Reviews of Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Definitely not like the original GPH, which was in a different scent class entirely (think pencil shavings, but not in a bad way).

GPH II has its imitators - HiM by Hanae Mori comes to mind, not a bad scent in its own right. But this one stands alone in its smoothness, predictability, and pleasant woody quality. Bergamot and violet leaves are quite apparent in this one, as is the black tea note. I swear that this one has a cedar wood thing going on that I really enjoy, though it's not listed above in the composition. From the beautiful bottle design to the classy scent within, I would highly recommend a try of GPH II!
19th October, 2016
Love this. Personal top 10.

I'm not familiar with tea notes, but if that's what I'm smelling, more please. I'm so tired of smelling that screeching woody note in all the designer fragrances I test.

This fragrance is versitile. It manages to be fresh without feeling aquatic, sporty or citrusy. It also has an elegant vibe, but the freshness keeps it from being a date night-only wear.

Perhaps best suited for the under-50 crowd, but I could see anyone over 25 wearing this easily. The scent stays close, but I've no issues with longevity. I can see why others have commented on performance issues, but this wasn't made for the man looking to get noticed.

This is one for a man comfortable with himself. This is for the guy who's well on his way, who's already been noticed. It's YSL L'Hommes's slightly younger brother.

What a pleasant surprise. I wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Will be purchasing a full bottle.

14th September, 2016 (last edited: 16th September, 2016)
This is a great scent. I got my bottle in 2010 or 2011 and it has absolutely no performance issues. I tried a friend's bottle first and woke up still able to smell it the next morning. When my bottle was gifted to me, the performance was identical! Perhaps I lucked out or my skin holds on to this scent for much longer. Either way, it is as good of a fragrance as it's made out to be.

Of all the notes listed, I think I smell violet and black tea. The others are most likely in there, but I can't pick them out.

09th August, 2016

Where do I even begin--Gucci Pour Homme II is such a lovely scent. My only problem with this fragrance is its popularity. Though I generally go for more old school scents, this one is an exception. The tea notes are exquisite.
08th April, 2016
Beautiful smell, not so good longevity
07th March, 2016
Only giving this a neutral because of the performance issues. I sprayed on a good amount this morning and 1.5 hours later, I struggle to get a whiff. Smells great! Classy, refined and special. Mature and almost old fashioned but 20-30 age range should be able to pull this off with some confidence thrown in.
01st March, 2016
I will give this scent an neutral rating ...its a good scent but my grouse is that it disappears much too quickly on my skin ...and that sucks ...I blind bought 2 bottles as had high expectations of it ...after reading opinions / reviews here on BN but it fell short of my expectations as after the initial blast of bergamot & Violet ..this simply disappears and that's really a no-go zone for me ...wonder why people are giving it a thumbs up as a fragrance needs to have 3 things in my book to get a thumbs up :
Smell : 7/10
Longevity : 3/10
Sillage : 4/10
Projection : 4/10
hence in my book I will never recommend it it only meets one criterion in my evaluation which is the smell ...which is ok but nothing mind boggling about it for me it will be a negative or neutral rating !
19th November, 2015
Such a soft fragrance, very reminiscent of fabric softener. Not really worth the money compared to just wearing dryer sheets under your clothes.
18th November, 2015
I really like this scent, but the longevity is woeful on my skin, unfortunately.
23rd August, 2015
IF, just IF the SPL were a little bit stronger, then it's a 10/10 fragrance to me..

too bad the SPL with this one are really poor.

smell: 10/10

03rd July, 2015

In my opinion GUCCI fragrances is not suitable by every style because is truly special.I always feel classy when i wear Gucci fragrances.

I prefer the original GPH this cologne is lighter and updated from the original but is really lovely and is masculine scent with a mysterious side to it.

It is evening cologne or for intimate/special occasions.elegant woman loves it.the longevity is above average on my skin.the base soft woody/spicy.

Anyway if you are looking fora luxurious in spring/summer GUCCI PHII is what you need!

23rd April, 2015
Consensus is right on this. The more I read BaseNotes, I've come to realize that when there is a consensus of reviews saying the same thing, they are probably right. Such is the case with GPH2.

