Negative Reviews of Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

iobhai Show all reviews
You're out adventuring and you come across an abandoned train car. You climb inside and you're immediately surrounded with rusty steel and all sorts of graffiti. After taking a look around, you find that it's mostly empty, except for an assortment of overturned industrial cleaners and a small patch of orange blossoms growing in corner. Bergamote 22 by Le Labo.
25th February, 2018
Stardate 20161208:

A nice fragrance with citrus and musk. But gone after 30 mins.
For the price thumbs down.
08th December, 2016
Genre: Alleged Citrus

This feels like an expensive hoax to me. I don’t smell much bergamot here – not even in the top notes. Instead, what I get is a very slender, limp accord of petitgrain and nutmeg that’s barely detectable at more than two inches’ distance. I would describe it in more depth, but I can discern no further depth to describe. (Based on the perfume oil concentration. Results with the eau de parfum may differ.)
30th July, 2014

I had high hopes for this one after some of the other great Le Labos, but I'm sorry to say that it's a disappointment. The opening is great - a juicy, tart citrus reminiscent of Frederick Malle Bigarade Concentree and Odin 03. Unfortunately, after half an hour I start to get a distinct off-note of mothballs with a whiff of compost, and the overall effect becomes a bit unpleasant. Longevity is citrus-like, i.e. not so great, though perhaps that's a plus in this case!

I don't think I'd pick Bergamote 22 over either of these others.
10th March, 2010