Reviews of Burberry Summer for Men by Burberry

Find out more about Burberry Summer for Men by Burberry in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

RobbieX's avatar

This is for the 2009 scent. GORGEOUS is the word that comes to mind here. Like Lacoste Style in Play - but much better blended and smoother. A lovely summer scent.

03 March, 2013

The_Cologneist's avatar

This review is based off of the 2009 version.

Frankly, I am not a fan of citrus fragrances, but this one hits the spot. It opens with a sweet yet tart citrus accord, I presume this is the yuzu note. White musk is definitley noticeable in the opening, along with green apple and mint. The mint is pretty subdued, stays in the background, which is a shame, because it's a great mint note! It dries down with some sort of earthy spice, and earthy woodsy notes; bare in mind, very subdued, as the main stars here are yuzu, green apple, white musk, and mint.

Kind of generic really, but executed well. Very balanced, with great longevity and adequate projection.

29 August, 2012

smalla's avatar

pleasant generic Acqua di Gio style, good for summer, good for work.
    but it is sooooo light, you can hardly smell it. it does last, but close to skin. May be I'm too use to strong colognes.Summer cologne doesn't have to be light; strong fragrance like Versace Eau Fraîche turned out to be great summer fragrance.

05 July, 2012

Grottola's avatar

While it's not bad by any means, Burberry Summer for Men just smells like "generic guy cologne" to me. Like, something from Abercrombie and Fitch or American Eagle.

Sorry, I fell asleep in the middle of smelling it....

14 May, 2011

jalexhrovat's avatar

This is an interesting fragrance in that it lasts for less than a hour on my skin. The initial citrus(yuzu) is amazing and it quickly transitions to a juniper/cypress and straight into the basenotes of cedarwood and musk......There really isn't a whole lot of time to enjoy this fragrance, and in all honesty it's probably a waste of money because you'd have to reapply the stuff every hour or so. I like it because its refreshing, but I disklike the horribly short longevity.....Burberry could have made a much more wonderful fragrance if they somehow just enhanced the longevity.

11th April, 2011

m.francisco's avatar

At first, this smelled just like a cleaning product to me. Then it faded away into yet another generic citrus scent. Bland and uninspired, and yet another failure from Burberry.

28 July, 2010

andrw's avatar

Just picked this up and loving it so far. Very fresh and makes me feel extremely clean while wearing it. The longevity is something to long for, but overall I'd say it's a pretty solid scent through and through. I will be wearing this and Lacoste Essential throughout the summer.

13 June, 2010

Nihilist's avatar

got this for a very good price late last year, i suppose for it being out of season. this is the 2009 version.

the initial blast is a strange cross of citrus with paper mache. i was taken back to the times of kindergarten, fresh off the floor from a nap. all jokes aside, the citrus dominates but i cant help but think the mache was added to create an impression of dryness like a homme de gres, and in that it entirely fails. does it smell bad or bland? not at all. as a matter of fact, i wore this exclusivly for weeks after i got it, quite rare when your wardrobe is forty (40) deep.

longevity is more than comparative to other scents with a similar dominate note, so this is not a weak scent even among the citrus types.

the next distinct note is....rose? actually strong rose water, but not the "wave accord" note in cool water. its not the type to make people wonder which side of the plate youre swinging from, in case youre concerned. its actually pleasent and lasts, which is leaving me to wonder why the longevity is knocked, unless people arent realizing thats the next note in play.

i personally like it, all the way around. not a category winner but different and useful. try before you buy, to be safe.

19 May, 2010

CharlesB's avatar

Its unfortunate that I don't like Burberry Summer since i am a fan of most Burberry fragrances. This cologne comes off way as a strong industrial citrus smell, that makes my head spin. After 50 mins the scent is all but gone.

17 February, 2010

dm8m's avatar

Philippine Philippine

burberry summer is a very very light fragrance. fit for that laid back, kick back & relax days. my regret on getting this scent is that it fades too quickly. it's in eau de toilette but feels more like a cologne to me.

