Positive Reviews of Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig

Find out more about Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

If Gucci Pour Homme smells like church to you then Quorum Silver is running errands or relaxing at home. It's a very similar cedar/ginger/pepper scent upfront but there's no smoke or incense or curious depth. It's also exceedingly dry and sagey, which is in its own way a little refreshing. It makes me think of the climate and landscape of Arizona, if that makes any sense. This is not going to bowl anyone over but perhaps that is the point - a really solid bang for the buck fragrance here, and simple enough for layering with citrus scents.

10th January, 2014

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

Quorum Silver is a Cedar bomb with a touch of vanilla. That's pretty much all you get with this. Good thing too because this is a great cedar fragrance. This works great in the winter and fall. It isn't an in your face fragrance, but it also could very easily be over sprayed. 2 to 3 sprays and you should be set. This is a great fragrance for the price.

07 November, 2013

MrMookie's avatar
    MrMookie

Silver Bullet

Hard to find here in my country.
    Also a blind buy because it was so cheap (13 euro for 100 ml) on the 'few' reviews but dayum! and thank you Antonio Puig!
    Its a deep and masculine scent with cedar n leather but also fresh n spicy.
    If i think of Quorum Silver is see a frosted cedartrees in a winterdry deserted fields, almost an abstract scent. (dont expect this one to be like Puigs Quorum original that one is warmer)
    Great for going out or the office.

Ive had a lot a scents in my life also the cheap ones for testing but this one can be placed on the same shelf of the more expensive ones around.

UPDATE - This scent gets better and better if you use it and in hotter weather conditions.
    Its not a summer scent let me say that clear, but i first used in in the winter and i thought it was more dry,colder, abstract close to skin scent.
    Now using this scent temps above 18 degrees celcius makes it even better! its refreshing and gets herbal and can be used if you are having a headache!
    drydown is great.

pricetag vs quality/longevity/stayingpower/sillage : damn good if not the best!
    the best value for money scent i own now!

Pros: Freshness
    Cons: Can be too dry for some"

25 August, 2013

manicboy's avatar
    manicboy

They might want to add "Light" to the end of the name because when compared to Quorum, it's like the day to Quorum's night. No heavy hand here; just a pure, shining bolt of silver light! Interesting blend of ginger, pink pepper and cedar. Like Quorum, it punches way above its weight. Its cheap as water but smells great. I detect a bit of jealousy from Monsieur Lutens.

25 January, 2013

Elzéard's avatar
    Elzéard

It's like a fizzy, marginally sweeter version of Ferrari Black. In fact, it's far better than than the Ferrari. I like it. It would constitute a very good "have in your bag and take with you anywhere" kind of fragrance. It is also very competitively priced, being about £10 - £15 for a 100 ml in most places.

08 April, 2012

VanAllan's avatar
    VanAllan
    Romania Romania

As an Azzaro Visit's lover and wearer for some years by now, the notes melted in this Puig creation have strike me as something lovable from the very first sniff.
    Lavender, ginger & pepper are making a good start for this beauty, followed almost instantly by a big cedar note, together with some sweet-smoky nutmeg which stayed on me almost unchanged for at least good 3-4 hrs.
    Make no mistake, cedar is the main actor here so if you don't like cedar, you should probably stay away from this. As for myself, I enjoyed every minute of its development on my skin and I can say that in some parts I like it even more than Visit.
    Dry-down is at a 5-6 hrs distance form top notes with its beautiful sweet and not-cloying notes of guaiac-wood, amber and of course a lot of cedar...
    An underrated fragrance and a very good value for the money. My humble rank: 8/10. Bravo Puig ! Hola to Barcelona!.

29 February, 2012

PerfumeCollector's avatar
    PerfumeCollector

I could not tell this fragrance apart from Ferragamo Incanto pour Homme Esential, so if you want to read my review in Quorum Silver just go and read my review in Incanto pH Esential. Both of them are mostly CEDAR, yes, in capital letters, the only difference is that QS is a little stronger and lasts a little longer.
    There are two other fragrances that I find very similar too, those are RSVP by Kenneth Cole and Daddy Yankee, but QS is somewhat a little rounder, velvety in contrast of the sharp edges of YD and even more in RSVP. I like all four but I think QS is the better of them all.

10th April, 2011

maccus's avatar
    maccus

Thoroughly enjoyable fragrance. It makes me wonder whether some fragrances are either created for, or by smokers; devised to mask the odious pungency of cigarette smoke.
    This is a largely linear fragrance owing to what I presume is the synthetic nature of the cedar. This is not headache inducing despite the seemingly synthetic tones. It begins with a well modulated cedar which might be an amalgam of synthetic ginger, bergamot, lavender and Artemesia. The melange asserts itself as warming notes emerge from the heart but these are subtle and indistinct. I imagine cinnamon and a different tone of cedar which might be a mild patchouli rising from the base. The dry down is the most comforting experience of the fragrance although the 'twang' which I guess is the eponymous 'silver' seems to linger. It might be the lavender. Fortunately, it isn't metallic but it is ever so slightly discordant but not to the extent that I don't enjoy the fragrance.

06 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 06 April, 2012)

Hartman Design's avatar
    Hartman Design

Late-Hit hit this one on the nail head: Quorum Silver is largely a one-note blast of cedar, with subtle herbal undertones. But I happen to like cedar, and in this fragrance it's done very nicely. Above average persistence and sillage, so go easy!

