Positive Reviews of Vanille Noire du Mexique by La Maison de la Vanille

As a vanilla lover, it was with anticipation that I awaited the delivery of my order of the five samples in this line. The descriptions were enticing and I couldn't see how any of the five could be anything but marvelous.

However, when I tested the samples, I found them nauseatingly sweet.

The problem for me is that all five fragrances are OVERWHELMINGLY vanilla, so much so that I most likely won't be able to use them . Still, they smell wonderful for a short time so I'll pass them along to someone more tolerant of excessive vanilla.

Update: perhaps I was overdosed on vanilla when I first tried this. In suslequent use I find this to be a great vanilla and, the sillage and longevity are unbelievable. if you like vanilla, you'll love this.
25th June, 2012 (last edited: 22nd August, 2012)
Despite the fact that both this fragrance and Vanille Givree des Antilles, by the same house smell very similar, this is another vanilla scent well done.

Vanille Noire du Mexique is a very rich and concentrated vanilla. The vanilla is complimented by a delicious, chocolatey rose, which reminds me slightly of a more tamed version of Angel Rose from the Garden of Stars collection by Thierry Mugler.

This fragrance has an interesting mix of both sweet notes and spices. The patchouli, opoponax and bergamot are important in the way they keep this fragrance from becoming too sweet or too generic.

For some reason, Vanille Noire du Mexique makes me think of Winter and mugs of white hot chocolate, my new favourite beverage. The way in which this fragrance sits on the skin is both velvety and luscious.

I'd sum up this fragrance as being a rich vanilla with a touch of mystery. The sillage is strong with this one, so I'd spray lightly. This fragrance is yet another thumbs up for La Maison de la Vanille.

04th September, 2011
Deliciously sweet, spicy, toffee-like vanilla, with cinnamon, tonka, a faint whiff of jasmine, & patchouli in the base. lt seems to get deeper, darker & richer as it dries down, & l'm hooked. This has similarities to Profumum's Vanitas, & is a quarter of the price! l'm thinking this is bottle-worthy...
03rd February, 2011

Begins with a bit of a tang which disappears quickly. Settles into a combination of soft, powdery and spicy vanilla. A crowd pleaser but not a room filler.
12th August, 2009
Bergamot in the topnotes makes for a fresh introduction to one of my favourite autumn/winter scents. Not-too-sweet vanilla then kicks in with some florals (rose and jasmine). As the floral notes soften Vanille Noire Du Mexique dries down into gorgeous dark chocolate/vanilla heaven. Slightly powdery and very sexy.
Fab price too.