Neutral Reviews of Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Find out more about Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Muaythaifighter's avatar

This is a hard one for me to review because it seems to have changed. I bought a 100ml bottle about 18 months ago and was pretty much ecstatic about how good it smelled. It just had a real clean, fresh vibe to it. Longevity had issues but since it smelled so great I looked past that. Fast forward 18 months and the purchase of about 10 other different frags and I no longer think this stuff smells that great. I'm not sure if my bottle has gone off or my taste has just matured but yeah, this doesn't appeal to me like it used to :(

25 June, 2014

larrainzar's avatar

I received this fragrance as a gift from an ex girfriend. It's citrusy sweet. It's too much for me. It gives me a head ache. I guess it was designed for a hot day at the beach. I'm giving it a neutral rating because it has a lot of projection and lasts forever. I've smelled it on my clothes days after I wore it. Other than that the scent doesn't drive me wild. You may get a lot of compliments from it due to its almost obnoxious projection. For a summer fragrance I much rather like Chanel Allure Sport.

31st May, 2014

del's avatar

Versace Man Eau Fraiche starts off citrusy, and ends musky sweet. Hint of woods holds everything together. A common "aquatic" scent -- fresh, clean, and light, but projects quite nicely. Doesn't have lasting power though, so if you're into this type of scent, reapplication is necessary.

Eau Fraiche has a casual and youthful feel. It isn’t bad for warmer months, but for the price there are better options of this genre out there. Hence, the neutral rating.

05 April, 2014

padhee83's avatar

India India

Blah!!!!!Nothing Special.I have nothing against the perfume but it is redundant and boring.It is fresh with citrus,apple and some woods.I am not a fan of the opening but the dry down is good.I get this bubble gum vibe now and then which sometimes get nauseous,maybe coming from the citrus and apple combo but this aspect can sometimes become irritating.Lots of reviewers love this aspect but everyone have their own opinion.
    Longevity is nice with 6-8 hours and has a great sillage.No complaints in this aspect.

Among the fresh scents I love L eau D'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake.Versace Eau Fraiche has nothing in common to that scent but they are fresh scents.It is ok and good for hot days and tropical weather.May be azzaro chrome fans looking for a similar scent will like
    Versace Man Eau Fraîche.
    Nice and safe but nothing new.

03 November, 2013

Smathersx's avatar

Clean but feminine

This smells nice and clean but is somewhat emasculating to my nose. My wife wore a lot of DG Light Blue, then she got me this. I think I smell a bit like her with this on. Also, seems to be a short lived scent.

Pros: You will smell fresh
    Cons: Like a dryer sheet. Somewhat feminine "

22 July, 2013

TheNotoriousMAZ's avatar

A friend of mine owns this one, and I decided to give it try when I saw it on the counter in his bathroom. It has a unique fruity smell (from the star fruit I'm guessing), and is very clean. It didn't seem to agree with my skin though and it got a bit sour later on. As far as Versace goes, I am a bigger fan of Pour Homme than this. I am sure this cologne works a lot better in a more tropical setting.

23 April, 2013

LovesGotMeHigh's avatar

Ehhh....it's okay. Nothing spectacular. Great for play time in my opinion. Pour homme by versace would be a better choice if you ask me. I like the sour apple smell but, I wouldn't buy a 3.4oz. Great looking bottle design but...the juice is okay...just ...okay.

05 December, 2012

's avatar

Generic and boring citrus aquatic theme. At least it has a good longevity in my skin. For me it smells the same as Light Blue by D&G.

25 October, 2012

Gary F's avatar

Nice subtle opening, but after an hour or so it smelled like I had stuck my head in a box of laundry detergent. A very long lasting fragrance. The nicest part was after about 8 hours when the extreme soapiness wore off and its "fraiche"-ness kicked in.

24 October, 2012

Darvant's avatar

In line with the modern items, namely aqueous, citrusy (lemony) and fruity-floral while endly soapy, musky but at once gummy and chemical. There is a whiff of exoticism in its fruitiness that is mostly hesperidic but also made of watery equatorial fruits and apple. The base is delicate, dry, slightly talky and spicy-cool because of a touch of saffron. A current kind of smell and nothing else.

18 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 April, 2012)

TW Bolek's avatar

Poland Poland

Good, modern, wimpy scent both for casual and smart wear. Very good longevity and optimal sillage. Boring and predictable.

22 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 12 January, 2013)

Notreveh's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Versace eau Fraiche is all about lemon and apples.

This one starts out very fresh with a citrus vibe into it that trough time gives space to a very good apple smell. Perfect for very hot climates like here in Brazil, specially cause it lasts and projects a lot. A girl can pull this off easily, since it is very similar to D&G Light Blue.

A must buy for anyone who enjoys citrus fragrances, which is not my taste.

21st August, 2011

Izzy's avatar

This smells like Hugo Energize not very unique. All I get from this is melon it doesn't deserve the hype it gets on you tube. To my nose Hugo Energize does the scent of melons better. It's not bad but it's not great!

10th August, 2011

Nomader's avatar

I am not a fan of this cologne. I do own it, and for the first few weeks it did well on me. But it has become my least favorite out of my collection since then. I'm sure this works on many guys, as it is quite popular, but it just wasn't for me. There is such promise in the dry down, after about an hour it smells good.. for about an hour. That gives it such a small window to perform while you're out and about. I'm sort of strange in that I enjoy smelling my collection every day... this bottle is the one I enjoy sniffing the least. BUT, as I said, it doesn't smell terrible, just a bit boring and safe.

