avatar
    Sunsetspawn

It's a citrus and fig fragrance with that same sweet shampoo glaze that Capri Orange has, or Arancia di Capri, or whatever. Yay! I like Fico di Amalfi better because the bitter grapefruit combined with the fig make this interesting and yet it still has a casual vibe about it. This also has a bit more longevity and sillage than Arancia, but just a bit.

20th March, 2012

Symphonies's avatar
    Symphonies

I love the grapefruit top note. Even after it receded from prominence, the grapefruit's pleasantly bitter/sour essence stayed in the mix balancing out the rich fig. If you're looking for a summer fragrance minus the big sweet citrus top note, this might be the ticket.
    Two caveats:
    This is a fairly light scent so don't expect big sillage.
    Fico di Amalfi is definitely a warm weather scent and I'm currently wearing it on a cool, very dry midwinter day so its longevity has been curtailed. I anticipate that the midsummer heat and humidity we experience here in the SE US will keep it alive much longer.

26 February, 2012

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

I suppose we've all heard by now that there really isn't an essential fig smell (figs don't really have much of a smell until they're cooked into jam or something), so fig perfumes are almost always made with a mix of coconut and tarragon, which actually does a good job of emulating figs. Fico di Amalfi is no exception, but it avoids the I-don't-want-to-smell-like-coconut trap by pairing its fig mixture with a huge overdose of citrus, a bright juicy concoction that calls to mind oranges mixed with grapefruit, with hints of pineapple and peach poking through, too. As such, Fico di Amalfi is bright and summery and refreshing - sweet but juicy and puckery enough to not feel too immature.

By the base, it comes down to a subtle mix of tarragon and tea-smelling bay leaves over a subtle creamy sweetness that calls to mind fig sap, with just a touch of petitgrain to give some continuity to the citrus topnotes and lend a touch of woody depth.

Fico di Amalfi is my personal favorite fig scent, but that mostly because I'm a sucker for juicy citruses and I don't care much for plainer fig perfumes, but I do think it's a nice one, perhaps a fig scent for people who don't like fig scents.

05 December, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

A light, unanbitious yet remarkably honest fig composition enriched by a catchy grapefruit note on top and laying on a clean musky/woody base. Fico Di Amalfi carefully avoids the coconut effect by enhancing the leafy aspect of the main element and pairing it with a slight dose of pink pepper. Well creafted and extremely easy to wear. In this context it could represent a valid option for anyone who's looking for a spring/summer fragrance at a reasonable price. If you don't expect something groundbreaking, you won't be disappointed. Nice.

15 November, 2011

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Surprising soapy fruity-floral with a cool musky-fig final accord. This fragrance is perfect for a summer holiday while you go around for alleys and small touristic shops and ports dressed in white-bleu clothes with a sailor-like style. The beginning is refreshing and dry with its citrusy blast with the predominance of grapefruit than the fragrance fades in something less dry, soft and musky-floral with a notable dusty influence of the fig note and the floral smoothness of the jasmine. The fig, in its link with jasmine, is the feature of the final outcome with its mild and edible dirty-dusty taste. All around, while drinking a refreshing cocktail in the first summer afternoon time, you exudes a cool, dreamy and indolent aura with the typical prettiness of the right taste for the beautiful life.

02 July, 2011 (Last Edited: 22 November, 2011)

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

The moment I smelt Fico di Amalfi I must have been in a trance. I immediately pictured myself on a quiet, tropical beach on a hot Summer's day sipping a refreshing, fruity beverage.

Although this is the first Acqua di Parma fragrance I've tried, I am already impressed by the quality and creativity that went into creating their scents.

I often dislike the Summer months because I can never find a scent that works with my chemistry or one that appeals to me. In most cases fruity florals, aquatics and citrusy fragrances aren't my cup of tea. However, Fico di Amalfi is more than just a fruity floral fragrance.

Obviously, for the price and the name, this fragrance is definitely not cheap smelling. Fico di Amalfi is sweet, almost like sugared candy, however this scent is in no way artificial.

The fig note in this fragrance is delightful and it works well with the other notes in this scent, especially the citrus. Without the fig notes, Fico di Amalfi would have lost its charm.

