Positive Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

numcks Show all reviews
This one really grabs you from the start. Incredible opening blast of bitterish, ultra-zesty grapefruit/bergamot/citron played beautifully against a very authentic fig note. As the zest quiets down, the bitterish edge is retained to counter-balance the sweetness of the fig. This chord, further given atmospheric complement by a touch of aromatic jasmine and glimpses of cedar and pepper is fairly linear for the rest of the development. Excellent choice for an invigorating summer scent!
11th August, 2016
One of the most realistic,natural smelling fig I've ever is extremely fresh,creamy,leafy and citrusy has all aspects of the fig.smells like beautiful Mediterranean gardens,take you to summer. wonderfully refreshing you feel awake to nature fully in the moment but not aquatic.reminds me of an elegant blond woman.Sophisticated,Smooth,Clean,Sweet, Enchanting,Sublime,Delightful,Soothing and Perfectly Unisex.

Head note is defined by a dynamic and fizzy dash of fresh lemon and bergamot orchards of the blue island where parties were held while particular glossy fig with a dry wood note and a hint of rich earth capturing the fresh leaves of the tree a walk in the cool gray morning through a garden with a big glass of citrus and fig infused iced tea.easy to wear and can be worn in spring and summer.if you are looking for a very earthy natural fig try it.

Longevity?Average on my skin.

09th August, 2016
A fruity citrus that is neither heady nor cloying with just right power, projection, and longevity to make it an excellent adjunct to my eaux de cologne wardrobe. I've worn it for several days and will be ordering a full bottle.

Although it's a obviously a fig-based fragrance, on me it's not the very straightforward accords I get from Premier Figuier of L'Artisan Parfumeur or Heely's Figuier. Its delicate citrus opening morphs quickly into a much sweeter, closer-to-the-skin scent than either of those two.

In this scent, I find the same personal pleasure that I do in a traditional eau de cologne, but with greater longevity. (Its composition really does veer into and out of EDC territory very deftly). That said, I never found it heady or overwhelming, something one might expect from a sweeter scent. I consider myself somewhat sensitive to that, too.

For a warm weather, cheerful, sweeter alternative to traditional EDCs, I'd recommend giving it a try.
19th July, 2016

A very nice fresh scent with the sweet smell of fig. Whats also nice is the light green accord like your smelling the stem of a plant. It goes very nicely with the fresh sweet smell.
14th July, 2016
Summer fig with a nice touch of grapefruit. Can basically be worn in all types of warm weather IMO. Compliments off the roof. 7.5/10
11th July, 2015
sly303 Show all reviews
Wow! what a fantastic blend of fig and citrus! Can't get enough of this one and certainly puts a smile on my face everytime I wear it. I was interested to check the 'ones that make you smile' threads and, no surprise; it features a fair bit.

I get top notes of citrus, sweet fruits then quickly into the heart note... the fig.
The longevity is not great I have to say but very typical of a citrus fresh fragrance so you can't really ask for much more. I'd say 4 hours max.

Perfect for the spring, summer and lazy days by the pool :-)

2 x compliments the first day I wore it

05th April, 2015
I just love Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi. The opening is very fresh, the fig and citruses make it smell sweet and delicious. Very light, perfect for the office or just hanging out during the day. I know it contains a lot of fig but I also smell guava and I love it. It is perfect for the summer months.
23rd July, 2014
Wow, I love this! It's fresh without being astringently green, unusual without being weird, cheerful without being too fruity, and generally just a delightful, sophisticated unisex fragrance. I have a sample of this and it will be my next full bottle splurge. The downside is that like all the other fragrances I really love (CB I Hate Perfume's Russian Caravan Tea, Byredo's Bal D'Afrique) it doesn't last very long. However, it is also significantly less expensive than either of those, so it doesn't seem quite as annoying.
28th April, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
From the beginning I am getting a delightful fig. There is a bit of bergamot and fig in the background, but this is not a refreshing Cologne on my skin, it is a fig scent. Later a bit of jasmine and a whiff of wood arenpresent in the drydown, but there is little longitudinal development. Nevertheless the fig is if great quality and quite straightforward. Decent silage and projection for the first three hours, then very close to my skin. Total longevity of nearly five hours. In spite of the limited development this is nice straight fig fragrance for warmer days.
03rd February, 2014
This is definitely a fragrance that both men and women can enjoy. There is one level to this beautiful juice, it is all fig, lemon and maybe grapefruit. I spent many summers of my young adulthood on the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento. Fico Di Amalfi brings it all back, and when I feel nostalgia for Bella Italia, I spray it on and am momentarily transported. I smell a marked similarity to Arancia Di Capri (also in the Blu Mediterraneo line) and was torn between the two, eventually settling on that rarer fig smell. The only drawback for me is the lack of longevity, but it will never stop me spraying.
23rd January, 2014
Nice just nice, more powdery but less milky than the Annick Goutal's Ninfe Mio.
10th December, 2013
Great Summer Scent

Fico di Amalfi is unique in its own kind for being able to represent an energizing effect in the beginning and stays comforting as the fragrance itself moves to its dry down, as it would became sweeter and a hint of jasmine could be felt in the background, before settles down into cedar and musk sweetness - but still heavy on fig. Smells so natural and smooth, nothing synthetic and not even close to Hermes Jardin Mediterranee, they both are a great scent that stand on its own ground. Hermes had a sweeter and 'gritty' and more dominated by fig leaf when Fico di Amalfi is smoother and dominated by fig fruit and Amalfi lemon.

