Reviews of Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Find out more about Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Shaheen's avatar

A wonderful aromatic tea-based fragrance. I love wearing this in Autumn.

Sadly, Gucci has discontinued this.

07 July, 2014

ratpatrol09's avatar

Hello gents, just acquired this again. Had it before and swapped it for pure havane from a BNr, good swap for me. Thought I'd give it another go because it was a nice scent but very fleeting .Giving it a chane at redemption the second bottle had the same fleeting aspect. Should have took to heart that this has been reviewed overwhelmingly as a short lived scent. Just for kicks I layered it with vintage fahrenheit. Really nice, adding even more violet notes to balance out the motor oil note, amazing .

04 June, 2014 (Last Edited: 14 June, 2014)

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

Tea is the main drink of most people in Asia and as a guy who lives in Asia, I'm saying that this fragrance smell more like green tea. like fresh and green tea leaf's. it doesn't smell like dried, black tea that taste and smell bitter with dark aura.
    Add fresh and green tea leafs in a teapot,some boiling water, some spicy cinnamon and then something sweet in it. now smell it. you have the scent of this fragrance.
    The tobacco note supposed to give the scent a dark aura but it's not that strong and in my opinion this fragrance does not have a dark smell and feeling.
    It's more green and natural instead of dark and exotic.
    The smell is very good and pleasant but it's not a unique scent.
    Average projection and longevity.

02 June, 2014

Unvisible's avatar

I no longer buy anything from gucci as I feel there current offerings are absolutely awful, with the exception of this. A unique fragrance utilizing the scent of black tea. It doesn't last very long, but it smells very nice when it's there. Box and bottle look nice too.

Hopefully gucci doesn't discontinue this like all of there other good products (gucci pour homme 1, 2003 for example). 5 stars until gucci stops making it.

08 May, 2014

bmn's avatar

Smells REALLY nice. For 10 minutes. Then almost completely gone. GPH 1 is light years better. Maybe I'm just not a tea person -- I don't love any of the tea based bvlgary scents, either.

06 April, 2014

lex's avatar

slightly reminds me of tea 4 two, which is a favorite of mine. very impressive.t4t is discontinued so ive purchased this one to add to my starting roster for the spring and summer. that smokiness and lingering tea is a nice fit for warm weather.

26 February, 2014

Martin_'s avatar

My signature scent, the one that I hated at the first sniff and few days later came back and bought it because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Starts off fresh - violet leaf mixed with bergamot, at first it smelled like a kind of sweet&sour sauce to me... But when it dried down, the magic started to happen. Very strong black tea mixed with cinnamon, tobbaco and myrrh came in and started to dance on my skin. And I started to gather LOTS of compliments. It's a kind of hybid between fresh and warm fragrance. I prefer to wear it in fall and winter, because that's when myrrhe appears. In spring and summer I get refreshing tea with violet leafs, but it chokes me out in the summer heat and that is when I'm not using it.
    It lasts on me usually 12-15 hours and I don't go very heavy on the trigger - 4-5 sprays is all I need.
    Definitely VERY unique and I hope it'll never be discontinued.

21st February, 2014

metchu's avatar

Class in a bottle. Fresh, but refined. Wear this anytime, anywhere. The tea notes are very present and in my opinion, very pleasant. Not a "sexy" scent but just one that smells good. It's a bit smokey, a bit peppery, but really a nice fragrance. Longetivity is a bit poor as is the sillage. My girlfriend likes this one on me, but it's not really intended to be a "make her go crazy" type of smell. 8.5/10

05 January, 2014

Japs's avatar

I don't do reviews because I tell it like it is, and don't want to offend anyone. However, this one just made me type a few words

My gosh, why would anyone want to smell like a bag of bigelow tea? I blind bought this based upon reviews, never again. My nose gets the violet ever so slightly upon initial spray, then its nothing but tea, tea, tea. Disgusting!

I'm going to revisit this after I stop gagging, but think this is headed for the frag graveyard

17 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 20th December, 2013)

mercutio's avatar

My thumb is way up on this one. Love, love, LOVE this fragrance. To me, it ranks higher than GPH1. Beautiful opening. I get nothing but tea, violet and a little throat tickling from the pepper. If you are unsure about buying this one, I hope I can persuade you to pull the trigger. Freshness in a bottle and quickly climbing into my top 5.

16 November, 2013

Jahan's avatar

Iran Iran

gone with the wind

I really found this stuff appealing and nice to wear. but there is a big problem here. yes, Longevity.

if you apply one spry on a test paper, after 12 hours you will find an unused, fragrance free one which is very strange to me.

Pros: beautiful bottle, enjoyable fragrance
    Cons: too fast disappearance"

19 October, 2013

Francolino's avatar

Gone but not forgotten

Cinnamon Tea, violets and a latent leather note.

