Reviews of Reflection Man by Amouage

This opens clean, fresh, luminous.
Everything used here fom the top down is clean, crystalline and yes, reflection is the right name for this.
There is a fresh, high pitch, breath-mint note that carries this scent from start to finish and the partivular rose note here lends an underlying sweetness in conjunction with the other white florals. A creamy sandalwood (again clean), reveals itself in the drydown and finally some minty patchouli and cedar.
My main issue with this fragrance is that i find it quite linear and something that i might find boring to wear given that it also has very good performance.
As an older guy in his 40s the other thing is that this feels 'young' on me.
8 hours longevity, good projection.
A like for me.
10th October, 2017
It smells bitter in the opening, which could be the bitter orange leaves. The woody base doesn't smell very well done. It gets more powdery over time. I threw away the second half of the sample.
30th September, 2017
Elegant, sophisticated & beautiful. Does lean slightly feminine so won't be for everyone. Rather mainstream for Amouage but ever so nice. Lots of Jasmine, floral and powder type notes. Regardless of the fact that these notes go against my usual tastes I can't help but love it. Beauty in a bottle!

UPDATE
I actually backed out of buying a full bottle of this. My opinion hasn't changed. My thoughts are that I really love this fragrance and want to keep it special. It does also lean very feminine. On that basis I can't justify buying a full bottle as I wouldn't wear it very often. I will just keep a decant handy for as and when I need it and then replace when running low.

UPDATE
Bought a full bottle. Couldn't resist having something this good in my wardrobe.

23rd September, 2017 (last edited: 07th October, 2017)

have tried this twice now. both times the scent was gorgeous but became a skin scent in 10 mins on both (clean) wrists despite 2 sprays on each! sadly I had to leave it and I purchased Journey instead which is a phenomenal scent with ample staying power.

note, I did not check the country of origin on this but the Journey says Made in Oman. the tester did not have a cap so I couldnt tell whether it was the magnetic version or not but it has to be the later as the Journey is a magnetic cap.
25th August, 2017
A nice floral musky fragrance for a formal occasion IMO. It is high quality and it is long lasting and projects well for up to 4 hours with my experience. For the price I would give it one less star. So 4 out of 5. It's just missing that little something to push it into 5 star range. Overall a winner but try before you buy. Enjoy!
18th August, 2017
I wanted to love this, but now I smell like my grandma, and I cant scrub it off!
28th July, 2017
There is something in this fragrance that reminds me of a mall designer cologne... something that would be worn to a club. Hence, I hate it.
30th June, 2017
Don't compare this with Gaultier's Le Male. You'd miss out on something good. This is a great spring fragrance. Imagine a warm day with a cool breeze blowing jasmine and you have Reflection Man. This could easily be unisex. Safe for work, but this is an attention getter. Just get it if you don't have it already. Niche quality all the way.
22nd March, 2017
One of the most expensive "musky/talky bath-foams" of the market. Not for me. An "highly placed" mix of "market cracks cliche'-formulas". Joop Homme+ Baldessarini Ambre + a whichever musky-herbal-talky "ubiquitous" bath foam + Paco Rabanne One Million + Gaultier Le Male + a bombastic luxurious packaging = Reflection Man. Just a far more expensive, yet slightly more herbal and structured mix of the former juices. Finally Reflection turns out pretty talky, floral-chic and warm. I've read somewhere there is no resemblance with Joop Homme but I detect many points in common with it especially about the first part of the run (angular- herbal/hesperidic- elements, candied heliotrope, spices, jasmine, patchouli, vetiver, ambroxan, tonka, sandalwood etc). Finally the olfactory routes diverge and Reflection Man becomes a musky-talky amalgam significantly distant from the Joop's powerhouse disclosure. A really powerful fragrance. Hints of peppery spices, woody saltiness, synth ambery piquancy, floral patterns and aromatic herbal greenness ransom an otherwise overly boring expensive talky-ambery blend. Save your money guys.