This fragrance is gourgeous. No other way to put it. Unfortunately, it disappears in under 2hrs. That doesn't mean I wouldn't own this one, it only means I would have to choose when to wear it. GPH2 seems to me to be a Sunday morning church service scent. Very conservative, wouldn't offend and you smell amazing. Just so long as your preacher, reverend, priest or rabbi isn't too long winded. By the time you get home for lunch the scent will be gone. That's O.K. by me, and I'll choose to reapply or pick another scent for the rest of the day.

I'll give this one a 7/10, simply because the scent is heavenly.
23rd February, 2015
Gucci pour Homme II is a pleasant, “generically” elegant and cozy designer fragrance, undoubtedly a tad inferior to Gucci pour Homme I, which shows a completely different (and superior) class and quality. But still, it’s nice. Number II is soft, easy going and to some extent a bit cheap; but it is also without doubts pleasant to wear, and that is always a plus in my book. It is basically built on some features of Gucci pour Homme I (you can feel the same synthetic cedar-incense accord), but all twisted with the silky powderiness of violet, a sweet-fruity tone, slightly creamy-lactonic too, and overall with a brighter and cleaner atmosphere. The tea note is really nice, and together with violet and tobacco creates a fresh (yet warm too), cozy, gentle feel of peaceful and sweet softness, almost plushy, well contrasted by a hint of leather (modern, finished, “posh”) and woody-peppery notes. Incomparable to the hyper-refined, adult, sharp and shady smoky woodiness of Gucci pour Homme I... but as I said, really pleasant and worth the low price. The combination of sweet-fruity notes and “pencil sharpener” cedar reminded me a bit of Balmain’s Carbone. Discreet, yet long-lasting persistence. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid!

12th February, 2015 (last edited: 09th May, 2015)

Nice fragrance from Gucci. I only have the Aftershave but it's almost like having the cologne as far as strength is concerned. Longevity is very good but not something I would wear every day.
30th December, 2014
Only one store had it in the 7 perfume shops I went to. The only place that had it look sketchy so I was worried it was a fake.

I asked if they could open it so I could sample it and if it was real, I would most likely buy it. They let me and looked legit, matching serials, strong blue color, and THE SMELL. Oh my, I love the smell. Like nothing I've smelled before.

Being that this was the only bottle in all fragrance stores around my area is a plus... no one will smell like me =)

Unfortunately, projection isn't great nor is the lasting power. Carry a decant, worth it.
06th December, 2014
Total tripe! I cant believe Gucci discontinued the Original Gucci and Pour Homme, and even Gucci Nobile. This a many reviewers have pointed out is tea overtones, but no longevity or projection what so ever. My pet hate is paying nearly £1 or may be more and the damn thing doesn't last. I might as well just throw my money down the drain, after all the point of a fragrance is to give off an aroma. If this ca be equated to a car, it would be like buying a car, which had flat tyres and a battery with no engine. Why?
01st September, 2014
A wonderful aromatic tea-based fragrance. I love wearing this in Autumn.
07th July, 2014 (last edited: 26th July, 2014)
Hello gents, just acquired this again. Had it before and swapped it for pure havane from a BNr, good swap for me. Thought I'd give it another go because it was a nice scent but very fleeting .Giving it a chane at redemption the second bottle had the same fleeting aspect. Should have took to heart that this has been reviewed overwhelmingly as a short lived scent. Just for kicks I layered it with vintage fahrenheit. Really nice, adding even more violet notes to balance out the motor oil note, amazing .
04th June, 2014 (last edited: 14th June, 2014)
Tea is the main drink of most people in Asia and as a guy who lives in Asia, I'm saying that this fragrance smell more like green tea. like fresh and green tea leaf's. it doesn't smell like dried, black tea that taste and smell bitter with dark aura.
Add fresh and green tea leafs in a teapot,some boiling water, some spicy cinnamon and then something sweet in it. now smell it. you have the scent of this fragrance.
The tobacco note supposed to give the scent a dark aura but it's not that strong and in my opinion this fragrance does not have a dark smell and feeling.
It's more green and natural instead of dark and exotic.
The smell is very good and pleasant but it's not a unique scent.
Average projection and longevity.
02nd June, 2014
I no longer buy anything from gucci as I feel there current offerings are absolutely awful, with the exception of this. A unique fragrance utilizing the scent of black tea. It doesn't last very long, but it smells very nice when it's there. Box and bottle look nice too.

