Reviews of Reflection Man by Amouage

My first thought after spraying was, " This smells like a natural, less-sweet version of Silver Scent." Very clean with plenty of floral punch, but as stated before, sweet, but not too sweet. Refined and smells well-blended. Projects well and to me, smells better for cooler weather occasions.
26th June, 2016
Great intimate scent for a romantic night. Great sillage and projection. A 10/10 for me.
08th April, 2016
What a wonderful fragrance; sweet, floral, long-lasting....just simply amazing!

14th March, 2016

Reflection Man is my favorite of the Amouage line that I've tried so far. Having said that, I think it's a little too sweet for my taste. The initial scent was very pleasant, and I received compliments from a few female co-workers, but the fragrance became sweeter as it dried down and just became a little sweeter than I prefer. As with the Creed fragrances ambergris dry down, the Amouage line has a signature scent present in the base notes. I don't know what it is, but it has a "musty" nature to it that I just don't care for. It wasn't very pronounced in the Reflection Man like it was in Interlude Man, and especially in Memoir Man, but I got just a trace of it in Reflection Man. With the prices of the Amouage line, I think I'll be satisfied with a sample of Reflection Man, but I will wear it again and see if I warm up to it even more. As I said, I still preferred it to the other Amouage I've tried. I'm looking forward to trying Jubilation XXV Man, Sunshine Man, and Beloved Man.
11th March, 2016
I simply do not get how any reviewer can pan this one for smelling synthetic. Nor can I understand comparing it to an inexpensive synthetic fragrance.
I am very sensitive to overly sweet and synthetic feeling scents. For example, although I love the Bond No. 9 bottle designs, I could never own one due to the lack of natural notes.
Reflection is particularly well blended and one of my 3 favorites by Amouage. In general I prefer their smokier more middle eastern scents like Interlude and Jubilation. But Reflection is just so pleasant especially after about an hour or so, that it won me over on first wearing in spite of its somewhat sweet opening.
For those that judge a fragrance on how many compliments it garners, this one is stellar in that regard too.
08th January, 2016
Super clean and uplifting fragrance from Amouage. Lighter and quite different than any of the other incense and oud fragrances I have tried to date from this house. Reflection has a strong jasmine and neroli notes in the top that are carried by a sweet floral and woods base. Like the other Amouage offerings, there's more notes in the background that subtlety shape the main theme. It's all extremely well blended and balanced masterfully into a scent with considerable character.

The dry down leans slightly toward the luxury soap side, with the rosemary and sandalwood, however the accord is so incredibly pleasant at the later stages, that I was truly reluctant to shower it off. Average sillage, but fantastic longevity. Would be a great white shirt and tie fragrance, suitable for the office and into the evening. My wife really likes it too. Thumbs Up.
23rd November, 2015
Reflection Man is a spicy/woody floral that is perfect for any occasion. At first spray I get jasmine and neroli, which I love. After a while I get wood (sandalwood) and spice (rosemary and pimento) together with the florals. Honestly, I smell NO similarity to Le Male, at all. Reflection is beautiful and very well made.

21st July, 2015
Not a bad entry in the incense-dominant Amouage men's line, but Reflection, to me, is nothing terribly special. I get mainly citrus top and heart notes in partnership with the usual incense and patchouli base notes. It's more orange-dominant in the opening and then relaxes into a balance between the orange, neroli, patchouli, and incense. There's also something slightly sweet to it, which I would guess is the cedarwood, but it's not so individually detectable to me.

It leans slightly to cold weather use but the citrus/incense pairing works for 12 months, at least to me. Longevity and projection are both decent, but Lyric Man, which I tried recently, is a preferable year-round Amouage fragrance. And while I'm still intrigued by the line, I remain generally hard-pressed to justify the price. Seemingly only a hard-hitting, long-lasting purely cold weather fragrance would justify the Amouage cost. Nonetheless, Reflection might end up smelling good enough on another man's skin to work as a versatile, even signature scent, so if the note list strikes a chord, go for it.