P.S: after many ours I detect several changes, the juice evolves, a "languid" anisic (a la Thierry Mugler's Angel) sort of unisex fruity/floral patchouli comes out and I finally see a pretty chic sort of Chanel Allure's aura (vaguely candied/honeyed/floral-chic/aromatic). I detect in this phase an alluring sambac jasmine supported by neroli, "anisic-starry-candied" sandalwood and patchouli.
19th March, 2017 (last edited: 20th March, 2017)
When I was 16 Joop! came out (if I remember correctly). My mom got me a bottle for a gift and I immediately tried it. I thought it was the worst fragrance I'd ever smelled and I double checked to make sure it wasn't for women.

Fast forward to present time when I tried a sample of Reflection Man yesterday. I was immediately transported to that bottle of Joop! and was so disappointed. While it may not be identical it definitely is very, very similar and just isn't for me.
05th March, 2017
Got a £million? Me neither. I once read something along the lines that there are a couple of things that no one should skimp on in life, regardless of wealth. It was obviously aimed at anyone who had a few quid to spare, but not a couple of million quid. Shoes came in at number one. You spend a whole lot of time on your feet (33% by all accounts, or thereabouts). So buy the best pair of shoes you can afford. Makes sense. The next, a decent bed. I concur. We spend a solid 33% of our time curled up in the land of nod after all. Next comes all kinda of stuff. Stuff that makes no sense. I'd like to add to that list. I won't argue with the shoes or the bed. But I'd like to add a third, perfectly defined, category. Smell. A person who skimps on the way they smell ignores who they are. Or, more importantly, who they fancy themselves to be. Smell has the potential to be one of the great levelers in this life. For the cost of a pair of decent upper-middle class shoes, one can smell like a £million. It takes a little effort for sure. But your effort will reap rewards way beyond actually having to get lucky enough to have been born into old money. The way we smell says considerably more about who we are than which school we went to. This beautiful scent will say a couple of things about you. True or nay. It will tell people that you are a millionaire just for starters. Yes, for a mere one and a half hundred quid, people will assume, just from the way you smell, that you are minted. Next, it will say that you have taste. Jeeze, the damn thing smells like taste! If that's not enough, it WILL get you laid. I kid you not. Wear Amouge Reflection and there isn't a man, woman, mineral or vegetable that won't be interested in getting into your pants/ knickers. I guarantee you. This stuff smells like you've made it in life and have nothing left to prove.
16th January, 2017
lex Show all reviews
soft creamy flowers. there is some sweetness floating around in this.nice frag. from this house, it is pillowy approachable
24th December, 2016 (last edited: 05th January, 2017)
If I were a fragrance, I would be Amouage Reflection Man. Cold and warm at the same time. Distant yet inviting. Torn between shadows and light. A synthesis of contradictions. Reflection Man—a reflection of myself.
16th December, 2016

A masterpiece! My first Amouage and still my favorite. THIS is what I want to smell like!

Not everyone will be able to pull off this fragrance - it's extremely sweet and soapy / floral with a large dose of vanilla to balance the whole thing out.

As many have pointed out - there is a certain JPG vibe going on with this fragrance - I certainly wouldn't say they smelt anything like each other - but the vibe is certainly there, they come from the same place, the same mindset. Except of course, Reflection is vastly superior to JPG - it goes without saying, if you like JPG, then you will LOVE Reflection.

I'm sniffing it on me now - it's 1 hour since I sprayed and the lovely vanilla, soapy bubble gum notes are floating all around me. My only complaint about Reflection would be that it's very linear - it doesn't change much at all, it's one note all the way through.

But it's one hell of a note.
29th November, 2016
WOW, This is what i wanted Le Male to smell like.
Reflection Man smells amazing, Le male perfected.
It is so clean fresh with that flowery, slightly bubble gum type & sweet sandalwood/vanilla dry down.
I hate Le male but absolutely love this one. So far my favorite from Amouage.
This is quality stuff for sure.

Longevity: 8 hours
Projection: 7/10

11th October, 2016
My first thought after spraying was, " This smells like a natural, less-sweet version of Silver Scent." Very clean with plenty of floral punch, but as stated before, sweet, but not too sweet. Refined and smells well-blended. Projects well and to me, smells better for cooler weather occasions.
26th June, 2016
Great intimate scent for a romantic night. Great sillage and projection. A 10/10 for me.
08th April, 2016
What a wonderful fragrance; sweet, floral, long-lasting....just simply amazing!

