Negative Reviews of Blue Sugar by Aquolina

Find out more about Blue Sugar by Aquolina in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Slade's avatar

Might smell good on a woman, but this is not a manly scent. Should have known better with sugar in its name.

24th December, 2011 (Last Edited: 26th December, 2011)

taesmell's avatar

If any man would wear this, let me know cause i will shake your hand and tell you how brave you are.HEHE. OMG, sniffing this fragrance just elevated my sugar level

08th August, 2011

ubuandibeme's avatar

A couple years back I sampled Pink Sugar by Aquolina, and thought it was sickeningly sweet. Now I find the Blue Sugar under my nose, and it is equally sickening. I get bergamot and carmelized sugar, none of the other listed notes ever make an appearance. If you love your fragrances extra super sweet, you should try this one.

18th May, 2009

everso's avatar

wow. this stuff is AWFUL. ranks in my top 5 worst scents i've ever smelled...artificial, nauseating cotton candy. all the bottles in the world should be collected and destroyed!

13th January, 2009

Jestersinthemoon's avatar

Why any self-respecting man would want to smell like this is completely beyond my ability to comprehend. This smells like sickeningly sweet cotton-candy flavored bubble gum. If anything, this smells like something a 5 yr-old girl would be wearing......or eating. Bleh.

25th September, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

Black XS without the strawberries. Not appealing.

28th June, 2008

SexPanther's avatar

I bought this frag cause I heard its along the same lines as Rochas Man and I love that cologne, so I thought I would give this a try. If you like smelling like cupcakes and rubbing alcohol then this is for you! Me it just made me sick and gave me a headache if you ever get the chance to take a ride on the blue sugar train PASS!

18th June, 2008

Maolo's avatar

Well...I'm sorry but i don't like this fragrance. It's too sweet, almost sickening to me. I smell it like liquorice/anise/fennel aromatized cotton candy and definitely don't like it.
    As nthny said it clashes with whatever you've got around...no good!
    By the way it sticks to my skin as if there was superglue in the concotion and had to wash my wrists a lot of time to take of this thing and the jumper twice...add a bit of bad memories about my ex-gf (she was the one who spraied me and the jumper alike, fortunately just once) and you've got a bottle of perfume you don't like you'll never use again and a jumper you really like you'll never use again too because every time you try to wear it memories of this sickening sweet scent come back to mind.
    Buy it only if you're sure you want a whole day of sweetness and if you're sure nothing is going to ruin that day, otherwise...

03rd April, 2008 (Last Edited: 09th April, 2008)

The Duke's avatar

This is way to feminine on my skin. It smelled just like cotton candy. Definitely not for me.

26th June, 2007