5 out of 10
13th April, 2015
This is my favourite offering i've tried from from Amouage's mens line, It has a very clean and sweet opening. The dry down kept reminding me of Joop! Homme which was a favourite of mine in my late teens, probably why I like it so much. The only problem is it reminded me so much of Joop I don't know if I could see myself shelling out that much for a bottle. Good work Amouage for the blend but I can't see myself considering this for the cabinet until Joop runs out.
16th March, 2015
This one can come of femme, or as in pretty girl or so I was told. I guess I can see their point but by no means is this a girl fragrance because of the quality. Neroli and jasmine is the main notes kicking and sometimes I get this orange candy smell like the tootsie roll orange flavor chews. Some say it's very simular to Le Male and I can see that but it's not synthetic and is rather smooth. I will agree it's for both men and women but it smells really good and if like your jasmine and neroli.
27th June, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

My experience with Amouage having swung wildly between the obscene Gold and the sublime Dia, I wasn’t sure I needed to try more from this house. But then there I was one day, in a Viennese perfume shop that had Amouage, Montale, and Clive Christian to sample, and I figured I’d give Reflection a go. My wife was with me at the time, and I had her smell it on me before I did. Her response was a wide-eyed “Ooh, that’s nice!” and I knew I was in trouble.

Reflection is nice, and it tells me that Dia is no mere anomaly in the Amouage men’s line. Yes, their prices are ridiculous, and their marketing is moronic, but the guys in Dubai do have at least some good scents. (Pardon the pun – I couldn’t resist!)

Reflection goes on with a bit of sweet fruit, spiked liberally with pink pepper. The pepper mellows slightly, but persists as crisp counterpoint to the soft florals at Reflection’s heart. There is a powdery iris root in the mix as well, and this helps to integrate the pink pepper with the vetiver that forms the scent’s foundation.

Like Dia, Reflection succeeds as a men’s fragrance with a floral heart, but it’s a simpler and more transparent composition. Where Dia uses incense, leather, and amber, the cooler Reflection relies on Mediterranean elements like orange leaves and rosemary to temper its floral elements. This fragrance lacks the outrageous projection and sillage of Gold, and doesn’t last as long as Dia, drying down after about five or six hours to a slightly sweet, powdery wood and vetiver base. Reflection is well worth trying, especially for men who fear florals. It’s bright, but not a lightweight, and makes a distinctive alternative to the commonplace citrus scents for spring and summer.
25th June, 2014
I applaud Amouage for straying from their usual frankincense and myrrh formula. That being said this one just misses the mark.

I will say with Reflection that the notes come across musty and have a sickly, balmy and powdery sweetness throughout. The combination of jasmine and spices in this fragrance make it come across to me like a try-too -hard, fill the room glade air freshener.

Keep in mind this is all coming from someone who used to own a bottle and did a 180 to NOT liking the fragrance. This is the first time in my fragrance journey this has happened, so take that for what it is worth.
02nd June, 2014
First Impression is Top Ingredients!

Lots of jasmine, neroli and woody notes from beginning to end.

Absolutely Love it and recommend it.

Excellent Longevity and sillage.

27th December, 2013

People keep comparing this to "JPG Le Male" so I was curious to see how this one smell like.
I'm not a fan of Le Male and actually I hate it so lets see if I hate this one too!
At the opening I can smell a sweet jasmine mixed with some neroli.
The neroli note give the scent a semi fresh and almost citrusy aroma and based on the nature of this note, it does have a sharp floral and light soapy aroma as well.
So the opening is a sweet, semi fresh floral scent with a bright soapy aroma.
It does have the feeling of "JPG Le male" in general but they don't smell exactly the same.
Le Male is a synthetic vanilla mixed with glass-cleaner aroma of lavender and it's terrible in my opinion, but this one has much better quality and it doesn't have that cleaner aroma like Le Male.
As time goes by the fresh feeling of the scent fades away and I can smell more sweet jasmine with some woods from sandalwood and also some earthiness from vetiver but both are in the background and you need to search for them.
In the base I can smell a sweet vanilla mixed with a little bit of vetiver and very weak floral notes.
That's it.
As I said the feeling of the scent is something like "JPG Le Male" but if you smell it carefully, you can detect more differences than similarities.
I don't hate this, but I don't like it either!
Both projection and longevity is awesome and it seems women like it so much!
23rd December, 2013 (last edited: 28th June, 2014)
Powdery Floral with Pepper

Not your typical Amouage.