14th March, 2016
Reflection Man is my favorite of the Amouage line that I've tried so far. Having said that, I think it's a little too sweet for my taste. The initial scent was very pleasant, and I received compliments from a few female co-workers, but the fragrance became sweeter as it dried down and just became a little sweeter than I prefer. As with the Creed fragrances ambergris dry down, the Amouage line has a signature scent present in the base notes. I don't know what it is, but it has a "musty" nature to it that I just don't care for. It wasn't very pronounced in the Reflection Man like it was in Interlude Man, and especially in Memoir Man, but I got just a trace of it in Reflection Man. With the prices of the Amouage line, I think I'll be satisfied with a sample of Reflection Man, but I will wear it again and see if I warm up to it even more. As I said, I still preferred it to the other Amouage I've tried. I'm looking forward to trying Jubilation XXV Man, Sunshine Man, and Beloved Man.
11th March, 2016
I simply do not get how any reviewer can pan this one for smelling synthetic. Nor can I understand comparing it to an inexpensive synthetic fragrance.
I am very sensitive to overly sweet and synthetic feeling scents. For example, although I love the Bond No. 9 bottle designs, I could never own one due to the lack of natural notes.
Reflection is particularly well blended and one of my 3 favorites by Amouage. In general I prefer their smokier more middle eastern scents like Interlude and Jubilation. But Reflection is just so pleasant especially after about an hour or so, that it won me over on first wearing in spite of its somewhat sweet opening.
For those that judge a fragrance on how many compliments it garners, this one is stellar in that regard too.
08th January, 2016
Super clean and uplifting fragrance from Amouage. Lighter and quite different than any of the other incense and oud fragrances I have tried to date from this house. Reflection has a strong jasmine and neroli notes in the top that are carried by a sweet floral and woods base. Like the other Amouage offerings, there's more notes in the background that subtlety shape the main theme. It's all extremely well blended and balanced masterfully into a scent with considerable character.

The dry down leans slightly toward the luxury soap side, with the rosemary and sandalwood, however the accord is so incredibly pleasant at the later stages, that I was truly reluctant to shower it off. Average sillage, but fantastic longevity. Would be a great white shirt and tie fragrance, suitable for the office and into the evening. My wife really likes it too. Thumbs Up.
23rd November, 2015
Reflection Man is a spicy/woody floral that is perfect for any occasion. At first spray I get jasmine and neroli, which I love. After a while I get wood (sandalwood) and spice (rosemary and pimento) together with the florals. Honestly, I smell NO similarity to Le Male, at all. Reflection is beautiful and very well made.

21st July, 2015
Not a bad entry in the incense-dominant Amouage men's line, but Reflection, to me, is nothing terribly special. I get mainly citrus top and heart notes in partnership with the usual incense and patchouli base notes. It's more orange-dominant in the opening and then relaxes into a balance between the orange, neroli, patchouli, and incense. There's also something slightly sweet to it, which I would guess is the cedarwood, but it's not so individually detectable to me.

It leans slightly to cold weather use but the citrus/incense pairing works for 12 months, at least to me. Longevity and projection are both decent, but Lyric Man, which I tried recently, is a preferable year-round Amouage fragrance. And while I'm still intrigued by the line, I remain generally hard-pressed to justify the price. Seemingly only a hard-hitting, long-lasting purely cold weather fragrance would justify the Amouage cost. Nonetheless, Reflection might end up smelling good enough on another man's skin to work as a versatile, even signature scent, so if the note list strikes a chord, go for it.

