Neutral Reviews of Reflection Man by Amouage

Find out more about Reflection Man by Amouage in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Bostonguy's avatar

The comparisons to Le Male are apt, at least at first. It's flowery and powdery at the top and definitely has a similarity to Le Male. It's a bit more peppery and has some green leafy notes, though, and seems slightly more complex. Longevity and sillage are nowhere near as potent as Le Male unless you really pour this on.

It's a sharp, almost bitter/powdery cologne with a lot of green and flower notes up front and dries down into a powdery and woody cologne. I don't get a lot of sillage here; very close to the skin after the opening blast.

This is something you'd smell on a guy in a nice suit who is planning on going to the bar after work looking for love. It smells higher end but has a very familiar (Le Male) body to it. For the price of a bottle you can do better, I think.

01st May, 2012

Nouveau Nez's avatar

I'm new to the Amouage range so I have to believe that it will be all uphill from here. :) So far, all i'm getting after about 30 minutes in, is neroli and what to my nose smells like mimosa, though I don't see that listed as an official note. Certainly pleasant - even beautiful - but hardly remarkable in any $250 per bottle kind of way...

31st October, 2011

El Argentino's avatar

Well, for the retail price of this one, I feel that it should blow you away on all fronts. And while it is one of the most unique scents I've ever smelled, I can't say that I was immediately taken by it.

It's intriguing to be sure, and it makes me want to wear it again to try to figure it out more, but it just lacked a "killer" nature to it, as apparently Jubliation XXV has (according to reviews I've read/watched/gathered). Something that just captures you and leaves you enthralled.

Upon smelling it for the first time, the pepper in it struck me most quickly. Not in a put-offish way, but definitely a nostril burner if you're not expecting it. I could also pick up some powdery florals (most likely jasmine/orchid). At application, the neroli and bitter orange came out a bit more - moreso than just smelling it from the bottle. About 30 minutes in, I also got a phase of the scent where it smelled like "blackened Dr. Pepper", the best way I can describe it. It projected it's top and middle notes very well for about 5 hours before it began to settle down into the sandalwood and vetiver (the two listed base notes that I could most easily identify). It definitely gets sweeter as it goes along, but never approaches Creed-sweetness ( which is the only other niche brand with which I've had experience).

I think it's an intriguing scent, and I want to wear it again. For sure, it's not a day-to-day sort of deal, so I think my 30mL split will suit its nature nicely. I enjoy it, but just wish it possessed that "capture you" trait I had originally anticipated.

17 April, 2011

Klont's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Very good scent. Really masculine and sweet at the same time.

Too bad it only lasts a few hours on me.
    And when you also take note on the price it gets a neutral score from me.

12 May, 2010

jenson's avatar

India India

This scent is of the Geir, Himalaya, Fleur Du male genre. opens with a powdery, fruity blast..i would call it the "cloud effect"..will remind one of Himalaya for sure. its when the top notes wear out that i cud detect something with a very camphor like coolness to it...only closer look and its a wonderful note of Jasmine (reminded me of how this smell was done in Fleur Du Male by Gaultier). The blending of Jasmine and Neroli is done ever so beautifully. i always feel great when houses do excellent florals for men...especially when its something that is not rose. The overall feel of "white cloud" doesnt change..somehow the notes melt into each other and give off that impression. the basenotes add some bite to the midnotes and gives it a bitter quality..soon the powderiness begins to fade and a basenotes of decayed floral elements with patchouli and other subtle touches of woody notes is unvealed...not overtly impressed with the basenotes...but, i can still catch occasional whiffs of floral elements which is pleasing. worth the rate...? not for me..i can alwasy go back to Himalaya and FdM. but this maybe just the scent for someone who doesnt like the above two.
    thumbs up for the scent. a thumbs down for the price = neutral.

13 October, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

A fantastic sweet semi-licorice scent. Lasted only about 4 hours on me and seemed linear but man what a scent.

14 September, 2008

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

This is nice, a Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male in an Armani suit to my nose. none of the wild and brash muskiness, no lavender domination, just a nice mellow sweetness. It does smell a little synthetic though. A heavier application gives it strength, depth and more dimension. If I find it at half price, I might buy it. Otherwise, waaaay too expensive, and the juice is NOT unique or daring enough to warrant shelling out the dough.

22 April, 2008

kharisma92's avatar

Is it me or does this one smell like Jean-Paul Gautier?? not original to me got to rate it "neutral"

24 December, 2007

supermarky's avatar

woody start floral heart ends with many mothballs

19 May, 2007