This weird and appealing juice has now gone. A love / hate kind of scent. Only problem short duration and limited sillage on some skins, I have to re-apply it several times for a whole day wearing..maybe that's why I stockpiled six bottles.

Pros: Original composition, stylish bottle
    Cons: Short duration"

15 September, 2013

prosperonline's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Lovely warm and fresh scent

What a comfortable fragrance. I was a bit afraid the tea note would remind me of a Bulgary scent, I have two of them and I like them, but it doesn't it seems to just add a little warmth without being hot. I can smell violet leaves, cinnamom, tea and mihrr. The clean feeling must be the musk. No pepper or pimento. No citrus at all. Is it the tabaco that give its sweetness? GPH II is a bit smokey but just a bit enough to add masculinity because for a moment it smelt a little feminine. So, it is also a bit sweet.I get little of a barbershop/soap feeling, not that I mind it at all.I sprayed it on my arm and the stain shone for quite a while, that I suppose means that there are essencial oils in it? But as it is very different from my other scents I couldn't be happier with this yet another blind buy. I appreciate and thank all the reviewers who happen to be right.

Pros: Full body but light enough for Summer
    Cons:

19 August, 2013

ijoshjosh's avatar

Nearly perfect fragrance

The perfect day time fragrance in my opinion. Lasts for a long time, is pleasing, doesn't offend anybody. The problems I see with it are the lack of the wow factor, or sexiness factor. Sillage is also poor.

Pros: Smells amazing, longevity is great on me
    Cons: Terrible sillage, not very sexy"

12 August, 2013

BlackForest's avatar

Numero Uno

To this day, this is the best fragrance i have ever smelled

02 August, 2013

nyguy's avatar

This will get you compliments if you wear enough of it

Amazing scent, tea, tobacco, and everything sweet in between. Sample if you like sweet fragrances, The newer Hanae Mori HiM is a LOT like this but sweeter, I still prefer GPHII since it's a bit toned down with it's longevity.

Pros: Everything needed in a scent
    Cons: Longevity

11th June, 2013

And-Or's avatar

North-African Sex Dream

Lovely. The immediate opening is a little atonal, like a small cat jumping up on a piano, but about 5 seconds in it quickly melts into a smooth warm cinnamon tea, very sweet but not cloying. Eventually a quiet, sexy waiter brings out a silver platter of tender dried fruits. Fruity but not raw; there's no trace of bright, live, acid, freshness; the fruit was put to death and lightly cooked in a gentle late summer sun with the nutrients still in-tact and the colors softened. Sensual, low-light, dark, but not somber. I get a refined mauve color out of this but I see why they targeted their market with blue instead. It's both very masculine and very feminine. An orgy of angels. I can see this working on a range of ages, genders, and body chemistries. Very well integrated and smooth, nothing seems tipped out of place. It lasts less than half a clock-face on me and I swear later on at bedtime the skin-ghost reminds me of my friend's hamper, a gal who wears women's Light Blue — sorry!

Pros: integrated, whole, balanced, calm
    Cons: poor longevity on me

11th June, 2013

Marais's avatar

This tea is tepid

If you are familiar with chai tea, you will know what to expect here. A soothing infusion of milky black tea, indian spices (cinnamon to the fore) and an unfashionable amount of sugar; violets are the only ingredients I can discern which remove it from the char wallah's domain. The result is very appetising but somewhat overdiluted.

Projection is adequate for the first couple of hours; thereafter it is very much a skin scent and virtually undetectable 6 hours after application (based on 10 sprays).

This seems to be a weakness common to many tea scents. Making a virtue of a necessity, we can say that Gucci PH II is another good one for the office-safe and warm weather-friendly categories. Similar scents worth exploring: Duel by Annick Goutal, Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Pros: Appealing, inoffensive
    Cons: Weak

10th June, 2013

lincoln's avatar

A light, sweet and youthful fragrance. It has a complexity and balance to it which allows me to enjoy the scent all day long without ever growing bored or irritated by it. Even upon first application the fragrance is never overwhelming or harsh. It is pleasant from start to finish. Which I find an extremely rare quality in the many products I have tested and bought over the past few years. Other people have questioned the longevity but for me this fragrance lasts for many hours and still lingers on my collar late at night. The only problem is the lack of availability (in this country at least) as I think the product has been discontinued. I will say that PH II is superior to PH I and probably the best Italian designer scent I have ever bought.

10th May, 2013

wormstir's avatar

Funny how people's perceptions of fragrances can differ, because I find this scent actually makes me feel physically queasy - I can definately smell why other people would like it but I find the strong whiff of tea and pepper to be a strange cloying aroma that catches in my nose, it's very sweet and overpowering to me.

08 May, 2013

Bigtruck260's avatar

The only thing keeping this one from a 5 star rating is the longevity.

