Positive Reviews of ArbitRary by Ayala Moriel

Find out more about ArbitRary by Ayala Moriel in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

Lovely citrusy green scent although does not last much on me either...

05 January, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

Wow, from first sniff I was immediately reminded of Blenheim Bouquet. However, ArbitRary dries down to a mossy, green reminiscent of Escada pour Homme. Seems like Ayala Moriel likes to use oak moss and here it's a quality that rocks. Superb theme and variation on chypre. I think this is for a more mature person good for casual wear.

26 June, 2008

odysseusm's avatar

Although ArbitRary can be a unisex fragrance, I like to think it has a masculine ‘sensibility’, and it is one that I greatly appreciate! It is quite lively and refreshing, but it is not at all floral or sweet. I also think it is a very well-designed fragrance. By that I mean that the transitions from top to mid to base are sophisticated and effective. Specifically, the fresh and appealing basil of the top is continued and developed in the basil-lemon notes of verbena in the middle, and those herbal aspects reach a culmination in the grassy hay and moss notes of the base. This is a great modern take on the classic chypre; which I understand to be a citrus and grass sort of scent, like the breeze wafting through the lemon groves and fields of Cypress. A romantic image to be sure, but the appeal of a good scent is so much in romance and connotation. This is a very attractive, Mediterranean style of summery scent... I love it!

16 January, 2008 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2008)