Reviews of Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Today I ventured off into my designer sample pile and pulled out this not so average looking sample vial :)

to my surprise it turned out to be none other then uber hyped up scent Versace Man Eau Fraiche which many of you may already know that thanks to youtube reviewers it might as well be called liquid gold eau de summer

I can see why so many people may adore this as it defiantly radiates a fresh and youthful summer vibe and why its almost built a cult like following but unfortunately the hype was short lived within just a few minutes of wear

This scent opens with a almost to heady citrus note and a ride or die woodsy accord that seams to hang on to the bitter end (which I personally didn't like since it seemed to show all its cards at the start of the game)

I found this scent to be lacking both longevity and projection but at its price point its not a total scrubber when and if your in the market for something that bears a striking resemblance to one of the many Issey Miyaki L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme variations

all and all id say this is a safe scent for a active day both inside the gym or in the summer heat

on to the next

ps id personally not wear this out to a social event or a date since I find this scent to be very linear
13th January, 2016
I totally Agree with AndrewTheCologneGuy. This being such a pleasant and unoffensive scent i am unable to understand the negative reviews. Well My wife loves D&G Light Blue for her and even i used to Love it. I even used to quitely apply it sometimes......
But this is truly a Male version of the D&G Light Blue for her.
I enjoy this scent immensely. It also has similarities to Antonio Bandera's Blue Seduction which can be a cheaper altenative for someone not willing to buy Eau Fraiche.

Longetivity seems fine right now in Winter as i get 3 to 5 hours. Have to test it in Summers to verify the claims that it lasts better in heat.

Amazing Fragrance not very deep but very zesty and sparkling never the less.
14th December, 2015
This was a cologne that I was fortunate and blessed to have a plethora of samples for a long period of time. Honestly, I don't remember how I acquired them, but I just remember strangely having a ridiculous amount of vials for a long time—like they would just fall out of my travel bag when I wasn't looking.

On to the scent, it was pretty sharp, sour, and slightly woody. It is in the same ball park as Bleu De Chanel, but not quite as deep, round, or natural in the smell.

I have never smelled star fruit before unto itself, but I am assuming, just from other's comments, that it births the sour smell. The sour is not bad, though, think sour adult beverages that are pretty refreshing in the summer heat; I would say that compliments the woods in the base well.

Performance is excellent. I was getting compliments on this pretty regularly at work in the military, where commenting on somebody's cologne is definitely out of the norm. I like to think if somebody is willing enough to reach out through that barrier of discomfort then it must be pleasing enough to warrant the compliment in spite of it.

Finally, overall this is a solid summer fragrance. If you can get over the syntheticness, that is typical of many Versaces, then this is really hard to beat for the price. Somewhat unique, crowd pleasing, performing, and affordable this is a true gem. Not the best, but it is the kind of the price point at the very least.
28th November, 2015

BEACH IN A BOTTLE!! when i spray this amazing fragrance, i feel like being in the beach with my friends, playing frisbee and talking to beautiful women in bikinis.

this is the most fresh, energetic and sexy summer fragrance i have ever smelled.

the only cons of this one is his versatility. it only works in the summer, and in the highest heat, but for that purpose is the best.

i've you have never being to the beach, or its been a while since the last time, this fragrance will immediately take you there!

8.5/10
13th September, 2015
The name does it justice, this is a fresh citrus aquatic scent, with low staying power...so yes, "eau fraiche". It smells pleasant enough, but too synthetic to my nose, especially in the first 2 hours; harsh when smelling it up close and better from sillage (which is soft). It has some green nuances as well that will move to a woodier drydown. Simple, but forgettable.
08th September, 2015
Versace Man Eau Fraiche seems to have a very strong reputation in the community as a designer aquatic, and I admit that's roughly 75% of what I want it to be. It just feels as if it's missing something or has something extra that is out of place. It reminds me of the newer formulation of Dior Homme Cologne in that respect, though the fragrances are otherwise totally different.

Eau Fraiche is aptly named, at least--it's a very fresh aquatic with herb elements and perhaps a slight of pepper and amber, though these last notes cannot be too strong. Overall, it is a citrus, herb, and woods that is very light and fleeting. I don't get great projection or longevity for this by volume, but it's overall very pleasant and a decent warm weather day option. I get a slightly peachy vibe in terms of the combination (though it's not specifically non-citrus fruity in any of its notes) which is perhaps the reason I'm slightly turned off by it. Nonetheless it's a pretty safe aquatic so I can see how it's so agreed upon by many to be one of the scents of summer. It's just not one I'd buy, personally, but certainly warrants a test.