Even if the staying power is quite good - let's say 3 or 4 hours and only moderately projects, I can say nothing but good words about it, this fragrance is almost never tiring, always cheers me up and left me with a smile, thanks to the fact that it's so sophisticated and well build

Pros: scent quality, unique on its own rights
Cons: longevity, projection are fairly moderate to low"

19th October, 2013
A very neat citrus/fig/light wood combination. Not milky&sweet like Marc Jacobs, it is a go for admirers of Dune and Phylosikos.

Infact i like all the Blu Mediterraneo series, they are more than OK with a reasonable price. This one is one of the best in the series and perfect for spring/summer and office.
04th April, 2013

Very nice, kind of summery ......refreshing !
06th March, 2013
where was this gem hiding? what a scent.
This could be the best fragrance i ever had. very natural with quite good sillage. The figs note is notable and the bergamot is balanced with musk.

highly recommend summer/spring scent.
10th January, 2013
green figs and lemon. The summer is hot and this one is a very refreshening fragrance. Good mix of green and citrusy notes; I must confess that at the end of the bottle I was bored of it, but the reason is the very neat personality of this EdT, you can deeply love but maybe not forever. Good, not excellent anyway.
22nd September, 2012
I think this is a nice fig scent.
It starts with good citrus notes, which quickly change to the peachy sort of notes typical of bergemot. These have good duration, and combine well with the leafy and stalky notes of fig. The scent is refreshing and pleasant, and green. Everything is in balance and it is not sweet. It wears well and has good longevity. Simple, clear, basic perhaps but well done.
16th September, 2012
It's a citrus and fig fragrance with that same sweet shampoo glaze that Capri Orange has, or Arancia di Capri, or whatever. Yay! I like Fico di Amalfi better because the bitter grapefruit combined with the fig make this interesting and yet it still has a casual vibe about it. This also has a bit more longevity and sillage than Arancia, but just a bit.
20th March, 2012
I love the grapefruit top note. Even after it receded from prominence, the grapefruit's pleasantly bitter/sour essence stayed in the mix balancing out the rich fig. If you're looking for a summer fragrance minus the big sweet citrus top note, this might be the ticket.
Two caveats:
This is a fairly light scent so don't expect big sillage.
Fico di Amalfi is definitely a warm weather scent and I'm currently wearing it on a cool, very dry midwinter day so its longevity has been curtailed. I anticipate that the midsummer heat and humidity we experience here in the SE US will keep it alive much longer.
26th February, 2012
I suppose we've all heard by now that there really isn't an essential fig smell (figs don't really have much of a smell until they're cooked into jam or something), so fig perfumes are almost always made with a mix of coconut and tarragon, which actually does a good job of emulating figs. Fico di Amalfi is no exception, but it avoids the I-don't-want-to-smell-like-coconut trap by pairing its fig mixture with a huge overdose of citrus, a bright juicy concoction that calls to mind oranges mixed with grapefruit, with hints of pineapple and peach poking through, too. As such, Fico di Amalfi is bright and summery and refreshing - sweet but juicy and puckery enough to not feel too immature.

By the base, it comes down to a subtle mix of tarragon and tea-smelling bay leaves over a subtle creamy sweetness that calls to mind fig sap, with just a touch of petitgrain to give some continuity to the citrus topnotes and lend a touch of woody depth.

Fico di Amalfi is my personal favorite fig scent, but that mostly because I'm a sucker for juicy citruses and I don't care much for plainer fig perfumes, but I do think it's a nice one, perhaps a fig scent for people who don't like fig scents.
05th December, 2011
A light, unanbitious yet remarkably honest fig composition enriched by a catchy grapefruit note on top and laying on a clean musky/woody base. Fico Di Amalfi carefully avoids the coconut effect by enhancing the leafy aspect of the main element and pairing it with a slight dose of pink pepper. Well creafted and extremely easy to wear. In this context it could represent a valid option for anyone who's looking for a spring/summer fragrance at a reasonable price. If you don't expect something groundbreaking, you won't be disappointed. Nice.
15th November, 2011
Surprising soapy fruity-floral with a cool musky-fig final accord. This fragrance is perfect for a summer holiday while you go around for alleys and small touristic shops and ports dressed in white-bleu clothes with a sailor-like style. The beginning is refreshing and dry with its citrusy blast with the predominance of grapefruit than the fragrance fades in something less dry, soft and musky-floral with a notable dusty influence of the fig note and the floral smoothness of the jasmine. The fig, in its link with jasmine, is the feature of the final outcome with its mild and edible dirty-dusty taste. All around, while drinking a refreshing cocktail in the first summer afternoon time, you exudes a cool, dreamy and indolent aura with the typical prettiness of the right taste for the beautiful life.
02nd July, 2011 (last edited: 22nd November, 2011)
The moment I smelt Fico di Amalfi I must have been in a trance. I immediately pictured myself on a quiet, tropical beach on a hot Summer's day sipping a refreshing, fruity beverage.

