Neutral Reviews of Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Nice citrus in the opening but then dries down to a baby powder smell.

I've worn it a few times and it always projects very well and lasts all day.
06th June, 2017
Being a fan of Versace fragrances, I was excited about 'Eau Fraiche' when I heard it was similar to the female version of Dolce Gabbana 'Light Blue' But, it is actually more of a smell-a-like typical aquatic fresh fragrance which is somewhat boring to me.

The initial blast is citrus, lemon, water accords and subtle airy wood notes. I don't really get any fruity notes or musk here. Its not even really strong coming out of the bottle, and basically smells like a body wash that could be called 'fresh' or 'sport'. It does smell really good when it first comes out, and the first couple hours are great.

The middle and base of this comes pretty fast, and the watery accord becomes the scent. It does share a lot similarities with Dolce Gabbana 'Light Blue' once it settles down, but its way more subtle and doesn't have the sharp and piercing quality that 'Light Blue' does. I can't imagine wearing this outdoors, as it just doesn't have the projection or performance for that. Indoors, date nights and office environments in the summer could definitely work fairly well.

With a liberal application of a dozen sprays (neck, wrists, shoulders and chest), I am getting four to six hours of longevity, with average projection and sillage. After the first two hours, it becomes an aquatic skin scent that basically smells like a sport or fresh deodorant. If someone is up close to your neck they will smell it, but if they are two feet away, nothing.

I soaked myself in this for a night out clubbing and couldn't smell anything by the time we left four hours later and got no compliments with it. I always get compliments with other fresh fragrances, Invictus, Aqva Amara, Acqua du Gio and Issey Miyake to name a few. This one, nothing.

There are countless colognes that smell exactly like this and perform better, so I really just can't recommend this to anyone unless you are seeking a subtle aquatic for indoors, the office or date nights in the summer. If Versace came out with an Eau De Parfum concentration and fixed the projection and performance of this, it would easily be a thumbs up and recommend from me.
31st May, 2017
I know this is loved by many. Purchased it recently at Macy's with a gift card I received. Am trying to like it. Just not sure. Maybe I am having trouble getting past the strong star fruit note, though I know this is one quality that makes this frag stand out. Jury still very much out for me on this one.

BTW, I am a 55 year old male who loves frags such as Aramis classic, Issey Miyake Leau D'Issey, and Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP. Hoping to acquire a taste for Eau Fraishe for the hot Sacramento summer ahead.
11th March, 2017

Today I ventured off into my designer sample pile and pulled out this not so average looking sample vial :)

to my surprise it turned out to be none other then uber hyped up scent Versace Man Eau Fraiche which many of you may already know that thanks to youtube reviewers it might as well be called liquid gold eau de summer

I can see why so many people may adore this as it defiantly radiates a fresh and youthful summer vibe and why its almost built a cult like following but unfortunately the hype was short lived within just a few minutes of wear

This scent opens with a almost to heady citrus note and a ride or die woodsy accord that seams to hang on to the bitter end (which I personally didn't like since it seemed to show all its cards at the start of the game)

I found this scent to be lacking both longevity and projection but at its price point its not a total scrubber when and if your in the market for something that bears a striking resemblance to one of the many Issey Miyaki L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme variations

all and all id say this is a safe scent for a active day both inside the gym or in the summer heat

on to the next

ps id personally not wear this out to a social event or a date since I find this scent to be very linear
13th January, 2016
The name does it justice, this is a fresh citrus aquatic scent, with low staying power...so yes, "eau fraiche". It smells pleasant enough, but too synthetic to my nose, especially in the first 2 hours; harsh when smelling it up close and better from sillage (which is soft). It has some green nuances as well that will move to a woodier drydown. Simple, but forgettable.
08th September, 2015
Versace Man Eau Fraiche seems to have a very strong reputation in the community as a designer aquatic, and I admit that's roughly 75% of what I want it to be. It just feels as if it's missing something or has something extra that is out of place. It reminds me of the newer formulation of Dior Homme Cologne in that respect, though the fragrances are otherwise totally different.

Eau Fraiche is aptly named, at least--it's a very fresh aquatic with herb elements and perhaps a slight of pepper and amber, though these last notes cannot be too strong. Overall, it is a citrus, herb, and woods that is very light and fleeting. I don't get great projection or longevity for this by volume, but it's overall very pleasant and a decent warm weather day option. I get a slightly peachy vibe in terms of the combination (though it's not specifically non-citrus fruity in any of its notes) which is perhaps the reason I'm slightly turned off by it. Nonetheless it's a pretty safe aquatic so I can see how it's so agreed upon by many to be one of the scents of summer. It's just not one I'd buy, personally, but certainly warrants a test.

