Reviews of Parah Man by Parah

Find out more about Parah Man by Parah in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sjg3839's avatar

Very light Citrus that is pretty smooth. Starts off with a very light pepper and orange blossom that is sort of lemony at first. After about 30 minutes, it turns lightly woody and close to the skin. You don't have to worry about going heavy on the trigger with this one. Definitely a summer scent. If the projection and longevity was better, I would have given this one a thumbs up.

26th December, 2012

staticx's avatar

India India

This is an incredible stuff...I bought it blind just looking at the notes pyramid and I've no regrets!! It opens with a pepper blast and goes a little citrusy after a few minutes..the cedar, as The Cologneist said, unfolds brilliantly and stays till the end...I clearly smell the vetiver in the base but in a subtle way...all in all it is a brilliant scent. The only problem for me is the longevity...On my skin it vanishes in 2-3 hours and after, say 45-60 minutes of applying, it goes very close to skin..
    And yes the dry down gives a faint hint of He Wood by dsquared may be because of the well balanced vetiver in the base note.

11th July, 2012

The_Cologneist's avatar

Totally agree with SirSlarty, this stuff reminds me of Tommy Bahama though. Or a more toned down L'eau D'issey. (I found L'eau D'issey to be way too overpowering)

Good stuff though.. to go a little more in depth.. it starts off with a nice big fat pepper note, as it cooks on the skin a little, it becomes slightly citrusy, and yessss here comes the cedar, boy do I love cedar in a fragrance. That combined with the vetiver while still maintaining some of its top and middle notes, makes for a very nice dry down that just goes right up your nose if you get close to it.

Sillage is ehh let's say mediocre, I've seen far worse.. towards the end it stays fairly close to the skin. Parah was a shocker to me, not many people know of it, but it's actually very good. Nothing too complex and non synthetic. Longevity is 4-6 hours on my skin. The longer this is on the more you will notice it smells like Tommy Bahama. I give this a B

20th March, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar

An amazingly fresh and peppery, aquatic woody and clean vetiver drydown. Great for a brisk and clear day.

14th January, 2009