Positive Reviews of Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

This is fresh, my wife loves it, her freinds like it. I dont seem to tire of this one ive had a few bottles its always in my rotation esp in spring. Its hard to describe the smell its almost woodsy aquatic to me. Great longevity i still like the european purple one better.
02nd January, 2017
I blind bought this one based on the good reviews, in the beginning I was neutral to the scent, out of the box it seemed just like any aquatic fresh fragrance.
After few weeks of use, i started to like it more and more.I think the scent is beautifully balanced without beeing soapy.Masculine but not overpowering.Casual but far from cheap. I notice people around me seem to like it, especially it draws attention from the women at the gym.This is perfect for spring, summer in shorts or jeans .After gym or to the night out. Totally versatile. Totally recommend this .
13th December, 2016
First off, I love the scent. It's a great, fresh, lemon and star fruit aquatic that seems to be fairly linear.

I was in target yesterday and was able to get a 1.7 oz bottle for $30, so I decided to try it out. Now it could be because it's winter, it could be because I got it from target (who knows how old the juice is?), but the sillage and longevity simply isn't there. After getting Eros last year, I expected a lot more in terms of this. If you're looking for something beyond a skin scent, I can't recommend it at this point. This may change come spring or summer.

What does this remind me of? I would have to say if Acqua di Gio and CK One had a baby, this would be the baby. I would also call it Versace PH's little brother, despite it being a year or few older.

I think this is a "juvenile" citrus and would be best used in the summer as a casual fragrance. If I had to give an age range, I'd say anyone from 16 to 30 could pull this off.

Overall, this is a very inoffensive citrusy scent that would be worth a lot more if it simply lasted. This is definitely worth a try, but I'm not sure I can say it's worth a buy yet.
27th November, 2016 (last edited: 28th November, 2016)

Nice, refreshing cologne for summer time.
19th November, 2016
A perfect name for a wonderful cologne. Citrus with a delicious sweetness to it. It’s a bit on the feminine side, but smells so good that I’m not bothered by that. I probably wouldn’t even mind if my lady wore it.
07th November, 2016
My favorite men's cologne. A lot of colognes make me sick. But Versace Eau Fraiche matches my body chemistry and I enjoy wearing it.
06th September, 2016
I totally Agree with AndrewTheCologneGuy. This being such a pleasant and unoffensive scent i am unable to understand the negative reviews. Well My wife loves D&G Light Blue for her and even i used to Love it. I even used to quitely apply it sometimes......
But this is truly a Male version of the D&G Light Blue for her.
I enjoy this scent immensely. It also has similarities to Antonio Bandera's Blue Seduction which can be a cheaper altenative for someone not willing to buy Eau Fraiche.

Longetivity seems fine right now in Winter as i get 3 to 5 hours. Have to test it in Summers to verify the claims that it lasts better in heat.

Amazing Fragrance not very deep but very zesty and sparkling never the less.
14th December, 2015
This was a cologne that I was fortunate and blessed to have a plethora of samples for a long period of time. Honestly, I don't remember how I acquired them, but I just remember strangely having a ridiculous amount of vials for a long time—like they would just fall out of my travel bag when I wasn't looking.

On to the scent, it was pretty sharp, sour, and slightly woody. It is in the same ball park as Bleu De Chanel, but not quite as deep, round, or natural in the smell.

I have never smelled star fruit before unto itself, but I am assuming, just from other's comments, that it births the sour smell. The sour is not bad, though, think sour adult beverages that are pretty refreshing in the summer heat; I would say that compliments the woods in the base well.

Performance is excellent. I was getting compliments on this pretty regularly at work in the military, where commenting on somebody's cologne is definitely out of the norm. I like to think if somebody is willing enough to reach out through that barrier of discomfort then it must be pleasing enough to warrant the compliment in spite of it.

Finally, overall this is a solid summer fragrance. If you can get over the syntheticness, that is typical of many Versaces, then this is really hard to beat for the price. Somewhat unique, crowd pleasing, performing, and affordable this is a true gem. Not the best, but it is the kind of the price point at the very least.
28th November, 2015
BEACH IN A BOTTLE!! when i spray this amazing fragrance, i feel like being in the beach with my friends, playing frisbee and talking to beautiful women in bikinis.

this is the most fresh, energetic and sexy summer fragrance i have ever smelled.

the only cons of this one is his versatility. it only works in the summer, and in the highest heat, but for that purpose is the best.

i've you have never being to the beach, or its been a while since the last time, this fragrance will immediately take you there!