10th August, 2011

Buzzlepuff's avatar

This fragrance is built around the same blend of aroma chemical freshness that is becoming commonplace now as they figure out how not to offend people with it. It is a sense of expansive goodness at the center of the thing. The good aspect about Eau Fraiche is that it doesn't do anything terribly offensive, while also being very difficult to pin down as to what might be good about it too. At opening the fragrance smells vaguely like Windex glass cleaner and transitions quickly into a strengthened version of this mildly aromatic and woody blue scent. At the center of the little bits of pleasing smell is an uplifting chemical wonderment that has a quality of elevation with a sense of pleasantness. Because there is no noticeable offensive quality about Eau Fraiche, I might be tempted to give it a thumbs up review. It doesn't offend me at all to wear it. It is clean, uplifiting, not too tart, not too harsh, not too citric, not too sweet, and generally it smells good. But, not standing for anything at all is really not an interesting way to live, is it? On balance it is much better than many other fresh fragrances. I might keep a bottle around for occasions when I don't want to stand out while still maintaining some social obsequious stance.

27 March, 2011

DerrickM's avatar

I really like the two distinct smells that I get in the beginning, and after it's dried down; but they're so different that I can't consider this to be super high quality.

The first ten minutes seem very floral, feminine, but enjoyable. After an hour or so it calms down. By the end of the day only the base remains--smells much more masculine, but very much lighter.

So, I can't apply this strong enough to smell good after 8 hours, unless I'm willing to reek of perfume for the first hour.

I do like it, and will continue to wear it on occasion.

18 January, 2011

GRIM's avatar

A shy version of the original.
    Tobacco is replaced with cedar & woods and sitted next to some mild fruits (basically only a mix of lemon and star fruit). I was sincerely hoping for the carambola to be more punchy. Maybe I`ll appreciate it more when I`ll use it during the next heat wave.
    This should easily please fans of aquatics.

15 January, 2011

SmellMeister's avatar

Disappointed with this one. Saw some great reviews and bought a small bottle blind, but all I got was weak, inoffensive citrus. Nothing to dislike about it - apart from its blandness - but there are 100s of others that do the same job without the designer name and price.

14 October, 2010

manicboy's avatar

D&G Light Blue for men. It's OK, opening is decent but then falls apart. Possibly the most indifferent fragrance in masculine history. I can't love this nor can I hate it. It's just there.

28 May, 2010

Lo Grecco's avatar

I have to agree. This frag smells exactly as Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Feminine. The only difference between the two is power and sillage in favor to the first one. Said so, I´ll take the Light Blue.

24 March, 2010

SWB's avatar

I have to agree with those reviews that say that this is a synthetic smelling fresh fragrance. Honestly, I have a difficult time wearing this as there is something in its composition that is borderline migraine-inducing for me.

On the plus side, if someone is looking for a better-blended Acqua di Gio, this might be for you. This is smoother and doesn't turn sour as AdG is wont to do. Nor does Versace eau fraiche have the cloying pepper note that AdG does.

Overall, Versace eau fraiche is a distinctly mediocre fragrance. It is definitely not for everyone. Try it before you buy it.

23 March, 2010

gmoney's avatar

Agree with many previous reviews, it smells great for as long as it lasts. Try pairing it with the aftershave if you want it to last longer.

12 March, 2010

MrFragranceReview's avatar

I've come to realize you need to either love the smell of a fragrance at first smell, after it develops on your skin or preferably both to warrant a purchase you wont regret.

Versace Man Eau Fraiche was neither for me. It was hard to detect it initially although it did smell good but the longevity and sillage were horrible. Light Blue Pour Femme does this scent much better with both better sillage and longevity.

22 January, 2010

trapper's avatar

Romania Romania

I don't know what's the big deal with it, but ladies, oh they adore this, they are DRAWN LIKE A MAGNET TO IT. It's sweetness takes bits of it's masculinity and for me it's just too citrusy. But if you wear a cologne for the ladies, you should get this.

03 December, 2009

Squirt's avatar

I fall into the 'doesn't last long on me' group. The first hour it smells great, fresh, slightly sweet but quickly disappears.

23 February, 2009

vawallpa's avatar

Hmmm, nothing like the original Versace Man. It certainly is fresh with a zesty lemon about it, but fails to be anything more than that. It is a nice fragrance recommended for the summer but not the greatest in its group.

11th February, 2009

classysmell's avatar

Although the this cologne lasts all day, the smell seems to lack something. I really can smell only the pepper which may be overpowering to some people. Overall it's a good scent for a summer day.

28 January, 2009

Shaheen's avatar

This fragrance incorporates a prominent star fruit note, and I love the smell of starfruit. This is light and airy, sweet, and slightly "perfumey." Sillage is decent and longevity average.

But I don't like it. It's an anemic fragrance...there's just something missing in the composition that leaves a lot to be desired. It has a "hollow" texture or feel and leaves me unsatisfied. I came across someone at work wearing this fragrance and had the same reaction when smelling this on someone else's skin.

It should be noted that this smells nothing like the original Versace Man.

29 August, 2008 (Last Edited: 25 October, 2009)

ToughCool's avatar

Sillage and longivity was the death of this scent for me. I love it when it is first on and the drydown was great. But I lost it over minutes it seemed and I never could get my wife or anyone else to detect it on me. That may be the opposite of many. It is a shame too because the lightness and fresh feeling I got from it was great.

07 July, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

Yep, this is fresh, like the name says. It's a nipping citrus that's airy and blows over quickly. Smells fine and works in the heat but if you like heavier fragrances then look elsewhere.

16 June, 2008