Neutral Reviews of Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir by Christian Dior

Find out more about Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir by Christian Dior in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Leather

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir is pretty much what it says on the label: Eau Sauvage with some watery fruit notes (Calone?) up top and a dab of clean leather. The leather leaves Fraîcheur Cuir smelling a touch closer to Roudnitska’s earlier Eau d’Hermès (minus the cumin and civet) than does the original, while the “fraîcheur” element points up the family relation to Le Parfum de Thérèse and Diorella. The fruit and leather also render Faîcheur Cuir sweeter and softer than the original version, an impression that persists into the drydown, which is noticeably less mossy than the accustomed Eau Sauvage.

Is Fraîcheur Cuir a pleasant variation on the Eau Sauvage theme? Without a doubt. Was it absolutely necessary? Of that I’m not so sure.

13th June, 2014

's avatar

Citric opening with a light leather note on the base. It would be great if it had a better lasting power, which is actually below average.
    Sillage and projection are soft too.

13th March, 2013

alfarom's avatar

A subtle and almost imperceptible variation of the previous Eau Sauvage gently enriched with a shy and clean leather note and just a little of fruity notes. Not bad but go for the original.

02nd April, 2011 (Last Edited: 04th April, 2011)

centerpin's avatar

Germany Germany

Sorry, but I have to ruin the quota here. I was extremly dissapointed about that new interpretation of Eau Sauvage. I have to admit that I also was extremly hyped up due to the good revues here and fell almost into a depression after I sprayed it on for the first time. It is nothing special.not at all.
    It is still Eau Sauvage, that´s why the review gets a neutral, I mean it is still one of the best scents ever so I cannot give it a bad rating.
    But I have to say that I can hardly smell any leather in that formular, after 10 minutes drydown there is maybe a little hint of leather which last for another 10 minutes and then the whole sensation is gone.
    Fraicheur Cuir smells a little cleaner and softer than the Original, actually they took out the dirtiness and replaced it with nothing.
    I am angry.
    The idea was good,but didn´t work, I guess they didn´t have the courage to really try a new scent so they they just did not enough-too mainstream.
    It smells nice, soft and lemony. Doesn´t stay long on my skin. 2 hours maybe. I am angry.

23rd February, 2010

Mar Azul's avatar

Bulgaria Bulgaria

No, it's not an update. Seems to me more that it tries to revive an old citrus+leather groove as the likes of Cacharel Homme and Halston 1-12, both of them far more complex and superior. A trying-to-be-serious citrus peel, then a trying-to-be-heavy-and-warm citrus-enhanced leather. And in fact, that's all.

29th January, 2010

ferickson's avatar

refined, yes. lemon and leather, yes. beautiful, yes. works for me? sadly, no. dries down a little too hot and dry. i'm sure on someone with a bit more class and a few more years than i, this would be fantastic. on me, it just feels uptight.

27th June, 2009