5 out of 10
13th April, 2015
This is my favourite offering i've tried from from Amouage's mens line, It has a very clean and sweet opening. The dry down kept reminding me of Joop! Homme which was a favourite of mine in my late teens, probably why I like it so much. The only problem is it reminded me so much of Joop I don't know if I could see myself shelling out that much for a bottle. Good work Amouage for the blend but I can't see myself considering this for the cabinet until Joop runs out.
16th March, 2015
This one can come of femme, or as in pretty girl or so I was told. I guess I can see their point but by no means is this a girl fragrance because of the quality. Neroli and jasmine is the main notes kicking and sometimes I get this orange candy smell like the tootsie roll orange flavor chews. Some say it's very simular to Le Male and I can see that but it's not synthetic and is rather smooth. I will agree it's for both men and women but it smells really good and if like your jasmine and neroli.
27th June, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

Reflection goes on with a bit of sweet fruit, spiked liberally with pink pepper. The pepper mellows slightly, but persists as crisp counterpoint to the soft florals at Reflection’s heart. There is a powdery iris root in the mix as well, and this helps to integrate the pink pepper with the vetiver that forms the scent’s foundation.

Like Dia, Reflection succeeds as a men’s fragrance with a floral heart, but it’s a simpler and more transparent composition. Where Dia uses incense, leather, and amber, the cooler Reflection relies on Mediterranean elements like orange leaves and rosemary to temper its floral elements. This fragrance lacks the outrageous projection and sillage of Gold, and doesn’t last as long as Dia, drying down after about five or six hours to a slightly sweet, powdery wood and vetiver base. Reflection is well worth trying, especially for men who fear florals. It’s bright, but not a lightweight, and makes a distinctive alternative to the commonplace citrus scents for spring and summer.
25th June, 2014 (last edited: 16th August, 2017)
I applaud Amouage for straying from their usual frankincense and myrrh formula. That being said this one just misses the mark.

I will say with Reflection that the notes come across musty and have a sickly, balmy and powdery sweetness throughout. The combination of jasmine and spices in this fragrance make it come across to me like a try-too -hard, fill the room glade air freshener.

Keep in mind this is all coming from someone who used to own a bottle and did a 180 to NOT liking the fragrance. This is the first time in my fragrance journey this has happened, so take that for what it is worth.
02nd June, 2014
First Impression is Top Ingredients!

Lots of jasmine, neroli and woody notes from beginning to end.

Absolutely Love it and recommend it.

Excellent Longevity and sillage.

27th December, 2013
People keep comparing this to "JPG Le Male" so I was curious to see how this one smell like.
I'm not a fan of Le Male and actually I hate it so lets see if I hate this one too!
At the opening I can smell a sweet jasmine mixed with some neroli.
The neroli note give the scent a semi fresh and almost citrusy aroma and based on the nature of this note, it does have a sharp floral and light soapy aroma as well.
So the opening is a sweet, semi fresh floral scent with a bright soapy aroma.
It does have the feeling of "JPG Le male" in general but they don't smell exactly the same.
Le Male is a synthetic vanilla mixed with glass-cleaner aroma of lavender and it's terrible in my opinion, but this one has much better quality and it doesn't have that cleaner aroma like Le Male.
As time goes by the fresh feeling of the scent fades away and I can smell more sweet jasmine with some woods from sandalwood and also some earthiness from vetiver but both are in the background and you need to search for them.
In the base I can smell a sweet vanilla mixed with a little bit of vetiver and very weak floral notes.
That's it.
As I said the feeling of the scent is something like "JPG Le Male" but if you smell it carefully, you can detect more differences than similarities.
I don't hate this, but I don't like it either!
Both projection and longevity is awesome and it seems women like it so much!
23rd December, 2013 (last edited: 28th June, 2014)
Powdery Floral with Pepper

Not your typical Amouage.

Read all the bad comments about this fragrance before trying. Once I tried it, I agreed with most who gave it a poor review. Seemed overly synthetic, possibly too strong, and couldn't help but think this was made for a teenager. An Amouage frag friend kept telling me to keep trying it and that it was his favorite. I took his advice and after wearing it a few more times I did a complete 180 on the scent. It performs much better on my shirt than on my skin. Stays a little more fresh which helps with warmer weather.

Not one of my favorite Amouages but worthy of a nice size decant.

Try this one at least 5 times before discarding.

I now call it my "gulity pleasure" fragrance. We all have at least one. :)

Pros: Longevity, good all seasons
Cons: Love/Hate type frag, may come off as overly synthetic

27th June, 2013