It's really perfect other than that, and I can overlook longevity because it smells so darn good. Gucci PH 1 is an all time favorite, and now that it's harder to come by, I will probably suffice with wearing it every now and again...while wearing number 2 much more.

The opening is amazing, as is the middle (I think the tea is actually what holds the frag together from top to heart. Woody drydown with the only sweetness coming from a synthetic (but well done) tobacco.

I like Chanel PE, Aventus and Guerlain's Vetiver for daily wear...but I am moving Gucci PH II into the second spot for a while. It's great for the office because it sits closer to the skin...but every now and then someone will ask me what it is. I'm definately not the 'cologne' guy when I have it on. I can't say that about the other three.

Love this stuff.

29 March, 2013

drseid's avatar

Gucci pour Homme II opens immediately with a beautiful violet note coupling with mild peppery spice. As the scent moves to the heart phase, the violet remains though in a subdued state with the early pepper spice now swapping places with cinnamon, the spotlight now focused on the scent's real stars, black tea and non-smoky incense. The overall accord turns slightly sweet soon after, as a honey-like accord slowly grows as time passes and remains through the finish. As it enters the dry-down, a very pleasant tobacco leaf and woody tandem emerge from the base as it joins the remnants of the heart accord to send off the scent. Projection is good and longevity is average at 8-10 hours on skin.

Gucci pour Homme II is a very pleasant scent on the whole. It is relatively fresh and slightly sweet, but it really is the black tea and incense that make the scent work. The overall accord just seems so smooth and easy to wear that the scent excels at versatility as very few will find it anywhere near offensive. If I had any gripe with Gucci pour Homme II it would have to be that it lacks in the distinctiveness department to some degree. That is really nit picking a very nice effort by Gucci on this one and should not put anyone off from giving Gucci pour Homme II a try. That said, for a bit more distinctiveness and performance in a somewhat similar vein (sans tea) folks may want to additionally sample LiquidNight by A Lab On Fire that is more accomplished, in my opinion. Inconsequential gripe aside, Gucci pour Homme II smells very good in it own right and earns a well-deserved rating of 3.5 stars out of 5.

21st February, 2013

wildejamie's avatar

I like the violets top note when first spraying on. Disappointed it fades so soon to no more than a sigh.

26 January, 2013

jcw122's avatar

I want to really like how this smells, but one of the notes just smells funny. I'm really unsure which of the notes it is but it reminds me of dark wooden dining room furniture. It smells good overall, but that one note just smells strange and somewhat synthetic.

26 January, 2013

's avatar

Wonderful fragrance... smells heavenly! It would be in my top 5 if it had a better lasting power and projection. Smells very pleasant and unique. If you find it, dont think, just GET IT. Definetely a must have. After GPH and GPH II there's nothing interesting by Gucci. Thumbs up for this scent and big thumbs down for Gucci.

06 January, 2013

elmatador75's avatar

Great fragrance that I was thrilled about initially. Has it been reformulated? It is not as stringent on my nostrils anymore. I used to find a high, sharp citrus note cloying. Not any longer. And it has been discontinued. Start buying up what is left.

02 November, 2012

noirdrakkar's avatar

Opens with a leathery bergamot punch likenable to fahrenheit and a sweet spiciness very similar to spicebomb. Has the tea note, making it similar to scents like bulgari black. By far the best gucci release and highly recommended.

Longevity is spotty, some days I've gotten 2 hours and other I've gotten 8.

01st November, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 January, 2013)

jarroditshallbe's avatar

A cold library reading by candlelight. The candles are very fragrant in a heavier way, no sharpness to them. Reading by candlelight because there isn't electricity yet, it is before that time. There is a heavy blanket draped around your body and over your shoulders. A hot drink sits beside your book on the table in a delicate and thin cup. The story is also about the cold, and you read on, allowing the story to take you in. You imagine the cold piercing your clothes and blanket.

23 October, 2012

rbaker's avatar

The tea and violet get from the beginning, with a touch of bergamot and very mild pimento added later The drydown brings in some wood and myrrh; I get little tobacco and virtually no musk. The tea is present in the foreground throughout; it is more a light refreshing Darjeeling than an aromatic tannin-laden tea and has nothing in common with that other great tea fragrance, Bulgari Black. Gucci homme II is fresh, substantial but light, refreshing scent. It is very close to my skin and has very poor projection and silage, making it, as frequently said, a great office scent, but with a few extra sprays it is great for a warm spring date. Nevertheless, it lasts over four hours on me, albeit very discretely. A unique scent.

28 September, 2012

Shon T's avatar

This is one of my favorites. It has a sweet minty smell. It is not offensive at all and lasts long enough on me. I understand it is discontinued but I found a large bottle at Belks. I get lots of compliments with it. This can be bought blind if u can find it. Better than the original Gucci IMO.

23 September, 2012