Read all the bad comments about this fragrance before trying. Once I tried it, I agreed with most who gave it a poor review. Seemed overly synthetic, possibly too strong, and couldn't help but think this was made for a teenager. An Amouage frag friend kept telling me to keep trying it and that it was his favorite. I took his advice and after wearing it a few more times I did a complete 180 on the scent. It performs much better on my shirt than on my skin. Stays a little more fresh which helps with warmer weather.

Not one of my favorite Amouages but worthy of a nice size decant.

Try this one at least 5 times before discarding.

I now call it my "gulity pleasure" fragrance. We all have at least one. :)

Pros: Longevity, good all seasons
Cons: Love/Hate type frag, may come off as overly synthetic

27th June, 2013
Tony T Show all reviews
overhyped and priced

I have worn my decant 3 days the past week and I must say that I am not impressed. it smells awesome but Mont Blanc Individuel is in the same category but costs way less. if you are unfamiliar with MBI plz give it a try.

Pros: great smell and longevity
Cons: similiar to Individuel which is 7 times cheaper

16th June, 2013
Lightly sweet with a wood vibe and light spices. This one has a very light herbal note (probably the rosemary). In the mids you get a light leather note with a touch of bergamont and the amber relaxes it. The neroli note makes a good addition to this.Better suited for fall, winter and early spring. Great longevity on the one. 9 hours easy.
14th May, 2013 (last edited: 17th April, 2015)
I have been debating on this fragrance for a while now since all of the youtube hype. About 6 months ago I purchased a sample and wore it a couple of times. I liked it but did not want to purchase a bottle at the time due to the price. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a bottle and have been wearing it ever since. Some thing clicked with the fragrance after spraying with the bottle. Funny thing is, I have been wearing it for over a week straight and I have a lot of fragrances. This is the only fragrance I have given this much attention to out of my collection. I love every thing about refection man now, from the sweet opening to the dry down. In the past week I have been asked many times what I am wearing, and that it smells nice and not offensive. This fragrance is extremely wearable. I would highly recommend giving this fragrance a wearing for at least a couple of days straight. If it does not appeal to you then maybe it could be your skin, as I think this is among my top 2 scents. Blended to perfection.
11th November, 2012
I'm sorry but this frag is not appealing to me. If you've spent a lot of time with Le Male you might have noticed once and a while you get a whiff of something disgusting hidden underneath that great smell. Reflection Man is that exact disgusting smell no one can put their finger on.
29th October, 2012
The shapelessness of this leaves me a bit at a loss for the right descriptors: white flower miasma, not-quite-eucalyptus chest rub, bubble gum (hence the Le Male comparisons), chlorinated swimming pool water, sweet el-cheapo synthetic musks, napthalene, this perfume has them all and then a few. But it remains vague (not elusive, there’s a difference), somewhat sweetish and when there’s a glimpse of the sandal in the base one breathes a sigh of relief. To its credit, about 3 or 4 hours in this does cohere and becomes quite comforting but Amouage can do so much better. Lasts forever.
25th August, 2012
rbaker Show all reviews
This is an intensive and heavy oriental scent.  Initially heavy on sweet spice, it develops into jasmin-based flowery patchouli-heavy drydown. The at times sickly-overpowering sweetness settles and it becomes quite balanced with a hint of wood at later stages. On me it was quite cloying, projecting forcefully and lasting abut six hours.
I could not wear this for work, but it is a sophisticated blends with a rich development; for me more an evening-out choice.
12th May, 2012
The comparisons to Le Male are apt, at least at first. It's flowery and powdery at the top and definitely has a similarity to Le Male. It's a bit more peppery and has some green leafy notes, though, and seems slightly more complex. Longevity and sillage are nowhere near as potent as Le Male unless you really pour this on.