6 out of 10
03rd September, 2015
A nice smelling fragrance, but unfortunately didn't much for me. Projection and longevity were average. Moreover I used to get bored of it pretty quickly, and I'm glad I was able to sell off my bottle.
For fresh fragrances for hot weather use, I'd recommend Dior Homme Sport, Mugler Cologne, Original Vetiver, Millesime Imperial, Grey Vetiver and Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart's over this.
31st January, 2015
Lemon opening with something dirty for the first 1-2 hours then it settles down on something like icy woods which I like but not enthusiast.
04th October, 2014
This is a hard one for me to review because it seems to have changed. I bought a 100ml bottle about 18 months ago and was pretty much ecstatic about how good it smelled. It just had a real clean, fresh vibe to it. Longevity had issues but since it smelled so great I looked past that. Fast forward 18 months and the purchase of about 10 other different frags and I no longer think this stuff smells that great. I'm not sure if my bottle has gone off or my taste has just matured but yeah, this doesn't appeal to me like it used to :(
25th June, 2014
I received this fragrance as a gift from an ex girfriend. It's citrusy sweet. It's too much for me. It gives me a head ache. I guess it was designed for a hot day at the beach. I'm giving it a neutral rating because it has a lot of projection and lasts forever. I've smelled it on my clothes days after I wore it. Other than that the scent doesn't drive me wild. You may get a lot of compliments from it due to its almost obnoxious projection. For a summer fragrance I much rather like Chanel Allure Sport.
31st May, 2014
del Show all reviews
Versace Man Eau Fraiche starts off citrusy, and ends musky sweet. Hint of woods holds everything together. A common "aquatic" scent -- fresh, clean, and light, but projects quite nicely. Doesn't have lasting power though, so if you're into this type of scent, reapplication is necessary.

Eau Fraiche has a casual and youthful feel. It isn’t bad for warmer months, but for the price there are better options of this genre out there. Hence, the neutral rating.
05th April, 2014
Blah!!!!!Nothing Special.I have nothing against the perfume but it is redundant and boring.It is fresh with citrus,apple and some woods.I am not a fan of the opening but the dry down is good.I get this bubble gum vibe now and then which sometimes get nauseous,maybe coming from the citrus and apple combo but this aspect can sometimes become irritating.Lots of reviewers love this aspect but everyone have their own opinion.
Longevity is nice with 6-8 hours and has a great sillage.No complaints in this aspect.

Among the fresh scents I love L eau D'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake.Versace Eau Fraiche has nothing in common to that scent but they are fresh scents.It is ok and good for hot days and tropical weather.May be azzaro chrome fans looking for a similar scent will like
Versace Man Eau Fraîche.
Nice and safe but nothing new.
03rd November, 2013
Clean but feminine

This smells nice and clean but is somewhat emasculating to my nose. My wife wore a lot of DG Light Blue, then she got me this. I think I smell a bit like her with this on. Also, seems to be a short lived scent.

Pros: You will smell fresh
Cons: Like a dryer sheet. Somewhat feminine "

22nd July, 2013

A friend of mine owns this one, and I decided to give it try when I saw it on the counter in his bathroom. It has a unique fruity smell (from the star fruit I'm guessing), and is very clean. It didn't seem to agree with my skin though and it got a bit sour later on. As far as Versace goes, I am a bigger fan of Pour Homme than this. I am sure this cologne works a lot better in a more tropical setting.
23rd April, 2013
Ehhh....it's okay. Nothing spectacular. Great for play time in my opinion. Pour homme by versace would be a better choice if you ask me. I like the sour apple smell but, I wouldn't buy a 3.4oz. Great looking bottle design but...the juice is okay...just ...okay.
05th December, 2012
Generic and boring citrus aquatic theme. At least it has a good longevity in my skin. For me it smells the same as Light Blue by D&G.
25th October, 2012
Gary F Show all reviews
Nice subtle opening, but after an hour or so it smelled like I had stuck my head in a box of laundry detergent. A very long lasting fragrance. The nicest part was after about 8 hours when the extreme soapiness wore off and its "fraiche"-ness kicked in.
24th October, 2012
In line with the modern items, namely aqueous, citrusy (lemony) and fruity-floral while endly soapy, musky but at once gummy and chemical. There is a whiff of exoticism in its fruitiness that is mostly hesperidic but also made of watery equatorial fruits and apple. The base is delicate, dry, slightly talky and spicy-cool because of a touch of saffron. A current kind of smell and nothing else.
18th February, 2012 (last edited: 14th April, 2012)
Good, modern, wimpy scent both for casual and smart wear. Very good longevity and optimal sillage. Boring and predictable.
22nd November, 2011 (last edited: 12th January, 2013)
Versace eau Fraiche is all about lemon and apples.