01st November, 2010

Late-Hit's avatar
    Late-Hit

Fortunately, I like cedar, so there's almost no way I can't like Quorum Silver. But it's not a very complex fragrance. For me, it's pretty much a one note chord of CEDAR from beginning to end... and maybe a little dull by itself. So when I don't really want to feel like a sawmill or new chips for the hamster cage, I'll layer Quorum Silver with something that might benefit from a little 'sprucing up'... and zing, a new fragrance is born.

Quorum Silver doesn't have much in common with the original Quorum, as far as I can tell, and the 'Silver' part is a total mystery to me. But no matter... if you want a nice, strong, cheap cedar fragrance, this is good one to get.

28 December, 2009

cheekyhamsta's avatar
    cheekyhamsta

An elegant fragrance with just enough bitterness from the cedar notes to swing it into the masculine camp. Not an overly unique smell, but nice and inoffensive nonetheless with good presence. Very versatile and long lasting too, especially suited to be a workhorse or office fragrance. Like the other Quorum scents, this one is a winner with pedigree that can be found at absurdly cheap prices.

04 December, 2009

mst09's avatar
    mst09
    Turkey Turkey

Very good fragrance.This Frag ,same CD sauvage extreme light.

03 October, 2009

vetkooper's avatar
    vetkooper

As a newcomer to the whole fragrance-world, i am a bit conserved when it comes down to sweet smells. But this is done very nice. It has some bitter and citral notes as well, and the combination is rather sparkling and inviting. Th drydown is good but not really as great as the opening in my view.

28 June, 2009

lubolukco's avatar
    lubolukco

Very nice frag for a bargain. Never smelled any of the other Puig´ s but I am certainly looking forward to it!

07 June, 2009

Moneysuckle's avatar
    Moneysuckle

I don't think I've come across anything quite like it. Drys down into a gentle leathery/green citrus blend. I enjoy it thoroughly.

08 April, 2009

zenpiper's avatar
    zenpiper

Funny thing. This is not an exceptional fragrance in my estimation, but it is extremely pleasant and compelling. It seems like a high-end drugstore fragrance, and that's fine. I am not a snob about these things. I have no idea what's in it, but I like it; it is light, aromatic and lasts a long time. It is also slightly unique, but not breath-takingly so. Still, it's a go-to fragrance for those rare days when I am undecided or want something different.

04 April, 2009 (Last Edited: 11th April, 2009)

Shade's avatar
    Shade

Puig does it again! Another fantastic fragrance...among Aqua Quorum and the beast himself, Quorum.

The scent: think grapefruit creamsicle with a tiny hint of pine and orange peels...its like a fragrance smoothie. LOVE IT.

The notes are so well rounded you would expect this to be an expensive purchase, but as with all Puig's sales, decent price. This is perfect for any occassion and people will want to be around you...the other day in a meeting a few young women were hovering very closely and then asked, "what are you wearing? we want to literally eat you up!" Very inviting and not offensive in the least bit. Mature and young at the same time...and the longevity, just unbelievable how Puig makes this stuff last so long. It stays as a linear scent, but there' s nothing wrong with that...you don't want it to change. Each note just plays off each other...its harmonious, but aren't Aqua Quorum and Quorum harmonious as well? Puig knows what he is doing and he does it well.

Quorum Silver is the best kept secret out there....I guess I just let it out. The way I see it, if I can enjoy it this much, others might as well too....if they can find it.

Keep dishing these out, Antonio.

12 October, 2008

zestycool's avatar
    zestycool

I highyl recommend quorum sliver as a good office scent or for formal evening evemts. Had many compliments from this. Both sillage and lasting power is good (but not comparable to quooum) and ive had a few compliments from this one.

As for quorum - lovely lasting power and sillage, and i love it, but many who have been enxt to me have told me that i smell of an 'old uncle'

09 July, 2008

AlexanderRex's avatar
    AlexanderRex

Mine is a novice nose, but there's definitely something special about Quorum Silver. I loved the original Quorum and when I saw this at a local retailer, I thought I'd try it. I was expecting an assertive, dominant scent not unlike the original. What I got was a pleasant but masculine fragrance. It dries down well, and its longevity is excellent. I'm becoming a big fan of Puig's fragrances, and hey ... for the price, how can you lose?

21st April, 2008

iMaverick's avatar
    iMaverick

Quorum Silver was an amazing blind buy for me. Having tried the other Quorums in the past--the herbaceous woodsy and leathery original, the vibrant Aqua and now Silver. The opening is so inviting, the woods begin transparent and fresh with a slight bitterness, almost resinous, which develops and unfolds to a leathery vetiver. The pine is not harsh like RL Polo Green, but smooth, almost luminous like a citrus peel. But then again it's probably because the pine is marrying with a grapefruit note. The scent deepens a tad more, becomes sophisticated yet restrained and not at all brash like the original. You catch the vetiver marrying with cedar and what smells like pepper.

It's absolutely beautiful, I tell 'ya! It's definitely liquid art! Amazing how each note plays off each other giving the silver its glint. I couldn't believe how cheap it was at the discount retailer. I think it's one of my best finds ever.

03 August, 2007