Positive Reviews of Burberry Summer for Men by Burberry

This is for the 2009 scent. GORGEOUS is the word that comes to mind here. Like Lacoste Style in Play - but much better blended and smoother. A lovely summer scent.
03rd March, 2013
This review is based off of the 2009 version.

Frankly, I am not a fan of citrus fragrances, but this one hits the spot. It opens with a sweet yet tart citrus accord, I presume this is the yuzu note. White musk is definitley noticeable in the opening, along with green apple and mint. The mint is pretty subdued, stays in the background, which is a shame, because it's a great mint note! It dries down with some sort of earthy spice, and earthy woodsy notes; bare in mind, very subdued, as the main stars here are yuzu, green apple, white musk, and mint.

Kind of generic really, but executed well. Very balanced, with great longevity and adequate projection.
29th August, 2012
andrw Show all reviews
Just picked this up and loving it so far. Very fresh and makes me feel extremely clean while wearing it. The longevity is something to long for, but overall I'd say it's a pretty solid scent through and through. I will be wearing this and Lacoste Essential throughout the summer.
13th June, 2010

got this for a very good price late last year, i suppose for it being out of season. this is the 2009 version.

the initial blast is a strange cross of citrus with paper mache. i was taken back to the times of kindergarten, fresh off the floor from a nap. all jokes aside, the citrus dominates but i cant help but think the mache was added to create an impression of dryness like a homme de gres, and in that it entirely fails. does it smell bad or bland? not at all. as a matter of fact, i wore this exclusivly for weeks after i got it, quite rare when your wardrobe is forty (40) deep.

longevity is more than comparative to other scents with a similar dominate note, so this is not a weak scent even among the citrus types.

the next distinct note is....rose? actually strong rose water, but not the "wave accord" note in cool water. its not the type to make people wonder which side of the plate youre swinging from, in case youre concerned. its actually pleasent and lasts, which is leaving me to wonder why the longevity is knocked, unless people arent realizing thats the next note in play.

i personally like it, all the way around. not a category winner but different and useful. try before you buy, to be safe.
19th May, 2010
burberry summer is a very very light fragrance. fit for that laid back, kick back & relax days. my regret on getting this scent is that it fades too quickly. it's in eau de toilette but feels more like a cologne to me.
10th January, 2010
Does anyone get Bond No. 9 Coney Island from this??
Check it out and let me know what you think.. I like the smell as it reminds me of the Bond no. 9 coney island. Smells like lemonade or something on me
19th September, 2009
I am not a fan of citrus scents. However, I will say that I don't mind this. As a matter of fact, I like it a lot. I wore it all last summer to band camp. I recently wore it again, and the smell instantly reminded me of those beautiful summer nights. As a result, I absolutely love this scent. As for the smell itself, it is very sharp on top, but it's not sickening like some other citrus fragrances. It's actually quite nice. Sillage and longevity are my only problems with it. It is extremely weak, and must be applied very liberally. It also is completely gone within a couple hours. It's a total disappointment. But as far as citrus scents go, this is great. I think it works best on those summer nights when you're going out for a few hours and just want to smell fresh.
21st April, 2009
Tony T Show all reviews
the best burberry imo. one of the better summer scents second to aramis's bermuda tonic. refreshing and long lasting masculine and clean with a bit of spice and floral. unique and uplifting in everyway.
02nd August, 2008
fusion Show all reviews
A wonderful scent from beginning to end a must try the best of all the summer offerings thumbs up way up.
29th April, 2008 (last edited: 09th July, 2009)
Very light, easy to wear, and super lemony! Smell citrus throughout the wear of the cologne, and it feels perfect for a hot day rollerblading in the park. Recommend!
27th May, 2007
this is good stuff, possibly one of the best 'summer' scents. I tried this alongside Eternity Summer, JPG and Issey Miyake 'summer' versions, and I must say I was drawn only to the Burb.
All the others seem like weak if not inferior versions of the original, whereas the Burb was a unique scent. Fresh and confident, it brightens as it driesdown, it puts one in a perpetual state of cool warmth that only a lazy airy summer afternoon can deliver, well coupled with just the right amount of energy sufficient for a little mischief. Highly recommended!
01st May, 2007
Surprising offering from Burberry...reminds me of Weekend, but much more citrus, the grapefruit note is supported miraculously by spice and cedar notes to carry its freshness for hours and hours. Have they cracked the code in tricking the nose of smelling citrus all the way in a scent? Great job I must say!
29th April, 2007