I really love how the pink pepper gives this fragrance that extra something, that extra kick while the jasmine makes this scent so feminine and comforting. Fico di Amalfi is successful in achieving that relaxed holiday atmosphere through scent.

I have no qualms with the lasting power, it lasted really well on my skin, and even better, the scent worked well with my skin chemistry.

I will definitely be considering this fragrance for my collection when the weather heats up. I can't think of a better choice for the swealtering heat over here in Australia.

04 June, 2011

Weimar27's avatar
    Weimar27

It opens with an note of orange the pungent scent of grapefruit dries down
    to an zesty accord of Lemon the pink pepper note is less predominate then
    in gucci Envy me or Naomi Campball's
    Seductive Elixer and Cat Deluxe with
    Kisses the one of my earlier reveiews
    fails to catch on. Fig is the predominate note in this scent how to
    describe it it's pretty complex to me
    in my senses it's semi-sweet with an earthy accord' but unfortunitly it does'nt last long and the grape fruit and lemon makes it smell like a bit wood polish but an interesting scent.

The packaging and color reminds me of The Luc Besson Movie Le Grand Bleu.
    everytime i wear this i think of of the
    movie and the Charactor who played
    Jacques Mayol Jean Marc Barr *sighs*

14 December, 2010

prosecute's avatar
    prosecute
    Brazil Brazil

Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi smells of beach joy!
    Although it's a sweet fragrance, it's very manly and self-assertive. The opening is very soothing and elegant, and you soon realize what you have before your nose. Its dry down is highly cozy, but longevity doesn't seem to be FdA's forte.
    I would recommend it especially for day wear or during summer time, but FdA wouldn't play a bad role in the evening.

By the way, this is the only Blu Mediterraneo scent that doesn't make me seasick indeed.

21st May, 2010

Mar Azul's avatar
    Mar Azul
    Bulgaria Bulgaria

It's green like the leaves of the fig tree, or the newly grown branches, or the figs when they're still not too ripe. I think that's why people say that it smells simple - because it smells so real, every note in it is partto the same landscape, same idyllic picture, so natural, that it's hard to think of it as someone's creation. Yet, there's no such exact smell in nature and there are many things happening in this scent. Especially when it settles, I can't stop smelling it on my skin and it always lifts my mood and makes me think of beautiful things, not only fruits or trees but people, and sun, and happy life. Favourite for the summer, even when it's rainy. Even more favourite on very hot skin, mixed with sea salt at the beach.

19 September, 2009

jalexhrovat's avatar
    jalexhrovat

Very, very citrusy. Couldn't imagine wearing it at any other time than during the warmer months. My wife liked it very much, so I might consider getting it...but it reminded me much of Happy except with a more natural citrus scent.

28 June, 2009

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

One of the better Blu Mediterraneo entries, but still handicapped by the longevity issue. The citrus elements seem rich and textured, never feeling contrived or unbalanced. A very natural feeling fragrance that perhaps has to pay the price of brevity for its undoubted organic charms. As a clement weather mood elevator this is a definite success.

20th March, 2009

Astaroth's avatar
    Astaroth

I'm also in that category of people who love fig fragrances. This is a bright, sweet, ripe fig. But the fragrance also takes a lot of its character from its tart citrus top notes. It's very well-done, but longevity is an issue here. This is probably not too surprising, with so much of the fragrance resting on its top notes. In any case, this is currently my favorite fig fragrance, with Diptyque´s Philosykos a very close second.

20th December, 2008

Έπίκουρος's avatar
    Έπίκουρος

I love citrus and fig scents so I keep smelling this stuff until it fades away, shortlived but great and uplifting for me, like all cologne smells great and fresh for a few time and reapply is the way to go. I love most of the blu mediterraneo line, except the almond one, they are sunny and natural no chemical or artificial to my nose , they reminds me of holydays in southern italy country.

31st October, 2008

thecheekyscamp's avatar
    thecheekyscamp

Let me just preface this by saying I love figs. I mean I REALLY love them. This stuff smells like sweet baby figs in a citrusy sauce. Basically I want to eat it. The citrus notes stop this being a one trick pony, whilst keeping the scent light and fresh. As others have noted (and as i've found with other AdP scents) it lasts less than an hour, which is a real shame.

