Reviews of Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig

Find out more about Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Darvant's avatar

Quorum Silver is an extremely invigorating accord of spices, musk and woods. Incredibly aromatic....cool..... I read somewhere "a cedar bomb" but I would say better "a cardamom bomb" (anyway, also citrus and cedarwood are key notes). I detect indeed by soon liquid cardamom, ginger (a lot of), citrus (an orangy-lemony accord plus cinnamon), liquid synthetic incense (Iso E driven Incense complementing the cardamom), coriander, peppermint, musk and misty pepper. It's like to smell (for a while) a sort of Ted Lapidus Black Soul but without all that bombastic sweetly-synthetic balminess and with a fluidy woody-dusty-lemony sharper texture. In part also scents as Cartier Declaration and Terre d'Hermes jump on mind for several of their characteristics. The (yet minty-spicy aromatic) dry down is more woody, orangy and slightly vanillic but in a really moderate way. Really not bad.

10th December, 2014 (Last Edited: 12th December, 2014)

NonScents's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Bang-for-buck King - five minutes in, it takes me back to the early 90s and my first forays into the wonders of men's deodorant: a memory of the exoticness of Lynx 'Java' comes back to me (I think it's called Axe in the US and possibly elsewhere).

But yes, a lovely bright cedar, with lots of herbals going on underneath, peppercorn, possibly a bit of mint at the start, the sourness of grapefruit, too.

For the first ten minutes, I can't get anywhere near my skin - it's too much! - I can only waft my nose over my arm from six inches away. Unrefined, synthetic to an extent, but a lovely and well-earned dry-down will greet you at the end of your day, warm woodsy ambers and RAAR!

Try it... you might like it :)

04th November, 2014 (Last Edited: 03rd November, 2014)

tempest moon's avatar

Smooth, dry cedar wood & spicy fresh ginger...

This is a very pleasing and very nice fragrance. It's a cedar surrounded by mandarin, pink pepper, grapefruit, lavender jasmine and amber (with hits of fresh ginger). Warm, smooth and spicy. It may be priced cheap, but it smells expensive. A great choice for men or anyone who wants to wear it. Spicy, woody, ambery musk. Not ground breaking but incredibly nice and sophisticated smelling. You can't go wrong with it. Enough complexity to set it apart from most male-designed fragrances. A good choice which smells modern, sophisticated and not boring at all! Highly recommended from Puig!

02nd November, 2014

nwhite14's avatar

A nice dry down that hits you like a falling CEDAR tree into a ginger / vanilla bush. I am a big fan of most woods and Silver is a great fresh, dry wood frag that works day or night. Like its cousin, Quorum, this is a steal at around $15. Viva Puig!

23rd July, 2014

ClarkScent's avatar

I basically bought this to round out the three quorums. My least favorite of the three but still a good fragrance. I am not really sure why it received the moniker Silver..It smells like grandma's closet but in a good masculine way (think a cedar closet with tools). I don't really wear it that often but like I said, I bought it to unite the Quorum trinity.

29th January, 2014 (Last Edited: 12th February, 2014)

Shifty Bat's avatar

If Gucci Pour Homme smells like church to you then Quorum Silver is running errands or relaxing at home. It's a very similar cedar/ginger/pepper scent upfront but there's no smoke or incense or curious depth. It's also exceedingly dry and sagey, which is in its own way a little refreshing. It makes me think of the climate and landscape of Arizona, if that makes any sense. This is not going to bowl anyone over but perhaps that is the point - a really solid bang for the buck fragrance here, and simple enough for layering with citrus scents.

10th January, 2014

silentrich's avatar

Quorum Silver is a Cedar bomb with a touch of vanilla. That's pretty much all you get with this. Good thing too because this is a great cedar fragrance. This works great in the winter and fall. It isn't an in your face fragrance, but it also could very easily be over sprayed. 2 to 3 sprays and you should be set. This is a great fragrance for the price.

07th November, 2013

MrMookie's avatar

Silver Bullet

Hard to find here in my country.
    Also a blind buy because it was so cheap (13 euro for 100 ml) on the 'few' reviews but dayum! and thank you Antonio Puig!
    Its a deep and masculine scent with cedar n leather but also fresh n spicy.
    If i think of Quorum Silver is see a frosted cedartrees in a winterdry deserted fields, almost an abstract scent. (dont expect this one to be like Puigs Quorum original that one is warmer)
    Great for going out or the office.

Ive had a lot a scents in my life also the cheap ones for testing but this one can be placed on the same shelf of the more expensive ones around.