6 out of 10
03rd September, 2015
Salutation.

Light,Light and Light!I am a fan VERSACE but unfortunately this one big disappointed for me.VMEF is certainly inoffensive but never made me feel fresh or even feel like i am wearning a nice fragrance.

Only at very first minute,i found it Nice but after a few minutes startes disapearning like a common Cologne.My advice would be to give this fragrance a try on your skin before you make a purchase decision

The langevity is very Weak on my skin.terrible in fact.Bad sillage as i've got to put my nose an inch from my skin until i can recognize it scent!Perhaps i am only here,dont feel like wearning this cologne!What a pity!!!

10th May, 2015
I really like this fragrance from Versace. I had assumed this to be a flanker of VpH, but actually Eau Fraiche was released two years earlier. Like VpH, EF is a clean, fresh, summer scent that to me is decidedly less complex and certainly less sweet than VpH. EF is more of a lemon juice aquatic IMO, as the lemon notes tend towards the tart and to some may seem slightly sour. There's a little bit of spice to balance the lemon development out and the woods and musk continue to give off a fresh laundry type feeling. EF exudes summer weather and activities outdoors in the sunshine. Most definitely a compliment getter.

Unfortunately for me, EF replicates many summer fragrances that are already in my collection, and I could only see wearing EF in casual daytime occaisions, so it's probably not going on my buy list. A very nice scent nonetheless.
16th April, 2015
A nice smelling fragrance, but unfortunately didn't much for me. Projection and longevity were average. Moreover I used to get bored of it pretty quickly, and I'm glad I was able to sell off my bottle.
For fresh fragrances for hot weather use, I'd recommend Dior Homme Sport, Mugler Cologne, Original Vetiver, Millesime Imperial, Grey Vetiver and Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart's over this.
31st January, 2015
An excellent, clean sharp citrusy-slightly herby concoction. This one sneaks up on you and you realize what a well-balanced composition it is. Brings to mind Mediterranean islands, white sand, blue Speedos, dark tans, fizzy gin based summer drinks. Not precisely distinctive; but for a citrusy, warm weather perfume it's excellent. The kind of thing you can take a bath in. Has a nice warm underpinning, like a beach towel that's been sitting in the sun.
21st October, 2014
Lemon opening with something dirty for the first 1-2 hours then it settles down on something like icy woods which I like but not enthusiast.
04th October, 2014
I really like Versace Man Eau Fraiche simply because it is a great summer scent that projects considerablly well during the heat. All i get out of this scent however is lemons, lemons and more lemons. So if you don't like the smell of lemons then I would be sure to tell you that you aren't going to like this. I get more like a sour lemon vibe from it. With it smelling like lemons it is extremely fresh and I would say it's still quite manly and not that feminine. The lasting time time i get out of this on my skin depends on wether i'm in heat or not. When it's reacting with the heat it lasts about 6-7 hours on my skin but if it's a colder climate it is about 4-5 hours. If you are to spray on clothes, it lasts for days. Overall I give this scent 7/10.
05th August, 2014
This stuff smells great. I love it for a summer fragrance definitely get the lemon beachy smell of it although my nose is not fine tuned to pick out all of the notes. This is by far my favorite Versace fragrance.
06th July, 2014

This is a hard one for me to review because it seems to have changed. I bought a 100ml bottle about 18 months ago and was pretty much ecstatic about how good it smelled. It just had a real clean, fresh vibe to it. Longevity had issues but since it smelled so great I looked past that. Fast forward 18 months and the purchase of about 10 other different frags and I no longer think this stuff smells that great. I'm not sure if my bottle has gone off or my taste has just matured but yeah, this doesn't appeal to me like it used to :(
25th June, 2014
I received this fragrance as a gift from an ex girfriend. It's citrusy sweet. It's too much for me. It gives me a head ache. I guess it was designed for a hot day at the beach. I'm giving it a neutral rating because it has a lot of projection and lasts forever. I've smelled it on my clothes days after I wore it. Other than that the scent doesn't drive me wild. You may get a lot of compliments from it due to its almost obnoxious projection. For a summer fragrance I much rather like Chanel Allure Sport.
31st May, 2014
It makes me feel clean and fresh, and is an amazing summer scent! It lasts pretty good on my skin, and this could very well be my favorite summer fragrance!
26th May, 2014
del Show all reviews
Versace Man Eau Fraiche starts off citrusy, and ends musky sweet. Hint of woods holds everything together. A common "aquatic" scent -- fresh, clean, and light, but projects quite nicely. Doesn't have lasting power though, so if you're into this type of scent, reapplication is necessary.

