Positive Reviews of Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

I admire Everything at NINA,From the scent to the Design and Feel of The Bottle:LOVE. It is very Famous in My Country. In my opinion it Makes Young Ladies seem more sophisticated. Modern,Cute,Romantic,Bright,Joyful, Fruity and Delicious.

A Dramatic and Youthful Fresh Gourmand Scent. It is Fragrant Nature explores Essence of Lime as it is Tart at the Begnining. The Dominant Green Apple and Something Like Vanilla Scent are in the Middle notes and a Simple base of Musk and Cedar brings Allure to this Sweet And Lovely Fragrance.

NINA is perfect for Romantic Occasion as well as the Office Use at SPRINGTIME. it has a touch of sophistication without being too Overpowering. Anyway If you are Looking for a Beautiful Present for a Young Lady NINA is Definitely For you.

Longevity?Good for a EDT.

23rd April, 2015
Cheerful, flirty and fun. I fell in love with the bottle years ago but found it too expensive on a high school student's budget, so never got around to it. A few weeks ago I rediscovered it on sale and sprayed it on my wrist... instant love. Lovely and fresh and fruity at first with lemon and lime, then settles to a sweet caramel-toffee style apple which remains on me for quite a few hours. Has surprising sillage and longevity for an EDT. Great fun and wonderful for cool autumn days but also on slightly warm spring days.

Though some people have commented this is for teenagers, I disagree. Every person wears it differently - on my little sister who's 14, this smells overly sickly sweet and unsophisticated. On me, I get more of the warmth of the caramel and brightness of the citrus that smells fresh but comforting, and my sister thought we were honestly wearing different perfumes. I guess it's just a matter of testing it on your own skin before deciding to buy it or dismiss it.
07th November, 2012
dimplesg Show all reviews
I'd loved this scent for some time but never got around to purchasing it and only had a sample.

Just before my anniversary, my husband told me to choose a perfume of my choice so I eventually got my 'Nina'.

It is a sweet perfume but not a gourmand IMO. Even though its an EDT it lasts alld day on me.

A very nice scent that I would wear daily and I love the bottle.
01st June, 2012

The first time I tried it...I hated it. Gave it a second chance tonight and the first thing to assault my nose was a sweet/sour citrus, mostly sour, but as it quickly mellowed out the vanilla came through, gently, and something else...floral and maybe tobacco. Right now it's a lovely blend of vanilla, floral, very slight citrus, and tobacco (?) and smells wonderful. I'm wishing it would last longer on my skin, but it didn't the first time. I wouldn't call it sophisticated...more warmly sweet but not too sweet. Enchanting. :)
03rd June, 2011
A gourmand fruity floral that smells good? What is this nonsense? Nina Ricci Nina 2006 I guess. It's mainly this lovely apple blossom and burnt caramel scent accented by light candied citruses and a super-clean musk. Turns out, I smell this everywhere. It's not too sweet or cloying or musky - it seems to agree with everyone - and yet it has a definitive character as a fragrance, a feat in itself in this bloated fragrance category. It's optimistic and sweet and without being stupid.

Not something I would wear, but it is something I would recommend. Perfect for teenage girls and anyone trying to feel like one.
30th May, 2011 (last edited: 08th June, 2011)
Lovely sweet fruity toffee and apple notes in a light girly spring scent; give this a try when you want to feel young and carefree...

Average longevity.

Big thumbs up...!
04th May, 2011
I really love this stuff! I'm older than the "target market" of this perfume (I'm over 40) but who cares, I think this stuff smells great! On me it's apple, caramel and vanilla. I don't get any lemon or lime which is fine by me because I'm not a big fan of citrus in perfume, I also don't get the tobacco that a few have mentioned. I really think this would be great for spring/summer. All in all a very nice scent on me that is not juvenile so I will be investing in a bottle.
03rd April, 2011
I don't know what people expect from a fruity floral, that they seem so disappointed it's both fruity and sweet.

'Nina' is an unequivocally fabulous fruity-floral composition that has tons of recognizable character and bravado, and I daresay if Etat' had produced it and called it 'Bubblegum et Cigarette', it might have garnered a whole different following.

I haven't seen a lot of mention of the bold tobacco note in this perfume, which is surprising, since... by gosh, it's there! And it so sexily both fleshes out and makes risque in its contrasting associations, Nina's adorable, Japanese-style bubblegum, somewhere-between-strawberry-and-sour-apple top bit.