It's a sharp, almost bitter/powdery cologne with a lot of green and flower notes up front and dries down into a powdery and woody cologne. I don't get a lot of sillage here; very close to the skin after the opening blast.

This is something you'd smell on a guy in a nice suit who is planning on going to the bar after work looking for love. It smells higher end but has a very familiar (Le Male) body to it. For the price of a bottle you can do better, I think.
01st May, 2012
Weird fascination at first sniff, and it hasn't let up yet. Coming down to the last few drops of a generous department store sample, I sprang for a full bottle. It grows on you. If you haven't sniffed it you should think bizarre, bright, chemical air freshener. But it's much deeper in the uniquely so-bad-taste-it's-good style that Amouage is famous for. Seems to be a tweaked version of a bright, floral, somewhat watery, and "clean" aromachemical conflagration. On the too-sweet side for casual wear in public, unless you actually want to shock the hell out of innocent bystanders with the atomic sweet chemical cloud surrounding you. There are times when I actually crave an outre effect like that. To all other casual observers beware. This one is for fans of slightly disturbing and obnoxious fragrance statements. Your statement will be broadcast loud and clear.
12th April, 2012
Love this smell. I am finding that I like the smell of neroli. There is no vanilla listed but it gives the feeling that it there is some in it. I have yet to find someone who is put off by the smell. 3 to 4 sprays on this one is all you need and lasts all day into the night, with the later hours being a lighter scent, but I kinda like it that way.
01st April, 2012
Smells okay....for a pesticide. I'm not prone to exaggeration, but this is just awful. I received 3 complaints the first time I wore this! and someone sitting next to me actually had his hands over his nose, and was too polite to tell me I stank; it was very embarrassing. I'd only done two sprays on skin, not clothing. Avoid this.
17th March, 2012
I LOOOOVE this one! Totally spring scent! Imagine a new biological beginning after winter and you get this one! Floral, sweet yes but also very fresh and well balanced...I even smell Mimosa although it is not listed as an ingredient. Probably the "youngest smelling" of the Amouage range.

Quite a bit waxy, jasmine, ylang-ylang, the exotic note, ...the whole fragrance smells like a sweet exotic flower or fruit. Also, I smell that Bazooka chewing gum note from back in the day that makes my saliva gland go, lol. A distinctively "wet" smelling fragrance: juicy, floral, rich, modern, sweet and a little pungent peppery.

A lighter oriental so an ideal daytime and great scent to get introduced to this extraordinary brand!

Nothing but love for this!

I will add this to my spring scent wardrobe as it is very uplifting! Think of it like a sip from a hot invigorating ginger tea!
14th March, 2012
This fragrance was amazing... at first. It lasted only 1-2 hours and then became a barely noticeable skin scent. For the 1-2 hours its amazing but there is NO way to justify spending the price of a full bottle. It smells great and projects well for the first 1-2 hours and then that's it, shows over. I do think that while this smells better than JPG LeMale I would not purchase it over LeMale.
13th March, 2012
Big disappointment in this one. A very sweet, somewhat powdery floral mess. On opening the floral sweetness reigns king. If there is neroli in this, I don’t detect it. Instead I get the jasmine/rosemary laced with something very sweet. Sickening really. This persists for hours and maybe later on you can detect some hints of vetiver and sandalwood, but why would you want to wait 4-5 hours of disgustingness to get to this, which isn’t remarkable in its own right.
12th January, 2012
Right after the 1º spray, we have in Reflection an explosion of a super sweet jasmine note. After 5 minutes the neroli starts to appear, but not a crude neroli, extremely herbal like in Bois Blond from Atelier Cologne. Here we have a slight sweet version of it, and that's it. This fragrance stays like that until the end without changing. Boring and without the standard quality of Amouage.
20th November, 2011 (last edited: 12th December, 2011)
I'm new to the Amouage range so I have to believe that it will be all uphill from here. :) So far, all i'm getting after about 30 minutes in, is neroli and what to my nose smells like mimosa, though I don't see that listed as an official note. Certainly pleasant - even beautiful - but hardly remarkable in any $250 per bottle kind of way...
31st October, 2011