8.5/10
13th September, 2015
I really like this fragrance from Versace. I had assumed this to be a flanker of VpH, but actually Eau Fraiche was released two years earlier. Like VpH, EF is a clean, fresh, summer scent that to me is decidedly less complex and certainly less sweet than VpH. EF is more of a lemon juice aquatic IMO, as the lemon notes tend towards the tart and to some may seem slightly sour. There's a little bit of spice to balance the lemon development out and the woods and musk continue to give off a fresh laundry type feeling. EF exudes summer weather and activities outdoors in the sunshine. Most definitely a compliment getter.

Unfortunately for me, EF replicates many summer fragrances that are already in my collection, and I could only see wearing EF in casual daytime occaisions, so it's probably not going on my buy list. A very nice scent nonetheless.
16th April, 2015
An excellent, clean sharp citrusy-slightly herby concoction. This one sneaks up on you and you realize what a well-balanced composition it is. Brings to mind Mediterranean islands, white sand, blue Speedos, dark tans, fizzy gin based summer drinks. Not precisely distinctive; but for a citrusy, warm weather perfume it's excellent. The kind of thing you can take a bath in. Has a nice warm underpinning, like a beach towel that's been sitting in the sun.
21st October, 2014
I really like Versace Man Eau Fraiche simply because it is a great summer scent that projects considerablly well during the heat. All i get out of this scent however is lemons, lemons and more lemons. So if you don't like the smell of lemons then I would be sure to tell you that you aren't going to like this. I get more like a sour lemon vibe from it. With it smelling like lemons it is extremely fresh and I would say it's still quite manly and not that feminine. The lasting time time i get out of this on my skin depends on wether i'm in heat or not. When it's reacting with the heat it lasts about 6-7 hours on my skin but if it's a colder climate it is about 4-5 hours. If you are to spray on clothes, it lasts for days. Overall I give this scent 7/10.
05th August, 2014
This stuff smells great. I love it for a summer fragrance definitely get the lemon beachy smell of it although my nose is not fine tuned to pick out all of the notes. This is by far my favorite Versace fragrance.
06th July, 2014

It makes me feel clean and fresh, and is an amazing summer scent! It lasts pretty good on my skin, and this could very well be my favorite summer fragrance!
26th May, 2014
Versace man is a light fragrance but not nearly as good as versace's other brands eros or pour homme. does not last long when wearing it either. good but not great.
06th January, 2014
Versace Man Eau Fraiche Versace

My review has taken a complete U turn.Initially I was not impressed with the scent and now I love it.VMEF works wonderfully well in the heat and has great longevity as well as projection.I have many perfumes but I have to admit VMEF is the most complimented one.It is also my wife's favourite.It is also the best beach scent.What more can I ask in a perfume.Fresh and woody with a wonderful fruity scent.Two thumbs up!!!Sorry VMEF I misunderstood you initially.

It is a better smelling scent than Versace Pour Homme period.If you smell it on yourself or on someone else it is any time better than Versace Pour Homme.All this non versatile and short lived smell comments seems exaggerated.8 hours of longevity with fantastic sillage.
Best summer scent for sure.
03rd November, 2013 (last edited: 24th July, 2017)
rbaker Show all reviews
Summer fraîche

The lemon opening gets a nice extra twist with starfruit and an amazingly bright cedar note with tarragon admixed. Light and bright but not boring. Later a touch of light musk is added in the base, but on my skin this is the lightness of a summer aquatic - an aquatic with a touch of originality and quality. And like most aquatics it is on the ephemeral side: longevity two hours.

05th September, 2013
Lovely Scent

Originally got this as a gift and really enjoyed that bottle, so much so that I went out and bought a replacement when it ran out. The smell is very fresh and clean. I guess it is classified as aquatic and I am loving it for the summer.

My "collection" is very modest but so far from what I used this particular one received the most compliments, but it is not overly sweet like some of the usual compliment getters (none of which I own). I feel like this fragrance is surprisingly underrated.

26th August, 2013
Eau Fraiche is a Versace Hit..!! It is in my Top Five..!!

