Reviews of Emporio Armani Diamonds by Giorgio Armani

Find out more about Emporio Armani Diamonds by Giorgio Armani in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar

Lychee, raspberry and rose. Not unpleasant initially, then synthetic and a dull sweetness. Could be worse.

21st November, 2013

Cricketkitty's avatar

A male sales associate whispered to me at a department store that when he smells this he has to "adjust himself". Of course I couldn't resist trying it after that and I walked around the mall and didn't have to fight off any men or run for my "virtue".

What I did get was a sickeningly, overwhelming sweetness that smelled like Jolly Ranchers to me. It just downright stank.

09 September, 2012

Zaika's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

I like this fragrance. It is beautiful, bright and fresh.

15 February, 2012

Darvant's avatar

Mediocre scent and even less than this. The beginning is immediately fruity, herbal and dry, the note of raspberry is soaring in the air pushed up by the lychee's synthetical power. The combination of lychee, raspberries and muguet produces a fruity-floral smell of wild berries and fruits of forest. The central part is shortly lasting because the initially angular whiff fades soon towards a final rosey and sugary, slightly vanillic, kind of smell with the barely herbal and fruity harshness coming from vetiver, cedar and some spices. The last bring out, on the flank of patchouli and raspberry, a touch of womanly sophistication. This is a citrusy-fruity fragrance with a tamed and sweet vanillic and green dry down.

03 December, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

This is indeed a lovely, feminine and sweet fragrance.

The notes of raspberry and litchi are very prominent in this fragrance, however they are not strong and overly fruity, instead they are light and sugary, almost like smelling a bag full of sweets.

The scent itself is very refreshing and pretty. In the drydown I sensed some spicyness which I assumed comes from the vetiver note. The combination of sweet fruits blended with the spices has been achieved successfully, producing a scent that is both classy and elegant.

I believe that this fragrance is being marketed to the younger audience, hence the decision in making Beyonce the face of Emporio Armani Diamonds. This scent is very appealing to younger women because it is so sweet and light, however I much prefer Versace Woman's raspberry notes above this fragrance even though I'm within the targeted age range.

I agree to a certain extent that there is something in this fragrance that does smell a little artificial, but that being said, this is not a cheap or nasty smelling perfume.

Emporio Armani Diamonds still mantains the sophistication and excellence of Giorgio Armani scents and the lasting power is quite good.

I don't think I'll be purchasing this fragrance, but I do recommend this scent for any one who enjoys sweet fragrances like Showtime by Kylie Minogue and Can Can by Paris Hilton.

26 April, 2011

tatjana's avatar

I just picked this one up and after some reservations it's really grown on me. It's definitely one of those scents that will wear you if you're not careful. It comes on very strong and dries down nicely to an elegant woodsy fragrance with a fruity twist that lasts forever. It's feminine, but not girlie. There is a bold and timeless quality about it that makes it beautiful, and yet completely out of place with jeans and tees. I wouldn't wear this one casually. Diamonds does, however, make a great statement for a woman looking for a mature scent that's not old or matronly.

31st July, 2010

pixelriot's avatar

I have got about 3/4 of the way through this bottle that I bought with Christmas money a couple of years ago.
    Quite a nice, medium fragrance, which is very feminine and suitable for both day and evening. Probably more on the evening side though.
    I do like it but it isn't my favourite, and I doubt I'll repurchase.
    It does smell nice on my skin, and I do enjoy the fruity top notes as well as the patchouli base note. Something about it that doesn't quite suit my personality, however it is a well put together fragrance, and a good addition to anyone's collection.

12 March, 2010

Agatha Runcible's avatar

This review is for the EDP formulation.

After the initial burst of synthetic over sweetness (which seems typical of Armani perfumes) has calmed down, I begin to detect an interesting and unpredictable fruit note that has an alluring sour edge to it.

I can detect some soft focus florals underscored by a smooth and soft vetiver note, which makes for a nice balance to the sweet yet sour fruity raspberry smell that is in the fore ground. I am enjoying this interesting raspberry note. However, the scent seems to stay fixed, with no suggestion of a progression beyond this.

I am pleasantly surprised by this perfume because I have not warmed to Armani’s previously.

15 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 16 October, 2009)

Jackisblack's avatar

I like this one a LOT better than the mens' version. :P

26 September, 2009

Sporenburg's avatar

Spain Spain

Basically, the way American 15-year girls smelled in the 80's. This, one could say, is a good thing. But of course no self-respecting woman should wear this bubblegum water. The name is utter crap too.