06 September, 2008

Nukapai's avatar
    Nukapai

This is an accomplished, fresh, extremely wearable fig with enough of a citrus-kick to pep up the hottest, muggiest day. Diptyque's fig scent is a more "pure" fig, if you like, but I do think there is room for both (unlike some have suggested below).

Fico di Amalfi body lotion is such a treat layered underneath too; absolutely mouthwatering, zingy and fresh. Completely unisex too, although on a man, I can see this scent being little less sweet and perhaps a tad more "humdrum".

03 August, 2008

natacha's avatar
    natacha

A ray of sunshine for my 2007-08 winter. A very good fig scent, and I love the citrus that surround it. The scent is more complex than I expected it to be, but not long lasting enough. However, even when I go a little overboard with the quantity, I only get compliments. That could be the downside...

18 January, 2008 (Last Edited: 15 July, 2008)

CEH's avatar
    CEH

I wish the scent lasted longer. On a rather warm spring morning, I sprayed myself all over with this scent. I enjoyed the whole 20 minutes it lasted. The fig notes are not overpowering and only enhance the extremely brief citrus notes. This scent needs a stronger foundation to place it in the excellent category but for those looking for a very light spritz on a warm day, this does the trick.

28 April, 2007

MonkeyManMatt's avatar
    MonkeyManMatt
    Sweden Sweden

There comes a time in the life of every fragrance aficionado when you choose your prefered fig, just like your sandalwood, musk, patchouli or vetiver of choice. In fact I´d go as far as claiming that fig, or more correctly fig leaf, is the one note that has become a benchmark for numerous houses the last decade. Shortly, many houses feel they have to represent this increasingly popular ingredient in their ranges. And subsequently we have a lot to choose from: Diptyque´s Philosykos, L'Artisans Premier Figuier, Hermès´s mediterranean garden, Marc Jacobs for men, Davidoff's GoodLife, Salvatore Ferragamo's pour homme, Christian Dior's Dune for men - the list goes on. Therefore it´s fairly easy to compare within this category and find the individual merits of each fragrance. The Acqua di Parma people (like most of the time) certainly suceeded with their take. Immediately upon application you´ll sense that Fico di Amalfi is a tad more synthetic compared to Diptyque's and L'Artisan's juices, but definitely less artificial smelling then Hermès´s and Marc Jacobs dito. Overall this slightly synthetic touch doesn´t hurt the fragrance or it´s general feel. There is a bit of that same dryness as with most fig-leaf based scents, but FdA also adds a luscious sweetness of crushed fig pulp to the mix along with a sparkling touch of jasmin. Longevity is excellent although the fragrances is very linear, but I think this is the point with the entire Blu Mediterraneo series, simple, few-note, feel good fragrances at an affordable price. With FdA they continue the good vibe that started with their excellent roasted almond gourmand and the uplifting piney freshness of their Tuscan Cypress. To sum up the charateristics of Fico di Amalfi in comparison to it´s peers and competitors I´d say it´s less dry, mossy and green than Philosykos, lacking the milky almond note from Premier Figuier, completely absent of the acidity in Un Jardin en Mediterranée, avoiding the coconut-sun-tan-lotion bonanza of Marc Jacobs - but instead sporting a fleshy-fruit sweetness and a plesant cedar base balancing the composition very well. Also the staying power is probably the best within this genre. A big thumbs up, and just like Guerlains aqua Allegoria line, AdP have found a consequent and interesting aesthetic in this range - Blu Mediterraneo, that will hopefully and probably release more care-free, sunny and high quality fragrances in the future.

31st January, 2007

tvlampboy's avatar
    tvlampboy

Marvelous fig scent -- can't really believe that I like this one so much! (Aside from Philosykos, I normally hate fig notes, esp. as embodied in Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme.)

There's a citrus note here that's incredibly balancing to the sweetness of the fig, and a crispness that's usually overpowered by a cloying quality. Very nice stuff, indeed, and well worth every penny.

03 December, 2006