Reviews

Negative Reviews of Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 by Le Labo

There is labdanum in the opening, with some castoreum. It remains, however, quite dull and unexciting on my skin, and one could not call it amber-like on me. In the drydown a bit of cinnamon is added, and tonka too. Otherwise a quite boring powderiness. Limited silage and projection with three hours of longevity. L 18 might love my skin, but my skin does not like L18.
19th January, 2014
My first Le Labo sniff is cringe worthy. In fact I want to remember it, so as not to make this mistake again. I am reminded me of what put me off perfume for years.
Sweet powder. The best of Shalimar with the addition of baby powder. Oh dear. I save samples, one never knows when reference might call. But this went down the loo. Sometimes I don't have my glasses on and reach for a surprise tester. I would say this is my most unfavorite fragrance of all time.
09th July, 2012 (last edited: 15th July, 2012)
By suppressing the no-holds-barred creamy opulence of his earlier Musc Ravageur, Maurice Roucel has neutered that horndog, forfeiting its libidinal charms, and the resulting Labdanum 18 is really just a big, frigid amber. There’s some commendable birch tar up top, but the remaining timid animalics combined with the vanilla smell, amusingly, like a newly wiped and powdered baby’s bum.
06th September, 2011
Simply put, Le Labo's Labdanum 18 smells like an expensive sweet-ish amber baby powder from top note to base note. It is is similar smell-wise Houbigant's Quelques Fleurs and just as horribly cloying and awful. Le Labo makes so many wonderful, original perfumes and I am perplexed that Labdanum 18 is one of theirs.

From what I can find, here are the notes for Labdanum 18: "labdanum (cistus) with a slightly animalic notes".

03rd December, 2008