21st June, 2009

lodea's avatar

This is a very sweet, (almost candy sweet) citrus scent. After a few minutes, it does calm down a bit, and is much nicer when the woody scents come out. I only wish the woodsy smell was a bit stronger (personal taste). It is not unique, and not a favorite of mine!

08 February, 2009

DolceBanana's avatar

Ladies, you may not like this one, but the guys love it!

I went to my friends house one night, she was prettying up for the night ahead. When i took a whiff of her neck, this smell hit me like a buzz, went straight through my body and woke up my good friend Johnson. I couldn't get enough of that smell! All night I kept smelling her neck and hair. Beautifull! Never has a smell aroused me like this one does. Awesome!

29 January, 2009

tale's avatar

Very dry, rather herbal than sweet. In fact I don't find it sweet at all but quite unisex.
    It is a matter of personal taste I guess. I really miss the sparkle though. Considering the whole presentation I would have expected it to be a little more vivid.

10th January, 2009

Lily from the Forest's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

The first notes I smelled were fine. Not good, not for me, but an OK, pretty standard fragrance. Then after a few minutes, Diamonds smells like Men, (Too-Much) Vanilla and headache.

Definitely not a 'girls best friend'.

13 December, 2008

amalyne's avatar

Malaysia Malaysia

I love the smell.. especially the lychees note! However, there is nothing unusual or unique as it smells similar to other fruity perfumes. Anyway, worth a try and it is not dissapointing

21st November, 2008

katyas's avatar

I like this scent a LOT on me; my husband likes it too - his exact words were "that's nice, it's nice and fresh." He doesn't like stuff that smells like "gramma perfume" (which is how he defines my For Her, for example). The scent is sharp and fresh at the opening, with the fruits and florals coming through as time goes by; as the dry-down comes, you are left with the sensual softness of the cedar and vetiver, vanilla and patchouli. It has a good staying power and the scent is bold without being "knock you off your chair" strong. Obviously each person has a different body chemistry and therefore the scent will respond uniquely to each person, but for me? This is a win.

14 May, 2008 (Last Edited: 26 May, 2008)

Gblue's avatar

I don't think much of it.
    Reminds me of those candy necklaces and bracelets. Bottle is tacky, and has a horrible pearlescent coating.

16 January, 2008

sameasalways's avatar

I wanted to like this one based off the description at Sephora. But no. It was unremarkable. It smelled like perfume. If you could imagine what perfume would smell like..just any general perfume. This is what it would smell like. Too bad.

26 December, 2007

Souxie's avatar

I agree with street_a_licious, this does smell bland, but pleasant, I found it to be a lighter version of J. Lo Glow after dark that in turn I found to be a lighter version of La Prairie's Silver Rain. I was expected maybe a metallic edge to it but it was much more fruity than envisioned...but nice.

18 December, 2007

TeriBoBerrry's avatar

I think this perfume smells like something my grandmother would like. It reminds me of old lady.
    I bought a bottle of it after I read that some of the notes wer vanilla and rose, I love anything that smells like roses, and vanilla is so sexy to add to a frangrance. But this one just reminds me of old lady. I wear it and get absolutely no compliments :)

19 November, 2007

Lille Kra's avatar

Norway Norway

For once I was going to buy myself a new perfume. I had already read some about Diamonds and wanted to try it, though I didn't really expect it to "be me". I kept smelling my wrist for the next 30 minutes, considering wether or not to buy it. I just fell in love with it, and two weeks later I found myself buying the body lotion as well.
    It's a sweet fragrance and, I think, a bit heavy without the headache I've gotten from several other perfumes. It's definetely worth a try, if nothing else.

30th October, 2007

street_a_licious's avatar

Austria Austria

Smells..... bland. It really doesn't smell like anything special. Like a fresh body spray, it's pleasant, but unremarkable, doesn't stay on my mind, it's really just bland.

18 October, 2007

iMaverick's avatar

I thought I was going to run away from this one with the mention of lychee and raspberry in this scent, but luckily it's not the sugar coated variety. There's a lot of freesia at the heart tainted with rose and muguet to give the freesia its dimension.

You definitely catch the vanilla at the base, and for the most part, this scent is linear and thankfully without inducing a sugar-coated floral headache.

14 October, 2007