Reviews of Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Find out more about Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

badboyzinc's avatar

This stuff smells great. I love it for a summer fragrance definitely get the lemon beachy smell of it although my nose is not fine tuned to pick out all of the notes. This is by far my favorite Versace fragrance.

06 July, 2014

Muaythaifighter's avatar

This is a hard one for me to review because it seems to have changed. I bought a 100ml bottle about 18 months ago and was pretty much ecstatic about how good it smelled. It just had a real clean, fresh vibe to it. Longevity had issues but since it smelled so great I looked past that. Fast forward 18 months and the purchase of about 10 other different frags and I no longer think this stuff smells that great. I'm not sure if my bottle has gone off or my taste has just matured but yeah, this doesn't appeal to me like it used to :(

25 June, 2014

larrainzar's avatar

I received this fragrance as a gift from an ex girfriend. It's citrusy sweet. It's too much for me. It gives me a head ache. I guess it was designed for a hot day at the beach. I'm giving it a neutral rating because it has a lot of projection and lasts forever. I've smelled it on my clothes days after I wore it. Other than that the scent doesn't drive me wild. You may get a lot of compliments from it due to its almost obnoxious projection. For a summer fragrance I much rather like Chanel Allure Sport.

31st May, 2014

Skilar16's avatar

It makes me feel clean and fresh, and is an amazing summer scent! It lasts pretty good on my skin, and this could very well be my favorite summer fragrance!

26 May, 2014

del's avatar

Versace Man Eau Fraiche starts off citrusy, and ends musky sweet. Hint of woods holds everything together. A common "aquatic" scent -- fresh, clean, and light, but projects quite nicely. Doesn't have lasting power though, so if you're into this type of scent, reapplication is necessary.

Eau Fraiche has a casual and youthful feel. It isn’t bad for warmer months, but for the price there are better options of this genre out there. Hence, the neutral rating.

05 April, 2014

cologne65's avatar

Versace man is a light fragrance but not nearly as good as versace's other brands eros or pour homme. does not last long when wearing it either. good but not great.

06 January, 2014

padhee83's avatar

India India

Blah!!!!!Nothing Special.I have nothing against the perfume but it is redundant and boring.It is fresh with citrus,apple and some woods.I am not a fan of the opening but the dry down is good.I get this bubble gum vibe now and then which sometimes get nauseous,maybe coming from the citrus and apple combo but this aspect can sometimes become irritating.Lots of reviewers love this aspect but everyone have their own opinion.
    Longevity is nice with 6-8 hours and has a great sillage.No complaints in this aspect.

Among the fresh scents I love L eau D'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake.Versace Eau Fraiche has nothing in common to that scent but they are fresh scents.It is ok and good for hot days and tropical weather.May be azzaro chrome fans looking for a similar scent will like
    Versace Man Eau Fraîche.
    Nice and safe but nothing new.

03 November, 2013

rbaker's avatar

Summer fraîche

The lemon opening gets a nice extra twist with starfruit and an amazingly bright cedar note with tarragon admixed. Light and bright but not boring. Later a touch of light musk is added in the base, but on my skin this is the lightness of a summer aquatic - an aquatic with a touch of originality and quality. And like most aquatics it is on the ephemeral side: longevity two hours.

05 September, 2013

VanMarlton's avatar

Lovely Scent

Originally got this as a gift and really enjoyed that bottle, so much so that I went out and bought a replacement when it ran out. The smell is very fresh and clean. I guess it is classified as aquatic and I am loving it for the summer.

My "collection" is very modest but so far from what I used this particular one received the most compliments, but it is not overly sweet like some of the usual compliment getters (none of which I own). I feel like this fragrance is surprisingly underrated.

26 August, 2013

Smathersx's avatar

Clean but feminine

This smells nice and clean but is somewhat emasculating to my nose. My wife wore a lot of DG Light Blue, then she got me this. I think I smell a bit like her with this on. Also, seems to be a short lived scent.

Pros: You will smell fresh
    Cons: Like a dryer sheet. Somewhat feminine "

22 July, 2013

OCNBreeze7's avatar

Eau Fraiche is a Versace Hit..!! It is in my Top Five..!!

The French definition of "Eau Fraiche" is "fresh water"... This cologne fits that description well. Somewhere between a sport and powder, this scent is soft and clean. While definitely a summer cologne, it can be used for any occasion and during any season. There has been some criticism that Man Eau Fraiche cologne fades easily - I have found that is not the case. I suppose it depends on the "body chemistry". Versace scores again with this fragrance and should be added to any collection. Definitely in my top 5. Amazon delivered great service at an amazingly low price. Five stars..!!

13 May, 2013

TheNotoriousMAZ's avatar

A friend of mine owns this one, and I decided to give it try when I saw it on the counter in his bathroom. It has a unique fruity smell (from the star fruit I'm guessing), and is very clean. It didn't seem to agree with my skin though and it got a bit sour later on. As far as Versace goes, I am a bigger fan of Pour Homme than this. I am sure this cologne works a lot better in a more tropical setting.

23 April, 2013

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

So simple but so good. Sure there were a lot of like it before and after 2006. so it kind of gets lost in the masses, but still even today I find this scent quite amusing and pleasant. Nothing spectacular, nothing original I'll agree with this, but it'll please the crowd and better yet it'll please a/the girl that's near you.

17 April, 2013

Sly2scents's avatar

This fragrance is a projection beast. I think the warmer it is outside the more it projects, especially if you have spray it on pulse points. Every time I spray this it reminds me of the beach watching the waves crash into the rocky gorge. This scent can take you places.