My sensibility further interprets the whole vanillic/ sugared bit not as 'caramel' per se, but as very delft way of uniting its almost-bitter, dark floral/tobacco bit with its bright, fruity aspect, and organizing all of its sensory 'events' into one remarkably cohesive, long-lasting, high-quality scent.

A four-star fruity-floral. If you are into fruity-florals, do not pass this one up!
16th February, 2011
Favorite scent ever. I don't exactly know why. It starts out sweet, but not cloying -- definitely not like Angel or Princess. It's been described as toffee apples but it just doesn't smell that sugary to me. It's fresh, but not "fresh water-like" like Light Blue or Ralph. My favorite part is the cottony, musky dry-down that doesn't quite smell powdery or soapy but has a sort of detergent-like, clean feel to it. Simply amazing.
12th January, 2011
jbr Show all reviews
Since I just finished munching on a chocolate-caramel apple sent to me by relatives for the holidays, it seems apropos to lay down some thoughts on this one now. Despite the candy association though, this one might not be as sweet as you're thinking it is. The florals here read as being very perfumey to me, and act to restrain the sweetness of the edible notes, which leads me to hesitate in classifying Nina as a full-on gourmand. Certainly, Nina is no Angel. I would say this is an excellent near-gourmand for a woman interested in flirting with some edible notes without the full-on foody experience.
05th January, 2011
Normally I don't like fruity perfume, they're usually too sweet but this one is something else! It's fruity, floral, fresh, sweet, and unique. It's the perfume to wear when you're feeling playful or flirty.

I wish they had it as an ETP so it would last longer but otherwise it's a perfect casual spring & summer scent for teens to 30ish. Not suited for those who work in a professional setting though, too sweet and not complex enough. I could see teenagers being able to get away with wearing this at night but I would think girls in their 20's would want something a little more for night time.

The bottle is so cute too!!
22nd July, 2010
The lemon/lime top in Nina combined with the prominent vanilla works to remind me of a similar fragrance, Burberry Brit, only without the powder. Nina is sweeter, juicier, and 100% edible. Attractive and delicious bordering on the dangerous, this is a bubblegum teen fragrance grown up, with a job and a personality, but still very sweet.
14th June, 2010
Nice scent with a unique caramel apple accord in the heart. On my skin, it actually developed from citrusses, to caramel apple, to woods, and was really exciting to wear. Who told me to test this out on myself? My friend's dad, straight as a line like me, and also completely fearless. (He also owns a bottle.) Rock on, Mr. Drylie, rock on.
10th June, 2010

zztopp Show all reviews
Previously a supposedly great green-mossy classic, Nina (2006) is resurrected as a demure floral fruity/gourmand stripped off its greatness by Olivier Cresp and Jacques Cavallier. That it once again takes two great perfumers to pump out a decent but hardly unique girl juice for the young 'uns market is astounding ... Cavallier could have scribbled this formula in his sleep with Cresp laying on the couch making small talk.

The lemon and lime top notes are pleasant enough, leading to the supposed distinctive character of Nina.. a gourmand slush of apple-infused vanilla and soft florals, with the basenotes bringing about a cedary more vanilla infused candy-floss fun. It smells decent if unspectacular...the apple note isn't as well done as in Creed's Spring Flower, and the whole apple-toffee-woods thing is more alluring in DKNY's Red Delicious Men. Plus this overload of vanilla in recent fruity-florals is now getting on my nerves (cue the recent Dior vanilla hacks). Somebody out there please limit the dose of vanilla in such fragrances before we all suffer death by vanilla. Other than all these gripes, Nina should make a decent gift for the high school crowd and the bottle is sure to be a crowd pleaser.