Hopefully gucci doesn't discontinue this like all of there other good products (gucci pour homme 1, 2003 for example). 5 stars until gucci stops making it.
08th May, 2014
bmn Show all reviews
Smells REALLY nice. For 10 minutes. Then almost completely gone. GPH 1 is light years better. Maybe I'm just not a tea person -- I don't love any of the tea based bvlgary scents, either.
06th April, 2014
lex Show all reviews
slightly reminds me of tea 4 two, which is a favorite of mine. very impressive.t4t is discontinued so ive purchased this one to add to my starting roster for the spring and summer. that smokiness and lingering tea is a nice fit for warm weather.
26th February, 2014
My signature scent, the one that I hated at the first sniff and few days later came back and bought it because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Starts off fresh - violet leaf mixed with bergamot, at first it smelled like a kind of sweet&sour sauce to me... But when it dried down, the magic started to happen. Very strong black tea mixed with cinnamon, tobbaco and myrrh came in and started to dance on my skin. And I started to gather LOTS of compliments. It's a kind of hybid between fresh and warm fragrance. I prefer to wear it in fall and winter, because that's when myrrhe appears. In spring and summer I get refreshing tea with violet leafs, but it chokes me out in the summer heat and that is when I'm not using it.
It lasts on me usually 12-15 hours and I don't go very heavy on the trigger - 4-5 sprays is all I need.
Definitely VERY unique and I hope it'll never be discontinued.
21st February, 2014
metchu Show all reviews
Class in a bottle. Fresh, but refined. Wear this anytime, anywhere. The tea notes are very present and in my opinion, very pleasant. Not a "sexy" scent but just one that smells good. It's a bit smokey, a bit peppery, but really a nice fragrance. Longetivity is a bit poor as is the sillage. My girlfriend likes this one on me, but it's not really intended to be a "make her go crazy" type of smell. 8.5/10
05th January, 2014
I don't do reviews because I tell it like it is, and don't want to offend anyone. However, this one just made me type a few words

My gosh, why would anyone want to smell like a bag of bigelow tea? I blind bought this based upon reviews, never again. My nose gets the violet ever so slightly upon initial spray, then its nothing but tea, tea, tea. Disgusting!

I'm going to revisit this after I stop gagging, but think this is headed for the frag graveyard
17th December, 2013 (last edited: 20th December, 2013)
My thumb is way up on this one. Love, love, LOVE this fragrance. To me, it ranks higher than GPH1. Beautiful opening. I get nothing but tea, violet and a little throat tickling from the pepper. If you are unsure about buying this one, I hope I can persuade you to pull the trigger. Freshness in a bottle and quickly climbing into my top 5.
16th November, 2013
gone with the wind

I really found this stuff appealing and nice to wear. but there is a big problem here. yes, Longevity.

if you apply one spry on a test paper, after 12 hours you will find an unused, fragrance free one which is very strange to me.

Pros: beautiful bottle, enjoyable fragrance
Cons: too fast disappearance"

19th October, 2013
Gone but not forgotten

Cinnamon Tea, violets and a latent leather note.

This weird and appealing juice has now gone. A love / hate kind of scent. Only problem short duration and limited sillage on some skins, I have to re-apply it several times for a whole day wearing..maybe that's why I stockpiled six bottles.

Pros: Original composition, stylish bottle
Cons: Short duration"

15th September, 2013
Lovely warm and fresh scent

What a comfortable fragrance. I was a bit afraid the tea note would remind me of a Bulgary scent, I have two of them and I like them, but it doesn't it seems to just add a little warmth without being hot. I can smell violet leaves, cinnamom, tea and mihrr. The clean feeling must be the musk. No pepper or pimento. No citrus at all. Is it the tabaco that give its sweetness? GPH II is a bit smokey but just a bit enough to add masculinity because for a moment it smelt a little feminine. So, it is also a bit sweet.I get little of a barbershop/soap feeling, not that I mind it at all.I sprayed it on my arm and the stain shone for quite a while, that I suppose means that there are essencial oils in it? But as it is very different from my other scents I couldn't be happier with this yet another blind buy. I appreciate and thank all the reviewers who happen to be right.

Pros: Full body but light enough for Summer

19th August, 2013
Nearly perfect fragrance

The perfect day time fragrance in my opinion. Lasts for a long time, is pleasing, doesn't offend anybody. The problems I see with it are the lack of the wow factor, or sexiness factor. Sillage is also poor.

Pros: Smells amazing, longevity is great on me
Cons: Terrible sillage, not very sexy"

12th August, 2013