Positive Reviews of Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Find out more about Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

colormechris's avatar

An excellent, clean sharp citrusy-slightly herby concoction. This one sneaks up on you and you realize what a well-balanced composition it is. Brings to mind Mediterranean islands, white sand, blue Speedos, dark tans, fizzy gin based summer drinks. Not precisely distinctive; but for a citrusy, warm weather perfume it's excellent. The kind of thing you can take a bath in. Has a nice warm underpinning, like a beach towel that's been sitting in the sun.

21st October, 2014

CGR's avatar

I really like Versace Man Eau Fraiche simply because it is a great summer scent that projects considerablly well during the heat. All i get out of this scent however is lemons, lemons and more lemons. So if you don't like the smell of lemons then I would be sure to tell you that you aren't going to like this. I get more like a sour lemon vibe from it. With it smelling like lemons it is extremely fresh and I would say it's still quite manly and not that feminine. The lasting time time i get out of this on my skin depends on wether i'm in heat or not. When it's reacting with the heat it lasts about 6-7 hours on my skin but if it's a colder climate it is about 4-5 hours. If you are to spray on clothes, it lasts for days. Overall I give this scent 7/10.

05th August, 2014

badboyzinc's avatar

This stuff smells great. I love it for a summer fragrance definitely get the lemon beachy smell of it although my nose is not fine tuned to pick out all of the notes. This is by far my favorite Versace fragrance.

06th July, 2014

Skilar16's avatar

It makes me feel clean and fresh, and is an amazing summer scent! It lasts pretty good on my skin, and this could very well be my favorite summer fragrance!

26th May, 2014

cologne65's avatar

Versace man is a light fragrance but not nearly as good as versace's other brands eros or pour homme. does not last long when wearing it either. good but not great.

06th January, 2014

rbaker's avatar

Summer fraîche

The lemon opening gets a nice extra twist with starfruit and an amazingly bright cedar note with tarragon admixed. Light and bright but not boring. Later a touch of light musk is added in the base, but on my skin this is the lightness of a summer aquatic - an aquatic with a touch of originality and quality. And like most aquatics it is on the ephemeral side: longevity two hours.

05th September, 2013

VanMarlton's avatar

Lovely Scent

Originally got this as a gift and really enjoyed that bottle, so much so that I went out and bought a replacement when it ran out. The smell is very fresh and clean. I guess it is classified as aquatic and I am loving it for the summer.

My "collection" is very modest but so far from what I used this particular one received the most compliments, but it is not overly sweet like some of the usual compliment getters (none of which I own). I feel like this fragrance is surprisingly underrated.

26th August, 2013

OCNBreeze7's avatar

Eau Fraiche is a Versace Hit..!! It is in my Top Five..!!

The French definition of "Eau Fraiche" is "fresh water"... This cologne fits that description well. Somewhere between a sport and powder, this scent is soft and clean. While definitely a summer cologne, it can be used for any occasion and during any season. There has been some criticism that Man Eau Fraiche cologne fades easily - I have found that is not the case. I suppose it depends on the "body chemistry". Versace scores again with this fragrance and should be added to any collection. Definitely in my top 5. Amazon delivered great service at an amazingly low price. Five stars..!!

13th May, 2013

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

So simple but so good. Sure there were a lot of like it before and after 2006. so it kind of gets lost in the masses, but still even today I find this scent quite amusing and pleasant. Nothing spectacular, nothing original I'll agree with this, but it'll please the crowd and better yet it'll please a/the girl that's near you.

17th April, 2013

Sly2scents's avatar

This fragrance is a projection beast. I think the warmer it is outside the more it projects, especially if you have spray it on pulse points. Every time I spray this it reminds me of the beach watching the waves crash into the rocky gorge. This scent can take you places.

10th April, 2013

CASUAL's avatar

This scent has become my favorite summer citrus scent. I dont really get the bubble gum vibe as other people have mentioned but I do kind of see what they mean. To me this smells like a very sweet orange which I absolutley LOVE! the longevity and projection of this cologne really shines in hot weather.

08th January, 2013

Jaime N's avatar

Portugal Portugal

This smells great. Very clean, fresh and sophisticated. It has a Mediterranean Summer vibe that I really dig. Thumbs up!