UPDATE - This scent gets better and better if you use it and in hotter weather conditions.
    Its not a summer scent let me say that clear, but i first used in in the winter and i thought it was more dry,colder, abstract close to skin scent.
    Now using this scent temps above 18 degrees celcius makes it even better! its refreshing and gets herbal and can be used if you are having a headache!
    drydown is great.

pricetag vs quality/longevity/stayingpower/sillage : damn good if not the best!
    the best value for money scent i own now!

Pros: Freshness
    Cons: Can be too dry for some"

25th August, 2013

manicboy's avatar

They might want to add "Light" to the end of the name because when compared to Quorum, it's like the day to Quorum's night. No heavy hand here; just a pure, shining bolt of silver light! Interesting blend of ginger, pink pepper and cedar. Like Quorum, it punches way above its weight. Its cheap as water but smells great. I detect a bit of jealousy from Monsieur Lutens.

25th January, 2013

Old Werewolf's avatar

If you love cedar, this is the juice for you. I LIKE cedar... I don't love cedar.... way too strong...

19th December, 2012

stackcritic's avatar

Run away! I bought this and I dislike it now so much that I had to give it away

03rd June, 2012

Elzéard's avatar

It's like a fizzy, marginally sweeter version of Ferrari Black. In fact, it's far better than than the Ferrari. I like it. It would constitute a very good "have in your bag and take with you anywhere" kind of fragrance. It is also very competitively priced, being about £10 - £15 for a 100 ml in most places.

08th April, 2012

VanAllan's avatar

Romania Romania

As an Azzaro Visit's lover and wearer for some years by now, the notes melted in this Puig creation have strike me as something lovable from the very first sniff.
    Lavender, ginger & pepper are making a good start for this beauty, followed almost instantly by a big cedar note, together with some sweet-smoky nutmeg which stayed on me almost unchanged for at least good 3-4 hrs.
    Make no mistake, cedar is the main actor here so if you don't like cedar, you should probably stay away from this. As for myself, I enjoyed every minute of its development on my skin and I can say that in some parts I like it even more than Visit.
    Dry-down is at a 5-6 hrs distance form top notes with its beautiful sweet and not-cloying notes of guaiac-wood, amber and of course a lot of cedar...
    An underrated fragrance and a very good value for the money. My humble rank: 8/10. Bravo Puig ! Hola to Barcelona!.

29th February, 2012

PerfumeCollector's avatar

I could not tell this fragrance apart from Ferragamo Incanto pour Homme Esential, so if you want to read my review in Quorum Silver just go and read my review in Incanto pH Esential. Both of them are mostly CEDAR, yes, in capital letters, the only difference is that QS is a little stronger and lasts a little longer.
    There are two other fragrances that I find very similar too, those are RSVP by Kenneth Cole and Daddy Yankee, but QS is somewhat a little rounder, velvety in contrast of the sharp edges of YD and even more in RSVP. I like all four but I think QS is the better of them all.

10th April, 2011

maccus's avatar

Thoroughly enjoyable fragrance. It makes me wonder whether some fragrances are either created for, or by smokers; devised to mask the odious pungency of cigarette smoke.
    This is a largely linear fragrance owing to what I presume is the synthetic nature of the cedar. This is not headache inducing despite the seemingly synthetic tones. It begins with a well modulated cedar which might be an amalgam of synthetic ginger, bergamot, lavender and Artemesia. The melange asserts itself as warming notes emerge from the heart but these are subtle and indistinct. I imagine cinnamon and a different tone of cedar which might be a mild patchouli rising from the base. The dry down is the most comforting experience of the fragrance although the 'twang' which I guess is the eponymous 'silver' seems to linger. It might be the lavender. Fortunately, it isn't metallic but it is ever so slightly discordant but not to the extent that I don't enjoy the fragrance.

06th January, 2011 (Last Edited: 06th April, 2012)

Hartman Design's avatar

Late-Hit hit this one on the nail head: Quorum Silver is largely a one-note blast of cedar, with subtle herbal undertones. But I happen to like cedar, and in this fragrance it's done very nicely. Above average persistence and sillage, so go easy!

01st November, 2010

leto's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Absolutely terrible, my worst blind buy ever. This is just cheap synthetic cedar oil mixed with alcohol. Stay away.

04th October, 2010

Late-Hit's avatar

Fortunately, I like cedar, so there's almost no way I can't like Quorum Silver. But it's not a very complex fragrance. For me, it's pretty much a one note chord of CEDAR from beginning to end... and maybe a little dull by itself. So when I don't really want to feel like a sawmill or new chips for the hamster cage, I'll layer Quorum Silver with something that might benefit from a little 'sprucing up'... and zing, a new fragrance is born.

