Reviews of F by Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

Oviatt Show all reviews
Sweeter than a Halloween hangover, F by Ferragamo seems to be at odds with the quality of scents we associate with Francis Kurkdjian. Touted as a floral scent with rose, neroli and jasmine in its heart, F is in fact a scent that focuses on a candy-like sweetness wielding all of the impact of blunt force trauma. Later, in the dry down, the floral notes emerge, with an almost rubbery tuberose note joining the other florals. This lacks the development and layered counterpoint of Kurkdjian's signature style and it would be interesting to know what his creative brief from Ferragamo was. F has been compared to the notoriously sweet Amarige, whose sweetness comes from honeyed fruit instead of sugared candy. I can see the connection, but F feels heavy-handed and a bit dull by comparison. For women who long for the sweet shop and the candies of their youth, this might work; I cannot imagine a man wearing this successfully.
06th November, 2017
Smells like cheap candy necklace candy (the kind that look like SweetTarts but aren't) and florals . I think the Jasmine and Orange Blossom aren't working for me in this (it may be the quality of the ingredients or the amount ..hmmm..)
I agree that it does go cheap and chemical.
21st November, 2011
Just by looking at the bottle, one could forgive you for thinking that this would be a strong, perhaps spicy or dominating scent.

In reality, F by Ferragamo is quite sweet, flowery and feminine.

The initial sweetness in the opening certainly took me by surprise. My nose was assaulted with something that smelt like a bag full of lollies. Thankfully this was a scent that I rather enjoyed.

Later a peppery, almost spicy note made an appearance, adding an unusual twist and providing a good introduction for the entrance of the orange blossom, jasmine and rose notes. I feared that this fragrance would become quite boring with the presence of such predictable florals, however the scent stayed true to its strange yet unique beginning.

I think this fragrance would suit anyone of any age, it has enough versatility to do so. It also could be worn all year round, throughout every season. I urge you all to give F by Ferragamo a try.

05th June, 2011

The instant association is pink bubblegum, which just lasts and lasts.
This isn't bad - it's just not for me. Too sweet, too much.
15th April, 2010
Very sweet, candy shop opening. Dries down into a alto tone of white florals and musk. A bit on the heavy side.
07th November, 2009
I really love all of Salvatore Ferragamos fragrances with one exception......F by Ferragamo. This doesn't work for me at all. It really stinks!!!!!! It smells like a mix of overly sweet candy, florals, and cough syrup on my skin. There is also a stale or old note that I can not pinpoint. IMO, the mixture of notes do not flow well. Very heavy and sticky. All I can say is.........Yuck, and thats an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12th May, 2009
F by Ferragamo begins with a blast of candy sweetness, then settles into a lactonic symphony ~ in the back of my throat! Fortunately, it fades rather quickly. The base is weak. It leaves a dusty, stale smell like a cocktail table that has sticky-sweet-drink rings stuck to it, and it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. This frag is touted as a floral, with notes of rose, jasmine, etc...I'm not getting it.
04th June, 2008
Smells like a blueberry chewing-gum (hubba-bubba?) with a note of robinia (little). Way too sweet, way too sticky. Childish.
13th May, 2007