The French definition of "Eau Fraiche" is "fresh water"... This cologne fits that description well. Somewhere between a sport and powder, this scent is soft and clean. While definitely a summer cologne, it can be used for any occasion and during any season. There has been some criticism that Man Eau Fraiche cologne fades easily - I have found that is not the case. I suppose it depends on the "body chemistry". Versace scores again with this fragrance and should be added to any collection. Definitely in my top 5. Amazon delivered great service at an amazingly low price. Five stars..!!
13th May, 2013
So simple but so good. Sure there were a lot of like it before and after 2006. so it kind of gets lost in the masses, but still even today I find this scent quite amusing and pleasant. Nothing spectacular, nothing original I'll agree with this, but it'll please the crowd and better yet it'll please a/the girl that's near you.
17th April, 2013
This fragrance is a projection beast. I think the warmer it is outside the more it projects, especially if you have spray it on pulse points. Every time I spray this it reminds me of the beach watching the waves crash into the rocky gorge. This scent can take you places.
10th April, 2013
CASUAL Show all reviews
This scent has become my favorite summer citrus scent. I dont really get the bubble gum vibe as other people have mentioned but I do kind of see what they mean. To me this smells like a very sweet orange which I absolutley LOVE! the longevity and projection of this cologne really shines in hot weather.
08th January, 2013
This smells great. Very clean, fresh and sophisticated. It has a Mediterranean Summer vibe that I really dig. Thumbs up!
18th December, 2012
Got quite a few compliments wearing this one. This is a club banger. NUFF SAID!
09th October, 2012
A very nice, fresh fragrance. Opens up with a generic citrusy note but eventually dries down into grapefruit territory. Silliage is quite gentle. Reasonable longevity. Not offensive, although possibly works a little better as a weekend/casual fragrance than as an office scent.

Last summer, my go-to scent was Versace Pour Homme. I think next summer, I'll put some Man Eau Fraiche into the rotation for a bit of variety.
19th August, 2012
For starters, this has been the most complimented summer scent I have ever worn. One major positive is that this isn't cool water or AdG, and therefore does not have the overplayed vibe (yet). It's fresh, citrusy, class, and PERFECT for summer.

That being said, it is also linear. Some may not have a problem with that, because the dry down is as good as the opening. Fresh, non-offensive, inviting. Cologne snobs will probably knock this one though for not being daring or something like that. That is fine; in the meantime they will reach for other colognes that might be more cloying in the summer but have more "personality".

Moreover, there is also reasonable elusion to D and G's light blue perfume. This has been pointed out in the past by previous reviewers and I certainly agree. They are no means identical; and this one is certainly more masculine. But is it is a bit on the unisex side; when you but it side by side with say, AGD or Polo Blue. Again there is nothing wrong with this for many people but the bottom line is you may mistake D ang G's Light Blue Perfume for this at some point.

All in all this is good. I can't complain that my fiance goes nuts for it and repeatedly reminds me that this is her favorite. I can't be mad about that..
24th July, 2012
this is a great fragrance for the summer/spring. it gives me that ck one summer vive put with woods in the background. the scent smells like a blast of citrus and apple. after that dies down, the fruit fades away and its more woody. at this point its subtle, that you hae to smell your wrist. longevity is spotty. it projects well, and it smells great!
18th June, 2012
I've been using Versace Eau Fraiche for a few months and I must say this smells great. Citrus opening that will make you go "aaaahh...". Use it during hot days and this fragrance will shine. It can also be worn casually in office as it doesn't really project like a beast. As much as I love this, it would be great if it could lasts longer as I only get about 5 hours max on my skin.

Overall, I think that Versace Eau Fraiche not bad of a fragrance. It's not the best but it does its job well in the hot sun. I give it a rating of 8/10.
15th June, 2012
This scent is amazing. I have gotten compliments on it almost everywhere I go - and there's a trick to how I've done it. A big criticism of this scent is its lack of longevity.

Although it fades quickly on the skin - it stays forever on the clothes!!! Spray it on any article of clothing, and smell it the next day. It's simply amazing. The most fresh scent you can create - it smells like it was right out of the dryer.

It is this freshness that saves this cologne, and turns it from a short night out scent to an everyday one.
14th June, 2012
VM Eau Fraîche smells like a reinterpretation of citric heavy-hitters such as D&G’s Light Blue, Moschino’s I Love Love, BBW’s White Citrus and Azzaro’s Chrome, all of which I adore. It’s certainly more hesperidic than it is woody, with a little bit of spice and an iota of sweetness. There is more of a lemon-rinds-than-lemonade feeling happening here. The lack of sweetness and the woodiness of it all make this a tad more masculine than unisex, but it still feels unisex nevertheless. It has hefty projection and a pleasant amount of sillage, qualities citrus scents sometimes lack. It’s relatively linear from first spray to last drydown but it does take an ever-so-slightly powdery turn in the drydown. As a citrus lover I really enjoyed this one and may spring for a full bottle. VMEF is citrus with panache.
30th May, 2012