Negative Reviews of Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d'Orange

Heavy Metal Jazzmine

got it at half the price and even those 45€ were thrown to the wind. All I got is synthetic jasmine and other florals... some other chemicals for a metallic afterglow...my opinion might be biased but from all the different goes I had at testing ELdO's in different shops at different times is this house all about chemical hype??!

Pros: original
Cons: synthetic to the bone, low sillage and longevity"

25th October, 2013
"Coco chanel smoking herself to death in a nursing home"

Thats the only way I can describe this incredibly NAUSEATING perfume.
I'm usually very tolerant to fragrances even if they have top notes I don't enjoy and I try to fight through it to give it a fair chance.

For some reason I couldn't for the life of me resist scrubbing my arm with brillo to take this off. Maybe its my skin or my nose but I'm glad I got a sample and not the full bottle.

Tobacco and Jasmine didn't mix well in this particular blend.
22nd February, 2011
I love jasmine (A La Nuit, Sarrasins). I love tobacco notes (Fumerie Turque, Chergui, Pipe Tobacco Accord). I love jasmine and tobacco together. (Just try layering a dab of A La Nuit on top of Fumerie Turque -- to die for.) In fact, individually, each of the notes for Jasmin et Cigarette is included among my favorites.

Together, though ... ugh. I get about 1 minute of a very nice jasmine, and then ... nothing but new vinyl shower curtain. Maybe there's something synthetic about the jasmine or the cedar. I would point to orange blossom as the culprit (every now and then I have a bad chemistry day with SL Fleurs d'Oranger and also get the new vinyl shower curtain effect), but there's no orange blossom listed among the notes.

I'm stumped. I want to like it. Can't like it. Don't want to smell like vinyl.
09th July, 2010

Nukapai Show all reviews
My mother's signature scent wasn't so much any one particular perfume (she worked her way through several) - but more of a theme "perfume and cigarettes". She smoked 40 a day. Probably why she got cancer in the end. To me, Jasmin & Cigarette is instantly evocative of "perfume and ashtray". It is a chilling reminder of the not-so-good memories. Another powerful example of the subjectivity of our perfume experiences.
30th June, 2009
SniffR Show all reviews
I got ashtrays full of stubbed-out cigarettes from this one, so I didn't pursue it any further.
02nd June, 2007