10th January, 2010

Jonattan's avatar

WAY TO SWEET for me. Very linear also. The citrus isn't bad. I love that it has pineapple, too bad they overdid it: TOO SWEET. Two sprays max makes it a pretty good option for summer. The base is a little more manly, but it's still unisex.

07 December, 2009

Speed00kills's avatar

Does anyone get Bond No. 9 Coney Island from this??
    Check it out and let me know what you think.. I like the smell as it reminds me of the Bond no. 9 coney island. Smells like lemonade or something on me

19 September, 2009

Askzander's avatar

I am not a fan of citrus scents. However, I will say that I don't mind this. As a matter of fact, I like it a lot. I wore it all last summer to band camp. I recently wore it again, and the smell instantly reminded me of those beautiful summer nights. As a result, I absolutely love this scent. As for the smell itself, it is very sharp on top, but it's not sickening like some other citrus fragrances. It's actually quite nice. Sillage and longevity are my only problems with it. It is extremely weak, and must be applied very liberally. It also is completely gone within a couple hours. It's a total disappointment. But as far as citrus scents go, this is great. I think it works best on those summer nights when you're going out for a few hours and just want to smell fresh.

21st April, 2009

Justin Case's avatar

Thumbs down because of a complete lack of originality. Very familiar, smells like a hundred other colognes, and I can't stand geranium.

14 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 17 March, 2013)

SirSlarty's avatar

I thought this was a pretty good summer scent. I think it's Weekend + Burberry for Men + more citrus - potency. It's very light (usual for summer frags) except that the lemon is super strong on the top and not too synthetic like with ck's summer frags. It's a toss up for me.

09 October, 2008

Ardell1990's avatar

Hate it! I thought I would like this scent since I like most of Burberry's scent, but this one reminds me of a 'bar of soap' smell. It smells fresh, but i'm not fond of bar soap smells.

06 September, 2008

Tony T's avatar

the best burberry imo. one of the better summer scents second to aramis's bermuda tonic. refreshing and long lasting masculine and clean with a bit of spice and floral. unique and uplifting in everyway.

02 August, 2008

bbBD's avatar

Very disappointing... after considering Summer for months, trying it multiple times on cards and on my skin, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased. The top notes are fantastic and were clearly what was drawing me in for so long. Pungent, strong, lemon and grapefruit lead to promises of a great citrus fragrance. In not much longer than the time it's taken you to read this so far, the strong citrus dissipates, replaced with an entirely pleasant musky cedrat accord, and that's about it for the rest of the fragrance's short life.

This would be ok if it weren't for the fact that it smells IDENTICAL to Azzaro Pure Cedrat, which I purchased for $15 at a discount store. I put Burb Summer on one hand and Pure Cedrat on the other.... my girlfriend could not distinguish. The only difference between the two is that the Pure Cedrat lasted about twice as long as the Burberry, which was all but unnoticeable in 90 minutes.

I'm lucky I was able pawn off the Burb Summer to a friend without losing too much money. Not worth it.

11th July, 2008

fusion's avatar

A wonderful scent from beginning to end a must try the best of all the summer offerings thumbs up way up.

29 April, 2008 (Last Edited: 09 July, 2009)

Stelios_X_opa's avatar

Very light, easy to wear, and super lemony! Smell citrus throughout the wear of the cologne, and it feels perfect for a hot day rollerblading in the park. Recommend!

27 May, 2007

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

this is good stuff, possibly one of the best 'summer' scents. I tried this alongside Eternity Summer, JPG and Issey Miyake 'summer' versions, and I must say I was drawn only to the Burb.
    All the others seem like weak if not inferior versions of the original, whereas the Burb was a unique scent. Fresh and confident, it brightens as it driesdown, it puts one in a perpetual state of cool warmth that only a lazy airy summer afternoon can deliver, well coupled with just the right amount of energy sufficient for a little mischief. Highly recommended!

01st May, 2007

iMaverick's avatar

Surprising offering from Burberry...reminds me of Weekend, but much more citrus, the grapefruit note is supported miraculously by spice and cedar notes to carry its freshness for hours and hours. Have they cracked the code in tricking the nose of smelling citrus all the way in a scent? Great job I must say!

29 April, 2007