Eau Fraiche has a casual and youthful feel. It isn’t bad for warmer months, but for the price there are better options of this genre out there. Hence, the neutral rating.
05th April, 2014
Versace man is a light fragrance but not nearly as good as versace's other brands eros or pour homme. does not last long when wearing it either. good but not great.
06th January, 2014
Blah!!!!!Nothing Special.I have nothing against the perfume but it is redundant and boring.It is fresh with citrus,apple and some woods.I am not a fan of the opening but the dry down is good.I get this bubble gum vibe now and then which sometimes get nauseous,maybe coming from the citrus and apple combo but this aspect can sometimes become irritating.Lots of reviewers love this aspect but everyone have their own opinion.
Longevity is nice with 6-8 hours and has a great sillage.No complaints in this aspect.

Among the fresh scents I love L eau D'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake.Versace Eau Fraiche has nothing in common to that scent but they are fresh scents.It is ok and good for hot days and tropical weather.May be azzaro chrome fans looking for a similar scent will like
Versace Man Eau Fraîche.
Nice and safe but nothing new.
03rd November, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
Summer fraîche

The lemon opening gets a nice extra twist with starfruit and an amazingly bright cedar note with tarragon admixed. Light and bright but not boring. Later a touch of light musk is added in the base, but on my skin this is the lightness of a summer aquatic - an aquatic with a touch of originality and quality. And like most aquatics it is on the ephemeral side: longevity two hours.

05th September, 2013
Lovely Scent

Originally got this as a gift and really enjoyed that bottle, so much so that I went out and bought a replacement when it ran out. The smell is very fresh and clean. I guess it is classified as aquatic and I am loving it for the summer.

My "collection" is very modest but so far from what I used this particular one received the most compliments, but it is not overly sweet like some of the usual compliment getters (none of which I own). I feel like this fragrance is surprisingly underrated.

26th August, 2013
Clean but feminine

This smells nice and clean but is somewhat emasculating to my nose. My wife wore a lot of DG Light Blue, then she got me this. I think I smell a bit like her with this on. Also, seems to be a short lived scent.

Pros: You will smell fresh
Cons: Like a dryer sheet. Somewhat feminine "

22nd July, 2013
Eau Fraiche is a Versace Hit..!! It is in my Top Five..!!

The French definition of "Eau Fraiche" is "fresh water"... This cologne fits that description well. Somewhere between a sport and powder, this scent is soft and clean. While definitely a summer cologne, it can be used for any occasion and during any season. There has been some criticism that Man Eau Fraiche cologne fades easily - I have found that is not the case. I suppose it depends on the "body chemistry". Versace scores again with this fragrance and should be added to any collection. Definitely in my top 5. Amazon delivered great service at an amazingly low price. Five stars..!!
13th May, 2013
A friend of mine owns this one, and I decided to give it try when I saw it on the counter in his bathroom. It has a unique fruity smell (from the star fruit I'm guessing), and is very clean. It didn't seem to agree with my skin though and it got a bit sour later on. As far as Versace goes, I am a bigger fan of Pour Homme than this. I am sure this cologne works a lot better in a more tropical setting.
23rd April, 2013
So simple but so good. Sure there were a lot of like it before and after 2006. so it kind of gets lost in the masses, but still even today I find this scent quite amusing and pleasant. Nothing spectacular, nothing original I'll agree with this, but it'll please the crowd and better yet it'll please a/the girl that's near you.
17th April, 2013
This fragrance is a projection beast. I think the warmer it is outside the more it projects, especially if you have spray it on pulse points. Every time I spray this it reminds me of the beach watching the waves crash into the rocky gorge. This scent can take you places.
10th April, 2013
CASUAL Show all reviews
This scent has become my favorite summer citrus scent. I dont really get the bubble gum vibe as other people have mentioned but I do kind of see what they mean. To me this smells like a very sweet orange which I absolutley LOVE! the longevity and projection of this cologne really shines in hot weather.
08th January, 2013
This smells great. Very clean, fresh and sophisticated. It has a Mediterranean Summer vibe that I really dig. Thumbs up!
18th December, 2012
Ehhh....it's okay. Nothing spectacular. Great for play time in my opinion. Pour homme by versace would be a better choice if you ask me. I like the sour apple smell but, I wouldn't buy a 3.4oz. Great looking bottle design but...the juice is okay...just ...okay.
05th December, 2012
Generic and boring citrus aquatic theme. At least it has a good longevity in my skin. For me it smells the same as Light Blue by D&G.
25th October, 2012