Positive Reviews of Azzaro Now Men by Azzaro

Find out more about Azzaro Now Men by Azzaro in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Wild Gardener's avatar

England England

Well I like it, and isn't that what counts?
    This sort of thing isn't usually my style and
    Yes it has a synthetic quality to it, but in a smooth
    finely balanced way.
    while it's not an astoundingly original accord
    it's the quality of construction that makes it a winner for me.
    Longevity is an issue though
    and it needs regular refreshing to keep the thing going.
    Nice while it lasts...

07 April, 2014

fudull's avatar

Albania Albania

I get the harsh synthetic vibe, and I also understand all the complaints, but what I find surprising is that people who don't like Now love Chrome...this just does not make sense. Now is nothing more than a sharper and greener Chrome.

The opening is all citrus and I guess cactus with a bitter and synthetic "fresh" aroma that lingers longer than any opening has a right to do, but then the middle notes come in and they are the same metallic notes from Chrome. These mid-metallic green notes (I can't really call them anything else because it is a synthetic mix with no comparative natural ingredients), stick around for a while, 4 hours at least. People who are not that patient with their scents will mistake this overly long middle as the base, and will thus unjustly downgrade what is a above average modern green fragrance.

The base is not amazing, but it is competent and has the same white musk and synthetic suede that makes modern fresh fragrances smell cookie-cutter similar after 6 hours. The beauty of this one is that a little goes a long way, and the duration of "Now" is most definitely 8-10 hours into the future.

A good, fresh/green scent that has replaced Hugo's synthentic equivalent from my main counter.

20th January, 2011

cowboykenny27's avatar

I bought this blind on ebay and now i wear it everywhere ! such a clean smell albeit synthetic- love the bottle shape and very easy to wear

i really love this one and i always get compliments when i wear this one!

09 October, 2009

Ronin's avatar

This is just so vibrant that I don't think I can get tired of it. I've worn this on a few occasions and enjoyed it every time. This is a really good one to wear during the warmer months. I prefer to spray this one on clothes since the topnotes are fantastic and I want to keep them around for as long as possible. I tried another bottle of this and the topnotes weren't nearly as vibrant as my friend's bottle.

19 June, 2009 (Last Edited: 13 August, 2009)

reason666's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Fresh,without being overpowering,and subtle with a good lasting potential.

Really,all Azzaro's last quite well.

So does this one.I own a 1oz bottle,a metallic-fresh smell that can be distinguishable because not many people own this one.

Gets a good 7/10 from me.

21st February, 2009

HORACIO GONZÁLEZ's avatar

Argentina Argentina

DON'T AGREE WITH ARGUS ABOUT THE LONGEVITY AND SILLAGE, IT`S GOOD AY LEAST ON MY SKIN, AN INTERESTING AND MODERN PERFUME

21st February, 2009

Lorenzzo88's avatar

Quite good indeed
    It delivers what it is supposed to do. I usualy don't like ozonic, aquatic and mettalic fragrances but this one is pretty fine, like kenzo ph, chrome, or dry clean by cdg are going beyond this ozone/calone/metal stereotype imo. NOW is nothing very spectacular, but it can be positively surprising. I find the wood accord pretty well done , dry and feels almost natural...if I think of pencil shavings. Funny thing, I sampled Hinoki by Comme Des Garcons today and (lord forgive me) thought the dry cedar-crypress thing going on in the heart notes was similar to the wood accord in Now, atleast, before the vetiver start to showing its face in Hinoki. I also like the clean white musk drydown...leather?..amber...?...I mean come on...

29 August, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

This stuff is funky and has a very interesting buzz to it's texture. A metallic green accord coupled with a weird floral they claim to be rose. The bottle is shaped like a hand-phaser from an advanced alien species from Star Trek. Fantastic creation from Azzaro.

26 July, 2008

argus wishingwell's avatar

this fragrance has a mean quality. it starts with a velvety rose accord, and that lasts until the fragrance goes. longevity is mediocre and sillage is low.

i prefer to describe "now" as "soft floral aromatic" and recommend it for the younger ones, esp. between the age of 18-25. this slightly feminine fragrance seems to be put together very well but i did not like it all (my taste is different, don't count azzaro now a bad product).

20th May, 2008

Jon_Remy's avatar

Wonderful, wonderful. What a GREAT replacement for my Essenza di Zegna (which does not last at all). I find that Azzaro Now lasts all day. Finally, a fragrance worth purchasing. Most fragrances nowadays have gotten cheap with the percentage of essential oil in the fragrance itself. This is a wonderful scent, long-lasting, and you can actually feel it has more essential oil content when you spray it between your fingers and rub them together. This is an excellent product, with a one-of-a-kind scent, and it won't let you down. You can spray it on in the morning, and still smell it it during Happy Hour. It is not an overpowering or offensive fragrance, it just lasts! A great deal! Nice bottle too! PS-I didn't care for Now Women (too common).

19 May, 2008

panayoto's avatar

This is a fragrance I really like, together with Z by Zegna. It is sweet has some characteristics that fragrances for women do, but Now does not lose its masculine character. During hot summer days it can get somewhat sour. However, I find it really nice during cold winter days. very refreshing....

25 December, 2007

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

It was a dilemma for me that lasted about an hour. NOW 'instantly' triggered a fragrance memory from about 7-8 years ago but I couldn't remember what fragrance it was.
    Then it hit me...CASUAL FRIDAY by Escada. Think LE MALE without the man musk and excess coconut. And I think there is some licorice in there...
    Anyway, it is a little less 'solid' as CASUAL FRIDAY, but seeing as it is hard to find, I will buy NOW and be glad AZZARO reintroduced a good frag.

12 October, 2007