10th April, 2013

CASUAL's avatar

This scent has become my favorite summer citrus scent. I dont really get the bubble gum vibe as other people have mentioned but I do kind of see what they mean. To me this smells like a very sweet orange which I absolutley LOVE! the longevity and projection of this cologne really shines in hot weather.

08 January, 2013

Jaime N's avatar

Portugal Portugal

This smells great. Very clean, fresh and sophisticated. It has a Mediterranean Summer vibe that I really dig. Thumbs up!

18 December, 2012

LovesGotMeHigh's avatar

Ehhh....it's okay. Nothing spectacular. Great for play time in my opinion. Pour homme by versace would be a better choice if you ask me. I like the sour apple smell but, I wouldn't buy a 3.4oz. Great looking bottle design but...the juice is okay...just ...okay.

05 December, 2012

's avatar

Generic and boring citrus aquatic theme. At least it has a good longevity in my skin. For me it smells the same as Light Blue by D&G.

25 October, 2012

Gary F's avatar

Nice subtle opening, but after an hour or so it smelled like I had stuck my head in a box of laundry detergent. A very long lasting fragrance. The nicest part was after about 8 hours when the extreme soapiness wore off and its "fraiche"-ness kicked in.

24 October, 2012

jarroditshallbe's avatar

No story. Photofinish nailed it with the review. Old tissue box that's been wet and dried again. Lame.

24 October, 2012

sjg3839's avatar

Got quite a few compliments wearing this one. This is a club banger. NUFF SAID!

09 October, 2012

photofinish's avatar

Opening with the stereotypical ozonic freshness found in many of today's designer fragrances, Versace Man Eau Fraiche quickly dries down to an aroma that smells like the interior of a box of facial tissues.

23 September, 2012

harithhussin's avatar

for me..longetivity is good..but..i think it is static perfume..did not change much..hate it..

28 August, 2012

Smelly Dude's avatar

A very nice, fresh fragrance. Opens up with a generic citrusy note but eventually dries down into grapefruit territory. Silliage is quite gentle. Reasonable longevity. Not offensive, although possibly works a little better as a weekend/casual fragrance than as an office scent.

Last summer, my go-to scent was Versace Pour Homme. I think next summer, I'll put some Man Eau Fraiche into the rotation for a bit of variety.

19 August, 2012

UTLonghorns's avatar

For starters, this has been the most complimented summer scent I have ever worn. One major positive is that this isn't cool water or AdG, and therefore does not have the overplayed vibe (yet). It's fresh, citrusy, class, and PERFECT for summer.

That being said, it is also linear. Some may not have a problem with that, because the dry down is as good as the opening. Fresh, non-offensive, inviting. Cologne snobs will probably knock this one though for not being daring or something like that. That is fine; in the meantime they will reach for other colognes that might be more cloying in the summer but have more "personality".

Moreover, there is also reasonable elusion to D and G's light blue perfume. This has been pointed out in the past by previous reviewers and I certainly agree. They are no means identical; and this one is certainly more masculine. But is it is a bit on the unisex side; when you but it side by side with say, AGD or Polo Blue. Again there is nothing wrong with this for many people but the bottom line is you may mistake D ang G's Light Blue Perfume for this at some point.

All in all this is good. I can't complain that my fiance goes nuts for it and repeatedly reminds me that this is her favorite. I can't be mad about that..

24 July, 2012

Shifty Bat's avatar

It should be criminal to charge as much for a scent so weak. Though the notes listed don't reflect it right off, VMEF smells like Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme (which can be found cheaper) at half strength, making this release pointless.

24 June, 2012

tothemax123's avatar

this is a great fragrance for the summer/spring. it gives me that ck one summer vive put with woods in the background. the scent smells like a blast of citrus and apple. after that dies down, the fruit fades away and its more woody. at this point its subtle, that you hae to smell your wrist. longevity is spotty. it projects well, and it smells great!

18 June, 2012

firz84's avatar

Singapore Singapore

I've been using Versace Eau Fraiche for a few months and I must say this smells great. Citrus opening that will make you go "aaaahh...". Use it during hot days and this fragrance will shine. It can also be worn casually in office as it doesn't really project like a beast. As much as I love this, it would be great if it could lasts longer as I only get about 5 hours max on my skin.

Overall, I think that Versace Eau Fraiche not bad of a fragrance. It's not the best but it does its job well in the hot sun. I give it a rating of 8/10.

15 June, 2012

noahumd's avatar

This scent is amazing. I have gotten compliments on it almost everywhere I go - and there's a trick to how I've done it. A big criticism of this scent is its lack of longevity.

Although it fades quickly on the skin - it stays forever on the clothes!!! Spray it on any article of clothing, and smell it the next day. It's simply amazing. The most fresh scent you can create - it smells like it was right out of the dryer.

It is this freshness that saves this cologne, and turns it from a short night out scent to an everyday one.

14 June, 2012

exciter76's avatar

VM Eau Fraîche smells like a reinterpretation of citric heavy-hitters such as D&G’s Light Blue, Moschino’s I Love Love, BBW’s White Citrus and Azzaro’s Chrome, all of which I adore. It’s certainly more hesperidic than it is woody, with a little bit of spice and an iota of sweetness. There is more of a lemon-rinds-than-lemonade feeling happening here. The lack of sweetness and the woodiness of it all make this a tad more masculine than unisex, but it still feels unisex nevertheless. It has hefty projection and a pleasant amount of sillage, qualities citrus scents sometimes lack. It’s relatively linear from first spray to last drydown but it does take an ever-so-slightly powdery turn in the drydown. As a citrus lover I really enjoyed this one and may spring for a full bottle. VMEF is citrus with panache.

30th May, 2012