Rating: 6.5/10.0
26th May, 2010
One of my favorites out of hundreds. Just wanted to mention - it's a fruity floral with some candy spicy edge to it. It has a sweetness without being little girl, and is incredibly versatile, gorgeous, and sexy, while having a sophistication beyond many other fruity florals. It got the closest comparison to Coco Mademoiselle and Dior Miss Cherie. It's distinct from both with it's candied accent. The dressier aspect related to Coco Madem the most, while Miss Cherie seemed more frivolous compared to the other 2. Nina is deliciously sexy but not as dark as Midnight Fantasy or Lauren Love; and less fruity and more dressed up than Vera Wang Princess.
23rd March, 2010
Heavenly!! This is sweet and enticing, but much more grown up than other sweet perfumes. (i.e. "Fantasy") The bottle is fairytale perfect. I love this! <3
05th December, 2009
Nina is a sparkling fruity floral fragrance that smells deliciously edible on my skin. It is sweet but not too sweet because there is a tartness to it, if that makes any sense. I do not smell lemon or lime but I do smell a definite apple note, but it is NOT like a sweet DKNY Be Delicious note at all...there is something synthetic about this apple note or maybe it is the notes that mix with the apple? The funny thing , IMO is the synthetic note actually makes this perfume smell so good...go figure. I find myself wearing Nina day or night....Sometimes I can't get enough of it =)
15th November, 2009
This stuff is delicious. The SA had to take the smelling card away from me, I was so tempted to eat it! Nina is a deliciously smelling candy-like floral with smelling like a candy store. Casually sexy!
07th November, 2009
One of very few scents that I have bought after only smelling once. Came across it, went back the next day money in hand. Very sweet, the apple is definitely present, but without the sort of acidic sting that accompanies a lot of other apple scents (bath and body works being the worst offender.) The basenotes are nothing special, but not unpleasant either. I wish the weardown was a little slower; for special occasions you'll definitely want the matching lotion in order for it to have any discernible presence after the first hour or so. One of the most amazing smells in the world, though. I can't wait for summer to be over so I can continue wearing it. It's more of a fall/winter scent, I ditched it once the snow melted.
23rd July, 2009
Fruity, fun and fizzy, this sparkling carefree sugar-pop should have been a load of crap. But it isn't. This is cutesy perfumery at its best and is a million times better than it had to be. The mixture of vanilla and fruit conjures up ice cream, tangy sorbets and Soda Stream. Achingly delicious from every angle.
17th May, 2009
This is a distinctive scent that slices though a room full of other people. It's fresh, sweet and supple.

It's also a fragrance of a former lover, who whenever I smell it on someone else fall helplessly back into my lovestruck days.
27th April, 2009
Fruit and smiles in a bottle. Absolutely love it.
25th February, 2009
i like sweet parfumes and i think this is one of my favourites because it is sweet but also is good for day .i am much of an oriental tipe,but this is the only one with the fresh - sweet notes of apples that i like.
18th January, 2009
I love it. It is one perfume I can wear with no fear of overdoing it. (Daisy is the other). I can slather on the cream and squirt
a few squirts with no fear of offending anybody, or myself. It's sweet, soft, fruity but sophisticated; not teenager-ey.
What is "toffee apple"? Is that like a caramel apple? Or is it the bright shiny red candy kind?
And the apple bottle is too adorable. I broke the little silver leaf lifting it out of the gift box, and had to glue it, be careful.
06th January, 2009
Love this, very fresh and light but floral and feminine. I think I smell the moonflower under the lime and lemon.
24th September, 2008
It's absolutely positive! All the people like it!
13th September, 2008
I love it , love it, love it! Yes it is sweet, but not sickly-so. Although quite "candy-like" it is definately not in the same vein as the heavy & oft-cloying "Angel" or "Flowerbomb". I find Anna Sui's Dolly Girl Bonjour L'Amour to be quite similar.
It's an uplifting fragrance that always turns my frown upside down.
10th July, 2008
I'm onto my second bottle of Nina, it is a gorgeous fruity, sweet (the toffee apple is delicious) and light. The scent does not have particularly good staying power on my skin but I have noticed it stays on my clothes for days! (not that I dont wash my clothes or anything...) It's a lovely, inoffensive scent, perfect for daytime wear, for people who like sweet and fruity perfumes, has to be one of my favourites.
15th June, 2008
Gingersnap Show all reviews
Northern Ireland
I have never had so many compliments on a perfume. It is bright and light, sugary,yet womanly somehow. My husband also loves it and he is very hard to please. Perfect for everyday wear, fresh in summer and a warm hug in winter.
13th June, 2008
The first time I tried Nina I just wanted to get out of the store. I disliked it. Alot. A few months later at another store, the salesgirl suggested I'd try it. Minutes later I found myself buying the cutest little bottle ever. It stays close to the skin, which to me probably prevents it from becoming too much of a good thing. I like to describe Nina as sweet, fruity, girlish and, for some reason, naive. It's careless, happy and adorable.
06th April, 2008