Quorum Silver doesn't have much in common with the original Quorum, as far as I can tell, and the 'Silver' part is a total mystery to me. But no matter... if you want a nice, strong, cheap cedar fragrance, this is good one to get.

28th December, 2009

cheekyhamsta's avatar

An elegant fragrance with just enough bitterness from the cedar notes to swing it into the masculine camp. Not an overly unique smell, but nice and inoffensive nonetheless with good presence. Very versatile and long lasting too, especially suited to be a workhorse or office fragrance. Like the other Quorum scents, this one is a winner with pedigree that can be found at absurdly cheap prices.

04th December, 2009

mst09's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Very good fragrance.This Frag ,same CD sauvage extreme light.

03rd October, 2009

rodent's avatar

France France

I'm getting really tired of these 200% synthetic olfactory-terrorism concoctions powered by the same sweet obnoxious wood-amber V8 engine that's found in almost every cheap EDT since the late nineties. Here is a prime example - and a positively nose-hair-singeing rendition at that. Superficially acceptable in the same way that bad pizza's superficially acceptable (after all, how bad can pizza possibly get) -- but please do everyone a favor and avoid this. There's a reason it's priced at less than $20 for 3oz, you know.

22nd July, 2009

vetkooper's avatar

As a newcomer to the whole fragrance-world, i am a bit conserved when it comes down to sweet smells. But this is done very nice. It has some bitter and citral notes as well, and the combination is rather sparkling and inviting. Th drydown is good but not really as great as the opening in my view.

28th June, 2009

lubolukco's avatar

Very nice frag for a bargain. Never smelled any of the other Puig´ s but I am certainly looking forward to it!

07th June, 2009

Moneysuckle's avatar

I don't think I've come across anything quite like it. Drys down into a gentle leathery/green citrus blend. I enjoy it thoroughly.

08th April, 2009

zenpiper's avatar

Funny thing. This is not an exceptional fragrance in my estimation, but it is extremely pleasant and compelling. It seems like a high-end drugstore fragrance, and that's fine. I am not a snob about these things. I have no idea what's in it, but I like it; it is light, aromatic and lasts a long time. It is also slightly unique, but not breath-takingly so. Still, it's a go-to fragrance for those rare days when I am undecided or want something different.

04th April, 2009 (Last Edited: 11th April, 2009)

boston's avatar

I sprayed it on, and it transported me to about 20 years ago, instantly. There I was with my pet rabbit, opening a fresh package of cedar shavings for his cage. That is the smell, not a dirty cage, but fresh cedar shavings.

And I didn't expect it based on other reviews, but maybe I should have, as they used words like, sweet spicy, pine mixed with spices, woodsy, resinous...yup, cedar shavings!

03rd April, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

Vetiver, amber and some spice. Maybe it's more pine from the combination of amber and spices? Sweet spices maybe... Pretty good.

31st October, 2008

Shade's avatar

Puig does it again! Another fantastic fragrance...among Aqua Quorum and the beast himself, Quorum.

The scent: think grapefruit creamsicle with a tiny hint of pine and orange peels...its like a fragrance smoothie. LOVE IT.

The notes are so well rounded you would expect this to be an expensive purchase, but as with all Puig's sales, decent price. This is perfect for any occassion and people will want to be around you...the other day in a meeting a few young women were hovering very closely and then asked, "what are you wearing? we want to literally eat you up!" Very inviting and not offensive in the least bit. Mature and young at the same time...and the longevity, just unbelievable how Puig makes this stuff last so long. It stays as a linear scent, but there' s nothing wrong with that...you don't want it to change. Each note just plays off each other...its harmonious, but aren't Aqua Quorum and Quorum harmonious as well? Puig knows what he is doing and he does it well.

Quorum Silver is the best kept secret out there....I guess I just let it out. The way I see it, if I can enjoy it this much, others might as well too....if they can find it.

Keep dishing these out, Antonio.

12th October, 2008

zestycool's avatar

I highyl recommend quorum sliver as a good office scent or for formal evening evemts. Had many compliments from this. Both sillage and lasting power is good (but not comparable to quooum) and ive had a few compliments from this one.

As for quorum - lovely lasting power and sillage, and i love it, but many who have been enxt to me have told me that i smell of an 'old uncle'

09th July, 2008

AlexanderRex's avatar

Mine is a novice nose, but there's definitely something special about Quorum Silver. I loved the original Quorum and when I saw this at a local retailer, I thought I'd try it. I was expecting an assertive, dominant scent not unlike the original. What I got was a pleasant but masculine fragrance. It dries down well, and its longevity is excellent. I'm becoming a big fan of Puig's fragrances, and hey ... for the price, how can you lose?

21st April, 2008