18th December, 2012

sjg3839's avatar

Got quite a few compliments wearing this one. This is a club banger. NUFF SAID!

09th October, 2012

Smelly Dude's avatar

A very nice, fresh fragrance. Opens up with a generic citrusy note but eventually dries down into grapefruit territory. Silliage is quite gentle. Reasonable longevity. Not offensive, although possibly works a little better as a weekend/casual fragrance than as an office scent.

Last summer, my go-to scent was Versace Pour Homme. I think next summer, I'll put some Man Eau Fraiche into the rotation for a bit of variety.

19th August, 2012

UTLonghorns's avatar

For starters, this has been the most complimented summer scent I have ever worn. One major positive is that this isn't cool water or AdG, and therefore does not have the overplayed vibe (yet). It's fresh, citrusy, class, and PERFECT for summer.

That being said, it is also linear. Some may not have a problem with that, because the dry down is as good as the opening. Fresh, non-offensive, inviting. Cologne snobs will probably knock this one though for not being daring or something like that. That is fine; in the meantime they will reach for other colognes that might be more cloying in the summer but have more "personality".

Moreover, there is also reasonable elusion to D and G's light blue perfume. This has been pointed out in the past by previous reviewers and I certainly agree. They are no means identical; and this one is certainly more masculine. But is it is a bit on the unisex side; when you but it side by side with say, AGD or Polo Blue. Again there is nothing wrong with this for many people but the bottom line is you may mistake D ang G's Light Blue Perfume for this at some point.

All in all this is good. I can't complain that my fiance goes nuts for it and repeatedly reminds me that this is her favorite. I can't be mad about that..

24th July, 2012

tothemax123's avatar

this is a great fragrance for the summer/spring. it gives me that ck one summer vive put with woods in the background. the scent smells like a blast of citrus and apple. after that dies down, the fruit fades away and its more woody. at this point its subtle, that you hae to smell your wrist. longevity is spotty. it projects well, and it smells great!

18th June, 2012

firz84's avatar

Singapore Singapore

I've been using Versace Eau Fraiche for a few months and I must say this smells great. Citrus opening that will make you go "aaaahh...". Use it during hot days and this fragrance will shine. It can also be worn casually in office as it doesn't really project like a beast. As much as I love this, it would be great if it could lasts longer as I only get about 5 hours max on my skin.

Overall, I think that Versace Eau Fraiche not bad of a fragrance. It's not the best but it does its job well in the hot sun. I give it a rating of 8/10.

15th June, 2012

noahumd's avatar

This scent is amazing. I have gotten compliments on it almost everywhere I go - and there's a trick to how I've done it. A big criticism of this scent is its lack of longevity.

Although it fades quickly on the skin - it stays forever on the clothes!!! Spray it on any article of clothing, and smell it the next day. It's simply amazing. The most fresh scent you can create - it smells like it was right out of the dryer.

It is this freshness that saves this cologne, and turns it from a short night out scent to an everyday one.

14th June, 2012

exciter76's avatar

VM Eau Fraîche smells like a reinterpretation of citric heavy-hitters such as D&G’s Light Blue, Moschino’s I Love Love, BBW’s White Citrus and Azzaro’s Chrome, all of which I adore. It’s certainly more hesperidic than it is woody, with a little bit of spice and an iota of sweetness. There is more of a lemon-rinds-than-lemonade feeling happening here. The lack of sweetness and the woodiness of it all make this a tad more masculine than unisex, but it still feels unisex nevertheless. It has hefty projection and a pleasant amount of sillage, qualities citrus scents sometimes lack. It’s relatively linear from first spray to last drydown but it does take an ever-so-slightly powdery turn in the drydown. As a citrus lover I really enjoyed this one and may spring for a full bottle. VMEF is citrus with panache.

30th May, 2012

noirdrakkar's avatar

While this one is versatile and could be worn by any age, I think younger people (under 30, and especially under 25) will appreciate this one the most.

This is a fresh/fruity/citrus scent overall, heir apparent to Acqua Di Gio. It doesn't start fresh and then dry down as a dark heavy fragrance like many do. It is consistent throughout. It's longevity and projection are below average, which means that is should not be used for winter, much of fall or a cool night. This is for a warm or hot day. This is perfect for the summer. In brutally hot weather, where most fragrances become cloying, this one does not.

