Reviews of White Potion by Ayala Moriel

Find out more about White Potion by Ayala Moriel in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

teardrop's avatar

England England

There are faint echoes of Carnal Flower in this fragrance to my nose. l get mainly tuberose supported by coconut, although the coconut here is much creamier & more pronounced in the drydown. The longevity is slightly better than l usually get with Ayala's fragrances, but as with Yasmin, l get a strange, bitter woody note in the base. Except for this note, l really like this scent.

08 February, 2011

pinkfizzy's avatar

Dang! I loved this in the bottle, fabulous ylang-ylang and tuberose. But it changes completely on my skin and all I can smell are the coconut and tonka bean, way too sweet for my tastes. I think I'll try it in my essential oil burner or maybe a drop on a lkight bulb (yes, I know they can erxplode... from experience!).

Maybe I was expecting the wrong thing... I just used up my sample of Carnal Flower... sigh.

14 July, 2009

purplebird7's avatar

White Potion is a full, rich floral with well-incorporated fruity notes. Has the fascinating vintage characteristic of all notes moving together in unison to create an aroma that is different from any note in particular. I can pick out the grapefruit, gardenia, and coconut because they are listed (all favorite notes of mine) but the tuberose and ylang-ylang are also bewitching. Nothing stands out and calls attention to itself. This well-crafted perfume should have great popular appeal. Soft, pretty, far superior to the floral blends that sell so well in the commercial market. Deserves more recognition.

08 August, 2007

Quarry's avatar

Top notes: Ylang ylang, Grapefruit, Rosewood
    Heart notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Gardenia
    Base notes: Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Coconut
    If I didn't have access to the notes listed above, I'd be stumped to define WP's population. I would say white floral (without orange blossom) with a hint of heliotrope. This is sweet (not cloying), simple, soft, elegant, and incapable of offending a soul. If you are a grade school teacher and want to be remembered as beautiful, I recommend White Potion to you. As with other AM fragrances, I'd need a liberal application to radiate the range of sillage I'd like.

23 September, 2006