Although this is the first Acqua di Parma fragrance I've tried, I am already impressed by the quality and creativity that went into creating their scents.

I often dislike the Summer months because I can never find a scent that works with my chemistry or one that appeals to me. In most cases fruity florals, aquatics and citrusy fragrances aren't my cup of tea. However, Fico di Amalfi is more than just a fruity floral fragrance.

Obviously, for the price and the name, this fragrance is definitely not cheap smelling. Fico di Amalfi is sweet, almost like sugared candy, however this scent is in no way artificial.

The fig note in this fragrance is delightful and it works well with the other notes in this scent, especially the citrus. Without the fig notes, Fico di Amalfi would have lost its charm.

I really love how the pink pepper gives this fragrance that extra something, that extra kick while the jasmine makes this scent so feminine and comforting. Fico di Amalfi is successful in achieving that relaxed holiday atmosphere through scent.

I have no qualms with the lasting power, it lasted really well on my skin, and even better, the scent worked well with my skin chemistry.

I will definitely be considering this fragrance for my collection when the weather heats up. I can't think of a better choice for the swealtering heat over here in Australia.

04th June, 2011
It opens with an note of orange the pungent scent of grapefruit dries down
to an zesty accord of Lemon the pink pepper note is less predominate then
in gucci Envy me or Naomi Campball's
Seductive Elixer and Cat Deluxe with
Kisses the one of my earlier reveiews
fails to catch on. Fig is the predominate note in this scent how to
describe it it's pretty complex to me
in my senses it's semi-sweet with an earthy accord' but unfortunitly it does'nt last long and the grape fruit and lemon makes it smell like a bit wood polish but an interesting scent.

The packaging and color reminds me of The Luc Besson Movie Le Grand Bleu.
everytime i wear this i think of of the
movie and the Charactor who played
Jacques Mayol Jean Marc Barr *sighs*
14th December, 2010
Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi smells of beach joy!
Although it's a sweet fragrance, it's very manly and self-assertive. The opening is very soothing and elegant, and you soon realize what you have before your nose. Its dry down is highly cozy, but longevity doesn't seem to be FdA's forte.
I would recommend it especially for day wear or during summer time, but FdA wouldn't play a bad role in the evening.

By the way, this is the only Blu Mediterraneo scent that doesn't make me seasick indeed.
21st May, 2010
It's green like the leaves of the fig tree, or the newly grown branches, or the figs when they're still not too ripe. I think that's why people say that it smells simple - because it smells so real, every note in it is partto the same landscape, same idyllic picture, so natural, that it's hard to think of it as someone's creation. Yet, there's no such exact smell in nature and there are many things happening in this scent. Especially when it settles, I can't stop smelling it on my skin and it always lifts my mood and makes me think of beautiful things, not only fruits or trees but people, and sun, and happy life. Favourite for the summer, even when it's rainy. Even more favourite on very hot skin, mixed with sea salt at the beach.
19th September, 2009
Very, very citrusy. Couldn't imagine wearing it at any other time than during the warmer months. My wife liked it very much, so I might consider getting it...but it reminded me much of Happy except with a more natural citrus scent.
28th June, 2009
One of the better Blu Mediterraneo entries, but still handicapped by the longevity issue. The citrus elements seem rich and textured, never feeling contrived or unbalanced. A very natural feeling fragrance that perhaps has to pay the price of brevity for its undoubted organic charms. As a clement weather mood elevator this is a definite success.
20th March, 2009
I'm also in that category of people who love fig fragrances. This is a bright, sweet, ripe fig. But the fragrance also takes a lot of its character from its tart citrus top notes. It's very well-done, but longevity is an issue here. This is probably not too surprising, with so much of the fragrance resting on its top notes. In any case, this is currently my favorite fig fragrance, with Diptyque´s Philosykos a very close second.
20th December, 2008
I love citrus and fig scents so I keep smelling this stuff until it fades away, shortlived but great and uplifting for me, like all cologne smells great and fresh for a few time and reapply is the way to go. I love most of the blu mediterraneo line, except the almond one, they are sunny and natural no chemical or artificial to my nose , they reminds me of holydays in southern italy country.
31st October, 2008