This scent is play-it-safe easy compliment getter. This is not your bold, unique, daring fragrance. While in retail, this can be expensive, you can buy it really cheap on eBay.

There may be better overall, but if you are looking for something you can just spray on at a hot day at the beach, this is it.

7.5/10

10th May, 2012 (Last Edited: 14th July, 2012)

Vellyr's avatar

Smells like very nice soap with a hint of, for lack of a better word, a very "Indian" oriental/incensy undertone. Definitely a winner.

18th March, 2012

The Israelite's avatar

The opening to this fragrance is very very citrusy with a strong blast of alcohol however the alcohol quickly fades and you are left with a mainly lemon note. The lemon note calms down a little after 20mins and then you get a sweet apple scent coming through behind the lemon.

After around 40mins this fragrance begins to dry down and the sharp citrus notes begin to mellow and becomes a little bit musky.
    I really like the freshness of this fragrance however I wish it projected a little more and the longevity was a bit better. (around 4 hours).

I have a feeling this fragrance would do alot better outside in the sun.

Projection:7
    Longevity:6
    Fragrance:8

21st February, 2012

Lobster2010's avatar

England England

Great strong citrus fragrance.

Starts off very fresh and very very lemony with a bit of apple that people have mentioned. If you like lemon, this will make you happy.

The citrus smell won't go away but it takes a seat and allows a bit of wood and spice to gently take centre stage as well.

I am happy with longetivity and projection. It is not the strongest fragrance in my collection, but for the price, smell and bottle design, it had to be purchased :)

07th January, 2012

dollars&scents's avatar

Versace Man Eau Fraiche by Versace - Upon application, one is treated to a zesty, citrus scent, furnished by the lemon and bergamot, combining with a sweet fruitiness, supplied by the exotic carambola. This invigorating opening floats on an air of sweet woodiness from the rosewood, and imparts a spirited freshness. Transitioning to the middle, a concoction of dry, cedar leaves, faint licorice from the tarragon, spicy pepper and hint of sage eclipses the opening. This wonderful heart stews a bit, then segues to the comforting base. A light woodiness from the sycamore commingles with the sweet amber and musk, accented by the freshness from the saffron floral to provide a refreshing drydown. This spring and summer composition has average longevity and projection.

25th November, 2011

ElNino-7-'s avatar

Love this fragrance, I've tried a lot lately and this is my fav, especially for the daytime or a casual evening. Smells so fresh and unique, I get good sillage with sprays on neck and chest.

19th October, 2011

me2xv's avatar

I purchased a miniature of Versace Man Eau Fraiche and I really like it. Some people say it smells like apples, but to me it smells more like bubble gum / cotton candy. As for projection, it does not project that much - at least on me.

This is currently one of my favorite scents for summer. After I finish the miniature, I will be purchasing a larger bottle.

06th September, 2011

Diki24's avatar

I really loved this perfume. It feels so modern and evolved. Projection is great and longevity is moderate. But it covers up with its fresh and complex aroma.
    I read a lot of negative reviews about it but i still went ahead with at as a blind buy. And i feel so good about it now.

Highly recommended!!

01st September, 2011

apayne182's avatar

Definitely not a bad fragrance. I get an apple vibe which feels more like a bubblegum. Not much else to say, nice. Good everyday summer scent that I will wear. Yeah, projection and longevity are ho-hum but i usually put one spray on my shirt. Nice smell, bubblegum/fruit vibe, with a little sweetness in the dry-down with slight pick up of the spice. Because I do enjoy it, it gets a thumbs up

04th May, 2011

dracdoc's avatar

Great summer scent that reminds me of lemons, woodsy and an aquatic feel all rolled into one. Overall it is very in-offensive but doesn't really JUMP out at you. that being said, its an excellent scent and I would recommend it.

22nd February, 2011

kurt0's avatar

Pretty unisex and high energy IMO. Strong lemon at the top, drys down to a nice woody base. I love this in the cold since it's so crisp at top. I have yet to test it out during hot days!

19th February, 2011