Reviews of Antihéros by Etat Libre d'Orange

Antiheros by Etat Libre d`Orange opens as a “one note mind melter” and displays a beautiful lavender note. One needs to enjoy lavender to enjoy antiheros—stay away if that isn’t the case. The lavender fades to expose a musky base.

Very refreshing 3.5/5
24th December, 2013
Lavender soap in a bottle

Lavender, musk and cedar. This was the first perfume that I could guess all the official notes right and only in few seconds. So one can say it's quite simple, but it's nice nevertheless.
It's starts with lavender that has some minty bite to it. Then it developes to more soapy direction. You don't feel that you are wearing perfume, but you have washed you hands or clothes with most luxurious lavender soap ever.

Pros: Clean, office friendly
Cons: Simple

28th June, 2013
Sparkling lavender that over time develops an eternity-stretching plastic grin. About as depressing as a brat who has learned to induce madness by playing a single note infinitely using a preset on a cheap keyboard. Go for it, lavender fiends. I couldn't bear to try it more than once.
03rd May, 2012

This is probably the most wearable of ELd'O's line. I'm a sucker for lavender, and I adore the hit of soapiness before the velvety drydown. I could wear this anywhere at anytime. The only thing I wish is that it would last longer on me.
11th January, 2012 (last edited: 23rd January, 2012)
A very strong (and unmistakeable) lavender opening with a slight sopay vibe joined by white musk and hints of woods in the drydown. During this phase Antiheros is very comfortable and discreet yet remarkably present. Simple, honest and maybe unoriginal but still head and shoulders above the average quality of today's perfumery. A nice easy wear for a (not too) casual day.
16th July, 2011 (last edited: 05th August, 2011)
Etat Libre D’ Orange Antiheros – A pretty strong lavender blast of an opening that settles down somewhat quickly into a more faint, soapy lavender. Hints of musk and woods permeate throughout the base with the soapy lavender being the prominent scent throughout. Longevity is pretty good and lavender remains throughout. Pretty basic and if you are a lavender fan then most definitely give this one a try.
20th June, 2011
Lavender. Long-gone.

I want more of this, but not in the typical way. I want it to last longer. This is a fresh, clean, almost soapy lavender, with huge emphasis on the lavender, but my goodness is it ever nice. It smells like some of the nicest soap you've ever used, to the extent that soap were made solely of lavender and you rinsed it off in a lavender solution while standing in a field of lavender.

However, the magic is fleeting. No sooner have you applied it than you realize it's already waving goodbye. Sure, you get a bit of a decent drydown, but you get it (or at least I do) within the first hour or two. I love this stuff, but I want a few more hours out of it.

14th March, 2011 (last edited: 14th April, 2011)
caron pour un homme in another bottle... less content , less complex, less civet and more expensive.
26th October, 2010
In the begin lavendel is accompanied with a cool breeze, later in the hart it’s aromatic and in the base it is mossy-woody. But all the way long it’s just about lavender from top to base. Rustic and nonchalant. Smells like a lavender soap, but gives rather a clean and groomed impression. It smells simple, but not cheap on my skin. To me it’s a perfect perfume for a lazy Sunday or on vacation somewhere in South France – it gives a relaxed feeling when nothing has to be done and all the time is free for whatever you’d like to do. Rustic, peaceful and nonchalant. On the other hand I also think it would be a good perfume to wear in the office – clean impression, soft and helps to keep your head cool. So, if you like lavender than it's a nice one to try. It's more powerful and crispy than Lavender from Yardley. And it's less sweet than lavender's by Caron. But if you don't like lavender - well - you might smell an old lady as other reviews mention :o).
02nd May, 2010
Kaern Show all reviews
It smells like a sort of cheap lavender you would find in a bargain basement clear out in Boots. But it isn't because it lasts very well. Not my cup of tea really, but have a sneaky admiration for it.
07th April, 2010
Lavender, musk, precious woods
This is an excellent lavender scent: it is dry, herbal, with a lovely blue-green aura and a smoky tang. This is a very simple, minimalist scent centered on lavender with translucent hints of musk and wood. The dry down is airy, and the scent wears very well. Some of the negative responses may be due to the fact that some people don't like lavender. I love lavender, and this is a great scent -- better than Caron IMO.
06th April, 2009
This “unexpected superman” (as the Etat Libre d'Orange packaging calls it) is all lavender, all day. I can't make out any other notes. I mean, really nice lavender. Clean, bright, saturated, lavender, like your favorite linen spray on steroids. A guy who irons? That’s my kind of hero. I'll take Clark Kent over Superman any day. But all that lavender in the phone booth eventually makes me claustrophobic. In the end, it's just too much of a good thing.
04th February, 2009
Too much lavender for me and just reminds me of old ladies. Definitely not masculine fragrance.
05th October, 2008

Over the top lavender. This is all lavender. Try this is you like the herbal side of lavender. I find this to be a harsher lavender.
05th October, 2008
This one really is the great-grandson of Caron's Pour un Homme! Lacks the powdery vanilla, but has that great trustworthy shoulder-to-lean-on lavender. I certainly wouldn't mind being held in the arms of this particular antihero. ;D
08th January, 2008
moon_fish Show all reviews
Russian Federation
In order to be the same as a lot of Parisiennes with great historical perfume experience, this Caron-like scent is good.

It`s a classic made under scandalious name :)
19th June, 2007
Yawn. A herbal men's cologne with lots of lavender. I don't like lavender, it's too old lady-like. It's ok when it just adds a certain green, herbal piquancy but not when you can actually smell it. It develops a little less herbally dry, sweeter and more like anise, even though there is no anise listed.
16th February, 2007