This one starts out very fresh with a citrus vibe into it that trough time gives space to a very good apple smell. Perfect for very hot climates like here in Brazil, specially cause it lasts and projects a lot. A girl can pull this off easily, since it is very similar to D&G Light Blue.

A must buy for anyone who enjoys citrus fragrances, which is not my taste.
21st August, 2011
Izzy Show all reviews
This smells like Hugo Energize not very unique. All I get from this is melon it doesn't deserve the hype it gets on you tube. To my nose Hugo Energize does the scent of melons better. It's not bad but it's not great!
10th August, 2011
I am not a fan of this cologne. I do own it, and for the first few weeks it did well on me. But it has become my least favorite out of my collection since then. I'm sure this works on many guys, as it is quite popular, but it just wasn't for me. There is such promise in the dry down, after about an hour it smells good.. for about an hour. That gives it such a small window to perform while you're out and about. I'm sort of strange in that I enjoy smelling my collection every day... this bottle is the one I enjoy sniffing the least. BUT, as I said, it doesn't smell terrible, just a bit boring and safe.
10th August, 2011
This fragrance is built around the same blend of aroma chemical freshness that is becoming commonplace now as they figure out how not to offend people with it. It is a sense of expansive goodness at the center of the thing. The good aspect about Eau Fraiche is that it doesn't do anything terribly offensive, while also being very difficult to pin down as to what might be good about it too. At opening the fragrance smells vaguely like Windex glass cleaner and transitions quickly into a strengthened version of this mildly aromatic and woody blue scent. At the center of the little bits of pleasing smell is an uplifting chemical wonderment that has a quality of elevation with a sense of pleasantness. Because there is no noticeable offensive quality about Eau Fraiche, I might be tempted to give it a thumbs up review. It doesn't offend me at all to wear it. It is clean, uplifiting, not too tart, not too harsh, not too citric, not too sweet, and generally it smells good. But, not standing for anything at all is really not an interesting way to live, is it? On balance it is much better than many other fresh fragrances. I might keep a bottle around for occasions when I don't want to stand out while still maintaining some social obsequious stance.

27th March, 2011
I really like the two distinct smells that I get in the beginning, and after it's dried down; but they're so different that I can't consider this to be super high quality.

The first ten minutes seem very floral, feminine, but enjoyable. After an hour or so it calms down. By the end of the day only the base remains--smells much more masculine, but very much lighter.

So, I can't apply this strong enough to smell good after 8 hours, unless I'm willing to reek of perfume for the first hour.

I do like it, and will continue to wear it on occasion.
18th January, 2011
A shy version of the original.
Tobacco is replaced with cedar & woods and sitted next to some mild fruits (basically only a mix of lemon and star fruit). I was sincerely hoping for the carambola to be more punchy. Maybe I`ll appreciate it more when I`ll use it during the next heat wave.
This should easily please fans of aquatics.
15th January, 2011
Disappointed with this one. Saw some great reviews and bought a small bottle blind, but all I got was weak, inoffensive citrus. Nothing to dislike about it - apart from its blandness - but there are 100s of others that do the same job without the designer name and price.
14th October, 2010
D&G Light Blue for men. It's OK, opening is decent but then falls apart. Possibly the most indifferent fragrance in masculine history. I can't love this nor can I hate it. It's just there.
28th May, 2010
I have to agree. This frag smells exactly as Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Feminine. The only difference between the two is power and sillage in favor to the first one. Said so, I´ll take the Light Blue.
24th March, 2010
I have to agree with those reviews that say that this is a synthetic smelling fresh fragrance. Honestly, I have a difficult time wearing this as there is something in its composition that is borderline migraine-inducing for me.

On the plus side, if someone is looking for a better-blended Acqua di Gio, this might be for you. This is smoother and doesn't turn sour as AdG is wont to do. Nor does Versace eau fraiche have the cloying pepper note that AdG does.

Overall, Versace eau fraiche is a distinctly mediocre fragrance. It is definitely not for everyone. Try it before you buy it.
23rd March, 2010
Agree with many previous reviews, it smells great for as long as it lasts. Try pairing it with the aftershave if you want it to last longer.
12th March, 2010