Reviews of Eau de Cèdre / Cèdre Blanc by Heeley

Find out more about Eau de Cèdre / Cèdre Blanc by Heeley in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

madwit17's avatar

I get cumin and a vague, indeterminate green note from this. That's it. Just a few minutes in and I'm hyperventilating to try to smell it at all thanks to the solid disappearing act it's done on my arm (which, I suppose, on the bright side, will save me the trouble of washing it off). What little I imagine I might be able to smell does not outright bad but it doesn't smell particularly appealing, either. The ghost of a burned pile of grass. Actually that sounds like it would smell alright. Better than this.

17 December, 2011

Oh_Hedgehog's avatar

Following a change of name (originally this was Eau de Cèdre) and adjustment of the formulation (possibly to appease complaints about its poor longevity), Heeley's Cèdre Blanc no longer appears on the Heeley website and could well have been discontinued. This would be no terrible loss. The fragrance is a thin accord of cumin, green leaves and a touch of cedar, and might have been more accurately named 'Cumin Vert'. The greenery smells like a combination of cut grass and violet leaf, with an overall effect of cucumber. With its washed-out cumin, cedar and violet, this smells like a waterlogged version of Bois de Violette, diluted almost beyond recognition.

07 March, 2011

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

This is ridiculous. A cedar so soft and fleeting it hardly reads as cedar. A vaguely "fresh" and "cool" and "clean" cologne with perhaps a slight woody vibe. I love cedar so it was quite a disappointment, but I guess I should have taken the "eau" in the name more seriously...

20th June, 2007

iMaverick's avatar

Transparent, woody and fresh. I love it, but you really need to bathe in this to get some decent body and sillage. Not worth the price for a bottle, sadly.

29 April, 2007

Joe_Frances's avatar

A fresh, clean woody scent of cedar, that to me is reminiscent of the split logs in a lumberyard. This would make an excellent substitute in the spring and summer to a citrus accord. Moderate longevity, this is natural and evocative of a wood that is not warm or mellow like sandalwood, but clean and crisp. This is not at all sweet. Works in all types of situations, and is marvelously different from what others are likely to wear. Very apppropriate for men of all ages.

28 April, 2007

ethereal's avatar

To me, smells just like horseradish.

13 December, 2006